[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Prove me wrong without resorting to >lol shit bait thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 11

File: IMG_1875.jpg (226KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1875.jpg
226KB, 1280x720px
Prove me wrong without resorting to
>lol shit bait thread
This game was fun at the start, but the more I progressed, the more I realized there wasn't nearly as much to discover as it first seemed. The only real "reward" for exploring is another fucking shrine, and quests are just one off fetch quests that reward you with pointless shit like diamonds. The lack of enemy variation became even more obvious as the game progressed, and the inability to explore underground/underwater/inside areas like the interior of Death Mountain really put a damper on my enjoyment by the end. It's certainly a good game, but it has numerous flaws that make it tiresome by the end.
>>
I dropped it after two mainline temples and unlocking all towers. Felt like I saw everything the game had to offer and the formula became stale. Not surprised that simpler minds are able to enjoy this for much longer though, it's heavily influenced by Ubicollectoshit after all.
>>
I quit after the first "dungeon." I was disgusted by what the franchise had become. I was willing to deal with the Ubitowers and generally vacant world if the dungeons would have been exceptional, but instead what I got was hardly a dungeon at all. I literally couldn't believe how praised the game was after that point.
>>
>>380864978
>>380864819
Is this samefagging? I want to say this is samefagging.
>>
>>380864616
you're dead on anon
I had fun with it, but I've always loved all of the things that 3D Zelda games had secret, like the caves in Twilight Princess that were filled with lava and you had to use Iron Boots to get through
I was hoping for shit like that to surprise me, but it was all just Shrines
I had a lot of fun with the game and I'm excited for Trial of the Sword, but I think if I went to the divine beasts straight away, I'd have been pissed off
I only did those after 100 hours of playing and was a little happy that I didn't do it earlier, because I was disappointed
the rest of the hours I played made up for it though
I also like how some of the Korok Seeds are kinda clever, but it's like 10 of them max
with the other 800 and something being under rocks or the other crap
>>
i honestly didn't get to start to get bored until like 80 hours in, and i ended up playing 140 hours because i still found interesting stuff after that. I think if a game can hold your attention that long it was a huge success.
>>
>>380865174
6 post 6 replies, anon.
>>
>>380864819
>tfw to intelligent for botw
>>
>>380865429
>resetting your ip
>>
>>380864616
Sorry anon, I there's no way to disprove the truth.

BotW is like a fucking tech demo. It gives you a great idea of what it could do, but it doesn't do anything with it.
>>
>>380864616
>This game was fun at the start, but the more I progressed, the more I realized there wasn't nearly as much to discover as it first seemed.

What the fuck is this kind of logic? It applies to pretty much every game in existence.
>>
>>380864616
Naw, I agree in a lot of ways.
Game was boring, even in some ways worse than a Far Cry game since it had very little fleshed out "main showcases"; it was just heavily diluted content that was just light eye candy, but offered no gameplay depth or worthwhile content.

It doesnt help that the combat is boring and the enemies are completely braindead (including bosses).

There's really nothing to the game beyond the cool "wow i can do that" physics that lasts for the first couple of hours, and quickly becomes something you never really want to use because its easier to just hit something. The game is super flawed, even on the technical front, its a shame so much fanboyism surrounds the series.
>>
File: ps_messages_20170520_xpuxb.jpg (410KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ps_messages_20170520_xpuxb.jpg
410KB, 1920x1080px
OP is obviously a patrician with flawless comprehension of the true open world masterclass that is Horizon Zero Dawn.
>>
>>380864616
even without traditions dungeons this is the most fun I even had with a zelda game since OOT
>>
Agreed.

