[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Skyrim still worth playing if I never played an elder scrolls

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: Skyrim_Cover.png (4MB, 1529x1898px) Image search: [Google]
Skyrim_Cover.png
4MB, 1529x1898px
Is Skyrim still worth playing if I never played an elder scrolls game?
Should of get the special edition or the regular edition?

What are the best mods?
>>
It's very fun for the first 6-8 hours, before you discover that there's nothing more to the game than what you've already seen. None of the game's issues can be fully resolved via modding, so just grab the unofficial patches.
>>
File: 1487309309627.jpg (561KB, 1500x1714px) Image search: [Google]
1487309309627.jpg
561KB, 1500x1714px
>>380874745
>Is Skyrim still worth playing if I never played an elder scrolls game?
of course!
>Should of get the special edition or the regular edition?
why not both?
>What are the best mods?
you might wanna wait for the creation club for the best ones!
>>
Skyrims better than most AAA trash realised in the last 7 years so yes it is. Don't listen to the faggots here. They suck Witcher 3 off routinely despite every complaint they have about Skyrim being 20 times worse in Witcher.

Special Edition is better but has less mod support currently.

Mods aren't as good as in Oblivion, I recommend getting them as you play, if you have any issues with the game. Monster Mod and Immersive Creatures for a start.
>>
File: 1493611901503.png (143KB, 398x384px) Image search: [Google]
1493611901503.png
143KB, 398x384px
>>380875031
I agree with this fine gentleman right here. Please do what he says and also make sure to check out Fallout 4 with the season pass also! It's great!
>>
>>380874745
Definitely get the standard edition. The large scripting extension SKSE isn't supported on the Special Edition so any "in-depth" mod won't work (things like quest mods and sex mods if you're into that).

The extra graphics stuff you get from Special Edition is matched by any of the ENBs you can get for the normal edition. I suggest Realvision ENB, but there may be better ones. I haven't looked at ENBs since I installed mine years ago.
>>
>>380874745
http://www.tesgeneral.com/
>>
File: Ngx8j.jpg (363KB, 3328x1872px) Image search: [Google]
Ngx8j.jpg
363KB, 3328x1872px
>>380875031

Make sure you buy your mods through steam and only steam or I'll lock your steam account.
>>
>>380874745
play a vanilla (mod-less) run first, then go on nexusmods and see for yourself
>>380876006
here you have some good resources to start too
>>
>just start RPing in the other skyrim thread
>it gets deleted
>>
>>380876006
What a bloated guide. Most of the "essentials" are nowhere near essential. It could use some kind of star ranking or color coding to mark things that are really important in each category.
>>
>>380874745
>Is Skyrim still worth playing if I never played an elder scrolls game?
Yes, in fact this is the BEST time to play it. You'll notice that nearly everyone who complains about Skyrim does so because it compares unfavorably in their opinion to Morrowind or Oblivion, which they invariably played first.
It's much better to start with Skyrim than to spoil yourself by playing an older TES game.
>>
>>380874745
Get the Legendary edition when it goes on sale for 15-25 dollars. It's worth it then.

Don't pay for mods or i'll smack you silly with the 9 milly.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.