[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

GTA IV Thread: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kxt PRF6NG7I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 522
Thread images: 82

File: 4803-gta-iv-screenshot.jpg (105KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
4803-gta-iv-screenshot.jpg
105KB, 1280x720px
GTA IV Thread:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxtPRF6NG7I
>>
Why is this game so hard to run on modern PCs?
>>
The driving was shit, fuck anyone that thinks differently.
>>
>>380863137
Do you prefer V's?
>>
>>380863254
I like the driving that was in 3 through SA.
>>
>>380863061
It really did push the hardware back then, I remember the 360 version having horrible pop-in and framerate drops, but its still confusing why some PCs still struggle with it.
>>
File: 013.jpg (110KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
013.jpg
110KB, 1280x720px
Anyone else like Niko's "beta" look better?

Also, what ever happened to the fingerless gloves? They looked great in the design, and it made him look more like a criminal/car thief.
>>
File: -reaction9.jpg (46KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
-reaction9.jpg
46KB, 480x480px
>>380862903
>almost 10 years
i still remember the first time i bailed out of a car and realized this game had ragdoll physics. it was followed by me flying out the car winshield like 2 minutes later. i got 100% on both 360 and ps3, bar a few multiplayer trophies/achievements. havent got around to doing it on pc and lost my save file a few times. i wish gta v was as big of a jump from 4 as san andreas was to 4. my most recent gta was vice city stories when i first played 4. numbered installments should be landmarks, not detours like 5 was. yes, i like it more than 5. san andreas is still king.
>>
>>380863974
I remember playing it the first time and being shocked at how dreary it was. It truly was its own thing, very admirable.
>>
>>380863867
Pretty sure they made the fingerless gloves a PC exclusive thing when it released
>>
>>380863414
SA was the link between GTA3/Vice City driving and 4. It was the start of vehicles attempting to mimic realistic physics and weight (and the game as a whole began the move towards a criminal simulator rather than an action game with appropriate crime mechanics).

I'd go on a limb and say that SA is closer overall to IV than to 3. GTA 3 is almost like an arcade game and has only mechanics which are relevant to the missions. SA is a Sims game which also incidentally let's you commit crime. IV is the inevitable successor to SA, in that it adds a more fleshed-out story to a functional world simulator.
>>
>>380864075
the friend whos house i first played it at never got past bohan. he beat 5 and said he loved it. i want tell him how wrong i think he is, but no one cares about single player stories in their gta apparently. no one seems to appreciate the diamonds story, or how well the dlc connects to 4, except significantly retconning ray bulgarins personality
>>
File: BernieCrane-Artwork.jpg (57KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
BernieCrane-Artwork.jpg
57KB, 768x1024px
>>380862903
/v/ always complains about LGBT characters in games, but I think what was really cool about GTA IV in retrospect is that it showed that a game could get them right. Case in point, Bernie. He was pretty funny, but he was also so much more.

He was interesting because he is essentially Niko's foil: both endured the same atrocities and betrayals in their home countries, but unlike Niko, who only sank deeper into his self-hatred and depression and chased something that still would have never made him happy because he would still have been the same husk of a man afterwards, as he later finds out, Bernie was actually able to move on and make a better life for himself by moving to America, becoming a fitness trainer, and starting a relationship with Bryce Harper, the mayor of all people. He's not "Florian Cravic" anymore, he's "Bernie," because he was able to put his past behind him, optimistically look to the future, and ultimately, be happy with who he is. He made it. Acceptance of his latent homosexuality, taking place off-screen, is another device that shows the malleability of character and self esteem. Niko is so resistant to change that he's rendered in disbelief when he finds that Roman has forgotten their original language and opted to speak English instead, and insists on calling Bernie "Florian" even after Bernie asked him multiple times to do otherwise. It's only after Niko spares Darko Brevic, and is finally able to put at least some of his past behind him, when he calls Bernie "Bernie" in the phone call that follows, and makes a promise to hang out and have fun, something which he never wanted to do with Bernie prior.

Bernie, barring the homosexuality, is what Roman wanted Niko to be all along, and tried to foster in Niko by staying by his side and getting him to have fun with family and friends in America. You see the changes in Niko's character through Bernie, and this is why I found the dynamic between the two very interesting to watch.
>>
File: maxresdefault (4).jpg (175KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (4).jpg
175KB, 1280x720px
>>380864428
Everyone always says they prefer TBoGT, but to me it goes like this:

IV>L&D>TBoGT
>>
>>380864595
He's even got the same eyebrow scar.
>>
File: 1432259490310.jpg (68KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1432259490310.jpg
68KB, 700x700px
>tfw GTA Online killed all three single player expansions
>>
>>380864595
It says a lot when GTA does gay characters better than all the SJW shitfests out there.
>>
>>380864829
Micro transactions and no fast way to get money killed gta online
>>
>>380864595
I dont think I ever got that far into GTA4, but now you're making want to see what happens at that point.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olEGtoYs_8A

This is 10x better than GTA 4 online
>>
>>380864595
I like how you hear "Florian" come out in his voice when Niko is accusing him of being the traitor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jz-1KZFB7-c
>>
>>380864595
thanks for this. it sums up how well rockstar can do characters. i never noticed niko calling him florian then bernie after finding darko. i still remember when you break into bernies house the first time and he drops the gay accent and yells "i wouldnt do that" niko is silent and you can tell how much was going through his mind. i'll always rememebr that moment.

also, for gay caracters, theirs gay tony, although he and his lover are far less nuianced
>>380864609
story wise i'd say i agree, but tbogt gets high on so many peoples list for gameplay they brought back from previous games.

>>380864940
its fantastic. i love it, but getting back into it af few months ago i realized just how awful the fake accents were. if you can get past that, youre golden.
>>
>>380865168
I just prefer playing the game at a slower pace, I guess, makes the killing feel a lot more worthwhile.
>>
File: 37242ghr27832.jpg (78KB, 492x600px) Image search: [Google]
37242ghr27832.jpg
78KB, 492x600px
post best song
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBCsA7deTqA

>>380864958
shitty b8 m8
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (59KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
59KB, 1280x720px
>>380865256
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4aeETEoNfOg
>>
File: MoriKibbutz.jpg (333KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
MoriKibbutz.jpg
333KB, 1024x768px
How can one man be so based?
>rich
>got into multiple ivy league universities
>nice car
>lifts weights
>flies better choppers than Brucie
>fucks hot women
>>
>>380865507
He's a piece of shit, though.
>>
>>380865168
I can deal with fake accents, but what kind of frame of mind do you need to get into GTA4? I tried to keep the same of mindset I had with the PS2 GTAs which made me not get into it. Is it the kind of game where you're better off taking your time and relaxing with it, occasionally hanging out with people, and just aimlessly exploring? And are there any mods for multiplayer or PC performance that are recommended?
>>
>>380864940
The story has its ups and downs in terms of writing, but I legitimately think the diamonds subplot that's shared between the base game and both expansions and the connection between the mission titled "That Special Someone" and the two endings of the base game in terms of Niko's character are the best written moments of the entire series.
>>
>>380865597
Pretty much. If you're going through depression (especially teen angst, believe me), this is the game for you.
>>
TBoGT is GODTIER GTA. Original is up there too
>>
File: 1492533833152.jpg (114KB, 640x427px) Image search: [Google]
1492533833152.jpg
114KB, 640x427px
>>380864958
>played for hours with friends while in HS
>made our own fun with the game, only grind around was just to unlock more clothing
>customizable sessions
>toggle police, weather, guns that dropped, friendly fire, pedestrians, and traffic
good times

>play gtao
>play for a week or two with friends
>literally nothing the same and everything is behind grind or sharkcards
>stop playing
but hey at least i can mod single player to have some fun
>>
>>380865254
fair point. theres a mission in 4 where you go into the hotel south of central park and kill a bunch of mobsters in a pent house. its one of my faves. gta 4 starts slow, but ramps to that like halfway through. tbogt starts with killing like 60 asian guys on like the second mission and stays about that crazy.

>>380865597
its much slower paced than the ps2 games. one major annoyance i had starting out was how car doors are solid, meaning if you leave the door open for quick entry, you might bump it closed. i wouldnt say hanging out with friends is required, but maybe go drinking with roman once to see what hes all about. gta satire hasnt done much for me, but with hindsight, gta 4 and how it parodies the internet and smartphones is pretty good. if you feel like its missing content from the ps2 era games, its there, just in different ways. the vigilante missions are on the cop car computer and the taxi missions require you to call roman first. sadly, no paramedic. ammu nation is also gone, but there are underground gun stores.
>>
>>380866037
Yeah, turning point is definitely Deconstruction for Beginners. I wish they would have prepped you more for it, though, because it comes out of nowhere, and it's Playboy's first mission, of all contacts, which, I guess, sorta makes sense.
>>
SOME DAY
SOME DAY
SOME DAYYYY
DOMINION
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AeFC-rfQkVk
>>
>>380866037
You can also call Roman sometimes and he'll comment on the story. You can also steal cars for Brucie and his friend, Steve.

I like hanging out with people. If you take your time with the story it pays off. Buying discount guns from Jacob and getting backup from Dwayne is cool. I wish I had more use for Packie's car bombs, though.
>>
>>380866462
You also get to find out interesting details about Roman and Niko if you date Kate/Michelle.

For example, Niko had a brother who died that they never mention and Roman's mother was raped and murdererd, unbeknownst to him.
>>
>>380865881
I don't even know why people like GTA Online so much. Seriously, it's fucking beyond me. I have a good PC with an SSD but it's still mostly loadings for me and trackmania-esque races. (It was regular races with powerups in cars, that I hated, before the update). I don't mind the grind but the gameplay is just bad. Nobody really plays modes where you have to actually use guns, and heists are so poorly designed it hurts (if someone leaves, you're fucked). I actually LIKE the core concept - I remember grinding for a Dodo after switching to nextgen version of the game, because I loved the plane, but I soon realized I couldn't do anything with it. I really wanted to raid stuff with my friends sitting on plane skids, but there is nothing to actually fucking raid.

Gamemodes are poorly implemented, everything happens in separate lobbies, the main "hub" where players do random shit inbetween games and where you are actually allowed to use stuff you grinded has nothing to do in it. Cars you bought? You can't use them, use these pre-defined set of cars (or get some more, not for money, but by accomplishing some retarded challenge). Weapons you bought? You start with no guns in deathmatch, just pick that shit up from the ground like in fucking quake 3, goyim. This is understandable because of balance, but fuck, I wish they would find another way to implement that. If I can grind stuff, at least let me use it somewhere!
>>
>>380866184
i also remember snow queen, the abandoned hospital mission for elizabetha, being pretty fucking crazy for being so early on. i never realzed that was playboys first mission. the packie missions were crazy too. the docks thing and of course the heist which led to rockstar making 5 heist based. 4 still did its one heist better than all of 5.
>>
>>380866563
I really hope they go full open, adaptable world for the next one. Maybe something like Fallout 4 but with an actual good story. I just want something that is completely different on every replay, like a true RPG should be.
>>
>>380866563
>(if someone leaves, you're fucked)

>20 minutes into Heist
>almost complete
>stupid idiot just leaves
>waste of 20 minutes
>>
>>380865881
>but hey at least i can mod single player

lol
>>
>>380866710
>snow queen
CORRECTION. snow storm. sorry, its been a while.
>>
>>380866710
I mean, you get to kill some cops with Playboy and Johnny before that, but it's an Elizabeta mission, technically.

God, Playboy was a condescending faggot, though.

>The buyer's some Asian dude named Charlie.
>Like in Vietnam?
>Just like the movies, money.
>>
>>380866745
>gta
>rpg
>>380866710
I got rekt by this mission in my early PS3 playthrough. And I actually enjoyed it. I hated how GTA5 had no difficulty whatsoever.
>>
>>380866823
What's the big deal, by the way? I mean, can't you just download the software from the other website or something?
>>
>>380866869
They've slowly but surely been going the rpg route for a long time, now.
>>
>>380863061
Because its a shit port.
>>
>>380866998
You'd think a GTX 1070 would be more than enough to play this game at 1080p 60fps but apparently not
>>
File: just.png (30KB, 1126x101px) Image search: [Google]
just.png
30KB, 1126x101px
>the pigeons
>the stunt jumps
>the multiplayer trophies where you have to beat a time limit
>the 100% in tbogt missions
I don't think I'll have so much fun ever again, especially the co op ones, anyone else who 100% it?
>>
>>380865597
There's more of an emphasis on roaming around in the sandbox and noticing all the little details that R* put into the environments, pedestrians, physics, and overall making the city feel more alive. The city even has its own fleshed out history, complete with documentary, which you can check out by watching the TV and going on CNT. The game is essentially like a tech demo with (in my opinion) a great story added on. I thought it was a real treat. Personally I thought the best moments of the game were just walking down streets in Algonquin and just taking everything in, and that the best side content was the "random strangers," which also flesh out the city in an interesting way.