Once you get off the plateau, the game turns into a boring RPG. No new interesting toys to play around with. Just run around and get bigger numbers until you get bored and decide to fight Ganon.
>>
>>380864616
When i picked up this game, i thought it would be like fuflilling my lifelong dream of exploring hyrule in wind waker. Up until about halfway through, it almost felt like that. I was willing to excuse the shit dungeons if there were lots of cool secrets like I thought. But it was the same thing over and over again, no variety in dungeons, enemies, or the world itself. Because of that, I honestly don't even consider this a true zelda game. Literally every zelda game has at least some good secrets, like a game or mini dungeon in addition to a concrete theme. I get that they wanted to take zelda back to its roots, but this feels just as barren as the original too.
>>
>>380865986
Ah yes, expected the Sony fanboy misdirection.
>>
>>380865986

This is kino.
>>
>>380864616
No, you're right.
I love the game, but it was definitely lacking and that's one of the areas it's lacking.
>>
>>380864616
A big issue was how the game is so non-lineal. You get the bulk of your tablet functionalities at the very beginning, and you don't get anything significant other than the Birdman powerup later on, so other than that the game doesn't really have a sense of progression and your gameplay doesn't really evolve throughout the game. You'll be playing largely the same at the start and at the end

The silver Lynels also suck ass being so easy to dodge yet extremely tanky, making you break a decent amount of weapons to kill them
>>
Breath of the wild is a great game to just jump into, and a terrible game to 100%

I'm glad I learned early on there were 900 korrok seeds, and I probably wouldn't need more than 200.
>>
>>380864616
The first 5 or 6 hours I was completely blown away and excited about everything in this game, it felt like it had so much to offer.

However, as I played more and more, I realized like you that there's not too much variety, just explore, find some shrines, solve some puzzles, and explore some more. But I actually loved that gameplay, I thought the basic mechanics like exploration and basic combat were deep enough to keep me satisfied. While I wasn't as blown away as when I first started playing, I still greatly enjoyed it. Then I got to the Gerudo area and was blown away again. They put so much effort into making that place as awesome as possible, that it was extremely fun and exciting again. Then it kind of slagged off until I got to Hyrule Castle, which once again was done extremely well.

I'd say this game is a rollercoaster of excitement. There are definitely some low points, but honestly those low points aren't really all that low. Even when I was bored I was having fun.
>>
>>380865561
No one cares that much about shitposting, anon
>>
>>380865315
>Secret
>It's literally out in the open with a clawshot spot that says "HEY COME UP HERE SOMETHING'S HERE"
>>
>>380866778
Oh anon, you have NO idea.
>>
>>380865986
Nintendo can do no wrong, huh?
>>
>>380866778
Holy shit how new are you?
>>
File: 1478928343570.jpg (110KB, 591x640px) Image search: [Google]
1478928343570.jpg
110KB, 591x640px
>>380866778
>No one cares that much about shitposting

Oh you sweet summer child
>>
>>380866545
An update that adds more of the classic Zelda enemies would go a long way with this game. Having caves and other things to explore that just lead to treasure or something along with the shrines would be fucking rad.
It's a massive Zelda game, but I feel like exploration and variety isn't as big a deal as it is in the other games.
Guess what I'm saying is the game had a lot of potential to be absolutely amazing but instead it settled for good.
>>
I actually beat it last night and are struggling to think of what to do next. Sure, there are a lot of shrines left but that's going to be a lot of traversal until then and beyond that I'm not sure what else sounds fun. Built the village side quest is done, got my house up to snuff and filled it with weapons and shields...what else is there that I need to do?
>>
>>380866778
>turn off your modem
>turn it on again after 10 seconds

that's all you need to do stupid faggot
>>
File: 1497668925732.jpg (54KB, 462x491px) Image search: [Google]
1497668925732.jpg
54KB, 462x491px
>>380865986
>don't play this shit game
>instead play this other shittier game
>>
>>380864616
>the more I realized there wasn't nearly as much to discover as it first seemed

Literally every open world or sandbox game, ever.
Zelda however, is best in the genre.
>>
The game has shitty dungeons and is unsatisying. Its crap. Its the worst 3d zelda imo.
>>
>>380864616
I never felt that way. There was always stuff I wanted to collect. Hearts, stamina, inventory capacity were the traditional ones, but there were also all of the consumables and ingredients and armor upgrade materials everywhere. I went around taking pictures of every weapon, every piece of new flora and fauna, and every enemy. The armor abilities were one of the most significant and compelling reasons to find stuff.

