[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How is the Creation Club any different from people making stuff

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: bethesda%20creation%20club[1].jpg (12KB, 590x332px) Image search: [Google]
bethesda%20creation%20club[1].jpg
12KB, 590x332px
How is the Creation Club any different from people making stuff in the Steam Workshop then Valve picking it up to put in their in-game stores in Dota 2/CSGO/TF2?

Very few people ever complained about that.
>>
Its not. Whats your point.
>>
>>380864610
People are going apeshit about it and I don't see the problem.
>>
its worse. creation club is much less intuitive than steam
>>
>>380864478
Pcbros would eat up anything gaben shits in their plate
If paid modding was introduced for a valve game there wouldn't have been this kind of backlash
>>
>>380864841
I meant valve drones, fuck the word filter
>>
>>380864478
Are you seriously comparing Fallout and Skyrim mods to Valve Game mods?
>>
>>380864478
Basically, "it's OK when Gabe does it!"

I was always against dumb hats and shit in TF2, but that's videogame fans for you. If you reallynlike a game, you'll find a way to defend dumb shit no matter what.

Paid mods are happening, and in 10 or even 5 years it'll be a normalised economy that no one sees a big issue with. Kind of like how DLC and pre purchase bonuses did.

I love videogames, but we are the dumbest consumers on earth, because we keep falling for it. I include myself in that before anyone thinks I'm implying I'm a special flower.
>>
>>380864661
I somewhat agree. While I understand that people like free things, I can also accept that shitty companies are shitty. All in all, I'm not bothered by Creation Club in practice, but only conceptually. I can get similar or better mods to the ones which are paid.
>>
>>380864934
Are you seriously this autistic?
>>
>>380864841
>valve-drones would eat anything gaben shits on their plate
I know lots of people that (for some reason still) think valve is a good company, yet can differentiate good from bad. I love valve for half life 1&2, TFC and TF2, but what they did to CS 1.6 fans when they made CS:GO was fucked up.
>>
>>380864478
At first I was a bit skeptical about the whole Creation Club announcement but when I read through their official website, it seems like this is a way for them to try and improve mods and make them better.

They will have quality control, collaboration between the game devs and the mod authors and a bunch of other procedures and guidelines.

I can't wait for the exciting new mods that will come out from this system. Its gonna bring polish and better integration for mods as a whole.

I am really excited.
>>
The stuff valve curates is all cosmetic and has no impact on the gameplay or performance of the game. That combined with valves reputation of fixing bugs and you have a reliable system with shitty alternatives that aren't worth bothering with.

Now look at Bethesda. Do you trust them to curate? They can't even check their own game for bugs and incompatabilities. Their expansions have so much fucked up edits. To this day they rely on the community's patch to fix their game. How do you think their curated content will turn out? It's gonna be a fucking mess, full of worthless garbage that hardly functions built on top of an already unstable game. Combine all this with the fact that there is a great alternative with there being free mods and you have a real fuckup.
>>
>>380864478
the difference is that dota 2, tf2 and csgo are multiplayer games
skyrim, fallout 4 are not
>>
People want to show their stupid hats online. That's the only difference. Paid mods are still retarded and so are you.
>>
>>380865386
Valve is as anti consumer as any other big corporation. People just don't see as clearly.
That's because Steam and Valve are coasting off an incredible amount of goodwill, pretty much all built up because "muh sales"
>>
>what they did to CS 1.6 fans when they made CS:GO was fucked up.

What did they do besides release a game? You can boot up 1.6 right now and play.
>>
>>380864478
It's not, but people don't trust Bethesda. Scummy practices even in their base business and treating everyone like shit, why would anyone expect quality from them? Aside from that Valve is a PC only thing. There is no console market place that they have to deal with, that comes with file size restrictions and can never have the new call functions for the scripting engine that PC can get.

It's also obvious that their 'screening process' is about trying to pick which modders to in their later games be the only ones that get mod development kits. It will be a walled garden. Bethesda will say "Modding was just too much of a problem, this is better anyway, you will still get a bunch of added content."
>>
>>380865886
they made skins, and ill never forgive them
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.