In terms of gameplay however, GTA IV is really the last GTA where you can rampage just by running around the city and gunning down cops like Rambo; in V, that's gone because the cops are so OP and your character is essentially made out of glass. And God forbid you step into a car; armor doesn't mean shit because the cops will just shoot through the windows, which can't be bulletproof, with pinpoint accuracy. This is precisely the reason why the Armored Kuruma is so powerful in the GTA Online missions and heist setups; it's the only fast vehicle with bulletproof windows.
>>380866561
Don't forget the emails from Niko's mother that change as the game progresses; those are easily missable.
>>
>>380866967

adding upgradable stats =/= "full rpg route", san andreas had much more rpg elements than GTA 5 whilst GTA 4 had none whatsoever.
>>
>>380863061
i bought a new PC 3 years ago and it worked/works fine
>>
>>380867136

in V you literally have regenerating health and a ducking in vehicles mechanic, how is it difficult to hold off cops.
>>
File: JohnnyKlebitz-TLAD.jpg (89KB, 535x744px) Image search: [Google]
JohnnyKlebitz-TLAD.jpg
89KB, 535x744px
He didn't deserve getting killed off by a meme character.

In fact, he might be the most sympathetic of the GTA protags; he gets dragged into crime for no reason.

Well, there is one reason; because he's a good friend.
>>
File: image.jpg (77KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
77KB, 1280x720px
>>380864595
>Honey, YOU. ARE. STRESSED.
GTA IV (and EFLC) is one of the few games where its gay characters don't feel forced at all and actually work great with the city environment.

I purposely let Darko live every time I replay the game just because I like that final conversation between Niko and Bernie where they both find a little bit of peace in themselves.
I don't know why but I have an obsession with finding out every little detail and line of dialogue from characters in GTA games (even V).
>>
>>380867218
It had multiple endings, customizable outfits, cars (to an extent), multiple ways to approach missions, nonlinear story, open world, etc. I mean, in all honesty I feel most games are going the RPG route, which is a good thing. Otherwise I'll just go watch a movie.
>>
>>380866967
san andreas is the closest thing to a gta rpg we have gotten thus far. there are no stats in 4 and dont even try telling me the stats in 5 count worth a damn. i remember an article in mid 2013 where rockstar said you wouldnt get fat or bulky based on stats cause it would be too much work to make it look convincing in an hd era.
>>380866867
im assuming you killed him. good. he drops a desert eagle so you can get it early.
there are some lines between niko and dwayne when they hang out after that wereenlightening.
dwayne complains about the hood and niko says "where i grew up we didnt have electricity until i was 12."
i know the mission. i loved the interios in 4 and was hopeful the sequel would continue it. gta 5 really droped the ball hard. i think johnny also had a different appearance in 4 than tlad, but its more excusable than bulgarin
>>380867098
i never got to co op achievements for par time, but i remember grining the fuck out of hangmans noose. grab the caddy, get the chopper, park it in front of the plane, then fly to the baseball field. bomb da base II was fun too.
>>
>>380867592
I like killing Darko because he shoots him once for every dead member of the squad, and it just seems more in character for me. I like how he doesn't find peace, after, either. It also feels like the most humane thing to do, looking at Darko as it appears he is living in hell already.
>>
>>380866563
I had loads of fun right when it came out and had a group to play with. I tried getting back into it recently and I can't even find something little I like about it. It's just so "buy a shark card or fuck off"
>>
>>380867592
does franklin get any depth? i never did any friend hang outs in 5, so i dont know. at least trevor and michael had something going on between them, even if it did eventually become them bickering to no avail after trevor finds out the truth. franklin felt like a last minute add in, especially how he meets michael. it just felt so weird how they became friends. i never bought the apprentice thing. lamar should have been in franklins place
>>
>>380867592
>but I have an obsession with finding out every little detail and line of dialogue from characters
Remember, characters have different dialog when moving from point A to point B when you fail a mission and try again. :^)
>>
>>380864595
Why didn't Rockstar make Bernie be a Friend you could hang out with in the game anyways?
They could have added so many great lines of dialogue explaining their pasts a bit more, like Packie's drunk ramblings about his dad beating him when you go to that one Irish pub out in Broker.
>>
>>380867846
Franklin could have been handled better if they devoted the whole first act to him in the ghetto and extended the game overall. They didn't. It's a shame.
>>
>>380867731
>once for every member of the squad
never connected the dots for that one, thanks. i always wondered how it was that niko fired mor ebullets than the deagle had without reloading in between, but it makes sense that they pre programmed the execution for the starting pistol for this reason
>>
>>380867886
Yeah this always fucking gets me. Especially since I just load a game when I die so I don't mess up my stats. How much have I missed? Is there a video or something?
>>
>>380864595
I liked how Bernie didn't give you crap when you killed Darko, he was just happy for you.
>>
GTA IV > GTA VC >> GTA SA > GTA V > GTA 3
>>
The multiplayer was some of the most fun ive had in a game. Also its crazy how so many details were taken out in 5. That Crowbcat video sums it up perfectly.
>>
>>380868049
There's a guy who dedicates his channel to just THAT, he explores every single possibility in every mission, he's great and really underrated
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoKYYUrm0En0U2wAIkxSh5A
>>
I like talking about GTAIV, but I don't feel like starting it up again. Maybe I should just watch a Let's Play but that sounds boring.
>>
>>380867592
Playing Niko as a good-hearted guy forced to do bad shit I spared Darko and chose revenge. Never cheated on any of the girlfriends. Never killed pedestrians unless required or by accident or self defense. Playing a "moralistic" GTA playthrough is tough but something about it feels satisfying in GTA IV considering the tone and themes.
>>
>>380868369
This is the Gta IV playilist btw
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL8E0_qbRVNvSYjuq9PpPWzBix5w1188BO
>>
>>380867598

I don't really consider the GTA games to have a "non-linear" story, only real choice is which ones you start first but no matter which one you choose theres no real impact on the story.

only true example ive seen of this in GTA is that in GTA 3 you can kill kenji at a certain point at the game, if you decide to do it straight away and kill him, his missions won't be avaliable.

the choices in the story dont even impact the alternate endings in GTA 5, you are literally just given a choice right then and there at the end.
>>
>>380867513
I'm not saying it's very difficult, but I think it's harder than the older GTAs, especially considering you no longer have the Pay 'N Spray as a crutch. You have regenerating health, yes, but to balance that out, armor is essentially paper and health, and you only regenerate health up to half a life bar, which is worthless at higher wanted levels, goes down just as fast. Because of that, if you tried to do what I just said you could do in IV in GTA V, you're essentially committing suicide. I always just ran around and shot cops in all the GTAs, but in V I found that the only way I could survive for the same amount of time was to pick a cover spot, camp out there, and hope the helicopters don't kill me with the same pinpoint accuracy I mentioned earlier.

I'll nver forget a moment in GTA Online where I rigged sticky bombs to cars Simeon wanted destroyed, drove half a city away, then into the underground tunnels for good measure, triggered the bombs, and the cops still found me.
>>380867846
He does a little, if you pay careful attention to his combat dialogue and smoke weed with him, you'll find that he's been struggling with depression and suicidal tendencies ever since the death of his mother, and that he subconsciously hopes that someone kills him so that he may finally escape everything. But as
>>380867973
said, it's a shame more time wasn't devoted to him.
>>
>>380867973
Would it really have been that hard to add a few "easy", immersive missions like in SA where you go to the funeral and take out that Balla?

>tfw this song was on the radio in a car full of Families' members the whole ride over:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uo3rZjJB1hY

One of the best experiences in GTA I've had, desu
>>
>>380868258
I always think this video is just nitpicking. There is seriously no shortage of features in GTA5. It's just the overall quality of certain things. The plot is not that great, the city is not that big - that kind of stuff. As for these features, there is usually few newer ones to replace older. And they are usually better and bigger in caliber. If GTA4 came out after GTA5, people would be fucking pissed, because it's only a better game in terms of story, multiplayer, and CERTAIN little details.
>>
>>380868467
>>380868258
DUDE, greatly appreciated.
>>
>>380868401
now do a playthrough where you follow traffic laws
>>
>>380868401
>tfw I cheated on Michelle in Bohan with a prostitute

After getting a blowjob by the ocean in the dead of night Niko just says

>Life is strange, isn't it?

Great moment.
>>
>>380868401
I seem to remember just wanting niko to settle down with kate(?) and be happy.
I haven't touched the game in years though so I could be talking out my ass.
>>
>>380868534
>>380867513
health regen only works when standing still too. the ducking mechanic was added in after watchdogs game out, not there at launch. it barely does anything either. health in 5 sucks
>>
>>380868645
I just remembered now.
Two weeks ago I had to spend few days on a farm. There was a PC with GTA SA installed and a kid I had to spend time with. So I had to entertain him and decided to roleplay in SA for shits and giggles. And it was actually fun as fuck. I tried looking up roleplaying mods for GTA SA but it's all just multiplayer content. Are there any autism singleplayer roleplaying mods for GTASA-4-5? Just not the cop mods.
>>
>>380868631
No prob man
>>
>>380868534
You can still use LS customs just like a pay n' spray, you just have to make sure there aren't cops directly outside it.

also if you want a truly impossible to survive cop killing spree, try surviving 6 stars (or shouting cop heads) in GTA2.
>>
>>380865507
This game taught me the manlet meme was real
>>
>>380869336
>>380865507
h-how tall is he guys
>>
>>380867072
Engine is severely CPU bottlenecked and puts 99% of the workload on a single core. CPU is a key aspect of higher framerates (Why Scorpio probably won't make 30fps games jump to 60fps).

Your CPU is probably sitting there straining its 1st core to 100% while your 1070 barely breaks a sweat
>>
File: image.gif (442KB, 185x316px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
442KB, 185x316px
>>380866710
>kill all those gang bangers and cops
>have to escape on a boat after charging through an open field
>Michelle/Karen forces you to give up the drugs after revealing herself as an IAA agent
That fucking mission was insane
>>
>>380868401
I honestly think Deal is a better ending to do if you want to play that way, since you're finally taking the advice of someone who's been there for you from the very start, Roman, and your foil who only wanted the best for you, Bernie, and trying to move on from your past and your endless desire for revenge which you've carried for years, even before the game began. I always associate Revenge with the old Niko, the one before he learns the things he learns in "That Special Someone," and the Niko that takes the deal with Dimitri despite the risk, and putting aside his unhealthy revenge-driven violent tendencies for the sake of Roman is the new Niko. The fact that Roman dies as Niko decides to do all of this is something I feel adds to the tragedy of the game's ending. Also, I like the fact that Dimitri becomes the final kill in Deal because it felt like a proper payoff to all the buildup he's had since the beginning of the game.
>>
File: 1493842011691.png (233KB, 568x590px) Image search: [Google]
1493842011691.png
233KB, 568x590px
>>380869649
>I didn't know there were boats and I always tried to escape by car
>>
>>380869491
5'11
Complete manlet.
>>
GTA IV is honestly the only game I want a next gen remaster of.
>>
>>380869798
>there were boats
w-what
>>380869649
Was it possible to fuck Karen?
>>
File: 1283459124733.jpg (61KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1283459124733.jpg
61KB, 600x450px
>>380869912
If you go to the right instead of the parking lot and drop in the water there are boats waiting for you
>>
>>380869912
>Was it possible to fuck Karen?

