[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

XBOX ONE X general discussion thread >PC World Struggles

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 249
Thread images: 35

File: xbox one x.jpg (208KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
xbox one x.jpg
208KB, 2048x1152px
XBOX ONE X general discussion thread

>PC World Struggles to build a PC with same power as 1X under $500
http://www.pcworld.com/article/3200767/gaming/xbox-one-x-pc-build.html

>Xbox One X is the most Wished For product on Amazon
https://twitter.com/aarongreenberg/status/875754700913639424 (embed) (embed)

>Microsoft’s Xbox Media Briefing was the Highest Watched Moment of E3 2017 on Twitch
http://www.githyp.com/microsofts-xbox-media-briefing-was-the-highest-watched-moment-of-e3-2017-on-twitch/

>Monolith: Shadow of War Runs at Native 4K on Xbox One X, The Console Is Crazy Powerful
http://wccftech.com/monolith-shadow-of-war-native-4k-xb1x/

who else here /dayone/?
>>
Maybe not day one, but I'll probably buy one once they get properly settled in over here in Europe.It runs original Xbone games too, right? Might as well give my Xbone to my friend then.
>>
>>380874224
yes it will play all things xbone

also OG xbox back compat is coming too
>>
>>380874328
Is 360 still limited to the program titles only? OG box compatibility is nice though.
>>
>>380874460
yeah cause they need the publishers approval before they can enable 360 games for BC

they have over 380 games available right now tho so its not like there isnt a big selection
>>
thankfully this release co-coincides with my nephew starting his new school so i'll give him my current xbox one and get this one instead. i don't really care about single player games as i already have a good pc for that but i will be getting it to pair with a 4k monitor i should be buying this summer some time for my pc. playing games like bf4 at 720p with my friends is a pain for my eyes but as far as i've seen, games will be at least 1080p and that's like the absolute minimum of what i'd consider a playable resolution that doesn't rape your eyes after a few hours of gaming.
>>
>>380873987
>>PC World Struggles to build a PC with same power as 1X under $500
Anything under $500 is hardly considered a computer.
>>
>>380873987
>People struggle to build an equivalent PC for the same price 5 months before it releases
Not surprising at all and you're stupid if you think that's a good enough reason to buy one. Wait until it launches and see people easily undercut the price of the console for the same power.
>>
File: 1398124225166.jpg (159KB, 469x462px) Image search: [Google]
1398124225166.jpg
159KB, 469x462px
>>380873987
>http://www.pcworld.com/article/3200767/gaming/xbox-one-x-pc-build.html
Sorry to break it to you champ, but some other anon did what pcworld couldn't without being retarded https://pcpartpicker.com/list/GRYtFd
>>
>>380874585
I have some "obscure" 360 games like DoDonPachi that aren't covered by the BC program though. Neither is Forza 4 with I still play a lot despite owning 5 and 6 on Xbone.
>>
>>380874796
including KBM/controller and a UHD blu-ray player?

because those need to be included for you to claim its the same value as the 1X
>>
>>380874224
>Might as well give my Xbone to my friend then.

Wow that's pretty charitable.
>>
>>380874803
>No UHD blu-ray drive
>>
File: opinion discarded.webm (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
opinion discarded.webm
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>380873987
>XboneX will cost $150 more than PS4pro once it releases
>XboneX still upscales/checkerboards MOST games to 4K instead of rendering at ACTUAL native 4k , just like PS4pro
>XboneX is unable to double the framerate of the vast majority of games from 30fps to 60fps, just like PS4Pro

Soo..... why should I get one again? Why would I not spend that money upgrading my PC instead, where I can chose to, say, play Destiny2 at 1080p 60fps instead of being stuck to upscaled 4K 30fps?
If I were to go for the middle-ground option (so PS4pro or Xbone) I'd chose the Pro because it does the exact same for $150 less and has more games.

The better options will always be the cheaper PS4/Xbone models or a high-end PC, of course. But in that middle-ground XboneX has no place. What an irrelevant system.
>>
>>380875118
He's an absolute poorfag from an even poorer family, like "I make more in 3 months that his old man makes in one year" kind of poor and I work a sub-standard factory job.

He used to drive an ancient corolla that burned more oil than fuel until I gave him my old BMW as a "temporary loaner"
>>
why would i buy a locked down inferior PC to my own that has no exclusives?
>>
>>380875316
you act like microsoft are still trying to compete with PC...

they have stated many times that they dont care where you play their games as long as you are buying their games from W10 store its a win for them either way
>>
>>380875403
You should ask him to suck your dick as a thank you
>>
>>380875493
Who the fuck was talking about Microsoft or how this affects them?

I was talking about the consumer. Why would anyone buy a XboneX? I don't care about how MS profits from this, never even mentioned it.
>>
>>380875316
Wait, it still checkerboards? Also why are they aiming for 4k instead of 1080p 60fps, or 60fps in general?
>>
>>380875243
Not that anon, but what if UHD Blu-Ray doesn't even take off? Only a handful of studios have released films for it such as Warner Brothers, and what if we are closer to 8K before we get any momentum out of the medium?
>>
Too bad it doesn't have any good exclusives. RDR2 might be better on the xbonex, but it still doesn't have Bloodborne. I guess I won't buy a console this generation either ;_;
>>
>>380875639
people want the best looking versions of games and the xbox one x can provide that as described by devs of Shadow of War and Bethesda with ESO running with higher fidelity and graphic additions in native 4k and NOT checkerboarded like the pro
>>
When can I pre order?
>>
>>380875818
>still using bloodborne as the sole argument to buy a PS4

why do you soulsfags act like this still?
>>
>>380873987
It's actually a pretty nice console for that price and it actually is hard to make a PC that's as powerful or more powerful than it for 500$.

But it still has the same problems as any console. Yeah now it's good but what about next year? Or in two years? By then prices will drop down and you'll be able to make something more powerful easily. And it's also a head start for the Xbox One X One when it releases because upgrading your PC then will be guaranteed cheaper.
>>
>>380875243
I remember when Xbrots used to say this about the HD DVD drive.
>>
>>380875316
Isn't that mainly because developers are too chicken to actually use the hardware and not Microsoft's or the console's fault?
They don't want to give a definitive experience on one console to not piss off the fans of the other consoles. Or in Destiny's case, Sony is giving them a shitton of money to be the favored platform
>>
You aren't getting 1% of the features of a PC though and its about the same cost of a PC.
Anyone can add something to their wishlist. Means nothing. I wonder what the PS4 Pro was like.
>Microsoft’s Xbox Media Briefing was the Highest Watched Moment of E3 2017 on Twitch
And how disapointing it was.
>>Monolith: Shadow of War Runs at Native 4K on Xbox One X, The Console Is Crazy Powerful
Along with the sleugh of 4k 30fps low settings titles too. Wew lads.
>>
>>380876148
with microsoft leaving the traditional console generation cycle behind and going with a more mobile phone style cycle with a new console every 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 years they will be able to stay relevant while having it all backwards compatible with everything from OG xbox up to current

so they have kinda solved that issue
>>
Those who ignore history are doomed to repeat it.
Also why the fuck are you buying a $500 mid-console lifespan upgrade when the current generation won't even last another 5 years? There is be Xbox One 2 is 3- 4 years.
>>
>>380876324
Rendering the entire "most powerful console" selling point useless. Who the fuck cares when you're just going to blame console parity anyway?
>>
>>380875639
are you this detached from reality? i already know a bunch of people who are buying this thing. 4k marketing sells.
>>
>>380873987
>PC World

Stopped reading right there. PC World is a fucking joke.
>>
>>380876510
>with microsoft leaving the traditional console generation cycle behind and going with a more mobile phone style cycle with a new console every 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 years they will be able to stay relevant while having it all backwards compatible with everything from OG xbox up to current
Unless they will have a return the old xbone for a discount to the new one it actually just fucks over fans.
>>
File: 1MZh2bV.gif (3MB, 450x250px) Image search: [Google]
1MZh2bV.gif
3MB, 450x250px
>>380873987

>We’re not shooting for 60FPS at the time, we are trying to milk more graphics out of it and just make sure it always stays above 30 smoothly.

>it’s a crazy powerful box, it will be the prettiest possible version of the game [Editor’s note: among consoles]
>>
>>380873987
This OP is full off shill language. Fucking hell.
>>
File: WHERE DA VIDYA GAMES THO.gif (508KB, 162x152px) Image search: [Google]
WHERE DA VIDYA GAMES THO.gif
508KB, 162x152px
>>380875750
>Wait, it still checkerboards?
Yes, both Anthem and AssCreed:Egypt are confirmed to NOT render at 4K, both of them use upscaling techniques just as the PS4pro would. This will most probably be the case for the vast majority of XboneX games, only a few dozen will natively render at 4K as promised, mostly 1st party titles or less demanding games (so, exactly like PS4pro, AGAIN, but costs way more)

> Also why are they aiming for 4k instead of 1080p 60fps, or 60fps in general?
Because both PS4pro and XboneX where made with higher resolutions in mind and nothing else. Their GPU is good (the extra power is used for higher resolutions) but their CPU is almost the same as the original models, it's only slightly better, within the 20% to 50% margin.

