[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I'm starting a new playthrough after centuries, only

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: Resi4-gc-cover.jpg (91KB, 300x425px) Image search: [Google]
Resi4-gc-cover.jpg
91KB, 300x425px
So I'm starting a new playthrough after centuries, only played it once before. Any tips for upgrading weapons? Which ones should I go for?

Also does this game have NG+? When I beat it on normal, will I be able to go to hard will all the weapons I already have?

Also how important is it to get all treasures etc in a certain area? Like during backtracking, should I bother to pick up everything or just say fuck it?

Thanks.
>>
Pro Run
Kill Merchant at first sight
Use only what you find along the way to survive.

"If it's not fun, then why bother?" - Reggie
>>
>>380877726
And yes, you can do Pro Mode with the Chicago Typewriter or Infinite Rocket Launcher. I'm assuming you're playing the superior Gamecube version and not the inferior ones that came after.
>>
>>380878080
>I'm assuming you're playing the superior Gamecube version and not the inferior ones that came after.
sorry lol. playing the latest remaster on ps4
>>
File: 220px-Gabby_hayes_1953.jpg (20KB, 220x320px) Image search: [Google]
220px-Gabby_hayes_1953.jpg
20KB, 220x320px
>>380877726
>you should only be upgrading 2-4 weapons max throughout the playthrough, so either wait for a better handgun/shotgun or upgrade what you have and stick with it
>difficulty scales with your performance, if you struggle the game is more forgiving
>ANY of the pistols are worth upgrading, but you'll get the most damage per shot out of the Red9
>the riot shotgun isn't worth buying
>explore to find free weapons
>explore for treasures
>remember that there is a free magnum revolver in the castle, you can backtrack to it after doing the lava area and returning to an earlier area in the fancy little train car
>>
>>380877726
it generaly comes down to personal preference, so here's what I like:
>pick up the first shotgun and buy the first sniper when they're available, don't upgrade them or the starting pistol
>buy the Red9+stock when available, upgrade it and keep until the end
>buy the second shotgun when available, sell the previous one, don't upgrade it
>buy the second rifle when available, sell the previous one, upgrade it and keep until the end
>grab the Broken Butterfly revolver when available, upgrade and keep it
>buy third shotgun when available, sell the previous one, upgrade and keep it
that's how I usually go through the game

you could do a TMP run as well, doing the headshot+kick+knife combo with it's large ammo pool is pretty efficient
>>
>>380877726
Never upgrade anything you don't intend to max. General recommendation is the Striker, Semi Auto Rifle and a good pistol weapon (Red9, Blacktail or TMP) maxed. If you want to stretch your resources the bolt action rifle, mine thrower and a magnum (Killer7 is usually better for fresh runs) can all be really good, though in terms of cost you're better off investing in rocket launchers to gimp bosses over ever buying a magnum.

>When I beat it on normal, will I be able to go to hard will all the weapons I already have?
Yes, but you can't go through Pro on NG+ until you beat a fresh Pro first. That said if you do Assignment Ada you can start Pro with the Special2 costume, which makes Ashley invincible.

>Also how important is it to get all treasures etc in a certain area?
Depends on how many weapons you want to max. If you're alright with just three don't worry too much about them, if you want more you'll need to pick up about every treasure.

>>380878535
>ANY of the pistols are worth upgrading
Punisher's pretty shit honestly. Easily the worst weapon in NG.
>>
>>380878080
>I'm assuming you're playing the superior Gamecube version
Gamecube versions never got Pro, the PRL, and the weapon rebalances of the PAL version beyond was for the better.
>>
>>380879619
>Gamecube versions never got Pro
Suuuuure.
>and the weapon rebalances of the PAL version beyond was for the better.
Bwaaaaaaaahahahahahha
>>
>>380879825
>Suuuuure.
Did it? Honest question.

>Bwaaaaaaaahahahahahha
>bolt action rifle got an actual niche
>US GC maxed Semi Auto Rifle had DPS on par with magnums despite nothing resisting it and ammo being common
>disliking pistol buffs
You what?
>>
I haven't played Pro yet but normal is fucking easy, you can upgrade whatever you want. Money is really not that big of a deal.
>>
>>380877726
What version of the game? One version has the red 9 do 5 damage and the black tail does 3.5 but in the euro versio the red 9 does 6.5 and the black tail 4.5. If these guns are the lower damage ones go with the default handgun for headshot procs.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.