>tfw Karen only has like 2 dates worth of dialogue
>take her on the 4th+ date and she just repeats the same things she said over and over like she is an autist
>>
>>380867846
They rushed the story (especially the last 15-20 missions, holy shit they just kind of throw everything at once at you instead of letting it build up like in IV) so Franklin got pretty fucked over, but at least we got more of Michael and Trevor bitching at each other like an old married couple right?
It really should have just been Michael being the only playable character, you can tell from the beginning that he's the main character and the only one who actually works towards some form of redemption since he's trying to get his family back.
>>
File: 1496677708822.gif (1MB, 268x274px) Image search: [Google]
1496677708822.gif
1MB, 268x274px
>Kate never puts out
>>
>>380868369
Shit I thought I was the only one who watched this guy's vids on here, I've blown off hours just seeing more random encounters and trivia.
>>
>>380870440
Yeah I found out about him some months ago and I've watched almost everything gta iv related he did, don't care about v though
>>
>>380869912
You can bang her but she's a bad lay
>>
>>380867569
YEAH BROTHER
>>
STUPID MALAKA
>>
>>380867592

Rockstar is the only major company that can actually portray diverse characters right. Unlike most other media, while mostly just makes diverse characters "act white" Rockstar understands that people genuinely do act differently depending upon who they are and how they grew up. Most gay people aren't just exactly the same as straight people, they tend to have unique mannerisms and I'm glad they can show that.
>>
I'll be honest, I appreciate GTA IV on current gen/PC if only because you can play as a bunch of different animals including dogs, cougars, birds, etc.
>>
>>380862903
i've got the steam version from some sale a few years ago, how the fuck do i install it without also installing gfwl & rockstar bullshit club?
>>
>>380862903

Niko's characterization is one of the greatest things about this game. When he gets off the boat, he is awkward and doesn't say much. But the more the game goes on, the more his sense of humor develops and the more comfortable he gets with the characters. It really is amazing how they did it so fluidly.
>>
File: grandtheftawesome.jpg (45KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
grandtheftawesome.jpg
45KB, 1280x720px
Hotdog stand... Please, I need a... AGHH!
>>
File: IMG_1475.png (203KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1475.png
203KB, 640x1136px
>>380867098
I swear to God, these were hard as fuck back in 2008 and by now are nearly UN-FUCKING-POSSIBLE unless you grind as a group for them.
>>
i like sparing darko but killing him gives off some great dialogue. it's heartbreaking when niko and roman are in the car, and niko says "i feel empty...i was expecting this to fill me up inside, but i just feel empty"
>>
>>380871074
Sorry meant V
I'd love GTA IV on current gen though

>>380871283
AND THEN I COME OUTTA NOWHERE WITH A SHOTGUN AND BLOW THE FUCK OUTTA YOU
>>
>>380864886
The best part about what I just said is that none of this is ever told to you or banged over your head; you have to figure it all out on your own. Like there's some bits about Bernie I forgot to talk about, like the Niko-like accent Bernie uses when he says "I wouldn't do that" which >>380865168
mentions, and some bits I didn't even know about until now, like what >>380864708
brought up, that really flesh out the connection between Bernie and Niko. It's all in the little details, and those details are what make Bernie so well-written imo.
>>
>>380869798

This is me. I considered this the hardest missions in the game for a long time, because I didn't know there was a boat, and had to lose the cops, but they're all RIGHT FUCKING THERE in that parking lot outside the hospital.

Also, another interesting tip: in the "Final Interview" mission, after you kill the guy, you can just shoot out the window and jump out, skipping the entire "shoot your way out the building" sequence.
>>
File: 1450233636585.jpg (656KB, 2048x2048px) Image search: [Google]
1450233636585.jpg
656KB, 2048x2048px
>>380871315
>tfw level 9 on my 360
>tfw will never unlock those last couple clothes
The PC version had a much better selection though
>>
>>380871315
All it really takes to get these is a good friend, extreme patience and luck (in order to find people who play dead gamemodes). I believe in you
>>
>>380871660
Final Interview was one of my favorite missions, I always thought it was cool how they had you spend the time sending the resume, getting the suit, etc. so you could gain entry to the office and take him out a number of ways (knife kill + knifing the window was my favorite given how stealthy it was). Also the gun sounds in this game actually sounded realistic.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iiZleFpRj7s

For some reason this song represents GTA IV to me, it's like the game's theme.
>>
>>380869912
After the second date you can fuck her, yes.
>>
>>380871660
>Also, another interesting tip: in the "Final Interview" mission, after you kill the guy, you can just shoot out the window and jump out, skipping the entire "shoot your way out the building" sequence.

I've replayed it multiple times and always thought it was the primary way out.
>>
File: 1265058418706.png (3KB, 128x128px) Image search: [Google]
1265058418706.png
3KB, 128x128px
>>380872129
RIDING IN MY TOP DOWN WITH MY JEWELRY ON
BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP YOU KNOW THE BLOCK IS BUMPING
>>
>>380872129
for me it was

>I GOT A NICKNAME FOR ALL MY GUNS.
>>
I wonder if anyone has actually found all 200 pigeons without a guide. It sounds impossible.
>>
File: image.gif (243KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
243KB, 320x240px
>>380872129
My man, during the missions in Bohan I exclusively listened to 102.7 The Beat in my car.

>mfw seeing Elizabeta shoot Manny Escuela in the face
>>
File: ivvan.png (671KB, 612x596px) Image search: [Google]
ivvan.png
671KB, 612x596px
>>380865881

>had friend who I would play IV with all the time back in 2011/2012
>grabbing all the guns to do rampages in hospitals or burger shot together
>grabbing the van in pic related to do home invasions together in Alderney
>doing stunts in the airport while listening to Electro-Choc
>fucking around with the swingset glitch
>sniping helicopter pilots
>exploring abandoned areas looking for ratman
>car chases with shitheads in public lobbies while listening to LCHC

Grand Theft Auto: Online doesn't hold a candle.
>>
File: 1490859773306.png (55KB, 217x190px) Image search: [Google]
1490859773306.png
55KB, 217x190px
>>380872752
>fucking around with the swingset glitch
>>
File: Michelle-GTAIV.jpg (43KB, 470x694px) Image search: [Google]
Michelle-GTAIV.jpg
43KB, 470x694px
>>380869649
Michelle was actually pretty well done, especially considering Rockstar's track record with GTA female characters. I loved the constant hints about who she truly is.
>>
>>380872129
You are a little baby, listen to this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eukAfV8H7X8
>>
File: microexpressions-disgust.jpg (28KB, 524x336px) Image search: [Google]
microexpressions-disgust.jpg
28KB, 524x336px
>want to drive around normally and respect traffic laws
>when waiting on a red light, cars behind you will honk and try to go around you as if you're blocking the road

Shit AI, dropped
>>
>>380872752
>home invasions
what?
>>
File: 1455930645360.gif (241KB, 300x317px) Image search: [Google]
1455930645360.gif
241KB, 300x317px
>>380872476
>A DESERT EAGLE THAT I CALL BIG PUN

Fuck man that was my jam for shootouts in IV, I forgot how great IV's radio was (especially with the DLC).
>>
File: ratman.jpg (36KB, 928x237px) Image search: [Google]
ratman.jpg
36KB, 928x237px
anyone remember the stupid "myths" people made for IV in the spirit of the SA myths?
>>
>>380872967
Oh shit hell yeahhhh
EIN ZWEI DREI SCHICKE SCHICKE SCHWEINE
>>
File: 1492745825732.gif (2MB, 260x200px) Image search: [Google]
1492745825732.gif
2MB, 260x200px
>>380872864
Was the plastic wrap on everything a hint or actually ocd?

Who /alex'sboytoyforblogmaterial/ here?
>>
Best track coming through

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUQsHCQXVvA
>>
Nobody agrees with me, but if I designed IV or V, I would have significant reduced the main storyline and significantly increased the "random events", adding dozens more, to act as the "main game". These random encounters with citizens, and helping them, fleshes out the game world far more than the boring missions that feel self-contained. Some of the best parts of IV were helping that girl with her drug problem, spying on the guy's wife. The game desperately needed more of those smaller interactions with the world to make it feel more alive.
>>
>>380872864
she has a dating profile on lovemeet called undercoverlover
>>
It's a shame that Vice City FM was only available in the physical version of the DLC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPy0cSJo0-Y
>>
>>380865881
>but hey at least i can mod single player to have some fun

Anon...
>>
>>380873345
I had Vice City FM and I pirated it
>>
File: ivsub.png (579KB, 603x596px) Image search: [Google]
ivsub.png
579KB, 603x596px
>>380872996
RP, I'd park the van on the curb and he would stab whoever was usually standing in front of the house until the police would pursue us. There was no actual "home invasion".
>>
>>380873138
I love how the internet in IV actually had content to it.

>you can get a full wanted level by just typing in a website
>EddieLowFilthSlayer blog which is insane ramblings and taking about his victims
>that website that told you where every encounter was and where every pigeon is
>>
>>380873345
>only available in the physical version of the DLC
i have tlad digital on 360 and it has it. i have gta 4 ddigital too
>>
>>380872846
The lack of swingset glitches in V really hurt the game for me

>>380872987
Have you never driven in a big city before?
Drivers are legitimately that awful.
>>
I honestly don't like this as much as the others but it did have the best cop shootouts:

>best gun sound effects by a mile
>shooting was more fluid and easier than the other games so you can pop off a lot of cops
>unlike V the cops don't have perfect accuracy, and you can sustain more damage, so the shootouts can last for a long time
>taking cover behind police/SWAT cars gives a cool sense of immersion
>a lot of cool sound effects; when you kill a policeman while he's in the car, his head will hit the horn. Niko also has some badass lines like "I've been in a war, this means nothing"
>helicopter light that follows you are says "smile for the camera, hotshot!"

It's the only GTA where being in a police shootout really feels like a rambo movie
>>
>>380873496
http://gta.wikia.com/wiki/Whattheydonotwantyoutoknow.com
it even fucking tells you where window cleaning platforms are
>>
>>380872967
Try this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=167CDjdYGzQ
>>
>>380873247
>significantly increased the "random events", adding dozens more, to act as the main game
Nah, I agree with you. Although these games are very story centric, the Yakuza series is the closest thing to what you describe.
>>
>>380872864
>GTA IV
>Michelle seems genuinely sorry for lying to Niko and is just doing her job
>GTA V
>Michelle is a fucking psycho war on terror caricature

I hated how GTA V forced muh satire on all the characters.
>>
>>380873119
A lot of people shit on it, but I think the soundtrack was really underrated for IV. I reckon they put in the most effort for the selection of tracks after SA. Someone in another thread described it as aiming to sound like what the radio must sound like to someone new to a big city in the USA (NYC in particular), which makes a lot of sense in retrospect.
>>
File: FlyingHighPizza_Site.jpg (2MB, 1006x4031px) Image search: [Google]
FlyingHighPizza_Site.jpg
2MB, 1006x4031px
>>380873496

the internet in IV was damn funny
>>
>>380873541
You aren't going to convince me that drivers in large cities honk and try to go around you while you're waiting on a red light Maybe as soon as the light turns green, but not on a red light.

I just took it as a parody of impatient New York drivers, even though I'm mostly convinced it was actually just overlooked by the devs. Cruising around is much more enjoyable in GTAV because it does away with this bug.
>>
>>380873641
>get max wanted level
>go into the hospital lobby and proceed to have a custard's last stand with the police

Pretty fun. Overall though the gunplay and driving was really unimpressive.
>>
File: ivcopter.png (96KB, 778x426px) Image search: [Google]
ivcopter.png
96KB, 778x426px
>>380873641
"I'M NOT FUCKING KIDDING, ASSHOLE"
>>380872752
How could I forget?
>friend and i would go to Happiness Island to shoot down SWAT helicopters with RPG's
>>
>>380873878
This is great too
>>
>>380873495
i get you 100% brother
we used to do terminator "gametype" where someone would impersonate schwarzenigger and the rest of the lobby would protect a random john connor

gta 5 is autistic in comparison
>>
Favorite TV shows?
Mine was https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjS9ry5hNY0
>>380873247
I think that'd be a really cool idea; you could really play up the strengths of the open world and have little details that tie everything together, and you would have in essence lots of subplots similar in execution to the diamonds subplot. You can even introduce a central villain or villains, do character comparisons, character analyses, character development, and more nuanced social commentary through those little details. And there's a bonus for SJWs as well: there would actually be a reason to have a diverse, multicultural set of writers without being forced, since there would be a potentially limitless set of real life experiences to draw inspiration from, and they could potentially work together and hone all those little details so you would have a far more nuanced Liberty City or Los Santos on the microcosmic level, and social commentary that would be far more nuanced as well, while still retaining the satirical angle we've come to like from these games.
>>
>>380873956
I honestly like IV's soundtrack just a bit more than SA's, might be because I played a lot more of IV but with the DLC it's probably my favorite of the series.

V has some good music but the hip hop stations are a huge step down (plus the lack of the Journey and Jazz Nation Radio hurt it for me).
>>
>>380873956

The Journey and Fusion stations were brilliant and fit the atmosphere so well. Driving around with this was amazing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1gjbtzZ1ik

One thing GTA IV reminds me of is "Second Life" kind of, has somewhat of a similar graphics and atmosphere
>>
>>380874371
I only remember I'm Rich and that Space Army shit
>>
>>380874371

My favorite TV show was the Las Venturas Poker Challenge. It was hilarious how the hosts were trying to hype it up as super thrilling and exciting when it was just a poker game.
>>
>>380873641
I preferred GTAV's shooting after doing a little bit of modding to decrease cop accuracy and behavior, change weapon sounds and handling, and put the euphoria physics back in the game.