Devs can not double framerates from 30fps to 60fps because a lot of processes are CPU-bound, like player count, AI calculation, some physics, etc. Even if the game ran at 1080p they couldn't double the framerate.

If PS4Pro and XboneX upgraded their CPU's to the same level as their GPU's their price would raise another $100. No one would buy PS4pro at $500 last year or XboneX at $600 now.

>>380875870
>people want the best looking versions of games
They would chose PC, then.

>Shadow of War and ESO in native 4k and NOT checkerboarded like the pro
Those are 2 examples. We already have 2 other examples of upscaling and checkerboarding like I mentioned before. Yes, XboneX will run more native 4K games than PS4pro, but it will still upscale a lot of them.

>>380876324
>Isn't that mainly because developers are too chicken to actually use the hardware
Why would they spend 2 weeks to a month of development time trying to optimize a version of their game for a console that has sold zero units so far? Even if it blows up and manages to sell 2 million this year, that's still only 2 million - that's miniscule even compared to Xbone's 30m units, much less PS4's 60m+

> Or in Destiny's case Sony paying
False and debunked.
>>
>>380875750
Many games will Forza 7 is the only native 4k game we have seen and I'm going to be its going to pretty much be exclusively first party games that hit it.
>>
By the time folks can afford a good 4K display it'll be dated tech. Silly thing to build around.
>>
>>380876667
then how about you read the 1000 threads on here of people trying to make builds with pcpartpicker and not including the UHD blu-ray player or a KBM/controller and saying its close to being the same when really its not cause everyone seems to be underestimating how much MS has customised the GPU and CPU in the 1X
>>
>>380876818
>They would chose PC, then.

no they wouldn't. leave your basement for once and see the real world and you'd realize that 99% of these casuals don't even think about pc.
>>
>>380876889
Just like 3D and VR lmao

Gimmicky, already-dated tech.
>>
>>380876510
>with microsoft leaving the traditional console generation cycle behind
It's a mid-gen console refresh. The BoneX is still current gen, just a 4K version of the current Xbone.

>going with a more mobile phone style cycle

lol
>>
>>380876739
well the logical way they will do it is the way apple does it where the xbone will be forward compat for the next xbox after the 1X but after that it will become incompatible and then the 1X will become incompatible after that etc
>>
>>380874803
Im sure the AMB RX 570 can get you silky smooth 4k like the xbone
>>
>>380876889
i said the same about ps4 pro. eh, at least it will allow devs to create higher quality assets which pc gamers will benefit from. right now going from like medium to ultra has very minute differences because all these games are balanced for consoles and to get the best out of their hardware.
>>
>>380876041
What other games makes the PS4 worth it though? I can't think of any.
>>
>>380877025
are they not going with a more mobile phone style where each new console comes out faster and is closer in power to the last and not a massive jump like theyve been up till the start of this gen?

im unsure where you're finding flaws in my logic
>>
File: 1473561474417.jpg (7KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1473561474417.jpg
7KB, 250x250px
>>380876925
>lel this build doesn't count even though it's more powerful cause it doesn't have a 4K Bluray player!!!!!!
>everyone seems to be underestimating how much MS has customised the GPU and CPU in the 1X

MS isn't giving you a 1200 dollar piece of hardware for 500, it isn't magic. A 200 dollar video card can run games as well as the BONEX. You could probably build a PC that runs games in 4K as well as the BONEX for 600-700 dollars. Not ridiculous. People forget how fast PCs outstrip consoles. It's very, very fast. Less than a year after the Scorpio launches Nvidia will release its Volta cards and AMD will have Navi, both of which will probably have mid-range GPUs that blow the Scorpio's performance out of the water
>>
>>380876974
> and you'd realize that 99% of these casuals don't even think about pc.
Those same casuals don't give a shit about 4K at all, they buy the cheaper OG PS4 and Xbone models instead.

Even those DO mind the resolution bump, they'll buy the first cheapest thing that has a "4K" sticker on the box, which is PS4pro in this case. They will look at both consoles, both claim to run at 4K and PS4pro is (will be) $150 cheaper. Why would they go for the XboneX?
>>
>>380877380
show me a $200 card that can run AAA games at 4k/30 without memeing and i will believe you
>>
>>380877213
Your logic is flawed because it erroneously assumes that their "new console" is next generation when it's literally just a refresh of their current console with better specs.

A "mobile phone style cycle" would be a new console every 1-2 years, and you have to be completely fucking delusional to think that would ever work when the use case for smartphones and consoles are completely different. Consoles aren't a utility device, they're not portable computers, people buy them for movies and games and that's it.
>>
>>380877781
refreshing the cycle faster allows for games graphics to progress at a faster pace which is better for console AND pc gaming because their will be less of a disconnect between them and pc cards will get more use than they have been up til now
>>
>>380877538
Sure, as soon as you show me a AAA game that runs at max settings at 4k/30 on the Xbone other than Forza and Minecraft.
>>
File: sony.jpg (325KB, 1716x1080px) Image search: [Google]
sony.jpg
325KB, 1716x1080px
>>380877387
>Those same casuals don't give a shit about 4K at all

yes they do. 4k tv's are the best selling right now on amazon best sellers list. 5 of the top 6 are all 4k.

>they'll buy the first cheapest thing that has a "4K" sticker on the box

nope once again. if though the massive majority of these people are uninformed, they'll still know the xbox one x is more powerful and will most likely want that just like they bought the ps3 for $600 based on muh power of the cell marketing.

social media buzz compared between the unveil of the pro and unveil of the x1x shows the x1x to be almost 10x more talked about than the pro. people are very interested in this product.
>>
>>380873987
Why are PC fat so triggered by the Xbox one X?
>>
>>380877538
Show me a console that guarantees 60fps
oh wait HAHA
>>
>>380878017
>the top 2 things sony that are driving consumer purchases of the PS4 are things sony doesn't include with the PRO not even having a UHD blu-ray player and resolution not being the best with the 1X coming

lmao
>>
>>380877538
there isn't one. the nearest ~$200 gpu is the gtx 1060 and jermgaming has his potatomasherpro series and most of his games can't hit 4k30 and he has to lower the res to like 1440p. his build is basically on par with the pro and this thing is supposed to be 40% more powerful in raw gpu metrics.
>>
>>380873987
>buying a midgen console like the Xbox one X or the PS4 pro
Please kill yourself for supporting to this.
This will soon turn into the mobile market where you can upgrade every years with a new samsung or a new iphone etc
>>
>>380878026
they take pride with their masterrace memeing bullshit so whenever a console claims or comes close to stuff 99% of them cant run they get scared and start shitposting like crazy
>>
>>380877974
>refreshing the cycle faster allows for games graphics to progress at a faster pace
A myth that has already been refuted thanks to >>380876324 >>380876818

Why the fuck would third party developers target niche consoles like the BoneX and Pro when the vast majority of the market owns the base console? It doesn't happen, trying to force the cycle of console generations to be like smartphones would fracture the userbase. It only works on PC because developers let PC gamers tweak graphics settings to fit their build, while the vast majority of console games don't.
>>
>>380878251
>and most of his games can't hit 4k30
at high settings maybe. Your average AAA console version isn't running at high settings.
>and this thing is supposed to be 40% more powerful in raw gpu metrics.
which nobody outside of first party devs (So, Rare and MS Studios) will take advantage of.
>>
File: console sales.jpg (52KB, 646x434px) Image search: [Google]
console sales.jpg
52KB, 646x434px
>>380878267
If that ever happens the console industry would become a niche if not crash altogether.
>>
>>380878789
>at high settings maybe. Your average AAA console version isn't running at high settings.
instead of speculating, try watching all his videos before making a comment.

>which nobody outside of first party devs (So, Rare and MS Studios) will take advantage of.
damage control
>>
>>380879092
What is you graph about?
>>
>>380878017
>they'll still know the xbox one x is more powerful and will most likely want that just like they bought the ps3 for $600 based on muh power of the cell marketing.

The ps3 was a massive fucking failure that put Sony millions in debt at launch, and only started making its money back four years into its lifespan you fucking idiot holy shit.
>>
>>380873987
>Most wished for on Amazon
Man xbros really be reachin on this one
>>
>>380878017
In the end we are talking about system that will sell below 10m units in their lifetime. We can go on about PS4pro VS XboXxnXeX all we want, but at the end of the day Xbone and PS4 are all that matter since they are (and will continue to be) 90% of the Xbox/PS console market

>>380878520
>It only works on PC because developers let PC gamers tweak graphics settings to fit their build
I'm >>380876818 and to be fair it doesn't work on PC either. The high-end is also a niche and the majority of devs don't give a fuck about optimizing for it (In Asscreed Unity a dev even shat on PC gaming in the code of the game, he wrote something along the lines of "this is for PC, who cares?") .
They shit out unoptimized PC versions and except you to already have top-tier hardware to be able to run their games.