The important thing to me is that there was a finite amount of everything, so it becomes possible to collect it all despite how much content there is.
>>
>>380864616
Well I´ve got to say that exploring Akkala the first time and getting lost in the hihge worls have been some of the best experiences I have ever had in videogames.

But that´s just me, it´s sad that you anons couldn´t enjoy this game as much as I could.
>>
>>380864616
I kinda agree, but it's still a pretty good game. I fucked myself by discovering the dragon fight in the mountains before my first divine beast, so everything after that point was a little disappointing.

I mean there are neat areas like eventide and the dark zone, whatever it is called, but after a point it just felt like remixes. It's a good game, but I really want more variety. I was hoping enemy variety would come as a free update, but no luck so far.
>>
>>380867629
You'll love ubisoft open world games when/if they come to Nintendo hardware!!
>>
>>380867905
>I was hoping enemy variety would come as a free update
And to think they won't come even as DLC. Just recolors with bigger stats and health regen
>>
I played like 4
70 hours, I was having a lot of fun, but later it became tedious, to go through all those distances without much to do, the lack of variety of enemies was kind of disappointing, and I think this game could improve like an awful lot if they increased the exploring spots, they are too far from each other, and sometimes not worth the time to get there.
>>
I've played like 6 hours of this game, and it was fucking awesome.

I'm basically waiting for hardmode, and trying to resist my urge to play the game, so that it can feel better when I do play it.

Anyway, even if the game somehow sucks absolute balls from my current position in the game, I've already had more fun than in any of the previous Zelda games.
>>
>>380868159
You're in for a ride. Just don't spoil youself on locations and secrets around the world.
>>
The game desperately needed more Hyrule Castles which is to say, dungeons with a consistent theme and sense of progressing towards something. One off shrines just don't do it, especially when they all have the same general look to them even if the puzzles are different. More stuff like the island where you lose all your shit would've helped too. Basically the variety just wasn't there. Maybe spread out the shrine powers or something, I don't know. Like someone else said, you're basically playing the same from hour one to hour 100.
>>
>>380868071
Yeah, that feels like a missed opportunity. Also fuck the damage sponge enemies. The lionels were fun to find at first, but fighting them is just tedious.

The music is nice, though, so there's that.
>>
File: DSC_0014.jpg (3MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0014.jpg
3MB, 3840x2160px
>>380868378
I'm getting quite a kick from bullying Impas granddaughter.
>>
File: 1490055884697.png (202KB, 635x541px) Image search: [Google]
1490055884697.png
202KB, 635x541px
>>380868779
Fucking phone posting, how does it work?
>>
>>380868530
I don't agree at all. Variety was the game's strongest suit. Eventide wasn't an isolated occurrence, there were tons of environmental challenge shrines like that, like the dark ruins, labyrinths, forgotten temple, and others. That was my biggest takeaway from the game, that they managed to fit in all of that variety without the game feeling disjointed.
>>
>>380865986
BRRTT
>>
>game is only 3 month old
>/v/ has completely forgotten about it
even Skywward Sword enjoyed it's 15 minutes of fame longer than this turd.
>>
>>380869126
>several hundred post threads multiple times daily
>completely forgotten about

top kek, lad
>>
File: 1495844592506.jpg (199KB, 689x686px) Image search: [Google]
1495844592506.jpg
199KB, 689x686px
i agree, OP. the whole "you can do anything in any order" is a two-edged sword. complete freedom and agency at the cost of a completely flat difficulty curve. the first of the four areas you clear is inevitably difficult, while the second is pretty easy, and the third and fourth are trivial, because the only progression in the game is watching your damage numbers go up (and if you really want to you can just break that system like a twig by mad-dashing through hyrule castle and grabbing endgame weapons). the runes were a neat idea, but there weren't enough of them to offer sufficient variety of gameplay, and because you have to be able to do anything in any order, no sidequests or shrines can offer any truly unique, significant rewards. it's all just stat boosts and rupees. compare to majora's mask, where most of the sidequests in the game offer permanent and significant upgrades, and gaining each of the transformative masks unlocks huge portions of the map for exploration.
>>
>>380869450
Well it's better than everything being flat down to the ground, like the previous zelda games.
>>
>>380864616
I agree. My biggest concern is how there's nothing cool to find. You can find really impressive vistas because you know that whatever you see is reachable, but it's almost completely devoid of substantial items to find. It's shrine after shrine after korok.