I know, that makes it a far cry from the vanilla game but the shooting and cover mechanics are much more fluid in V and combined with these mods it makes for really great shootouts

>tfw you see cops dragging their injured to cover

TECHNOLOGY
>>
>>380874565
REPUBLICAN SPACE RANGERS

>>380874371
Princess Robot Bubblegum because they just fucking know that's why weebs watch those girly animes.
>>
>>380874013
I won't convince you either, but I've driven in Manhattan quite a lot, and I've encountered some drivers that actually honked at me during a red light, and one that was so impatient that he drove across double yellow lines, onto the wrong side of the road, just so he could cut in front of me and leave faster when the light turned green.
>>
>>380874268
That's what I liked about GTA:IV, people were more willing to be creative and improvise with what they had. Turning GTA:O into a pseudo-RPG killed off any chance of that happening.
>>
>>380874785
>Princess Robot Bubblegum
Oh shit that was great
>>
File: gta iv tugboat.png (228KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
gta iv tugboat.png
228KB, 640x360px
>>380874473
>>380874458
Why was The Journey so god tier?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYBTmUGL_QY

>tfw would drive around in the Tugboat during stormy weather at night with this playing:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nq_SpRBXRmE

Fuck I might just go buy the Tugboat in GTA 5 right now.
>>
>>380864207
while also removing all the sim mechanics SA had. IV is shit and V is more like SA.
>>
I hope the next GTA brings the ethnic focus of IV, where each character has their own history (serbian, irish, jamaican, italian) and it's an actual part of their character and lives.
>>
File: 14768626817660.jpg (30KB, 390x364px) Image search: [Google]
14768626817660.jpg
30KB, 390x364px
>worst game in the series thread
>>
>>380863061
it runs fine now, but when it was released it was a hot pile of shit, probably because of rockstars fedora engine being brand new
>>
>>380875009
Get out fag
>>
>>380874851
Yeah, I've seen assholes driving in my time, but those guys are the exception, not the rule. Would be neat if like 1/10 drivers in GTAIV was a douche, or maybe just the taxi drivers. Sadly everyone is like that and it just takes a little bit from the immersion. I guess Rockstar just never imagined someone would want to follow the traffic laws in a GTA game

>>380875009
I agree that IV is one of the weakest GTA games, but
>STOP LIKING WHAT I DON'T LIKE
fag
>>
>>380863974
I remember the first time somebody tried to steal back their car and got dragged down the street hanging form the door handle...

the hype I felt before that game came out still hasn't been topped, its the only game I actually stood in line to get a copy
>>
File: 1443214642720.gif (975KB, 500x253px) Image search: [Google]
1443214642720.gif
975KB, 500x253px
>>380874885
>2010
>get in a full free roam lobby with friendly fire and cops off
>look around the street and notice a guy driving a semi-truck cab
>everyone in the server is in their own car following him around in a single-file parade (15 cars)
>get lucky and spot an infernus to join the parade
>drive all the way from the end of Broker, through the toll booths, across the city of Algonquin and up to the broken-down mansion in Alderney
>Semi-truck cab leads everybody in the server to drive off of the cliff at the mansion
That was some of the most fun I've ever had in any video game, I wish more people these days were willing to come together and do fun shit like that again.
>>
>Michael Graves wants to end the war on terror and make America, and your children, vulnerable to terrorists. Much like those little boys are vulnerable to him.
>>
File: 1262931582389.jpg (36KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1262931582389.jpg
36KB, 640x480px
>Kate dies
>get calls from her after she's dead
>>
>>380864595
I liked it when they gave Nico his Redemption as an easter egg in GTA V where you can read that he now works as an simple, but happy, taxi driver for Roman.
>>
>>380869798
>mfw I didn't know about the boats either and still beat that mission first time easy

I never have trouble with these GTA missions that turn into memes for their supposed difficulty. Did I just get super lucky or does playing on PC give me enough of an advantage that it becomes a cakewalk?
>>
>>380875727
>Nico

Always that one fucking guy
>>
>>380875498

>John Hunter has lost an erection more than once, and disappointed his wife much in the same way he'll disappoint you.
>>
File: 1483165577333.gif (2MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
1483165577333.gif
2MB, 400x225px
>>380875009
What about Chinatown Wars being so underrated that I'm the only one that ever brings it up in any GTA thread ?

>worst

That's a tie between advance and uk
>>
File: 1426858342702.jpg (31KB, 456x320px) Image search: [Google]
1426858342702.jpg
31KB, 456x320px
Every time I listen to JUST or UNJUST now I think of the fucking meme
>>
>>380874371
>History of Liberty City
patrician choice
>>
best radio station coming through
>>
File: 1447479028061.gif (393KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1447479028061.gif
393KB, 500x375px
>tfw just realized Michael never got his boat back in GTA V that Jimmy traded to those gangbangers
>tfw Jimmy never got punished in the slightest for his shit
>>
>>380865627
I've always wondered how the same guy who wrote such an objective well made story with depth and characters who could also be existed in real life, wrote a clusterfuck like GTA V with meme characters where the best written one is a parody of Max Payne (Michael).

I don't even remember why they killed everyone at the end if you choose Ending C, it's like 2 complete different styles but the serious one is well made and the comedic one is just "Schlocky" and in your face like a Adam Sandler Comedy without any subtle humor. Even GTA IV had more subtle and intelligent Satire than the whole "In your face" stuff in GTA V.
>>
>>380872864
>constant hints about who she truly is

There were? Must not have paid attention.
>>
>>380876896
How the fuck is Michael a parody of Max Payne?
>>
People shit on 4 for being boring and too depressing but the parody comedy was on point. In 5 it feels like they are trying way too hard at being extreme caricatures of the subject they are trying to parody, which makes it comes off ass vitriolic whining rather than comedy
>>
>>380876963
When you go to the bar for drinks and you get out only you are drunk and Niko says "I could swear it was just me drinking this stuff"
>>
>>380876963
It's painfully obvious on a second playthrough but I doubt many people caught it first time playing.
>>
>>380876319
MAYBE YOU HAD CLEOPATRA BUT EGYPTIANS LIVE IN TRIANGLES, TETRAHEDRONS N SHIT
A TRIANGLE IS NOT MANLY
>>
>>380866803
the worst is if you've got retarded teammates who don't quit

>last heist on hard(or second to last, cant remember)
>finally manage to complete most of the heist after multiple deaths
>all you have to do is parachute out onto a beach
>everybody manages to land on the beach except one buddy
>he lands in the water
>doesn't know the swimming controls
>drowns 50 feet from the end of the heist

and on top of that almost every time we retried the heist one member of the team would load in back at the apartments in town with the rest of the team spawning up in paleto bay
>>
>>380877029
GTAIV really was aimed at a slightly more mature audience. GTAV is 10 year old level "comedy" and parody but it's amazing to people who thought IV was too subtle (even though IV was already pushing it at times too)
>>
>>380872864
I honestly had 0 clue she and the UL Paper handler were in V until my 2nd playthrough
>>
File: 1262934543407.png (182KB, 297x278px) Image search: [Google]
1262934543407.png
182KB, 297x278px
>>380877242
That show was based
>>
>>380876963
There's some pretty obvious shit.
If you go to her place while they're having sex she says stuff like "Tell me everything about yourself niko..."
>>
Anyone want to make a lobby on PC?
>>
>>380876963
>extremely nosy
>everything in her apartment is brand new
>doesn't drink when Niko does
>asks him to "tell her interesting things" when they're fucking
>>
>>380876998
It felt like one.
>overweight (like Max in Max Payne 3)
>Drunk, prefers Whiskey (like in Max)
>husky voice (like Max)
>has slow motion shooting as a special ability (like Max)

He even wears the same suit in his appearance after the Prologue like Max, he can also wear the same Hawaii shirt (which only he can wear) and can wear a beard and can get his hair cut bold.
>>
>>380877569

It's pretty fucked up the government forced her to have sex with Niko
>>
>>380877029
GTA IV left the comedy for you to discover, but told a serious story. GTA V definitely went overboard, almost everything was there to make a comedic point, not to mention most characters were unlikeable due to being written only for satire.
>>
>>380875727
>Implying that isn't a cover
>Implying Niko didn't take over the entire Liberty City underworld by force so no one he loved would ever be killed again
>>
File: merit.png (604KB, 993x536px) Image search: [Google]
merit.png
604KB, 993x536px
>>380877569
>drives a car that was noted for being used by the police and FBI at the time
>>
>>380877712
>>380877712
Those are just minor superficial homages to Max, their stories and character are nothing alike. I agree with you that most of the writing in GTAV was shit, but I don't see many points connecting Michael and Max. They just lifted the slow-mo shooting from Max Payne because it's a neat feature.
>>
>>380877939
>>380877569
They don't have sex though? She's just asks to hear stories in that exaggerated, sex voice for humor. I thought that was clear from Niko's responses.
>>
>>380864829
wait, there were single player expansions planned?
>>
>>380878357
They were expected, at least. And I think Rockstar said something about it.
>>
>>380878248
>he doesn't understand implied sex in media

Fucking virgins
>>
File: 1496974069555.jpg (24KB, 447x557px) Image search: [Google]
1496974069555.jpg
24KB, 447x557px
>>380876854
>try to get to know the shit head family and can only hang out with Jimmy and Amanda
>everytime you see the family together it always talks to Tracy for some reason yet she says nothing back and she only has story interaction

Either my game was glitched as fuck or they got lazy. I could talk to Amanda and Jimmy when they're with each other and seperate but as stated above it just wouldn't work.
>>
>>380878190
They don't really say, but if that's Niko's canon car, it could have possibly been bugged and that's the reason why she was able to know what Niko was doing thee whole time
>>
>>380868182
I'd switch VC and IV.

VC has more in the way of sandbox fun on top of having memorable characters.

IV plays better, but the content is a bit more sparse.
>>
Why is IV so hated /v/? Give me a breakdown on the main arguments against it.
>>
File: NikoLibertyProfile.png (175KB, 870x522px) Image search: [Google]
NikoLibertyProfile.png
175KB, 870x522px
They did a good job writing his dating profile. Hits all the right notes for things that intrigue women (wants someone to make him feel whole again, implies he sometimes makes the wrong choices which gives him some edge)
>>
>>380878196
Yeah the shooting is nowhere near as good as MP3 because it didn't have it's physics or gun audio. This guy is just plain wrong in comparing any part of V with Max.
>>
>>380878474
It's Michelle's car, Niko doesn't have a canon car.
>>
>>380867569
Johnny was too good for this world. Fuck Trevor, seriously, just fuck Trevor.
I don't hate him that much, but if all I knew about him was that he killed Johnny I'd loathe with passion.
>>
>>380878626
>serious story, not enough silly stuff
>no pizza delivery, ambulance, car import and a thousand other insignificant features from previous games
>not enough things to spend money on
>cars have weight
>>
>>380863137

NO FUCK YOU, CASUAL GUTTER TRASH
>>
>>380877712
Most of those things aren't characteristics exclusive to Max. However, he is like Max in some ways - he wallows in self-pity all the time, has a bitter and cynical outlook, however has a scary determination and will to survive whenever he's pushed. They're both also complete failures who turn into gods whenever they're handed a pistol.
>>
>>380868401
Same. I also kept myself from killing anyone until the mission where you save Roman's ass from a bunch of punks and Niko angrily shouts "I promised I'd never kill anyone in America!"
>>
File: 1475259363477.png (273KB, 1333x717px) Image search: [Google]
1475259363477.png
273KB, 1333x717px
>>380878635
>not posting the superior version written by Roman to lure that faggot out and kill him

Roman is fucking based and I wish the fucking drawanon who made this for me colored it in with details added in background. I was banned many times for telling this stupid oc spamming spic namefag to kill himself and ruined the threads every time for at.least a month or two.
>>
>>380878635
is this his profile from the lifeinvader page easter egg from GTAV?
>>
>>380877316
NAME ONE WOMAN WRESTLER WHO'S ANY GOOD
NAME THE FIRST WOMAN ON THE MOON, AH TRICK QUESTION
NAME ONE WOMAN PRO FOOTBALL PLAYER
HOW MANY WOMEN WROTE SHAKESPEARE'S PLAYS
>>
>>380878248
Ummm anon, are you autistic? Besides, after she comes clean to Niko, he outright calls her a whore for the government.
>>
>>380879216
No pleb it's from Lovemeet
>>
>>380874889
PRB was great in V as well.

I loved how they poked fun at the 2deep4you fags that overanalyse more trashy series. The Otacon cameo was great too.
>>
GTA SA might be my favorite GTA, but Niko is the best protagonist in any GTA by far.
>>
>>380862903
I wish the game wasn't so brown and dark.
Even with mods and enbs the brown undertone still stays.