Even stupid shit like pre-rendered cutscenes (which are literally just movie files) stuttering and dropping frames all over the place on PC but not on consoles. This happenend most recently with Nier Automata and Vanquish.
(most) Devs don't care for PC optimization just as they don't care about PS4pro/XboXnxxnXXEXexX optimization. It goes both ways, really.
>>
>>380879242
>instead of speculating, try watching all his videos before making a comment.
How am I speculating? Show me these videos demonstrating that third party AAA games are running at native 4k30 on par with PC maximum settings
>damage control
Not an argument. One of you already pointed out that X still upscales/checkerboards most games to 4K and can't double the framerrate on games like Destiny 2.
>>
Xbox had a bad show. objectively. it was their to lose and they fucked up:

no halo 5 or SSO in 4k to show the power. people need to see the before and the after, what Sony did with Infamous SS: good looking game before, great looking game after.

no one is really impressed by a racing sim running at high res. or cell shaded games.

no options between performance (60fps / low res) or image quality (30fps / 4k res)

no strong (at least console) exclusive. you may not like spoodermin (ft miles) but it was flashy. MS had nothing. Anthem ? th second people found out it was another loot gathering game ala Destiny focus shifted instantly.
>>
>>380878017
https://www.thurrott.com/xbox/xbox-one/118357/microsoft-wont-make-profit-selling-xbox-one-x
>Business Insider asked Microsoft’s Phil Spencer if the firm would make a profit selling the Xbox One X at $500. This is a curious question, in a way, because console hardware is always sold at a loss initially. (And in Microsoft’s case, it never actually turns a profit on Xbox consoles, despite rounds of cost reductions in each generation.)

>But Spencer spoke plainly, which is one of the things I like about him and the Xbox team these days.

>“No.”

>So that sounds clear enough. But then the publication pressed him to clarify, asking is Microsoft was “taking a loss.”

>“I didn’t answer it that way,” he responded. Probably irritated. “I don’t want to get into all the numbers, but in aggregate, you should think about the hardware part of the console business is not the money-making part of the business. The money-making part is in selling games.”

>Put simply, the Xbox One X is full of expensive components, which makes sense, since it is the most powerful video game console ever made. Will the price of those components come down over time? Of course. But then it’s reasonable to expect that Microsoft will likewise lower the cost of the Xbox One X for consumers in order to open it up to a wider audience.

>In other words, Microsoft will never turn a profit on the Xbox One X hardware. Because they never do.

>New technology is expensive. Fortunately, we also have options, and if you don’t want to live on the bleeding edge today, or simply can’t afford the price, you can always turn to the incredibly affordable Xbox One S. Obviously.
>>
>>380879503
are you retarded? the ps3 still sold in the masses. the only reason they lost millions was because they lost $300 per console sold. that doesn't take away from the fact that it sold a fuckload.
>>
File: 1476646598420.png (652KB, 821x767px) Image search: [Google]
1476646598420.png
652KB, 821x767px
>>380879982
>asking for footage of a console that isn't out for 6 months

are you really this retarded?

>Not an argument. One of you already pointed out that X still upscales/checkerboards most games to 4K and can't double the framerrate on games like Destiny 2.

most games? where? so far i've heard of 3 native 4k games and only 2 upscaled ones. where is this comprehensive list of "most games" being upscaled for a console that isn't even out yet or even playable.
>>
>>380880062
what has this got to do with the console selling? fyi i read that article yesterday, so you're late.
>>
>>380878251
PS4 Pro's 4K isn't native except for a few indies and cheap titles. Also, the GTX 1060 can do 60FPS in some games, 30-40FPS in some others at 4K Native in Medium settings.
http://youtu.be/Aud_Xa57Dio
>>
File: E3 Xbox.jpg (140KB, 1370x520px) Image search: [Google]
E3 Xbox.jpg
140KB, 1370x520px
>>380879993
http://www.githyp.com/microsofts-xbox-media-briefing-was-the-highest-watched-moment-of-e3-2017-on-twitch/
Not sure if everyone is thinking th same.
>>
File: 1446131637044.png (124KB, 640x768px) Image search: [Google]
1446131637044.png
124KB, 640x768px
>>380880074
Holy shit you are massively retarded. The PS3 didn't sell shit until it got massive price cuts way less than its initial $599 launch price.

PS3 lost literal billions of dollars, ony can bleed money all they want selling their consoles, they were worth $80 billion around the time of the PS2 and were worth $8 billion a decade later after the PS3 and various other divisions fucked them hard. You are literally fucking retarded if you think the masses buy consoles based on power over cost and popularity.
>>
File: 1393453529885.jpg (149KB, 5000x5000px) Image search: [Google]
1393453529885.jpg
149KB, 5000x5000px
If only they focused on 60fps as the standard for games.
>>
>>380880462
>Not sure if everyone is thinking th same.

arey ou fucking retarded ? I am doing the same thing, I'm mentioning it.
>>
File: 1408353861406.jpg (22KB, 268x265px) Image search: [Google]
1408353861406.jpg
22KB, 268x265px
>>380876925
But anon, we have this https://pcpartpicker.com/list/GRYtFd
>HUR DUR STILL NO UHD
There's like what, 10 UHD movies? Who cares
>>
>>380874803
I'd say a graphically equivalent $700 PC build has better value just for having all the functionality that comes with a computer, if nothing else.
>>
File: Forza 7.jpg (277KB, 1238x1284px) Image search: [Google]
Forza 7.jpg
277KB, 1238x1284px
>>380879993
>no one is really impressed by a racing sim running at high res. or cell shaded games.

Halo 5 in 4k is in the work. The console won't be out before november (5 month).
>>
File: Console-purchase-factors.png (191KB, 1000x936px) Image search: [Google]
Console-purchase-factors.png
191KB, 1000x936px
>>380880548
>he makes another claim and still doesn't show proof of it

yeah wow that graph really shows the ps3 sold like shit..oh wait..it doesn't even show sales figures at all

>You are literally fucking retarded if you think the masses buy consoles based on power over cost and popularity.

kek
>>
>>380880875
where is the SSD that stores the OS like the 1X has?
>>
>>380880462
someone will claim that all these mentions were negative against xbox, just wait.
>>
File: 1446131637044.jpg (7KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1446131637044.jpg
7KB, 200x200px
>>380880308
>>asking for footage of a console that isn't out for 6 months
>are you really this retarded?
You literally said "try watching all his videos before making a comment.". So you are actually this retarded.

>so far i've heard of 3 native 4k games
Yeah Forza and Minecraft. Why would most games run at native 4K when the vast majority that do are literally owned and developed by Microsoft?

Where is this comprehensive list of "most games" taking advantage of the 40% more power in raw gpu metrics? You don't get to use "it isn't out yet" as a defense in a thread hyping a console that isn't out yet.
>>
>>380873987
I hope it'll be a success because I want more 4k content.
>>
For how long MS is going to push Windows 10 with Xbox hardware? If halo 6 is going to be in Windows 10, i won't buy next gen console (xbox at least). I will just buy it in my Windows 10 PC. Is this even profitable for them? This is going to hurt Xbox hardware for sure.
>>
>>380880942

bitch please. do you want me to remind you the previous games that won 3e awards ?

Halo 5 SHOULD HAVE BEEN AT E3.
>>
File: 1408353253959.jpg (5KB, 125x91px) Image search: [Google]
1408353253959.jpg
5KB, 125x91px
>>380881090
>x1x
>1tb SSD
You're delusional and retarded. A 1tb ssd costs over half the console and more. It's not an ssd, stop pretending to be retarded
>OS
You can get windows for free from Microsoft keep being retarded I love it
>>
>>380881384
i didnt say 1tb SSD

it has a small SSD inside separate to the 1tb HDD that holds the OS install separate from everything else
>>
>>380881090
Performance, Graphical Quality and Resolution compared to the XBX is all that matters, gtfo with your "Hurr durr X has this components so Y needs them too!" bullshit.
>>
>>380881384
windows 10 isnt free anymore idiot
>>
>>380880970
>it doesn't even show sales figures at all

You mean like your image? At least I"m posting actual fucking numbers, you're making claims and haven't' shown jack shit, Nielsen surveys aren't proof over actual sales.

https://www.vg247.com/2013/01/07/xbox-360-and-ps3-losses-total-8-billion-ex-sony-employee-paints-grim-future/

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/10/31/sony-sells-33-million-ps4-consoles-in-3-months
They lost that much money, friend. This is all part of their public earnings reports over the last 10-15 years. MS lost tons too. Loss-leading with hardware doesn't really work. PS4 is doing fine but it has yet to make up for what they lost on PS3 you can't pretend that didn't happen

Call me when the most powerful console wins a gen in sales without costing less than the weaker console. Cause it hasn't happened in the past +4 console generations.
>>
>>380881234
They don't care about selling the consoles because that doesn't make them any money. They care about selling games.
>>
>>380873987
I'd build another 2000 dollar PC because it actually has games.
>>
Just like the PS4 Pro it doesn't matter how powerful it is when devs will still make their games for the base consoles and from there try to patch things up for the Pro and X using the least amount of time possible.

