[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Sims 4 worth playing now? I can't touch Sims 3 knowing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

File: The_Sims_4_Box_Art.png (155KB, 250x352px) Image search: [Google]
The_Sims_4_Box_Art.png
155KB, 250x352px
Is Sims 4 worth playing now? I can't touch Sims 3 knowing how badly it runs on my PC (which is not even bad)
>>
sims 4 is dogshit, do your best to get sims 3 to run better, get the overwatch mod if you haven't already.

sims 4 might be good two years from now once 10 DLCs have come out, the content has been brought to the level of sims 3, and they are at a reasonable price/on sale often.
>>
>>380902856
Yes it's good
>>
>>380903102
I was going to pirate it anyway, so the price doesnt matter
>>
It's okay, but won't keep you entertained for very long. It has like a tenth of the content The Sims 3 has.
>>
>>380902856
The sex mods are alright.
>>
>>380902856
tl;dr on sims 4
The sim creator is the best in the series, house building tools are also great.
But it has the least content, least features and its target demographic switched to female blogger types.
>>
>>380904919
What exactly was the target demographics for the Sims before ?
>>
>>380905081
People that own cats

Any Sims 3 expansion worth getting?
>>
sims 4 has always been the best sims game, you've been missing out

the core of the game is the interactions between sims and in 4 they're more nuanced and varied than they've ever been

multitasking and emotions are such a godsend that i really wonder how the game existed without them, fuck the open world
>>
>>380904426
>but won't keep you entertained for very long

How much time tho
>>
>>380902856
Sims 4 does like 1 or 2 minor things right. Removing all open world aspects, forcing everything to be rabbitholes again, and overall shallowing the gameplay considerably are some of the few reasons why those minor good things will never be enough to make it a decent game. Just get sims 3 and slap a bunch of mods into it.
>>
>>380905081
I can't really put my finger on it but it felt more like parody of early commercialized americana in the past, given the store theme and to silly names for things.
Sims 4 feels more like it's just become what it is parodying, not to mention it's shifted into modern times with it's furniture and such, really doesn't hit the same tone as say, the original sims game.
And it's make sense, given Will Wright didn't work on it.
In fact he hasn't worked on them since sims 2, so I feel that's why it drifted so much, sims 3 was the initial break, still mostly there, but sims 4 has completely drifted.
I don't have high hopes for a potential sims 5 at this point, if there will even be one considering EA has been phoning it in for DLC this time around.
>>
>>380905081
rated E for everyone

everyone has a soft spot for sims
>>
>>380905725
Honestly? I would wager a day at most. Unless you're super into making sims or designing homes or something. All jobs are rabbitholes and most of the interesting depth to skills has been removed.
>>
Sims 3 has better sex mods but a worse character creator.
>>
>>380905081
Women.
>>
>>380905819
>pudgy faces

no thank you
>>
honestly it's the sequel to the sims 4 i wish we'd gotten from the start

the third one diluted and changed what actually makes the series great
>>
File: 1497142873087.jpg (14KB, 180x242px) Image search: [Google]
1497142873087.jpg
14KB, 180x242px
>>380905972
>get sex mods
>forget I installed height mod
>girl is basically rubbing a dick on her scalp with her mouth wide open
>>
Sims 4 is unequivocally the best Sims game.
>>
Okay guys, what mods do I get to sex shotas and lolis?
>>
So is it actually better or not, because you all send me mixed signals
>>
>>380907283
not
>>
>>380907283
That's the age old question. It's both better and worse. Worse because there's less to do in it and it's the most trivial game in the series in terms of gameplay. Like no matter how much you fuck up your sims will still end up superhuman gods before the first week is over. Good because it runs smooth, looks great(for a sims game at any rate) has some more expanded in depth systems and just more base content overall, and a lot of the shit missing people threw a shitfit over(rightly so) have been added now.

Basically, if you want a more "pure" simple sims experience or want to make waifus Sims 4 is worth a go, but if you want to fuck around and go crazy Sims 3 is better.
>>
>>380908701
Also. After you have played 4 you will most likley not want to go back to 3. It just kinda feels wonky and old in comparison, even if it might still technically be the better game.
>>
>>380908701
I'd go with Sims 3 but loading times are far, far too long and it's borderline unplayable.

There's no point in playing it without expansion packs.
>>
>>380906403
scalp fucking is probably a thing
>>
>>380906403
>height mod
Source
>>
So how do you make Sims 3 work alright? What was the reason of it working like shit exactly?
>>
>>380904715
>No bouncing boobs
>>
>>380909905

Different anon but search for 'sims 3 height slider CmarNYC'.
>>
File: 19-02-2017_20-52-36.png (1MB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
19-02-2017_20-52-36.png
1MB, 1600x900px
If Sims 3 runs badly on your computer, gets Sims 4.
Otherwise Sims 3.

Sims 4's pretty solid now.
With a Season/Pets EP it'd be even better.
>>
>>380905819
removing the open world and object customization was the biggest disappointment for me and the reset of the people who bought had damn game
>>
>>380910632
That's a period; not a semicolon.
>>
>>380905249
>Sims 3 expansion worth getting
World Aventures, Late Night, Ambitions, Generations and Seasons for comfy winter the must have for me.
I also like University, but that's more personal than anything. The one about the islands (don't remember the name) its cool if you're into boathouses.
Stay away from Into the Future and Pets (this one because it puts a big strain on the game and fuck pets)
>>
>>380909339
Just chose the expansions packs which interest you the most. There's no point in installing everything to be honest, some of them are pretty meh.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.