Only reason why i prefer V, its naturally colorful and it really pops with an enb.
>>
>>380878864
>Watches his friends all succumb to meth
>Eventually succumbs to it himself
>Head smashed in because of it

Biggest shoot the shaggy dog story.
>>
>>380878357
I remember Rockstar mentioning them and Heists back in 2013 and 2014 in their newswire, took them a year and a half to release one and they scrapped the other because of shark cards.
>>
Holy fuck, I've just seen a video about Johnny's side of the mission at the museum and you can actually see Niko shooting. I never noticed that in any of my playthroughs.
>>
File: 1494601607840.jpg (61KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1494601607840.jpg
61KB, 1280x720px
>>380879616
I wish TLaD didn't have that God awful fuzzy filter but I still love it anyway.

>you will never see motorcycle gangs fight each other during races Ben Hur style with baseball bats
>>
>>380878137
I don't know, I just like the idea that he finally can have a peaceful life.
>>
File: 1477686120537.jpg (40KB, 600x603px) Image search: [Google]
1477686120537.jpg
40KB, 600x603px
>>380880025
>I wouldn't want this Niko Bellic coming for me. Guy is deranged
>>
>>380866462
>>380866462
i know i used some of Packie's car bombs for some of the hitman missions
>>
>>380877712
I always found it funny how Mike is supposedly overweight, yet he always does the most physically demanding shit in missions.
>>
>>380878196
It just felt like they would parody Max Payne, Michael even speak depressed stuff all the time, it felt for me like this was insisted.
>>
File: image.jpg (21KB, 350x262px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
21KB, 350x262px
>>380879213
>mfw Roman and Brucie laughing over Niko wanting a "big strong man to hold me at night" while Niko gets pissed off and confused
I forgot how much I liked Roman and Brucie hanging out together, I like in TBoGT when they keep losing their spaghetti at the nightclub and Brucie tried to kiss Luis.
>>
>>380878863
He has Bernie's car.
>>
I wish I could get this game to work on my pc. Nightshadows don't work at all no matter what I do. If I go back to an old version of the game they work and so do other effects (reflections on sidewalks) but the game slows to single digit fps after a few seconds.
>>
File: hissmileandoptimism.png (144KB, 362x447px) Image search: [Google]
hissmileandoptimism.png
144KB, 362x447px
>Niko finding drunk whore
>Giving her money so she can take care of herself
>Find her a second time
>Convince her to do something else with her life
>Give her money again and bid her farewell
>mfw a few days later you get an e-mail from her in which she tells you she's gone back to studying thanks to you

This game might have been the bleakest of the whole saga, but it still had great little moments like this.
>>
>>380875727
I have never felt such a sense of closure and warmth in my life.

Niko didn't deserve the life he was given. Loving anyone always put their life in danger or flat out killed them. He literally couldn't love for the sake of love. It's the only time I've ever sympathized with a killer criminal. His love for Kate and compassion for her will killed her. It's so goddamn tragic. I can't imagine still being able to function after what Niko has been through his whole life.
I pray for those in reality who have a life like his to find redemption and peace as he did.

This world we live in is very heartbreaking and just that one easter egg alone gave me the most hope I've felt in a very long time.
I truly hope love controls this world one day.

/hippie bullshit
>>
>>380878863
Didn't she give him that car as a present though?
>>
>>380880152
He will never find peace since crime and killing is all he's ever known. That's his tragedy.

With that in mind, I really think that Deal is the most fitting ending to the game.
>>
>>380873923
Her real name was Karen, wasn't it?
>>
>>380878917
But those are mostly problems with GTAV.
>>
>>380880246
I swear that it's a necessity for the limo assassination, since it's hard to determine where the target is sitting.
>>
File: image.jpg (43KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43KB, 640x360px
>use Packie for all the heists in GTA V
>hear him tell about how all his brothers are dead or locked up, Kate is dead and he hasn't seen Niko in years
>probably doesn't even have any cash left from his scores and is reduced to robbing from small joints
Packie lived a hard life man, I wish he had a bigger role in 5.
>>
>>380874371
TV Shows weren't subtitled in the Spanish version of the game, and back then I didn't have a good grasp on English so I could enjoy them. I bet if I played the game now I'd have a lot of fun with them.
>>
>>380880494
>tfw the same girl is in a weird cult in GTA V
>>
>>380875956
I've only played on 360 and the only difficult mission I remember was a mission with Phil Bell where he kept running in the middle of a warehouse during a shootout and dying.
>>
>>380875727
He does? I must have missed that Easter Egg.
>>
>>380880676
They are quite literally not.
>>
>>380880878
Packie had a much softer face in GTA IV. Reaaly butchered him in V.
>>
Who do you want to come back for GTA VI?

I'd like President Donald Love to be on the TV
>>
>>380880941
That kind of pissed me off, she was the one character who really deserved redemption.
They made the original encounter like Taxi Driver for a reason and then completely forgot what that was.
>>
File: supplylines.jpg (73KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
supplylines.jpg
73KB, 1280x720px
>>380875956
I'll never understand why pic related never became meme.
>>
>>380880558
No way, one characteristic from Nico is that he holds his word, this choice is as far away from the character as it gets. He kills Dimitri on the boat.
>>
>>380876314
The most most fun and memorable aspect of Chinatown Wars was the drug trafficking.
>>
>>380881209

Yeah but Pegorino being the final villain is such an anti-climax.
>>
>>380880064
You can turn the noise filter off in the options, my man.
>>
>>380876854
Jimmy is such a piece of shit. I wish he could get killed in one ending the same way Roman can.
>>
>>380880878
>Packie loves Black Sabbath and there's this mission where it's always playing for him and he says that's what he wants played at his funeral

Shit I'd play the fuck out of an irish character if they were as well written as he was. Fuck Irish in RDR that guy was funny but way too much of a stereotype even though that was the point.
>>
>>380881331

Wait, how is that a "noise" filter?
>>
>>380881209
>Nico
Did we play the same fucking game?
>>
>>380881098
Assuming it's in Vice City, I'm hoping that the Vercetti family has the city in under it's thumb. Tommy doesn't need to show up, but his gang and mansion do.
>>
>>380877569
She was friends with Majorie. What was she investigating before she met Niko anyway? It's been a while since I've played.
>>
>>380881424
>not knowing what visual noise is
>>
>>380881331
Shit I'm retarded

>>380881237
Yeah it was but the fact they introduced a great female criminal in the first couple missions just to kill her off was more memorable to me than anything.
>>
>>380881285
Both him and Dmitri are unlikely final villains. It's either a snake in the grass or a ruthless mobster who crept up from nowhere. Bulgarin made the most sense.
>>
>>380871315
>can't get them on PS3 anymore
I feel sad, though it's my fault for not playing enough back in 2009/2010 when it was at its peak
>>
>>380881285
I didn't like it either. There are many plot points I would have like to see in IV and not in TBOGT.
I would like to have more Bulgarin in the main game and that you kill him at the end and not an over the top Al Pacino like character as Pegorino was, sure he killed Kate at the marriage because he was pissed, but that doesn't make it enough for me to make him into the big antagonist at the end.
>>
>>380880878
Packie is a fucking scumbag that doesn't know when enough is enough.
Fuck him. His life is hard because he chooses it to be.
>>
File: 1489988313905.jpg (120KB, 1000x500px) Image search: [Google]
1489988313905.jpg
120KB, 1000x500px
>>380880941
Well, fuck me then.
And fuck GTA V.
>>
>>380881516
>Mallorie

Ftfy because Marjorie sounds like an old lady character and didn't exist.
>>
>>380881428
Sorry, Niko with "k" of course.
>>
>>380881209
Yeah, but another characteristic of Niko is that he'll do anything and everything to make his family happy, and the Deal ending is the way in which Niko demonstrates his love for and trust in Roman by finally setting aside his desires for violent revenge in order to secure a happy future for them both, which was the one thing Roman always wanted from Niko.
>>
>>380881602
>>380881696
That was kind of the point; GTA IV tried to be 'realistic' and subvert the crime genre; so who's the final boss? Just some scumbag career criminal. Similar to real life; the criminals at the top aren't sweeping JRPG bosses; they're just slimy mortal men
>>
>>380881602
>Dmitri
>unlikely

He spends the entire game trying to kill Niko.

On top of that, he's the perfect counterpoint to Niko since he has a similar backstory to Niko, but wound up having different ideals.
>>
>>380881917
That, and he was the one who was responsible for destroying Roman's livelihood, which he managed to scrape together with great difficulty, and he was the one who kidnapped and hurt Roman in order to bait Niko out of hiding.
>>
>>380878723
Is Max Payne 3 recommendable? And if so, is playing the original games indispensable to fully enjoy the experience?
>>
>>380877287
>>380873923
She was in V? So this means Roman dead is canon? Fuck, I always chose to kill her instead.
>>
>>380881862
I get that and that's the reason I like GTA IV because it was literally an Urban Gangster Drama which doesn't really fit with the general GTA audience and gameplay style (that's why I've never got postal with Niko and use stuff like rocket launchers in very rare cases).
>>
File: 1493718367086.png (81KB, 800x750px) Image search: [Google]
1493718367086.png
81KB, 800x750px
>On the interview mission if you kill the man with a knife, you won't alert the building and can just walk out
>When you stalk the gangster back to his apartment, turning your cellphone will stop roman from calling you, making so you don't get spotted
>On Ivan the not so terrible, Ivan will drive two different routes, depending on which side you entered on
>On the mission where you have to destroy the compound full of vans, the enemies will stop shooting you if you go near the vans in order to not destroy the product
Still blows me away how impressive this game is.
>>
>>380881862
>>380881917
I love how at the end of the Deal route, when Niko says "Welcome to America," Dimitri curses at him in Serbian and Niko responds by commanding him to speak English. It really shows the differences in their character progression at that point in time; Dimitri's still stuck in his old ways so he speaks Serbian, and Niko has changed because of Roman and his friends, so he speaks English.
>>
>>380881593
>Yeah it was but the fact they introduced a great female criminal in the first couple missions just to kill her off was more memorable to me than anything.
That did piss me off. Honestly, all I remember from Chinatown Wars is the drug dealing; most of the story is lost to me.
As a fun fact, you can actually find criminal records of most CW characters in IV's police database.
>>
>>380882162
How has Romans dead anything to do with Michelles appearance? Michelle lives either way, she is completely out of the story after you first met the U.L. Papers guy.
>>
>>380881792
Again, I haven't played in a long time.
>>
>>380882443
Oh, I thought she was the chick who dies in the last mission if Roman lives
>>
>>380881784
Nurture versus nature my man.

>Packie's dad was a raging alcoholic beat his whole family
>brother's fall into crime because they couldn't pay the bills after he died and they already had ties to IRA
>becomes habitual drug users except in Derrick's case full blown addict
>Francis becomes a holier than thou prick and completely fucks over the family and is a hypocrite
>either one dies usually pick Francis because he's an asshole
>Michael dies in heist
>Gerry gets locked up and no chance of parole
>Kate is the only thing pure in any of their lives and possibly dies

Packie had it rough so fuck yeah he's going to live a hedonistic lifestyle to numb the pain.
>>
>>380875727
where was this easter egg? got any pics for proof?
>>
>>380882631
Nah, that was Kate, the redhead one, the Sister of Packie.
>>
>>380882364
This game has the most subtle and spectacular writing of the whole saga.
>>
>>380882707
Sure, just tip in Google "gta v niko bellic easter egg".
You can see that as Michael if Jimmy sits in the dining room and has his notebook open, he browses the LifeInvader page from Niko, there you can see he wish Roman a happy birthday and that he works as a cab driver for "Roman Bellic Enterprises".
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (203KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
203KB, 1920x1080px
>>380882707
Michael's son's laptop.
It confirms that Niko is still alive in 2013 and that the canon ending is the one where Roman lives.
>>
File: 1497396871169.jpg (118KB, 860x568px) Image search: [Google]
1497396871169.jpg
118KB, 860x568px
>>380880878
>packie

only brits will understand
>>
>>380863061

I have the same issue, it actually ran better on my old PC years ago than it does with my newest rig.
>>
>>380882745
Don't forget, this was the same Niko who lambasted Roman for forgetting how to speak Serbian at the beginning of the game.
>>
File: 1491607663081.png (180KB, 377x311px) Image search: [Google]
1491607663081.png
180KB, 377x311px
Anyone want to get an MP server up?
>>
>>380883230
Of course, that's why I said "subtle". There are like, what over 100 missions in between those two moments?
>>
>>380882745
Would you say it's kino?
>>
>>380882745
I have no idea why the writing took such a nose-dive in V. Was it pressure from the "fanbase"?
>>
>>380883497
After all this time I still don't know what the fuck that means.
>>
File: 1466204432397.png (142KB, 292x257px) Image search: [Google]
1466204432397.png
142KB, 292x257px
>>380863974
>GTA4 first came out
>immediately went to multiplayer
>that actually worked
>GTA Race
>telling everyone over the mic to hit Y to use nitro
>race starts
>everyone is speeding away
>mfw 6 people ditch their cars and get splattered by everyone else as they ragdoll around

