[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It's really not a bad game and all in all a great finale

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 7

File: MGSV-3.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
MGSV-3.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
It's really not a bad game and all in all a great finale to the series. It's your own fault for being turbo autistic and hyping it to insane levels.
>>
>>380882205
It's kojima's foult for making such great trailers.
>>
>>380882205
Actually it was kojimas fault for putting almost every fucking cutscene in the game in trailers, basically spoiling what little story there was. Might have had a greater impact on me if I didn't go into every cutscene like "Oh it's this scene"
>>
>>380882581
This. If all the trailer where like the one from the E3 2013, it would have been a lot better.
>>
File: 1452529000670.jpg (75KB, 934x1334px) Image search: [Google]
1452529000670.jpg
75KB, 934x1334px
You don't play a game called Metal Gear Solid, made by a man named Hideo Kojima, and have your expectations set to "okay", "not bad" or "on par with the yearly Ubisoft open-world title".
>>
A trend in the MGS series is that the games become more and more fun to play without cutscenes as the series progresses; they can lean more on their gameplay to satisfy players. However, while the game controls well, a number of decision choices really hurt the experience. The biggest change in MGSV is the inclusion of an open world. The player can run around Afghanistan, Africa or Mother Base to their heart's content. They take on missions or side ops at designated points, and all seems well. However, the open world has a number of effects on other parts of the game. First and foremost, there is very little environmental variety in MGSV. You can take on operations in Afghanistan or Africa, both of which are very similar looking throughout their entire map. The two aren't even drastically different from one another. This leads to player fatigue as they look at the same things over and over again, and it gets boring fast. The team couldn't make many more environments, as the need to fully flesh them out to accommodate the open world would likely take too much money. Compare this to MGS4, where every chapter took place in a distinct location, each one fun to explore in its own right. You have the blinding snow of Shadow Moses, the jungles of South America, or a war torn town in the middle east. MGSV has desert wilderness and tropical desert wilderness.The open world also causes a reliance on supply drops. Any time the player isn't extracting out between missions they aren't refilling on supplies, causing the need for a drop. This isn't inherently a problem, but the drops take time to reach the player, leading to a lot of waiting around. The solution to this is to extract more often, however between loading screens and waiting for the helicopter to arrive, there is still a lot of waiting. This isn't even taking into account travel from the chopper to the mission, or vice versa. There's so much time spent doing nothing in this game
>>
Its a 6/10 game. Sick of seeing it everywhere. There are better games that exist.
>>
>>380882581
I didn't watch any cutscene (except for the one that ended in ground zero) and it was still a let down

if the game was finished and not retconed to shoehorn his horseface mistress the game could have been good
>>
File: fan.jpg (496KB, 2480x3508px) Image search: [Google]
fan.jpg
496KB, 2480x3508px
>>380882205
Big Boss is actually the Phantom.
>>
>>380882205
It might as well be self-contained, and looking at it on it's own, it's one of the worst open-world games I've played, even discounting the no variety, cut content, microtransactions, no story, and cut content.
>>
File: 1481592342752.gif (2MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1481592342752.gif
2MB, 480x270px
>supposed to tie up the series and answer the last questions.
>instead introduces a whole new layer of bullshit that goes completely unexplained
>ends with liquid and psycho jr and a bunch of nig nogs stealing a nuke, the most advanced weapon in history and a virsus that can potentially billions
>le end

Yeah, nah, fuck this shit. Everybody who's happy with how the game turned out either isn't invested in the series or legit retarded.
>>
why was psycho mantis so powerful?
>>
It's not on the same level as the real MGS games
>>
File: Shiggydiggy.png (103KB, 500x336px) Image search: [Google]
Shiggydiggy.png
103KB, 500x336px
>time to develop some weapons
>takes 10 days of real time to finish
>oh hey you can spend those coins to make it faster
>10 days would costs you 750 coins
>>
>>380886329
or just install the mod that removed development times
>>
>>380885648
A Nuke and a metal gear
>>
It's a fucking Kojima game. Why are there no crazy secrets hidden in the world? Why is everything so sterile and empty?
>>
File: 1497565833023.gif (13KB, 100x100px) Image search: [Google]
1497565833023.gif
13KB, 100x100px
>>380886450
Online thingies are server stored.
>>
So much could have been improved. People already mentioned the open world being too empty or story content being cut. But the whole FOB multiplayer content could have been so much more too. You are so limited in what you can do with your own FOBs to make them in any way unique.
>>
File: 1445713264578.gif (2MB, 160x200px) Image search: [Google]
1445713264578.gif
2MB, 160x200px
>>380882205
it's not a finale moron.

fucking canonfags are literally sonic tier autistic i swear to god.
>>
>>380886887
oh, so you're retarded
>>
Is there a way to cheat with the weapon unlocks if you are playing the console version? Because the real time unlocks are really annoying me.
>>
>>380882205
It's not bad in the first chapter, then it starts showing how much content is missing
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.