The Pro and X should've been this gen base consoles but they instead released those pieces of garbage known as Xbox One and PS4.
>>
>>380873987
Who the fuck names the Xbox? Xbox, Xbox 360, Xbox one, Xbox one x
>>
>>380881234
>I will just buy it in my Windows 10 PC. Is this even profitable for them?
Considering it will be Windows store exclusive and you'll have to buy it directly from them, yes.

As anons pointed out already, the Xbox isn't competing against PC. Most Halofags don't want to buy (or are too stupid to use) a gaming PC, they're going to buy an Xbox and having a minority of PCfags playing with them via crossplay only helps promote the Xbox to consolefags who would otherwise buy a PS4.
>>
/v/ isn't for generals dumbass

>>>/vg/
>>
>>380881152
>You literally said "try watching all his videos before making a comment.". So you are actually this retarded.

are you really this braindead? jesus christ.

>original post asks for a $200 gpu which can run every AAA game at 4k30
>i mention a youtuber who has a pc build using a $230 gpu whch can't do that and can't even do better than the pro in a lot of his games
>some fucking retard (aka you) says his build can't do it at high settings and tries to damage control that consoles use other settings
>i say watch his videos before speculating on his performance
>retard goes off on some shit about how he's not speculating despite not even watching the guys videos

>Yeah Forza and Minecraft.

nope. i didn't even remember these were there. i was talking about that new shadow of war, witcher 3 and destiny 2 which are all getting 4k patches.

>Where is this comprehensive list of "most games" taking advantage of the 40% more power in raw gpu metrics?
>deflecting

have this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philosophical_burden_of_proof
>>
File: 1491968342456.png (132KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1491968342456.png
132KB, 1000x1000px
>>380881617
>windows 10 isnt free anymore idiot
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/accessibility/windows10upgrade
wow look how easy that was
>>
>>380881248
They are working on Halo 5 and Halo MCC 4k
Xbox One X and also Halo 6 for Xbone, Xbone S, XB1X and probably Windows 10
>>
>>380882049
of course you can download the fucking thing but you need an activation code or it wont work...
>>
>>380882071
>They are working on Halo 5

well they failed to make it on time.
>>
>>380882049
>>380882189
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/accessibility/windows10upgrade
activates just fine
>>
File: Satya-Nadella.jpg (132KB, 1744x1161px) Image search: [Google]
Satya-Nadella.jpg
132KB, 1744x1161px
>>380881234
Until this guy stop being the CEO of Microsoft. The whole "We need to unify everything" was his idea.
>>
>>380882029
Might as well tell that to the mobile shit general like Fire emblem and the upcoming general which is Fate grand order.
>>
>>380882368
>Customers who use assistive technologies can upgrade to Windows 10 at no cost

nigger you are fucking retarded
>>
>>380881626
my image isn't about specific sales. you said "You are literally fucking retarded if you think the masses buy consoles based on power over cost and popularity.", and that survey shows a ball park figure of the average ps4 owner around that area of testing and clearly shows that the number 1 selling point was the better resolution over the competition. unless you can refute it and show that people did not buy it for that reason with a competing survey then don't bother replying.

>At least I"m posting actual fucking numbers

where? i asked for ps3 sales figures 3 posts in a row now and you've failed to provide them and keep going on about profits. i've posted actual sources which can directly refute your claims just like above. try harder.

>Call me when the most powerful console wins a gen in sales without costing less than the weaker console.

the ps3 is said to have won last gen and had the most powerful hardware on paper and also cost way more even after the price drops. the 360 was cheaper throughout the whole of last gen.
>>
>>380882561

It still works. They don't check jack. Though anyone who actually uses a pc and windows would know this.

Easy to spot people like you who don't have either.
>>
>>380882561
>We are not restricting the upgrade offer to specific assistive technologies. If you use assistive technology on Windows, you are eligible for the upgrade offer.
you sure are
>>
>>380881980
>. Most Halofags don't want to buy (or are too stupid to use) a gaming PC, they're going to buy an Xbox and having a minority of PCfags playing with them via crossplay
God i hope not.
It's well known that Mouse + Keyboard >>>> Controller. They will have a big advantage like that.
>>
>>380882669
KBM support is coming for games next year for xbox
>>
>>380882043
>instead of speculating, try watching all the videos before making a comment.
>which videos
>are you really this retarded asking for footage of a console that isn't out for 6 months

So you are really this braindead

>I was talking about that new shadow of war, witcher 3 and destiny 2 which are all getting 4k patches.
All games that run at low-mid settings on the OG Xbone. A 4k patch does nothing but render the same games with the same settings at 4K.

>muh wikipedia

The burden of proof is on you jackass. I didn't make the original claim, stop deflecting and show me these games on XboneX running ON PAR with the PC version at max settings while at 4k/30.
>>
>>380879993
I don't even have a 4k tv so how am I supposed to see any difference between the One S and One X? Microsoft not only had to sell me on the system but also a 4k TV, which that have not. They hyped this thing way more than the PS4 Pro and it costs a lot more, but they failed to sell me on it. They threw out a bunch of numbers that ultimately have no meaning if they can't show it to me in the games.
>>
Native 30fps.
>>
>>380882848
>americans

christ almighty do all of you lack the most basic reading comprehension like this? you've totally lost the plot and are quoting posts from other people now.

>All games that run at low-mid settings on the OG Xbone. A 4k patch does nothing but render the same games with the same settings at 4K.
>destiny 2 isn't even out yet
>shadow of war isn't even out yet

once again: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philosophical_burden_of_proof

MS and all the devs they've talked to have said otherwise so prove your claim in terms of the x1x specifically or just stop replying.

>The burden of proof is on you jackass. I didn't make the original claim

oh really? so this post (>>380877380) with this claim of "A 200 dollar video card can run games as well as the BONEX" and this post asking for proof (>>380877538) doesn't exist now?
>>
>>380879993
compared to what? it was way better than sony's if that was what you're saying. that being said though, i feel sorry for anyone who bought the pro because it's just been made irrelevant unless the only games you play are persona and uncharted.
>>
File: 2015-09-16-image-11.jpg (583KB, 1100x825px) Image search: [Google]
2015-09-16-image-11.jpg
583KB, 1100x825px
>>380878017
>>
>>380883213
the xbox one x features super-sampling which will render the image at 4k then shrink it down to a 1080p size meaning that you get higher fidelity and way way less jaggies and aliasing in the image

so there is a very real case to be made even if you only have a 1080p TV still

also you will get faster load times etc
>>
>>380882587
>, and that survey shows a ball park figure
That survey doesn't show any figures you fucking moron. It's literally just a marketing survey asking people what they care about in consoles, which doesn't mean jack shit compared to actual sales trends of the actual consoles. I'm not going to refute a survey that does not prove that resolution is the real selling point of consoles, especially when the console with better resolution was selling for literally $100 less and was already more popular in territories that the Xbox sold historically poor in.

>i've posted actual sources which can directly refute your claims just like above. try harder.

NO you haven't you retarded piece of shit. You posted a fucking survey which doesn't refute any of my claims.

>and also cost way more even after the price drops. the 360 was cheaper throughout the whole of last gen.

Wrong again you lying fuck. The PS3 only caught up to the 360 in sales after it was equal in price and Xbox was too busy obssessing over kinect to actually put out games people cared about.

No generation in the past 30 years has the most powerful console won in sales. The PS4 is the only exception as it was $100 less and already had massive brand awareness gllobally outside of North America.
>>
>>380873987
>"PC World Struggles to build a PC with same power as 1X under $500"

because their employees are literally chimps
>>
>>380876324
>are too chicken to actually use the hardware and not Microsoft's or the console's fault?
>No the XbonX is great they are just to scared of it's amazing power!
lol
>>
>>380882820
Sure buddy.
The Xbone and PS4 already have KBM support and its disabled in pretty much every game.
And with consolefags citing being able to play on controllers without having to face against KBM users its doubtful they will ever support it outside of one or two games.
>>
>>380875084
most computers can play bluray movies with no bluray player so HA
>>
>>380883418
well said
>>
>>380883948
>comparing a compressed downloaded file to a disc version

you really have no idea how different they look do you? the difference is night and day.

especially with the new UHD blu-ray discs
>>
File: DCaKTBoUMAAywRJ.jpg (65KB, 595x744px) Image search: [Google]
DCaKTBoUMAAywRJ.jpg
65KB, 595x744px
>>380880942
that's cute, especially the nominees

better luck next time
>>
>>380884305
>moving the goal post
Indeed
>>
>>380883830
>i-it's all a lie

yeah i forgot that anything that goes against your narrative is all a lie despite coming from well known statistics and survey corporations. we should get google to remove that picture from image search because it's all fake and some guy wrote it up in paint as a joke.

