[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Recommend me some nice mech games. Already familiar with MechWarrior

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6

File: Muv-Luv_Alternative F-4A Phantom.jpg (301KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Muv-Luv_Alternative F-4A Phantom.jpg
301KB, 1600x1200px
Recommend me some nice mech games. Already familiar with MechWarrior 3 and Armored Core. Is Titanfall 2 worth a shot?
>>
Xenoblade Chronicles X
>>
>>380886880
T2 was alright but multiplayer is dead as fuck. Did you try Front Mission 3?
>>
>>380888164
Watched some Front Mission 3 gameplay. Looks pretty nice. Might try that out soon. Shame about Titanfall 2. It looks nice.

>>380887962
Just need console to play this.
>>
>>380888164
>multiplayer is dead as fuck.

This isn't true btw. It's just that Attrition is the most popular mode, so you might have to wait a few seconds for other modes.
>>
>>380886880
titanfall is just codshit
>>
File: Zenith.jpg (106KB, 850x850px) Image search: [Google]
Zenith.jpg
106KB, 850x850px
Front Mission 3/4/5
3 is the best overall, 2 long campaigns, 4's is a bit of a downer compared to 3 but it's still some of the good stuff, 5 is the best gameplay wise but the story is short
>>
>>380888997
Front Mission 3 is amazeballs. Titanfall 2 Multi is absolute shit right now. No matches, and or it takes 30min to find a match, where theres 2 guys running aimbots and dominating the whole game.
Are you on PC or Console? MechWarrior Online is aight, not stellar but aight
>>
File: Damascus-Gear-Operation-Tokyo.png (967KB, 1772x934px) Image search: [Google]
Damascus-Gear-Operation-Tokyo.png
967KB, 1772x934px
How is this game?
>>
>>380886880
>Is Titanfall 2 worth a shot?
I'm playing it now, its incredibly fun. They have fast mechs like Ronin with dashes and a move where he dashes into another dimension and then re-appears where the dash ends or big slow ones like Scorcher who have flame shields and shoot flaming mortar things. The movement is amazing, as well, you can grapple onto mechs and steal their batteries for buffs, or slingshot around buildings and crouch slide for speed. I hear the SP is really good too. Its currently 20 bucks, and there's a free trial where you can play some SP missions and MP. It ends tomorrow so I'd at least give it a shot if I were you.

Super Robot Taisen OG: Saga Endless Frontier is also really good. This was the best picture I could find of the Gespenst, haven't played pic related though.
>>
File: 1442504119956.jpg (145KB, 622x622px) Image search: [Google]
1442504119956.jpg
145KB, 622x622px
>>380889678
Where do I even start with these Super Robot Wars games? I've wanted to try them out for a long time, but it feels like I need to play those old ones first to understand story/characters.
>>
>>380889510
>No matches, and or it takes 30min to find a match
Are you Australian or do you only play shit modes like free for all?
>>
>>380888164
>T2 was alright but multiplayer is dead as fuck
PLEASE FUCK OFF WITH THIS SHIT.

FUCK.
>>
File: IMG_1095.jpg (97KB, 717x1000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1095.jpg
97KB, 717x1000px
>>380886880
Xenogears
>>
>>380890205
>I've wanted to try them out for a long time, but it feels like I need to play those old ones first to understand story/characters.

Do you mean the mainline games or the OG ones?

Because the latter only requires you to have seen the robot anime associated with them. The more the merrier.
The overarching plots are visible within the titles if they ever do appear.
>>
>>380890205
SRW OG on the Gameboy Advance is the correct place to start playing SRW.
>>
>>380890205
I honestly couldn't tell ya anon. I just bought Endless Frontier years ago on a whim because it looked cool. We never even got the sequel. I'd like to get
into these mech things to, but boy do they span a long time. Gundam had a billion series, and SRW doesn't even have half of their shit translated.
>>
>>380886880
Play Mechwarrior online, it's the only mech game out there that requires you to develop some actual skill, since you'll be playing against actual people, not retarded AI.

>b-but muh Titanfall 2!
Titanfall 2 is not focused on mech vs mech combat while MWO is nothing but this.
>>
Which Armored Core games are worth playing /v/?
>>
>>380890747
>>380890762
>>380890842
I was thinking about OG Moon Dwellers, since I saw threads about it when it got that asian release with english text.

So if I want get most out of it, I should watch some anime first then and nothing else?
>>
>>380891347
Almost all of them.
AC5 and VD are now done because they were multiplayer focused.
There was one not-so-great one straight to PSP.

The rest is great.
>>
>>380891518
The non-OG ones require you to be invested in the anime. Sorry, I screwed up the latter/former distinction.

IIRC, there was one anime for the OG series but it wasn't all that successful.
>>
>>380891816
Seems like there lot of OG games untranslated. I read elsewhere that Moon Dwellers is newcomer friendly, but it still looks like something where I need knowledge of previous games. I guess it introduces bunch of charactes too, which game assumes I know already
>>
>>380892442
The thing about Moon Dwellers is that it does kind of throw you into the deep end in terms of characters and plot developments from older games but it does have a encyclopedia that you can pull up during dialog scenes that will tell you just what people are talking about concerning past games.
>>
>>380889531
It's shit, utter shit, stay the fuck away from it. I tired giving it a chance as a mech lover, but it's not worth it.
>>
>>380889678
>Exceed translation never
;_;
>>
>>380886880
>no one has said Zone of the Enders yet
If you have a PS3 get the HD version for it.

You can try project Nimbus on PC. It's an indie and I personally find it a bit rough but still enjoyable.

There's also the Strike Suit games (zero and infinity) also on PC.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.