>>380866812
BotW had the potential to change that.
And did.
But removed the actual secret and replaced it with a shrine.
>>
File: 1415309560519.png (132KB, 366x278px) Image search: [Google]
1415309560519.png
132KB, 366x278px
>>380864616
Well OP, I agree with you.
However the only thing that ever really got to me was the lack of enemy variety.
Like that really started to get to me after the 2nd dungeon especially with all of the potential a lot of Zelda enemies would have in BotW
Shit like Darknuts and LikeLikes seem as if they are the most natural fucking fit into this game, hell LikeLikes make more sense in this game than any before
>>
>>380868597
Yeah, who thought having weapons that break so fast and enemies that take so much punishment together in the same game was a good idea? It's quite a drag

Hopefully that extra story DLC is interesting
>>
>>380868159
>so that it can feel better when I do play it.
I honestly don't think a hardmode would benefit this game, given how they're handling difficulty, but go for it
>>
>>380870224
To add, it feels really lazily made which seems like a recurring theme with modern Nintendo.
Everything is very easy to copy and paste, shrines, koroks, rusty weapons. There's no real variety anywhere.
I think Super Mario 3D World, ARMS, ports and remasters are a sign of Nintendo losing its edge. Odyssey looks amazing, butI hope there aren't just like 10 worlds and that's it.
>>
>>380870714
>10 worlds
actually, that was stupid.
10 would be good as long as they're varied.
>>
>>380869572
i disagree, honestly. at least side-quests in other zelda games offer incentives to complete them. literally everything you get from shrines and shops and whatnot is achievable with potions and food. i just never felt like there was any point to doing anything, because every MYSTEEEERIOUS enigma ends in a shrine, and every shrine (of which 90% were unbelievably simple) ends in "wow a hat that gives +climb speed" or like 300 rupees (and the game gives you the tools to break the economy almost out of the gates, to say nothing of the broken food system)
>>
File: 1496614037642.gif (4MB, 344x203px) Image search: [Google]
1496614037642.gif
4MB, 344x203px
Daily reminder that /v/ will never get over BotW.

http://www.gamesradar.com/were-all-talking-about-zelda-breath-of-the-wild-developers-explain-how-its-shaping-the-future-of-games/

Benjamin Plich was the lead designer on Assassin's Creed: Unity and For Honor, and is currently employed as lead game designer at Montreal's Reflector Entertainment.
>Breath of the Wild showed something most designers already know, but which is hard to achieve... [these games are] evolving from classic open worlds to an open-game model - open progression following each player's intrinsic motivations, adaptive challenge curve and economy, open narrative structures, and so on.
Damien Monnier served as senior designer on The Witcher 3 at CD Projekt RED
>Breath of the Wild has managed to bring classic open world mechanics together while not relying on them to guide the player through its world. You go and explore it because you wonder what's out there, not because a loot icon tells you to.
>My expectations, and I mean for me as a Zelda fan, have changed for sure - they've raised the bar when it comes to world crafting and this sense of total immersion I get when I play it. While its world includes classic open-world activities, collectibles and loot-filled mobs, it definitely doesn't feel overloaded and allows the focus be on the exploration. You want to explore this land whether or not you are on a quest, or being tasked to collect/gather something. You know, If you were to remove all NPCs, quests and mobs, I would still take pleasure in exploring that beautiful world.