>Wrong again you lying fuck. The PS3 only caught up to the 360 in sales after it was equal in price

nope. the 360 was always cheaper than the ps3. i don't know what backwards taxridden shithole you live in but the 360 was always cheaper.

have you given up on the "ps3 sold like shit" narrative already?
>>
>>380883418
>muh reading comprehension
>muh nationalism shitposting
>muh samefag

Stop deflecting retard

>once again: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philosophical_burden_of_proof
>MS and all the devs they've talked to have said otherwise

Wheres your proof? You love citing the burden of proof yet you keep dodging your own burden. You have yet to support a single one of your claims with any evidence.

>oh really? so this post (>>380877380) with this claim of "A 200 dollar video card can run games as well as the BONEX"

And you're attacking MY reading comprehension? It literally says "as well as the BONEX" meaning at 4k or pseudo 4k at reduced settings. Settings which commonly found in console versions outside the resolution.

Where is the proof that BONEX runs games at max settings? I'm still waiting for proof.
>>
>>380884487
No that is showing that when you look at how awards are given out forza got a lot of participation trophies
>>
>>380884506
>Where is the proof that BONEX runs games at max settings?
When it release in 5 month you will know if it is or not.
>>
>>380884171
yo this post is going on /r/cringe dude XD
>>
>buy $500 xbox
>forced to by $60 games
>forced to play only games released for xbox

>build $700 PC
>pirate most of your games for free
>can play an endless library of games that have been released for PC for the past 30 years

Top lol
>>
>Dynamic 4K*
>30fps
>Medium textures labelled as ultra

Where were you when Xbox won?
>>
File: xbox_92.jpg (2MB, 3193x2137px) Image search: [Google]
xbox_92.jpg
2MB, 3193x2137px
>>380874328
hopefully xbox one x will native emulation that wont require approved patches to play og xbox games.
>>
>>380884506
>Wheres your proof? You love citing the burden of proof yet you keep dodging your own burden. You have yet to support a single one of your claims with any evidence.

and you have? oh the irony. here's one anyway. don't worry i'm already prepared for you to say this doesn't count.

https://mspoweruser.com/xbox-one-x-already-showing-power-advantage-playstation-4-pro-ark-survival-evolved/

>you're attacking MY reading comprehension? It literally says "as well as the BONEX" meaning at 4k or pseudo 4k at reduced settings.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philosophical_burden_of_proof

>Where is the proof that BONEX runs games at max settings?

quote where i said "xbox one x will run games at max settings". i'll wait.

still waiting for that proof of destiny 2 running a low settings
still waiting for that proof of shadow of war running at low settings
still waiting for that proof that jermgaming's 1060 videos are in fact all wrong
still waiting for that proof of "A 4k patch does nothing but render the same games with the same settings at 4K."
still waiting for that proof of "most games" are being upscaled or similar
>>
>>380885219
the issue is that they need to get approval from the licence holder to be able to rerelease a download of any game on a new console

otherwise it doesnt work
>>
>>380873987
Never buy consoles day 1, but I'll probably get it.
>>
File: gamestop-black-friday-sale.jpg (86KB, 680x383px) Image search: [Google]
gamestop-black-friday-sale.jpg
86KB, 680x383px
>>380884491
>t-t-the image!

You haven't posted ANY statistics you shitsucking mong. AGAIN, we know for a FACT that PS3 lost them about $4 billion dollars. PS4 is not profitable unless you pretend those losses all magically disappeared. You can't spend $4b, make a tiny fraction of that back and say you won the console gen when a weak POS like the Wii outsells you almost 2:1. That's not how it works.

>yeah i forgot that anything that goes against your narrative is all a lie

What narrative? That sales statistics and trends matter more than survey questions? That the weaker console with weaker specs always sells more unless it costs $100 more and is massively unpopular outside of North America?

>the 360 was always cheaper than the ps3. i don't know what backwards taxridden shithole you live in but the 360 was always cheaper.

Pic fucking related

>have you given up on the "ps3 sold like shit" narrative already?

It sold objectively like shit, this isn't even a debate. You're the one spewing a fallacious "resolution matters more" narrative.
>>
>>380884941
Consoles always sound really impressive in the marketing material before launch with claims about how much more powerful they are than PCs of the same price.

Then time passes, new hardware gets released and the console comes out. Then it turns out that the console is still generations behind, and only really gets a low price because its hardware has greater integration and low level optimization.

Except this time when the XboneX launches with its Jaguar/2nd gen GCN SOC supporting D3D12 launches PCs will be waiting for it wiith Ryzen/Vega 5th gen GCN SOC supporting the latest Vulkan.
>>
>>380885062
>forced to by $60 games
Wrong. 20% off preorders and physical allows you to buy used games
>forced to play only games released for xbox
Plus some OG Xbox and Xbox 360 titles from a growing selection
>pirate most of your games for free
Sorry champ, I actually like supporting the industry.
>can play an endless library of games that have been released for PC for the past 30 years
PC's best games are over a decade old. You don't need a gayman PC to enjoy them.

Sorry PCfat, your time is up
>>
>>380880462
>New hardware
>Nintendo had more positive mentions
>Twitter is full of Xfags

Redmond, please
>>
I have ~$350 Microsoft bucks and I'm gonna trade in my Xbone S, and I have a 4k tv ready to go. definitely day one purchase
>>
File: E3-2017-Twitch-Viewers-Graph.gif (10KB, 800x261px) Image search: [Google]
E3-2017-Twitch-Viewers-Graph.gif
10KB, 800x261px
>>380885763
Did you check this one?
1) Microsoft/Xbox — 1.1 million viewers (818k in 2016)
2) Ubisoft — 986k viewers (759k in 2016)
3) Sony/PlayStation — 962k viewers (757k in 2016)
4) EA — 676k viewers (910k in 2016)
5) PC Gaming Show — 552k viewers (488k in 2016)
6) Nintendo — 292k viewers (422k in 2016)
7) Bethesda — 233k viewers (610k in 2016)
I need more of your bullshit excuse. This also doesn't include Mixer which the xbone platform for livestreaming.
>>
>>380884941
Ok so why make claims about it now? What's the point in saying you can't build a PC with the same power as the 1X under $500 when it isn't even out yet?

>>380885243
>and you have? oh the irony.
I'm not the one making claims that the BoneX can do 4k30 at PC settings. Look up what irony means.

>Ark Survival Evoled

Wow a piece of shit early access game, good job.

>Https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philosophical_burden_of_proof

Shove your wikpiedia link up your ass. You have the burden of proof here.

still waiting for that proof of destiny 2 running at PC settings
still waiting for that proof of shadow of war running at PC settings
still waiting for that proof that jermgaming's 1060 videos are in fact all wrong
still waiting for that proof of "most games" are being rendered in native 4k/30 without compromise.
>>
>>380873987
I have a bad feeling about this much power in such a small machine + the vapor cooling. Feels like a recipe for RRoD2.0 disaster.
But I'm going to buy it day one anyway
>>
>>380885574
>You haven't posted ANY statistics you shitsucking mong.

read the thread

>What narrative? That sales statistics and trends matter more than survey questions?

still haven't provided a single sales figure to back up your claims. but muh profit margin figures amirite?

>Pic fucking related

woahh, a black friday sale! yeah i forgot an event which occurs once a year is representative of annual pricing. fyi i picked up a ps4 pro on black friday for 199 off amazon despite it costing around 300 in general pricing round here.

>It sold objectively like shit, this isn't even a debate.

yeah i forgot that it beat the 360 in sales but this translates to selling shit shit. my bad. ps3 was a shit console anyway.

>You're the one spewing a fallacious "resolution matters more" narrative.

you've still got to refute this. do you have a counter survey proving that nobody cares about resolution as opposed to the survey i provided which clearly shows that the biggest factor was resolution?
>>
>>380885730
>20% off preorders and physical
Only when you buy into a $30/year (or $100/year for Amazon) membership service. On PC you get those discounts for free off of keysites.

>I actually like supporting the industry.

Lmao

>PC's best games are over a decade old. You don't need a gayman PC to enjoy them. Sorry PCfat, your time is up
>Plus some OG Xbox and Xbox 360 titles from a growing selection

TOP KEK
>>
>>380873987
>Struggles
No shit. Microsoft is losing money on the bone x.
>>
>>380886319
>Ok so why make claims about it now?
I'm not the same anon and i don't know about what you're talking about.

