[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I never played Secret of Mana. Is the series really good or is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: snes-secret-of-mana-gebraucht.jpg (177KB, 800x740px) Image search: [Google]
snes-secret-of-mana-gebraucht.jpg
177KB, 800x740px
I never played Secret of Mana.
Is the series really good or is it just nostalgia?
What makes it so good, is it the story, gameplay, soundtrack?

Mana or classic JRPG thread I guess
>>
>>380904637
1,2, and 3 are great. Story is simple, but nice. Soundtrack is amazing, gameplay fun and simple. Need to replay the SNES games sometime soon.
>>
>>380904637
I heard it's weird to unlock the co-op mode, that requires playing the first 15 minutes or so alone and then when having a party someone else can join
>>
played a little bit at a friend's house, semmed cool

amazing box art
>>
>>380904637

the music is comfy and theres tons of neat stuff you can do
>>
Tried to replay it solo on emulator, it is not good to play this solo. The AI is really fucking bad, early game you won't have Revive to get people back up so you have to spend money for an item to revive. The AI just makes it unplayable, they die really often and there is nothing you can do about it.
>>380904958
Its like 30-45 minutes.
>>
its fun but will seem like its lacking a lot compared to some other games due to a lot of content being cut, its pretty generic. the best part was playing with friends or a sibling because back in the day there weren't very many co-op zelda-ish games. music is top tier. playing it sets you up for sd3 which is everything som is but 10x better

watch some of these when you progress
>http://www.manatheater.com/archives01.html
>>
So, it's "only" a simple but charming JRPG?
>>
>>380904637
Secret of Mana is my favorite game. It might be nostalgia because me and my little brother played the shit out of it, but I just really like the atmosphere and the combat. 3 fucking sucks they ruined the combat by locking weapons to classes and the fact that there's a transition from walking around and running into enemies. Final Fantasy Adventure is pretty good too I was lucky enough for that to be one of my few game boy games.
>>
>>380904637
Its alright.
The gameplay is fun at first but later on, mainly in boss fights, it becomes a chore. The music is great. The story is okay...? To be honest I cannot remember any of the story, none of it stuck with me.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.