I genuinely miss GTA4 and it was my favorite 7th gen game. I really do miss playing its MP when it was in its prime.
>>
>>380882296
Don't forget this mission:
http://gta.wikia.com/wiki/Lure_(GTA_IV)

>There are a number of different ways to kill the man.
Sniping him from the opposite building:
>Shoot the cable dish
By shooting the cable dish right outside his window, he'll get close to the malfunctioning TV and on Niko's sight. Don't take long or he'll sit down again out of sight.
>Calling his number
From the opposite building, see through the sniper rifle's lens his house phone number (is 5455550122) and call him. He'll answer the phone confusing the player with somebody named "Shaniqua". This is a chance to shoot him as he's on sight.
>Shooting his windows
From the opposite building, try shooting any of the glasses from the windows. This will cause him to poke his head out to see what's happening. There's a chance to snipe him.
>Shooting the TV set
From the roof across the target's building, snipe the TV screen. This will also cause him to see outside his window. Snipe him as he does so.
>Shoot him from the fire escape outside his apartment
It is possible to shoot him from above the fire escape of his building, but don't get too close or he'll flee.
>Luring him out from his safehouse
If the player wants to attempt to eliminate the target by making him leave his apartment, there's some options available.
>Dialing the number three times or causing three of disturbances
As listed above, without shooting him will cause the target to flee the apartment.
>Throwing a grenade to the window
The explosion, unfortunately, won't dispose the target but cause him to flee.
>Getting too close to his window
If the player approaches the window by the fire escape and gets too close, he'll attempt to leave.
>>
>>380882943
How you feel if VI opened up with the protag killing Niko like Trevor killed Johnny?
>>
>>380883625
My theory goes along this.
After all the effort the writing was given in IV and due to the general complains people gave over how "dark and serious" this game was in comparison to the rest of the saga, Rockstar took a glance back to their most popular GTAs, SA and VC. SA was exaggerated as hell, so they tried to give people more of that. Unfortunately, while SA knew when to keep its feet on the ground and when not it, V feels too light in tone and despite the darkness of several moments, it's usually played for laughs or with characters that have been used to much for comedic purposes that trying to throw them into a more serious situation feels a little awkward.
>>
File: 300%.jpg (65KB, 500x738px) Image search: [Google]
300%.jpg
65KB, 500x738px
>>380883952
>>
File: 3175928-5998460041-Guts..jpg (284KB, 1479x1100px) Image search: [Google]
3175928-5998460041-Guts..jpg
284KB, 1479x1100px
>>380883952
>>
File: 1320250546720.jpg (94KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1320250546720.jpg
94KB, 1280x720px
>>380883952
I remember when the first trailer for V dropped and retards on GTA Forums were saying this homeless guy was Niko.
>>
>>380862903
I like it how GTA IV ages gracefully, especially if you set it in comparison with games who try a similar tone like GTA IV.
Watch Dogs for example, I like Watch Dogs, but it has a very very boring and bland Revenge story. They tried to hit a similar "Adult" tone like IV but couldn't handled it, at the end Pierce was just boring and bland and the "controversial" themes they tried to hit weren't fully developed, also the side missions doesn't fit in the overall "dramatic" style of the game.
Exactly the same as Mafia III, I thought the whole time I play a "Black" version from GTA IV, everything in this game, from his tone and that it tried somehow to develop a subtle satire (which doesn't works at all). I like Mafia III, I'm fully aware that it's not a good game, but the whole "being a black mass murdering badass without any sign of guilt" makes it for me, but it tried to be GTA IV and failed.

So if you set such games in comparison, IV still sits on the throne.
>>
>>380883952
What was the point of that? Was it supoosed to establish what a badass Trevor was?
There's nothing badass about kicking a methhead's brains out.
Was it supposed to be comedic?
Killing a beloved character hardly seems so.
Was it supposed to be sad?
Kind of weird, but I guess that worked. Somehow.
>>
>>380884549
That looks nothing like Niko.
>>
>>380884720
Not sure if it's just that he's got on the same jacket as Niko, but it was most likely a troll.
>>
Is Niko the most badass main character in the franchise?
>>
File: 1497690002445.png (728KB, 1165x1075px) Image search: [Google]
1497690002445.png
728KB, 1165x1075px
Post yfw you saw this trailer for the first time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDw3fiZorUw
>>
>>380868401
>tfw I didn't do any of the dates and killed Kate for the sake of keeping Roman alive and romance dead
>>
>>380885153
I loved how in the museum the two other guys thought Niko was just some unstoppable monster.
>>
>>380885153
At least the only well written one where you can believe that such a guy actually exists somewhere.
>>
File: 2.jpg (55KB, 494x494px) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
55KB, 494x494px
>>380863974
i still need the multiplayer achievements for the 360. anyone ITT up for that? it would backwards compatible on the one
>>
>>380885153
That probably goes to Claude, but mostly because he's a voiceless psycho, where other characters had some form of conscience.
>>
>>380863414
SA had the best driving, but 5 has the absolute worst, 4 is way better than 5 even though its weird as fuck
>>
>>380874914
5 has no sim mechanics, u dont know what your saying
>>
>>380869742
I just like Niko reflecting after killing an irrelevant, pathetic old mobster.
>You did it
>Did I? What did I do?

>You won, man. You won!

It's just so bitter and anticlimactic. I think it suits the game much better. Kate is basically a blood sacrifice, as an innocent and (possibly) virgin, for everything Niko did ingame.
>>
>>380882110
It's got great gameplay but story suffers a bit but the finale is worth it just because of everything he's been through in previous games and 3.
>>
File: 1475753908175.jpg (87KB, 732x549px) Image search: [Google]
1475753908175.jpg
87KB, 732x549px
Am I the only one who genuinely liked the grounded and more realistic approach GTAIV had? The gunplay while not the most satisfying was still enjoyable, you had to burst fire your assault rifle and smg if you wanted to hit anything and the game didn't feel scripted and more physics based. There was no minigun or jetpack that I actually liked not in the game.

I liked how the map was huddled together with overarching buildings and multiple layers of streets, buildings and highways you can jump down from giving you some creativity in how you traveled on foot. I'm sad most players hated GTAIV for this exact reason and I doubt Rockstar will ever try something like this again in a GTA game.
>>
>>380864958
>loading
>loading
>loading
>loading
so much fun
>>
>>380865507
Kibbutz brothers were GOAT
>>
>>380886130
I preferred the shooting in IV over V, which felt like a dumbed-down version of the shooting from MP3 with all of the 'oomph' taken away from the guns. Everything feels way too accurate in V, and the constant tracers on every bullet are annoying.
>>
>>380873495
My brother was a good guy and would play news reporter while I ran people over with my car. We were kids, it was fun.
>>
>>380862903
https://youtu.be/1SEgoi7kjw8
>>
>>380886061
That's cool. I personally liked the Deal ending for moments such as "Welcome to America!" and the subsequent interaction >>380882364, Niko's speech to Dimitri on why he lost, and this interaction between a distraught Niko and Jacob:
>Roman never hurt anyone.
>I know. I know.
and the way Jacob's voice loses that Jamaican accent and becomes subdued when he says "I know." Finally, when Jacob says
>Let's go. It's over. You won.
I love the way Niko just blankly stares at him and the game ends.
>>
>>380886130
GTA V is just dumbed down in so many ways
>aiming is super easy, even on console autoaim means you can pull off 20 headshots in a row
>ragdolls and other physics dumbed down
>less interaction with the world, can't pick shit up off the ground and throw it
>pedestrian AI is simpler and they die in one bullet instead of being injured
>most of the map is empty space
>IV has way more interiors

IV would have been better with planes, car modding and a few other things but for the most part it's 100% better than V
>>
>>380886932
Don't forget the bullshit police AI
>>
>>380886932
>>aiming is super easy, even on console autoaim means you can pull off 20 headshots in a row
its been like this with every rockstar game since gta 4.

but i agree it was way to easy on 5. on 4 there was at least a bit of a stiff kick to it, on 5 you just literally lock on and pull the stick up.
>>
>>380873242
This came on while I was driving around with my gf once and we both enjoyed it. I don't think I told her where I knew it from, though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Vz_01o6Nao
>>
>>380887040
that too

why the fuck did they put silencers in the game if they're still going to spawn police in the middle of the desert when you kill somebody with it?
>>
>>380885720
I would my dude but I'm not paying to get gold.
>>
>>380886808
That's one of the things that makes IV so unique. Many games have such anti climatic stuff in it and they never ever mentioned it, the Deal is completely anti climatic to Nikos loyal character, but instead to "just ignores it", they actually make him suffer more from this decision against all his own morals and at the end he gets a way more dramatic ending than if he would just kill Dimitri.
>>
>>380885720
I mean I have IV on the 360 and need those achievements too, but I've never touched the multiplayer before, so I wouldn't know how anything works. I have tons of experience in the single player though. Shame considering how good the multiplayer apparently was.
>>
>>380874905
>that robotic voice:

>It's not your imagination, everyone thinks you are weird.
>This is all the idea of someone else, it was not a good one.
>>
>>380885306
Why was the pause music so weird?
>>
>>380869798
>>380871660
This is what is missing from gta5. Fucking options in an open world game are dead. Its no more shootout and escape, its shootout, jump in this car unless you want mission failed, drive over this ramp unless you want mission failed, drive to this location where we play a cool cinematic cut scene unless you want mission failed. Then they have the balls to tell you hey wasnt that fun? Fuck no it wasnt because it was some on rails bullshit the whole time.

I miss open world games letting you deal with shit in different ways.Look at this fucker >>380872270
who thought his way was the only way and missed out on some cool hallway shootouts because he had an actual brain unlike my dumb arse. Shooting out a window and avoiding the fight, taking a boat or a car. Now we get missions where you cant end a chase early by shooting the enemies tires despite that making the most sense because you can only kill them at this prechosen location. Playing a mission and the car chases are made to feel so cinematic its jarring, constant "big" car crashes out of nowhere, traffic all of a sudden acting out of place from what it normally does to give you that car chase feel. Give me normal free roaming shit instead of these instanced missions where everything i do is restricted.

Gta5 was a linear game with a pretty open world on the side that you cant use or do anything with in a mission without getting the failure notification
>>
>>380881143
Probably because it was an optional mission and as soon as people noticed that, they stopped caring altogether.
>>
>>380881209
He SAYS he holds his word, but he rarely does.

>get drunk with Michelle
>"It's fun, y'know?"
>>
>>380887420
Duels in the Multiplayer were so much fun.
>hide in the subway tunnels
>friend positions outside on a large building
>I step forward, he misses the shot
>I throw a grenade, apparently have only a pistol and one grenade.
>grenade just kills citizens
>police comes after me, behind me and in front of me
>fuck, I must ran
>I ran, friend tries to shot me, but shot the police officer behind me because I've rolled away into the next hide
>friend has now 3 stars
>enough time to flee, I spring into the water and captures a boat
>friend fights with the police
>I lost the star and get a helicopter to kill him
>fuck, friend lost his stars and captured an helicopter with machine guns
>I die

Good times, good times.
>>
>>380887824
IV has these
>>380882296
>>380883947
too
>>
GTA IV >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> GTA V
>>
File: 1491496782501.jpg (99KB, 1300x866px) Image search: [Google]
1491496782501.jpg
99KB, 1300x866px
>>380883952
Uninstall, refund, Columbine Rockstar HQ
>>
>>380883952
I want VI to end with the new character having to choose between Niko or Franklin, and no bullshit third option this time.
>>
>>380868778
i played gta5 on ps4 and i fuckin knew that duckiong mechanic wasnt there at launch! i played the whole game last gen and i dont recall it at all
>>
Why do people even like rockstar? GTA IV's port was dogshit, niko's voice actor got fucked over, red dead redemptions code was so bad they couldn't port it to pc, they only focus on the online mode because it gets them money, they've completely fucked modding and so on
>>
>>380887824
In GTA III, VC and SA I'd always use weird tactics like setting up roadblocks to stop fleeing cars, jumping onto otherwise unreachable platforms by using vehicles, and taking cover behind low walls and in alleyways that could be used as chokepoints. I think the way missions are now interspersed with cutscenes and checkpoints ruined a lot of potential to do these things in later games.
>>
>>380871283
>finish mission
>sliver of health left
>walking back home to save game
>see hot dog guy across the street
>walk over to him to wake up with full health tomorrow
>dont look both ways when crossing
>car bumps me
>wasted

i just laughed. Small shit like that was gold
>>
>>380879616
But it's New York.
>>
>>380888241
That's not really a choice, Franklin's the most boring piece of shit to ever be called a protagonist.
>>
>>380885153
He's the only main character with actual military experience in a pretty blood war unlike the others who are just run of the mill criminals.
>>
>>380881048
It's five years later, though.
>>
>>380888438
t.Ray Liotta

Ray I really liked you in Place Beyond The Pines because I thought you were dead and you have fair points but they made great games. If RDR2 is anything like V my faith will be like yours Ray but now I'm cautiously optimistic.
>>
>>380881048
you'd probably look pretty rough if your whole family were wiped out and you had to flee your home to commit crime across the country.
>>
>>380888535
>>380888029
The game is no longer X is your target, take him out however you want and the world just reacts naturally to what youre doing. You can stab a guy in an office and walk out and characters will react naturally because the game isnt scripted for you to have a big shoot out if you can avoid it.