>What's the point in saying you can't build a PC with the same power as the 1X under $500 when it isn't even out yet?

Because we haves specs and there is people who knows about it www.pcworld.com/article/3200767/gaming/xbox-one-x-pc-build.html
You are also not including others country like for example, in europe you need at around 900-1000 euro to build a good PC etc
>>
>>380886336
>this much power

>still Jaguar CPU cores
>still GCN 1.1 integrated graphics

Don't worry, its powerful for an SOC by 2016 standards, but its not a powerful system by any current normal measure.
>>
>>380886336
360 era MS engineers =/= One S and One X era MS engineers

the current hardware engineers MS has are some of the best in the industry

they got the team that designed the new surface tablets to design the One S and One X

shit is fucking magical build quality
>>
>>380886601
no they are actually selling at no loss and no profit

theyre not making or losing any money on it
>>
>>380886251
>Barely 200,000 more viewers than Ubisoft or Sony despite new hardware and hyping up shit that underdelivered
>Implying anyone uses Mixer

What a fucking disaster, Xfag. Better hope 4K* 30fps doesn't become widely known.
>>
>>380886319
>I'm not the one making claims that the BoneX can do 4k30 at PC settings. Look up what irony means.

and i made the claim? show me please.

>Wow a piece of shit early access game, good job.
>early access 3rd party unoptimized game can still take advantage of the extra power and double the frame rate

you sound mad

>still waiting for that proof of destiny 2 running at PC settings
>still waiting for that proof of shadow of war running at PC settings
>still waiting for that proof of "most games" are being rendered in native 4k/30 without compromise.

show me where i said any of this. i'll wait. in the meantime:

still waiting for that proof of "A 4k patch does nothing but render the same games with the same settings at 4K."
>>
>>380886606
>xbox one x
>499 EUR

>rx 580 8gb
>350/400 EUR

Just fuck my shit up familia
>>
>>380873987
I'm considering it, and to be quite honest I've never bought a xbox console before. I certainly wont buy it day 1, or even year 1, because I want more exclusives to come out for it that are worth it. It's already got some stuff I want but a few of them are multiplats and I cant justify multiplats for a new console at $500.
>>
>>380886461
>read the thread
Fuck off retard. You posted an image of survey answers and thats it.

>still haven't provided a single sales figure to back up your claims.

Yes I did, read the thread.

>b-b-but that's just black friday!

If you weren't comlpetely fucking retarded you might have picked up on the fact that the $249 360 had an even bigger discount than the $199 PS3. I'm not going to keep scouring google to disprove your unproven claim that the PS3 was always massively more expensive than the 360 when it clearly fucking wasn't.

>yeah i forgot that it beat the 360 in sales

It MATCHED the 360 in sales, only after severe price reductions and 3 years of the 360 having no games other than Kinect shit. Not to mention nobody gave a shit about the Xbox in Europe or Japan . And neither of them won the gen in sales, it was the fucking Wii which didn't even output HD resolutions.

>resolution matters more
>you've still got to refute this

No, you still have to fucking prove it. A survey does not refute historcial sales data and the trend of weaker consoles with worse res selling more.

> the survey i provided which clearly shows that the biggest factor was resolution?

Your survey does not prove that resolution maters more than costing $100 less and having a more popular brand. Your narrative is fucking false, deal with it.
>>
>>380873987
OH YEAH!
>>
>>380886520
>lmao top kek
Not an argument
>$30/year
Literally pays for itself after buying 3 games
>>
>>380887472
>Yes I did, read the thread.
quote where this post is that shows the ps3 sold badly with sales figures (i.e 10m, 15m, 20m etc)

>If you weren't comlpetely fucking retarded you might have picked up on the fact that the $249 360 had an even bigger discount than the $199 PS3. I'm not going to keep scouring google to disprove your unproven claim that the PS3 was always massively more expensive than the 360 when it clearly fucking wasn't.
wow nice damage control. i'd recommend you keep searching google. you're not convincing anyone.

>No, you still have to fucking prove it.
and you have to prove this survey is all a lie and fake and people really don't care about resolution being despite them actually saying so.

>Your survey does not prove that resolution maters more than costing $100 less and having a more popular brand. Your narrative is fucking false, deal with it.
see above. you're clutching at straws here. i'm still waiting for you to disprove that survey with anything similar to show that brand or cost played a bigger part than what those people voted as their top selling points.
>>
if you can guarantee that it can
1. Play 4k 60fps
Or
2. Play 95% of all games at 60fps or higher on high settings consistently

I'll buy it.
>>
>>380886606
>I'm not the same anon
Did I say you were?
>and i don't know about what you're talking about.
Maybe try reading the OP then.

>there is people who knows about it www.pcworld.com/article/3200767/gaming/xbox-one-x-pc-build.html
So you do know what I'm talking about then. So why lie?

>You are also not including others country like for example, in europe you need at around 900-1000 euro to build a good PC etc
And you're forgetting that the new Xbox costs more than $500 in those same countries, rendering your entire point moot.

>>380886919
>and i made the claim?

You are arguing in favor of it so it's fair to say yes.

>you sound mad

You sound like you've run out of arguments.
An early access game that is still in development and looks like shit is hardly an argument for why serious AAA devs are going to take advantage of extra power and double the framerate in every other game.

still waiting for that proof of "most games" are being rendered in native 4k/30 without compromise.
>>
>>380886885
>>Implying anyone uses Mixer
I just checked. 1 million people used it.
>>
File: 7613.png (34KB, 279x310px) Image search: [Google]
7613.png
34KB, 279x310px
>>380887779
holy shit
>>
>>380886885
>>380888260
https://twitter.com/WatchMixer/status/874273617256652800
>>
1. Play 4k 60fps
Or

I'll buy it.
>>
>>380888301
Xbox is back, baby!
>>
>>380873987
How the fuck does the PC have trouble making a 4k 60fps build within 500 but somehow Microsoft figured it out? I smell bullshit
>>
1. Play 4k 60fps
Or

I'll buy it.
>>
>>380888247
>You are arguing in favor of it so it's fair to say yes.

are you retarded? show me anywhere in any of my posts where i even hinted at the xbox running at max pc settings.

>You sound like you've run out of arguments.

says the one who can't follow the simple burden of proof.

>An early access game that is still in development and looks like shit is hardly an argument for why serious AAA devs are going to take advantage of extra power and double the framerate in every other game.

so you're saying a team with a smaller budget and less resources are going to provide a better version of a game than a big dev team making a big budget AAA game? jesus.

>>
>>380873987
Isn't Microsoft selling the XOneX at loss?
>>
>>380874803
I remember that thread and anon's list was shit
posted this edit in the old thread too

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/x6gNwV
>>
>>380888007
>quote where this post is that shows the ps3 sold badly with sales figures (i.e 10m, 15m, 20m etc)
Again read the thread. I already posted links with numerical figures that shows the PS3 sold badly and cost Sony billlions of dollars on its own.

>wow nice damage control. i'd recommend you keep searching google. you're not convincing anyone.

I posted hard evidence that the PS3 was selling for the same if not less than the 360 was at one point, and all you can do is spout damage control and deflect by calling it black friday. Despite the fact that the 360's discount is even bigger than the PS3's. You haven't posted a single shred of evidence that the 360 always sold for less than the PS3 even after price cuts.

You're not convincing anyone.

>and you have to prove this survey is all a lie and fake
Actaully I never made that claim, you have to prove that this survey is more representative of why the masses choose certain consoles for resolution despite all the sales data that shows otherwise.

>see above. you're clutching at straws here.

You're clutching at a single survey as the basis for your entire argument even to the point where it matters more than actual sales. I'm still waiting for you to address the fact that only one console with better resolution sold more, while costing less and having much more brand awareness than its competition.
>>
>>380873987

All this power and you can't do anything with it. At least on high end pcs people can jerk off to benchmarks, while this shit doesn't even have that.

tldr

N O
O

G A M E S
A
M
E
S
>>
1. Play 4k 60fps
Or

I'll buy it.
>>
I'm gonna get one on black Friday along with a 4k tv.
Hopefully by then everyone would have a chance to see if it works properly with no issues.
>>
File: 1418206981844.jpg (472KB, 2378x800px) Image search: [Google]
1418206981844.jpg
472KB, 2378x800px
>>380874650

Oh look, it's returned!
>>
>>380874910
Raiden V sure is feeling lonely...
>>
>>380889112

That's still more than $500, no mouse or keyboard, and it also doesn't add the cost of shipping

An XB1X you can literally buy it for $500 on the dot, free shipping and no taxes.
>>
File: 1485863760812.gif (2MB, 124x284px) Image search: [Google]
1485863760812.gif
2MB, 124x284px
>>380874803
>ddr3
>doesn't come with a 60$ controller

Try again.
>>
>>380889370
>no mouse or keyboard, and it also doesn't add the cost of shipping
look at the list a little bit closer there anon
>>
I wish consoles would have simple graphics options. Would love to play shit that's supposed to be 4k at 1080, but run at 60 fps.
>>
>>380873987

And yet, all this power is being used to do a retarded upscaled resolution while games are still playing at 1080p. You need a 4k tv if you want to take full advantage of this POS, while a pc for the same price would be doing the actual smart thing aka 1080p 60fps and guess what, you don't need to sell your ass so you can afford some meme tv. And the best thing about it is that pc can play all of its games while still having an actual library for itself.

