[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How long until PC gaming completely replaces consoles /v/? I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

File: PewDiePie_Beard.png (757KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
PewDiePie_Beard.png
757KB, 600x600px
How long until PC gaming completely replaces consoles /v/? I have been anticipating general consumers to realize the vast benefits that PC has compared to consoles for quite some time now. With the recent stupidity of the PS4 Pro and the Xbone X I imagine the breaking point will be relatively soon.
>>
>>380876673
I don't know, poods, you fucking tell me.
>>
>>380876673
never because most consumers are casuals and/or idiots and buy on impulse
>>
>>380876673
People like portable gaming.
>>
Never ever PC fat
80% prefers to play in their saloon curling in a single sofa.
>>
Fucking never. Why would joe schmo who graduated with average gpa in his non stem major care to spend 700$+ for a solid pc when all he wants is play fifa and occasionally cod.

Fucking peecee fags think they know shit
>>
>>380877916
>What are used PCs and upgrades
>What is budgeting
>>
>>380876673

>DRM machines
>Pirates in every Multiplayer game
>Mid End consoles far cheaper than Pcs
>Every major shooter has atleast 4 times the ammount of players Pc has
>Every big franchise is aimed towards consoles

So when will Pc replace consoles?
Never
>>
>>380876673
consoles will replace pcs once wireless/bluetooth/whatever gets powerful enough. buy a microsoft/apple/sony/nintendo box that wirelessly connects to all screens in your home. this is the future
>>
File: SuperData-Year-in-Review-1.png (750KB, 2236x1246px) Image search: [Google]
SuperData-Year-in-Review-1.png
750KB, 2236x1246px
Is PCMR the most delusional fanbase? They look at pic related and think they're hot shit, when the reality is that 1/3 of PC are piratefags, 1/3 are salesfags who've never spent more than $5 on a game, and 1/3 are lootboxfags.
There's a reason that PC ports are always late and/or shit, nobody buys them at full price.
>>
>>380876673
How long until Linux completely replaces Windows?

The answer for both cases is NEVER
>>
>>380876673
Thanks to fuckin Netflix, never.
>>
File: 1497414673763.jpg (24KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1497414673763.jpg
24KB, 512x512px
>>380876673
When
>PC gets actual games that aren't shallow westerntrash
>you can fit a PC in your pocket
>>
>>380878019
Why budget for 3 months when you just buy the 500 gb version at 250-300?
Remember the top selling games
-fifa
-madden
-cod instalment
-netflix
>>
>>380876673

he's looking like that wet bandit from home alone 1
>>
>>380876673
>the vast benefits that PC has compared to consoles
What benefits?
>more expensive
>no games
>countless problems + bug + troubleshooting
>no games
>unoptimized multiplats
>>
>>380876673
Consoles will never be completely replaced by computers mainly due to them being how people get into gaming and the price. I have a PS4 and a PC and outside of first person shooters and indie games I do most of my gaming on the PS4 mainly because I've always preferred using a controller and relaxing rather than using a keyboard and mouse in a chair
>>
>>380878265
tfw to intelligent to buy full price
>>
>>380876673
as a pc player. it wont happen. the reason there are multiple consoles at all is because of exclusivity. as long as nintendo has the rights to mario and zelda, people will by their consoles for mario and zelda. same with other consoles. if a consoles lacks exclusives then yes it will die out in favor of pc or another console. microsoft for instance has alot of their games ported to windows. if they lack exclusives then people will begin to favor pc gaming or another console, over the xbox.
>>
>>380876673
he looks a lot less faggy with a full beard and normal hair
if he got swole hed be a scary looking dude
>>
>>380878265
they don't understand that pc gaming = esports and early access, and showing off new tech. outside of those two devs don't give a fuck about PC and the money will always be in consoles.
>>
>>380878265
>if i buy it for 60 dollars it will be a good port
>>
PC won't replace consoles, but PC won't compete with consoles next generation, at least not as much as they used to.
Why? Because cell phones are the preferred method of playing games for kids nowadays, hell even adults, so I wager that the mobile games industry will start to broaden more.
>>
Microsoft is trying to homogenize both by making Xbone more like Windows and Windows more like Xbone
>>
>>380876673
Kill yourself consolewarsfag
Besides anyone with sense knows mobile """"gaming"""" is going to replace both console and pc, it makes significantly larger profit and reaches more normalfags, despite ruining vidya as a whole
>>
>>380876673
>How long until PC gaming completely replaces consoles /v/?
It won't because there will always be an audience for consoles.
>>
>>380880889
Good. Let the cancer go where it belongs.
>>
never

some people will never play on PC, plus idorts
>>
>>380880889
Xbox already ruined vidya as a whole by making paid online, dlc and microtransations an acceptable and universal feature on all consoles
>>
>>380881376
True, it might get kikes to fuck off from actual vidya and let people with passion stay.

>>380881435
Microtransactions was entirely pushed by mobileshit and MMOs.
>>
>>380876673
>How long until PC gaming completely replaces consoles /v/?
Slowly but surely, everything is being condensed. Watches(*) and agendas were a thing before phones, then smartphones came and a lot of people replaced desktop pcs with smartphones to shitpost on facebook/twitter/instagram.
It's just the cycle of life, some day they'll condense consoles into PC.
People still wear watches (I do) but most people use their phone to check the time
>>
File: 1493776977449.gif (1MB, 499x276px) Image search: [Google]
1493776977449.gif
1MB, 499x276px
>>380878265
>pc at a measly 35 dollars.
>>
>>380881736
Xbox live avatars are the precursor to mobileshit in terms of microtransactions
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.