[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The game industry has crashed due to the gradual buildup of shitty

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: 1491941994286.png (2MB, 630x628px) Image search: [Google]
1491941994286.png
2MB, 630x628px
The game industry has crashed due to the gradual buildup of shitty business practices among AAA developers! Which companies live and which companies die?
>>
EA
Microsoft
Sony
>>
>>380879879
Ubishit probably dies too.
Nintendo survives.
>>
>>380879879
I forgot to mention Rockstar
>>
>>380879732
the companies that has the biggest profit margins

so basically:
valve
Bethesda
EA maybe if they axe like 80% of their developers
activision if they do the same as EA
>>
>>380879732
Nah, the only reason it'll crash is because of entitled bitches feeling like a company owes them something.
>>
>>380880003
While Valve will probably take a sizeable hit, it will still probably survive in the end due to Steam not being totally reliant on AAA titles.

Microsoft is totally fucked, Sony will be mortally wounded, and Nintendo will carry on as usual.
>>
It's not gonna happen, the industry is not even CLOSE to a crash, in fact it's the opposite. But if something like it would to happen, it would probably look something like this.

Ubisoft dies.
Activision disbands everyone but those who work on CoD series and sport games.
EA survives but cuts a whole bunch of studios. Bioware might survive but only with a skeleton crew, meaning that very last of competent people there are fired. Everything focuses on guaranteed income series, mainly sports games and low-ambitious casual franchises.
Paradox is dead.
Devolver is dead.
Rockstar is untouched, but never experiments with anything but the next mega-budget GTA game.
Bethesda disbands all of it's inhouse developers, but the Bethesda Development studio is untouched and working on yet another crappy TES or Fallout game.
Microsoft is focusing on minecraft, mobile games and endless remasters of Halo, GoW and similar showel-ware.
CDPR focuses on niche nerd audience and mainly does card games and digital versions of table-top games.
Valve is hardly touched but keeps on not making games.
Nintendo is only releasing more Mario games.
Sony is the only studio that teases new IP's and experimental titles, but not really releasing any of them.
Most of Indie market focuses on mobile games and showel-ware, all more ambitious projects are canceled.

Really: it would just make everything worse. Like: a LOT worse. The worst parts of the industry would remain, but all the few more ambitious projects would die. The first thing an industry implosion would do would kill ANY risk-taking and destroy medium-sized and niche-oriented studios. The industry giants would easily survive, but just push bad monetization and appeal to safe wide audience all the more hard.
>>
>>380880727
>Nintendo will carry on as usual.
how?
the wii U failed harder than my SAT score
the while the wii may have made a ton of money i bet most of that was used to tide nintendo over until the switch launched which while popular isnt doing AMAZING sales like the Wii did, i cant see nintendo being loaded with cash, so unless people suddenly start liking mario games again nintendo is fucked with the rest of the console manufacturing.
>>
File: 1497646072209.jpg (91KB, 618x645px) Image search: [Google]
1497646072209.jpg
91KB, 618x645px
>>380879879
>every company except the one that showed a picture at a games conference
>>
>>380881121
Because Nintendo has cornered the "obsessive fan market" as they say. If the industry crashed, they'd basically end up like the anime industry, producing crap but maximizing profits with a minuscule buyer base that will purchase anything they throw out.
>>
File: sega.png (30KB, 1070x800px) Image search: [Google]
sega.png
30KB, 1070x800px
/ourcompany/ will live.
>>
>>380881121
Nintendo owns their entire production from top to bottom and development for shitty hardware is cheap. Their expenses are rock bottom.
>>
Reminder that Nintendo took the cinematic meme too far and went right to photography.
>>
>>380881461
>there were only 4 conferences at e3 because my hate boner is too big
you die too
you're the only human casualty of the second vidya crash
>>
>>380881121
Nintendo owned the market in the 80s and 90s until PS1 and Xbox came out (Sega was there but obviously Sega didn't survive as well lol) They have a lot of money, plus they are smart with development costs and can make great games for less then other devs usually would. Nintendo would be fine.
>>
Nintendo die that's it
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.