Cutscenes and checkpoints (and mission skips oh god) have ruined this nice variability in missions. You dont have anons sitting in gta5 threads figuring out years later that they could have taken a completely different approach to the game because its one size fits all
>>
>Eddie Low is still out there...waiting
>>
>>380883947
It's funny how this was ripped from a flash stickman sniper game, pretty sure.
>>
>>380889296
Those random encounters were so much better.
>>
>>380862903
worst gta out of them all, only played it for the narrative, then threw it into the garbage.
>>
reminder that three leaf clover is best mission
>>
>>380874885
>play gta4 race at the airport
>at one point at the end of the runway you hit a barrier and do a huge jump
>theres a floating barge thats not that big
>land in water and respawn at the end of the runway
>instead of doing the race attempt to make it onto the barge again
>miss and just respawn in the runway facing it
>try again
>eventually whole lobby is trying it
>cars all flying off the ramp to land
>land on barge and become king of the hill
>others land and engage in a war to push each other off while new cars fly onto the barge blowing people the fuck out
>be king of hill and witness 4 porsches in mid air flying towards you to take your throne

Holy fuck it reached a point where we would continue to do this and set up that race just to keep doing it for weeks on end.

Peoples creativity is what made gta4 shine. Where game modes were an attachment to the free roam not the other way around
>>
>>380883320
s-source
>>
>>380867072
I get 60 FPS 1080 on a 970. What's wrong with your 1070 or are you using a pentium 4 with it?
>>
>>380889946
Personally I think it's "That Special Someone" for a lot of the reasons described in this thread, but in terms of gameplay, it'd indeed be that or this mission
>>380883947
>>
>GTA Wiki lists every named character killed by other named character
>Niko has like 100 kills
Slavic Grim Reaper, I loved it
>>
>>380890360
Anon what the fuck
>>
>>380880941
why did they feel the need to shit on all people gta4 in 5? peopel didnt like the game so the best way is to talk shit about every single aspect of it just like that? sad
>>
>>380890436
>You harbinger of death!
>>
File: darko.jpg (9KB, 200x299px) Image search: [Google]
darko.jpg
9KB, 200x299px
Darko really looks like he can be Niko's heroin addict twin. It's really unsettling the more you look at him
>>
>>380890436
>Niko "John" Slawick
>>
I think most people shit on IV because they were
A) Casuals
or B) Uncomfortable with feels and wanted to fit in, and didn't actually expect Rockstar to go full retard with V.
>>
>>380883754
>>380883754
>how do shoot helicopter guns
>press triangle
>watch as his body falls from the sky

hearing a whole lobby laugh for an entire match is something special
>>
>>380890360
Barnyard
>>
>>380883947
>throwing a grenade in the window
reminds me of that one fucking mission from GTA 3
>>
>>380886130
that pic you posted goddamn. Nothing that comfy in gt5. Gta4s starting city was so good and cosy, the stores, trains, cosntruction sites, projects. The city up north too my god so comfy. the only let down was the last city.
>>
>>380887152
>shoot couple in the woods with silence gun
>police heliciopter in 3..2..1

for what purpose?
>>
>>380891168
Well that was New Jersey so it wasn't really meant to be anything other than Wopland.
>>
>>380890671
it was probably intentional
>>
>>380891168
I swear that the only reason that the assassination contracts were exclusive to Alderney was to get some use out of the island.
>>
>>380889774
random encounters that were actually encounters with multiple phases and fun were 10x better than what we got in 5. Marathons against some crazy bitch? The same ATM robbery over and over?
>>
File: maxresdefault (6).jpg (58KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (6).jpg
58KB, 1280x720px
>>380891409
On that note, I really hope they bring back the Mafia in the next one.

I've also REEALLY been hoping for a '70s Liberty City in the same atmosphere as Taxi Driver if/when they go back there.
>>
>>380891290
There's actually a bug in the game that makes animals call the cops on you, because they're treated the same as any other NPC in the game code and there's a certain chance they'll inform the police.

I'm pretty sure there's a threshold number of people you can kill before triggering a wanted level, regardless of the animals though. Both these issues can easily be fixed with mods.
>>
>>380891409
>>380891449
It got some use in the lost and damned but it really was a let down. Should have just been another cool city or removed and made the remaining cities bigger.

>driving around in bohan projects doing missions for a crazy drug dealer
christ it was just so fun being broke and having to deal with these psychopaths
>>
>>380886932
For every little detail that IV did better, there's a little detail that V did better. Not sure why we can't have the best of both worlds, but I remember watching that Youtube video titled "GTA IV is better than GTA V" and thinking what bullshit it was. There was a video response titled the opposite that shows the things V did better and I'd say they're pretty much even.

Best part is, you can bring back most of those IV features to V with mods. Or not anymore with all the recent mod bullshittery from Rockstar? Eh, there'll be ways to mod a pirated version I'm sure.
>>
>>380891589
>bring back the mafia
>crazy wacky character kidnaps the dons wife
>lol suck my dick faggot

I think the mafia works when theres some serious aspect to the story. Its hard to have a mafia when you have meth smoking wacky dudes who eat human brains etc. I dont think mixing the two is a good idea.

>>380891608
Yeah i felt at times it went from animals calling police vs a threshold where one more kill is when they come and as long as you kill fewer than 3 people on the beach we dont care.

Also hated the whole cops lose sight of you and you hide but somehow they all home in to your location even if youre in a desert or forest.
>>
File: images (2).jpg (13KB, 289x174px) Image search: [Google]
images (2).jpg
13KB, 289x174px
'70s Liberty City would be a GTA-fantasy.
>>
>>380891945
>things V did better

gta4 was released on the ps3 when no one knew how to work the fucking thing. To brag about shit you can do better a generation later is a fucking joke and should have been standard. That there were things removed is what makes no sense. Small features like being able to walk inside a burger shot make no sense leaving. Hand to hand combat turning into one punch kills. Some of these things should have been imrpoved upon or just left as is but somehow we get them actively removing features
>>
File: TLmSNpFX5W2RAOc1FjjL_1082133114.jpg (129KB, 721x480px) Image search: [Google]
TLmSNpFX5W2RAOc1FjjL_1082133114.jpg
129KB, 721x480px
>>380892263
One not for ants.
>>
>>380892284
>a generation later

What?
>>
>>380892368
>That one lady who's like this shit is nuts
>>
>>380892368
>>
File: New York City in the 1970s (10).jpg (429KB, 1492x1022px) Image search: [Google]
New York City in the 1970s (10).jpg
429KB, 1492x1022px
>>380892460
>>
>>380892385
oh shit it came out on ps3 too i completely forgot after the double dipping
>>
Did the recent Steam patch fix it? It ran like dogshit on my 970 compared to my old PC with a 660. I haven't tried since it got patched.
>>
File: New York City in the 1970s (45).jpg (151KB, 999x749px) Image search: [Google]
New York City in the 1970s (45).jpg
151KB, 999x749px
>>380892557
Last one.
>>
>>380881681
I got them on the ps3 one year ago, did they shut the servers or something?
>>
File: 8687.jpg.CROP.original-original.jpg (232KB, 1065x721px) Image search: [Google]
8687.jpg.CROP.original-original.jpg
232KB, 1065x721px
>>380892667
I lied.

Seriously, just Google "70s New York", it's literally the perfect setting and GTA hasn't done a period piece in awhile.

I also want Las Vegas and/or London again. Maybe even Detroit or Chicago, but meh.
>>
>>380892368
>>380892460
>>380892557
>>380892667
fuck this would be great but you just know it would never happen.

If it did it would have the issue i have with all gtas where they start super comfy in the pics you posted doing missiosn for the local drug kingpin to cap a guy and end with you in the white house taking out the president. I just wish the early game for gta lasted so much longer before they take you flying to the top because thats where its most comfy. Capping a single guy after a foot chase just feels so much better than mowing down 40 guys in a building.
>>
>>380892925
Less is more.

It feels like no big-name developers get this even though even normies would agree. They actually ask the normies what they want as if they know.
>>
>>380892368
>tfw we'll never get this because neo-rockstar would never ditch their DLC with new and cool weapons/cars or their smartphone feature.
>>
>>380888612
You know saving restored your health, right?
>>
File: 00178v.jpg (508KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
00178v.jpg
508KB, 1024x683px
No, he's dead, we're fine.
>>
>>380892820
'70s Vegas and NYC combined would be the greatest.
>>
>>380893270
Yeah, good thinking. Save Vegas for the 2nd or third act and open the airport for free-roam purposes. Just do it like The Godfather and have your guy work for a big mob family that has connections in both cities.

Wow, that was hard. If only we had the kind of money Rockstar does.
>>
>>380893049
We're told we want big cinematic car chases after robbign the biggest bank in los santos when the drug deal gone wrong missions with lamar were so much more fun. Running across rooftops and shooting guys to get into your shitbox of a car and drive like mad beats big cutscenes of cool and getting into your infernus to drive off into the sunset.

Making me feel like playing bgta4 up to the algonquin missions once more. Also the entire island being unlocked from day 1 in gta5 was a mistake. Do you remember that sense of awe as you drove into algonquin for the first time at night? That sense of progression and your character moving up in the world was lost

>>380893086
it was very early on, learned later unfortunately. Still funny to me though
>>
>>380893636
>Running across rooftops and shooting guys to get into your shitbox of a car and drive like mad
That's why "The Long Stretch" was my favorite mission in GTA V; it even gave us the best action-y mission music in the game
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cETBCvKnu0Q
>>
>>380893427
>>380893270
I still think they fucked up by only having 1 city. The map would have been better had it been los santos in the south, big deserts and forest up north and on the other end of this is say san fierro. A city with a completely different feel and vibe. San andras and gta4 all had at least 3 different cities with distinct feelings and different vibes
>>
>>380891168
I just hate Californian settings of any kind.
>>
>>380893948
lol thats the exact mission i had in mind as i typed. Something about its mix of humor, small scale stuff, the action, the local feel. Somehow beats all other big bank robberies with tanks
>>
>>380894170
And on top of all that, it still had the subtle writing we missed from GTA IV; there's one interaction where Lamar takes point, he gets jumped, and then he says
>Next time, you goin' first though, fool
and Franklin responds with
>Shit nigga, then we all be dead!
When Stretch says
>Not me, nigga
that's your first inkling that he's in cahoots with the Ballas. This is one of those in-the-heat-of-combat exchanges that's easily missed the first time around.
>>
File: 97.jpg (43KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
97.jpg
43KB, 640x480px
Anyone else have issues with constantly restarting this game to "get it right"? Or am I just OCD?
>>
>>380895114
They really dropped the ball with gta5. To salvage it i would have done at least a good 15 missions as franklin gangbanging alone, setting up most of south los santos before transitioning to michael and then later trevor. The other characters were introduced too early and you got spread too thin across them all. intertwining their stories like the diamond heist in gta4 would have been a nicer touch, guys whos paths keep crossing but arent really in cahoots with each other until the very end for the big missions.
>>
>>380873923
Atleast she was hotter.
>>
File: buffalobill.jpg (46KB, 639x342px) Image search: [Google]
buffalobill.jpg
46KB, 639x342px
>>380895374
What do you mean get it right? You mean not dying during missions?

>Goodbye Horses begins to play
>>
>>380865256
That's not best song.
https://youtu.be/m0CAJqCT5ds
>>
>>380896034
BEN RAMA
TRASHH PEEPAL

NO SEX NO SEX FA BUN RAMAA
>>
>>380895819
I mean timing missions in a satisfying way/having them take place at the right time of day, etc. Not crashing my car, following most laws, only stealing cars/killing people when I feel it's necessary, walking instead of running most of the time, etc.
>>
>>380896358
gta6 meditate option when???? I want all my criminal activity at night now
>>
>>380896502
What is a meditate option?