Also,
>blu ray player

Please.
Fucking PLEASE.
Help me help you.
>>
>>380889128
>Again read the thread. I already posted links with numerical figures that shows the PS3 sold badly and cost Sony billlions of dollars on its own.
and i've asked 3 times for you to show me. you've failed 3 times. try again.

>I posted hard evidence that the PS3 was selling for the same if not less than the 360 was at one point, and all you can do is spout damage control and deflect by calling it black friday. Despite the fact that the 360's discount is even bigger than the PS3's. You haven't posted a single shred of evidence that the 360 always sold for less than the PS3 even after price cuts.
nope. once you provide the evidence required which i initially asked for, being that the ps3 wasn't more expensive throughout the whole gen i'll give you my side.

>Actaully I never made that claim, you have to prove that this survey is more representative of why the masses choose certain consoles for resolution despite all the sales data that shows otherwise.
once again prove that this survey is inaccurate with something that shows that resolution wasn't the biggest selling point e.g. another survey.

>You're clutching at a single survey as the basis for your entire argument even to the point where it matters more than actual sales. I'm still waiting for you to address the fact that only one console with better resolution sold more, while costing less and having much more brand awareness than its competition.
see above. you're spouting all this stuff yet can't simply prove a simple survey wrong, which apparently is so easy because of a wealth of evidence you allegedly know of.
>>
>>380889528
the shitty jaguar cpu can't handle the draw calls for 60 fps, so lowering the resolution won't help with framerate because of cpu bottleneck.

They should have just made it a brand new console vs making it an upgraded Xbone, then they could've used zen cores, which can handle 60 fps draw calls.
>>
>>380876324

Because this shit has a celeron tier CPU and bungie themselves have already stated that CPU is too shit to run destiny at 60 fps.
>>
>>380876148
Don't forget how you have to pay 60 bucks a year so you can enjoy the wonders of p2p gaming lol

Consoles are a fucking joke.
>>
>>380888853
>are you retarded? show me anywhere in any of my posts where i even hinted at the xbox running at max pc settings.

So you're just going to pretend you never made any posts arguing against anons who rightfully pointed out that 4k30 games on the xbox are running at reduced settings. Are you retarded?

>says the one who can't follow the simple burden of proof.

That's you actually. You failed to meet your burden of proof outside of posting an early access game

>so you're saying a team with a smaller budget and less resources are going to provide a better version of a game than a big dev team making a big budget AAA game?

You mean like Destiny 2? Which can't double the performance or the framerate compared to the Pro?

When the team with the smaller budget is making an early access game thats perpetually in development and has buttugly assets and looks like shit on ALL platforms, then yes. What makes you think a big dev team making a AAA game is going to waste resources optimizing for a niche console? Chirst.

still waiting for that proof of "A 4k patch doesn't render the same games with the same settings at 4K."
>>
>>380889465

You still don't count the shipping costs from OutletPC store.

The shitty $40 case/PSU is a ticking timebomb.
>>
>>380888929
no
>>380880062
>>
To be honest, I'd rather have 60 fps on 1080p than 30 on 4k
>>

lol, 500$? as if microsoft doesn't make a loss on their hardware. I'd say its close to 600. Then also include the fact that microsoft gets discounts for ordering millions of parts, you'd probably get a fair budget at 650$ for a gaming PC that's as strong or stronger.

don't get shilled by consolecucks, people.
>>
>>380889641
>sell your ass so you can afford some meme tv
Let's be real here. If you're out looking for a new TV to buy, 4K is your best choice. Buying a silly 1080p tv nowadays is a bigger waste money since it's going to fall behind within a few years. There's no need to upgrade yet if yours works, but if your tv is kill and you need a new one, 4K is the way to go.
>retarded upscaled resolution
A lot of games run native. Not all, unfortunately, but it's still a good amount.
>blu ray player
This is important, but not for movies.
Physical games > digital any day of the week, familia
>>
>>380888929
No.
>>
File: 1497663754173.png (533KB, 459x612px) Image search: [Google]
1497663754173.png
533KB, 459x612px
>>380889759
>every gen the best selling console has the worst resolution (Wii, PS2, DS)
>the PS4 cost $100 less and had the most brand awareness in Europe/Asia/pretty much everywhere outside of NA
>PS4 Pro flops compared to the Slim PS4 and even the Xbox One S despite having the best resolution up until now

And yet you think people care about resolution most over price, brand and popular games all because of a fucking survey image. And all you can say is "PROVE ITS WRONG" without ever providing any evidence that the survey is accurate and matters more than sales. You're beyond retarded.
>>
>>380890135
>Let's be real here. If you're out looking for a new TV to buy, 4K is your best choice.

And I agree, but you have to consider that people have perfectly functional 1080p TVs right now, so it's not about buying one because you already have one and possibly one or more 1080p monitor as well. 4k content outside of consoles is scarce as fuck. It's still a niche enthusiast thing that is only now starting to branch out. The consoles are certainly pushing these TVs a lot but it's still not there.

>A lot of games run native. Not all, unfortunately, but it's still a good amount.

They are still doing it wrong. 60 fps would be a much better thing and is something that every single consumer would be able to enjoy regardless of their crappy 1080p tv. Downsampling, specially for people who play on TVs far away from them sitting on their couch is downright negligible.
>>
>>380889941
>So you're just going to pretend you never made any posts arguing against anons who rightfully pointed out that 4k30 games on the xbox are running at reduced settings. Are you retarded?

are you? how can you have a memory this bad? i made a post about a $230 gpu barely matching a ps4 pro in most games and that it was required to drop the res to achieve 30 fps at these higher resolutions. i followed on with that stating that on paper the xbox is supposed to be 40% more powerful. how you managed to translate this to me saying every game running 4k30/60 on xbox is beyond me. it's a simple observation.

>That's you actually. You failed to meet your burden of proof outside of posting an early access game

really? see:

>You mean like Destiny 2? Which can't double the performance or the framerate compared to the Pro?

if i have to explain console parity between base and refresh consoles in a competitive multiplayer game then you really need to research your shit before making retarded statements like this.

>When the team with the smaller budget is making an early access game thats perpetually in development and has buttugly assets and looks like shit on ALL platforms, then yes

why are you making subjective statements? nothing you've just said has proved that a bigger dev team with bigger budgets and a wider target audience won't optimize for the x1x, despite every game from now on having confirmed pro and x1x support.
>>
>>380889112
>8gb ram when the 1X is 12gb
>2 core cpu when the 1X is 8
The point is to match the hardware core for core ram for ram and better at the same cost
>>
>>380886834
>Xbox one x selling at a loss even with that price tag
https://www.vg247.com/2017/06/15/xbox-one-x-selling-at-a-loss-even-with-that-500-price-tag/
>>
>>380876562
Yeah , I can see it know E3 2018
>>
>>380890567
it's the more powerful console and the public vote of resolution being their no.1 factor correlates with the sales. prove it wrong :^)
>>
>>380890797
>12 GB of shared cpu and gpu ram
in that aspect, that pc would have 14GB of ram (adding dram and vram)
>2 core cpu with the 1x is 8
"i don't understand what IPC and clockspeed is"
The G4560 blows the fuck out of any Jaguar based cpu
>>
File: E32018.jpg (36KB, 646x317px) Image search: [Google]
E32018.jpg
36KB, 646x317px
>>380890918
>>
>>380890797
>Believing xXboXx notebook CPU cores can be compared with desktop CPU cores

You must be a special kind of subhuman.
>>
Can I buy original Xbox and Xbox 360 games on the marketplace? There are tons of Xbox games I'd like to play but some of them might be hard to find.
>>
If there's no source saying that Microsoft does not sell the XboneX at a loss, there's no point to discuss further.
>>
File: 1394294790231.jpg (89KB, 463x702px) Image search: [Google]
1394294790231.jpg
89KB, 463x702px
>>380890921
Prove yourself right.
>>
>>380891198
>>380891031
>Not reading what's being stated
>>
>>380891374
prove it wrong :^)
>>
>>380891321
As they become available, yes you can get them from the marketplace.
The only confirmed og Xbox games are Crimson Skies and Fuzion Frenzy.
For a full list of 360 games currently compatible, see
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/backward-compatibility#
>>
>>380891378
"it doesn't have 8 cores like the 1x, so it must be worse"
you're an idiot, matching core for core is literally retarded and extremely inefficient especially considering we're shooting for 4k 30fps and not 1080 60fps which the g4560 can do, but the 1x can't
>>
File: 1497191493629.jpg (203KB, 474x444px) Image search: [Google]
1497191493629.jpg
203KB, 474x444px
>>380891684
>Crimson Skies

