[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Red pill me on Dwarf Fortress Is it really fun or do you have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: dwarf.jpg (18KB, 318x159px) Image search: [Google]
dwarf.jpg
18KB, 318x159px
Red pill me on Dwarf Fortress

Is it really fun or do you have to be autistic to enjoy it?
>>
this game is not, you just have to memorize the hotkeys
>>
>>380907682
this game is not hard, i mean
>>
>>380907575
Its autistic to figure out the controls, after that, its a mildly challenging city builder. I had fun playing it, but its a specific person who does.
>>
Autism helps but it's fun regardless. It just seems a lot harder and autistic from the outside looking in.
>>
>>380907575
It's hard to get into because you basically need tutorials running.

It doesn't require autism, just an imagination to get a city built.

The fun part is subjective honestly. There was a time where /v/ hyped the shit out of this, but in truth, stories like Boatmurdered occur like this.

>8 hours playing with nothing going on
>Oh something strange happened
>16 hours in
>OH GOD ELEPHANTS

And that depends on the climate you pick.

You can play the game where literally nothing but gobbos show up after you've maxed your fortress. Then you'll slowly die of boredom.

Or you could have a Necromancer tower party show up, and if you're new- you'll be absolutely destroyed.

The game is at it's best when you have a SET goal in mind.

Not something vague like "I want a big fortress" or "I want to get a really elite army".

No you need shit like, "I want to have a whaling village that trains its rookie soldiers with clowns while prepping to flood the world with clowns."

Its a really good city builder and it has mods that increase longevity and provide a different feel (Masterworks). But you have to make the fun to really have fun. Which all those meme comics lie about.
>>
>>380908962
End of thread.
Also, no matter what anyone says, get the lazy newb pack
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.