[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If it's not fun, why bother? If it's not a battle,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: gonehome.png (225KB, 516x367px) Image search: [Google]
gonehome.png
225KB, 516x367px
If it's not fun, why bother? If it's not a battle, where's the fun?
>>
that's not a videogame tho
its an interactive experience
>>
>>380875687
The fun from gone home come from piecing together the story, and from the atmosphere. The twist has already been ruined for everyone in /v/, but the game presents itself as a horror game. Before you find out your sister ran off with her girlfriend, the game leads you to think she was murdered or kidnapped. It's a nice experience honestly. It just got too popular for a game that relies on subversion of expectation.
>>
>>380875790
More like an audiovisual masterpiece of ou're times.
>>
>>380875687
>If it's not a battle, where's the fun?
Hyperpleb detected.
>>
>>380875980
If it's not a battle, where's the fun?
Kill yourself
>>
>>380875980
>Presents itself as a horror game
I totally fell for that shit. I was legit expecting some spooks, but when I realized it was an artsy shit game with no gameplay I felt duped
>>
>>380876330
Exploration is fun
Uncovering the story is fun
Mystery is fun
>>
What we know as video "games" are only called this because of technical limitations. Early computer interactive mediums were primitive, and the only thing that was economically viable to produce using it were games, the most base of all artistic media. Hit the ball and watch it go into the net. Shoot the triangle with your dots. Some aspiring artists included story on the boxart, or manual, but there was truly only so much you could do at the time.

Now, over 45 years later, interactive medium is still shackled to the concept that it must be a "game" and must be "fun", despite technological advancement theoretically allowing a form of art that offers a degree of expression that has never been so before. It's no surprise that the medium still isn't taken seriously when developers squander such potential.
>>
>>380876491
That is a definite risk when making a game like this. Some people will feel impressed at the twist and enjoy it, and some will feel tricked and resent it. Both reactions are equally valid imo
>>
File: 1451012606009.jpg (11KB, 213x250px) Image search: [Google]
1451012606009.jpg
11KB, 213x250px
>>380875687
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.