Awww shit. Now will it have online?
>>
File: Rihanna luvs being choked.jpg (77KB, 634x474px) Image search: [Google]
Rihanna luvs being choked.jpg
77KB, 634x474px
>>380876818
>Yes, both Anthem and AssCreed:Egypt are confirmed to NOT render at 4K

Is either game out to even do real testing on final game? Is Anthem even in Beta?
>n n N No, b b b but....
>>
The problem is that most people still have functional 1080p tvs and when Microsoft or Sony do their 4K sales pitches, and the stream itself where these occur it is not on 4K nor the screens where we are watching them. So we couldn't appreciate the nuance of muh pixels that these companies boast so much about.
>>
>>380875084
Why don't you add about $650 000 to the xbone's value for all the games, music, movies and software you can pirate on PC?
>>
>>380884171
"i don't know what an .mkv file is"
faggot
>>
>>380892064
back in the 7th gen when the 360 and ps3 came out most people were still rocking those fat tv's but they aged pretty well due to their support for higher resolutions and upscaling techniques to 720p/1080p. i'm just guessing that these consoles will fare the same.
>>
>>380879993
Xbox was hands down the best show and I don't even have a console or Win10. Not showing Halo or Gears is a strong point for them, they don't need to show that every single show. The XB1X isn't meant to be for everyone, it's meant for people that want it. The PS4 Pro while an overpriced piece of shit is still selling better than they expected and I expect the XB1X to do the same. It seemed like there would be options for performance or quality if the person wanted, but that's still in the future. I would be surprised if that wasn't an option.

Spiderman was fucking terrible. Anthem was genuinely impressive and something truly deserving of E3. The main things holding it back though will be how much it's downscaled for console release and that it looks like plain old Mass Effect combat after the jetpack. I probably won't play it anyway since I'd need to install Origin, but MS had a strong showing with its games and getting the DBFZ trailer.

All the biggest games are multiplatform anyway of console+pc. Console exclusives are slowly going out of fashion and what's left is dumb zombie shit and cutscene/story shit for console gamers.
>>
>>380892064
They know that's what the slim version is for.
>>
>>380890745
>i made a post about a $230 gpu barely matching a ps4 pro in most games.

Which is wrong, because it actually exceeds the pro. A PC with a $230 GPU can run Hitman at 4k and the same settings and framerate that the PS4 Pro does but only at 1440p.

>i followed on with that stating that on paper the xbox is supposed to be 40% more powerful. how you managed to translate this to me saying every game running 4k30/60 on xbox is beyond me

Because when anon pointed out that the PC with the matching GPU couldn't hit 4k30 because of settings, you argued against it. The implication is obvious.

>console parity

More like damage control. The moment you use console parity as an argument for why AAA devs aren't doubling framerates on the Xbox you've conceded the argument.

>why are you making subjective statements?

How is saying ARK has low end assets a subjective statement? It's not a game with high end graphics.

>nothing you've just said has proved that a bigger dev team with bigger budgets and a wider target audience won't optimize for the x1x,

The fact that they're targeting a wider audience is why they won't waste resources optimizing for an expensive, niche console.

>despite every game from now on having confirmed pro and x1x support.
Doesn't mean shit as we've already seen with the pro. Most games with Pro support simply upscale the resolution and a few games flat out have no Pro enhancements despite initially releasing after the Pro launched. I'm not including localisations either. Why would devs support a niche version of a console that's even more expensive and less popular than the Pro?

So we can safely conclude that you are in fact retarded and don't know what you're talking about and just want to shitpost.
>>
>>380892365
>The PS4 Pro while an overpriced piece of shit is still selling better than they expected
thats because it has games
>>
>>380891807
>"it doesn't have 8 cores like the 1x, so it must be worse"
Ya, nah no one said that, nice try though sweetheart :)
>>
>>380891657
Prove yourself right
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philosophical_burden_of_proof
>>
>>380892514
Also they must have expected it not to sell at all because its not selling anywhere near as well as the Xbone S or PS4 Slim
>>
MS should do 450 version without the controller
>>
>>380892813
>selling a console without any controller

good luck with that
>>
>>380873987
yeah, the 1x will be economic for a few months before pc part price drops catch up and it joins every other console from the last 10 years. its possible that they'll even already have caught up by the time it comes out.
>>
>>380892543

>>380890797
>The point is to match the hardware core for core ram for ram and better at the same cost
>>380891807
>matching core for core is literally retarded and extremely inefficient especially considering we're shooting for 4k 30fps and not 1080 60fps

I already addressed what you fucking said. Who cares about core count when all that matters is performance? Pull your head out of your ass and stop being such a massive faggot
>>
>>380874791
they still inflate the price with unnecessary parts
>>
>>380887828
Thats assuming you ever had an argument to begin with.
>Literally pays for itself after buying 3 games
As opposed to just getting the discounts straight away without having to buy 3 games to break even
>>
>>380893070
were already ahead though, even in price
>>
>>380892813
>MS should do 450 version without the controller
Don't preorder and you will have it with a controler for that price un less they bundle a game with it. They do that everytime.
>>
>>380893105
>Getting THIS mad for STILL not comprehending the point that was made
It's okay anon, we all get frustrated here and ther
>>
File: e5c.jpg (57KB, 750x500px) Image search: [Google]
e5c.jpg
57KB, 750x500px
>>380893597
Not an argument.
>>
File: 40db.png (163KB, 617x487px) Image search: [Google]
40db.png
163KB, 617x487px
>>380892465
>Which is wrong, because it actually exceeds the pro. A PC with a $230 GPU can run Hitman at 4k and the same settings and framerate that the PS4 Pro does but only at 1440p.

that still doesn't cover "most games" which jermgaming's videos prove.

>Because when anon pointed out that the PC....

me arguing against a $200 gpu not being able to hit 4k30 means i think the xbox will run at 4k60? are you mentally deficient?

>More like damage control. The moment you use console parity....

you think i'm saying this? DF own analysis has come to this conclusion. if you're seriously retarded enough to think that devs will create an unfair multiplayer experience between base hardware and upgraded hardware you should probably inhale cyanide. DF are lying though amirite?

>How is saying ARK has low end assets a subjective statement? It's not a game with high end graphics.

you made the claim that it was a game which looks bad and thus leading to the implication that it's not an intensive game despite all other evidence showing that it's one of the hardest games to run on pc right now and the devs have already said its using epic settings on xbox one at 60 fps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CD4aEWa-FwU

>The fact that they're targeting a wider audience is why they won't waste resources optimizing for an expensive, niche console.

targeting a wider audience means they'll release it on less platforms? are you even reading what you type?

>Why would devs support a niche version of a console that's even more expensive and less popular than the Pro?

that's for you to prove based on the release of the x1x. as of right now there are like 30 games being given x1x upgrades and also the pro (e.g. witcher 3). this leads to the simple idea that these consoles are very much in the developers plans (source: windows central)

So we can safely conclude that you are in fact retarded and don't know what you're talking about and just want to shitpost.
>>
>>380893597
>still not comprehending how much of a retarded faggot you are
If your point is so god damn relevant, than explain to me how core count matters while performance is also still factored in. All that matters is the end result.
>>
>>380875802
Not an argument
>>
>>380894192
>If your point is so god damn relevant, than explain to me how core count matters while performance is also still factored in.
Because people (mostly console only people) will lookat your pcpartpicker list and go "wow 540$ for a 2 core PC when my brand new Xbox One X from my favorite company Microsoft has 8!!!!!!" I'm not denying or arguing the G4560 can't do the job. I'm saying normies won't have the knowledge like we do that even a 2/4 cpu can outperform the x1x, which is why the original pcpartpicker HAS the 8 core amd cpu
>>
>>380891152
Oh shit!
>>
>>380894316
That is a valid argument. There just isn't that many UHD media to warrant such a feature
>>
File: 1475290082656.jpg (40KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
1475290082656.jpg
40KB, 657x527px
>>380875750
Yes it will be checkerboarding for most games since its still a fucking 500 dollar budget pc.

Native4k will happen for games that are easy to run like racing games or most first party only titles. However they promised 4k 60fps for all first party titles but crackdown is 30fps so who knows.

I dont even understand how crackdown can be 30fps the game visually looks like an xbox360 game.
>>
>>380873987
I'll trade in my One for it day one. I'm going to be really disappointed though if Halo 5 isn't upgraded to 4k eventually tho. Spencer's little teaser in an interview tho gives me hope.
>>
>>380895335
Halo 5 cant even run at 720p on an xboxone without dyanmic resolution. What makes you think this machine can hit 4k60
Thread posts: 249
Thread images: 35

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.