Tommy François, Ubisoft's franchise director.
>For every creatives, it's a lesson. The game [BotW] seems to tell us : put yourself in question. We realize that we are far from excellency.

http://www.lemonde.fr/pixels/article/2017/03/17/pourquoi-the-legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild-fait-progresser-le-jeu-video_5096048_4408996.html
>>
>the "only another shrine" argument

If they'd have taken the contents of the shrines and just embedded them into the overworld, you wouldn't be complaining. But because they're packaged in a small instance you think you're getting "the same thing every time".
>>
>>380864616
Prove you wrong? That you didn't have that experience with the game? What?

Is this level of not being able to understand individual preference and experience actual autism? Glad you enjoyed it.
>>
File: 1418857611367.gif (658KB, 500x446px) Image search: [Google]
1418857611367.gif
658KB, 500x446px
>>380865743
>It doesnt help that the combat is boring and the enemies are completely braindead (including bosses).
You're the first I've seen say that
Also
>Not constantly trying new stuff in combat
It sounds like you're just a boring person who just sticks to what he thinks is the absolute most optimal
>>
>>380871132
Well yeah. The shrines all have the same music and theme, so they all sort of blend together. In other Zeldas, the micro dungeons were themed after their environment so they were able to stand out.
>>
>>380871132
if they'd taken the contents of the shrines and embedded them into the overworld, you'd see MUCH more bitching about the lack of dungeons. the defense against the overly simplistic and low-in-number divine beasts is "well the shrines are the REAL dungeons!" when in fact 9 out of 10 shrines are completely brain-dead.

>>380871639
not the guy you're replying to, but the combat IS boring. parrying's not really worth it, you just always want to go for a flurry, and they're very, VERY easy to get consistently and often, and deal absurd amounts of damage. otherwise, combat's the same circle-strafe, mash attack it's always been. the bosses are pretty simple, too. there are a few attacks (thunderblight's warp-strike, fireblight's black hole thing) that require figuring out, but every boss is really just "whack away because you didn't get a key item in this dungeon to use on the boss".

also
>purposefully hobbling yourself to TRY and manufacture some sense of variety in combat
>>
>>380871132
Honestly that actually would be much preferred because big problem with the shrines isn't necessarily the content itself it's the theming it's all very lazy. If shrines that you found near volcanoes looked like volcanoes and shrines that you found in holes look like caves that would actually be a huge step up.

Also the rewards for shrines just kind of sucks.
>>
To me the biggest disappointment is that there are virtually no caves or underground areas. The world has no "inside" which really takes a lot of the mystery out of it.
>>
>>380871132
>they'd have taken the contents of the shrines and just embedded them into the overworld

I don't complain about the shrines much, but if they did this it would actually be a significant improvement. Imagine if the contents of the shrines were actually naturally integrated into the overworld environments, instead of having the same boring themes every time. It would be far better.
>>
>>380870820
>break the economy

There is no economy in single player games anon.
>>
>>380872274
>combat's the same circle-strafe, mash attack it's always been

There wasn't even a need to circle-strafe anon.
>>
File: 1418851195741.gif (94KB, 500x446px) Image search: [Google]
1418851195741.gif
94KB, 500x446px
>>380872274
Well anon you're right there. I was mainly thinking about the ways you can approach and handle things combat wise.

>purposefully hobbling yourself to TRY and manufacture some sense of variety in combat
I just always found myself naturally looking for stuff to use against enemies besides my weapons, especially when running into large camps
>>
>>380864616
>71 Posts 40 IPs
stop samefagging and move on with your lives
no one on this board gives a fuck if you liked or disliked botw
it's objectively the best open world game ever made, if you're seriously that butthurt about it maybe you should reevaluate your life.
>>
The next game needs more areas like Hyrule Castle. That was by far the most interesting place in the game, simply because it felt really fleshed out.

To me, it was like having the density of one of the better areas in a Souls game, but with the ability to climb around, and have complete freedom of movement. There were little nooks and crannies everywhere, and optional stuff, it was great.

I honestly would not mind if every single dungeon in the future was replaced with areas like that- less focus on puzzles, but more on feeling like an actual dungeon.
Thread posts: 73
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.