I really hated the time fast-forward thing they do in GTA V. They should just have you come back another time or something more satisfying than that, continuity-wise.
>>
>>380884549
This and that black guy being chased by cops was cj
>>
>not playing a full autistic 100% chronological playthrough where you change clothes between missions, have a regular sleep cycle and obey the rules of the road (to a degree)
>>
>>380896805
>not playing pacifist Niko where you only shoot people in the arms and legs to pacify them, and let them walk away whenever they surrender
>>
>>380895448
Definitely, also I forgot to add that the depth to Franklin's character that I talked about in
>>380868534
and I wished was expanded upon shows itself in "The Long Stretch" as well; the combat dialogue I speak of is in this mission
>Man, pop me and get it over with
>Man, I deserve to get booked
>>
>>380896717
>pause game
>meditate
>choose hour of the day you wish to wake up

Yeah i like arriving in the dead of night to start rather than the time fast foward, might sound weird but it adds to the immersion of the game when you arrive at night all dressed and armed ready to roll out to rob a place.
>>
>>380897316
I should add that this mission isn't the only place where this type of dialogue shows up, but the ones I quoted are specific to this mission, more may show up if you play again.
>>
>>380897125
>he doesn't disarm his foes with the baseball bat
>>
>dress characters up perfectly
>THEY KEEP CHANGING CLOTHES BY THEMSELVES
>>
>>380896034
Shit song.
>>
>>380897612
this is the most annoying thing about V. every time you switched characters it happened.
>>
Who /IF99/ here?
>>
>>380897765
t. ben
>>
>>380897316
>>380897516
Gta5 disappointed me so much. I still get sad when i think about it now. All they learned from gta4 shoudl have been combined into a new setting and improve thigns instead they went back on story and development and even fucked up the missions as they now playout as scripted events where you cant deviate from their chosen path.
>>
>>380897612
>>380897825
>dress character
>save game and go to work
>come back from work
>character wearing a dress and 2 star wanted level

AHAHAHAHAH SO FUNNY! fuck this shit goddammit
>>
>kill jew peds
>drop 4-5 more cash bundles than ordinary peds

Are R* OUR GUYS
>>
>>380897847
KICK IT QUIT IT KICK IT QUIT IT KICK IT QUIT IT
>>
>>380896805
>Not playing autistic slob Niko and wearing Claude's outfit from 3 everyday except missions where it's mandatory to change outfit
>>
>>380897606
>take care of a bunch of enemies
>last guy left at full health
>exit cover, shoot him in the feet and legs so he can't attack
>knock him down with the bat and beat him unconscious
The best feel. Also,
>guy wakes up and limps away in surrender
>knock him down with the butt of the bat
>>
>>380898378
>not muting the game everytime niko talks for that authentic claude experience
>>
>>380898031
I thought it was pretty cool the first time around, and I wanted to see which event would happen each time I switched, but they started to become annoying when the events began to repeat themselves.
>>
>>380898418
gta needs more early game missiosn with meelee and combat weapons. That shit is so underrated especially with the games physics. Have it take place near a staircase for maximum fun
>>
They really ruined Lazlow in V. Lazlow was the first radio I turned to when I got in the car in IV, but he was an annoying dumbass in V.
>>
>tfw I lazily started this thread and left it alone for like an hour or so.

And they say people don't care about GTA IV.
>>
>>380898571
They ruined basically every character they took from IV in V
>>
>>380898576
It's been five hours you liar.
>>
>>380898543
At first it was like neat theyre going about their day in their pyjamas but when its your 10th time seeing the same thing you just wish theyd keep their damn pants on for it. Should have had the frequency of it happening decreased significantly or at least have it stop once each scenario played twice
>>
>>380884701
It was to show how unstable and crazy he was I think
>>
>>380898458
Touch'e
>>
>>380898618
Lazlow's been around for awhile... Also he was always an annoying dumbass, but he was handled much funnier in IV, that's for sure.

How the fuck did they even go from RDR to V? Such a stark contrast, even if Red Dead was "gamier" than 4.
>>
>>380898701
I participated at first, then fucked off. Been back for awhile now.
>>
>>380898576
>love gta4
>enjoy this thread
>it only happens at 5am local time

Why do my countrymen hate this game so much? it had its issues but it was a gem imo and doesnt deserve the hate it gets around here. I migjt just keep working at this shift for more comfy gta4 threads.

>snow storm had boats to escape in
fucking hell im still amazed
>>
>>380898815
i think diff studio made the RDR didnt they? It doesnt matter now, we'll never get anything outside gta and the occasional RDR which will be gtaonline; cattle cards edition most likely.

Gta's success killed any chance of new midnightclub/bully/manhunt etc. Gta onlines success killed any chance of good RDR sequels. Its over
>>
>>380898946
Are you Asian, mate?
>>
>>380899305
strayan
>>
File: 1446058590494.gif (1MB, 300x220px) Image search: [Google]
1446058590494.gif
1MB, 300x220px
>>380892925
>>380893049
If they made the game first person and took inspiration on the gunplay from a game like RO2 then I could see this being very fun. Some mechanics would be needed to make the game interesting, like ditching SNS pistols after holding up a store, or one star meaning the police will only try to question you. Fuck, a 70's GTA would be a literal dream come true.
>>
>>380898576
Thanks for that; I've been meaning to gather proof to support my opinion that GTA IV had superb writing overall and this thread helped out quite a lot.
>>
>>380899763
>get arrested
>dont lose your guns anymore

wheres the thrill? Being shot to death by cops should count as being taken in by the cops imo. Then when you come out youre stripped of all weapons and armor. This would reintroduce the thrill back into cop chases and shootouts. Ditching guns after a robbery would be great or keeping it but getting more starts after each crime you commit with it. Small aspects like this can increase the fun but when players are adding thermal scopes to their knives its not going to happen.
>>
Any of you ppl have key for GTA IV on steam or something? I want to play this game so freaking hard but PS3 version is so bad for me.
>>
>>380899763
>70's GTA

Not GTA but I'd consider it more Bully because of the melee combat but play The Warriors.
>>
>>380892649
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE FUCKING ANSWER MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>380900758
>REEEEE
You have to go back
>>
>>380900758
sorry mate i dunno. I torrented gay tony to play it one more time after i sold my ps3, i have a 4670 with a 7970 and it ran like butter. Im not good with computers, my friend helped build mine so i dunno what thesen umbers mean but i hope it helped
>>
>>380900865
Great, I got my guaranteed (You).

>>380901009
There was a patch that allegedly fixed performance issues with cards that had > 2 GiB of VRAM but I don't know if it actually worked or not and my connection is too poor right now for me to download it and risk being disappointed.
>>
>>380901136
Though i will say that playing it on pc felt so different to pc. Textures, draw distance, resolution. It feels brand new and now im keen to try out gta4from the beginning
>>
>>380901305
I see.

If you're playing a cracked copy the unpatched won't let you complete one mission if you're above 60 FPS:
>Fixed a bug which made completing “Out of Commission” mission impossible when frame rate exceeds 60fps.

My solution before the patch was the spam the necessary key on my keyboard while also spamming on my controller. That worked. Just a tip.
>>
>>380898776
That I get, but why the need to kill a previous protagonist? You could have put anyone there and it would have sent the same message.
>>
Who else loved going to the gun stores and examining every weapon for a few seconds enjoying the animations before buying them?
>>
>>380901756
>guys remember how people didnt like gta4???
>well FUCK gta4!!!

Sad really. A nice character that was turned into a whiny bitch being cucked and still asking for her back. If your gta4 character appeared expect them to get shit on. Glad niko didnt make an appearance
>>
>>380862903

>playing with friends smoothly on GTAIV's online mode.

>short and sweet loading times
>it was so new, finally an online gta game
>shoot each other with rocket launchers and 0 damage so we could get blown away over and over
>server browser
>join random sessions and fuck shit up with your buddies

It was so simple, so good.
GTA 5's online is so clunky, full of loading times, everyone using the same cars and weapons(at least back when I was still playing).

Just a year ago I put my GTA IV blu ray on my ps3 just to try it after years of not touching it, the only still worked, people were still playing, minimal lag, it was so fun.
>>
>>380901627
oh thanks for that though i might just buy it off steam, its quite cheap now
>>
File: 1385315387993.jpg (85KB, 321x362px) Image search: [Google]
1385315387993.jpg
85KB, 321x362px
>>380901968
Did people really not like Gta IV?
>>
>>380902083
Yah, but because it was/is a technical unoptimized mess that belongs in the trash
>>
>>380901970
gta4 online was the perfect definition of drop in and out fun.

>join game 4yrs after release
>choose type of free roam you want
>friendly fire, guns, cops, city
>play
You then proceed to play an actual gta game, steal cars, pick up guns and have a blast.

Gta5 online turned into a grinding mmo. There is no such thing as pick up and play fun because the fun supposedly starts when you start making milliosn so until then grind or buy shark cards. Everything is instanced with load times out the arse. Its almost as if it discourages casual play. Youll never get the urge to put in gta5 for some quick run around with friends years from now while that is exactly what you and i did for gta4. Its a damn shame and because they made so much money off it theyll never go back
>>
>>380902083
I absolutely loved it but lets not pretend it wasnt flawed. The game was a huge shift in direction from previous games and tyou can tell from how much of a change gta5 did to bring back those customers. I still loved it and i think its quite embarassing to sit around trashing your previous game to appease people for your new one
>>
GTA IV was a helluva lot more fun that GTA V

Put V's driving physics in IV's and it'd be golden.
>>
>Play GTAIV online free roam
>Get 5 stars
>Drive to other players for the sole reason of dragging swat and shit to other them
>Like to imagine/hope a load of swat just wasted somebody that only had 1 star
>>
only found a few people playing og GTA4 online recently. fun, but bigger games were way more fun.
>>
File: rockstar shark cards.png (291KB, 680x383px) Image search: [Google]
rockstar shark cards.png
291KB, 680x383px
Have you all remembered to buy Shark Cards in GTAV like good little boys and girls?

Remember: If you don't buy them Rockstar will die because they are struggling to stay afloat after giving you all SO MUCH free DLC for GTA Online.
>>
>>380903125
fuck off kikestar.
>>
>>380903075
>join game
>everyone in times square
>grab shit car
>grenades
>drive around back and forth through timesquare with a friend dropping grenades
>not aiming to kill but just epxlode shit around the place
>entire lobby screaming as we drop the frame rate of the game to single digits

oh god explosions in gta4 were fun especially when you didnt die instantly from them but had a chance of surviving. My most hated feature of gta5 is the not surviving explosions with a sliver of health if you were just outside the kill range. They have dead and perfectly healthy zone and its sad
>>
Knife > Bat
Combat Pistol > Pistol
SMG > Mirco SMG
Combat Shotgun > Pump Shotgun
M4 > AK-47
Combat Sniper > Sniper Rifle

Why were weapons so unbalanced?
>>
>>380903468
>using the m4 over ak47

IMMERSION RUINED
>>
>>380903571
To be fair those two are pretty balanced. I always had the impression than the AK's bullets were more powerful but the M4 was more precise.
>>
>>380903571
I prefer literally all the starter weapons.
>>
>>380864708
Don't every member of Nico's group had eyebrow scar? You can see one on Drako too.

I thought it was symbol of their "brotherhood".
>>
File: 1363686523110.png (27KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1363686523110.png
27KB, 400x400px
>>380904156
>Nico
This reminds me of weebshit, stop
>>
>>380903783
to be fair youre right on the combat pistol, it was just all around better. I would have liked different variations with reasons for using each. I used the appropriate gun for appropirate missions though,. If im gangbanging im using an SMG over the uzi.

>>380904062
depends on the scenario i found
>>
>>380904062
>end game gta
>standing holding my m4 outside my algonquin apartment and infernus
>realise i preferred the pistol and my ghetto roach filled apartment back in bohan with whatever shitty car i had stolen that day parked outside
>>
>>380904321
I used the Uzi if I ever had to shoot from the car. If only by the sound it looked more powerful and blowing up cars takes stronger firepower.
>>
>>380904449
It always happens to me in every GTA. First I love the slow progression upwards, but once I'm there I start craving the days of old when you got paid 200$ for killing 11 people. I have to force myself not to start over again, every time.
>>
>>380903468
They are balanced. The second tier weapons are supposed to be better
>>
>>380904463
>cars take a million bullets to catch fire in gta5
>hardly ever see shit explode outside of sticky bombs
I miss driving are with flames coming out the side into an enemy player and diving out. It was like sending a speeding grenade
>>
>>380903468
I had the feeling that the Combat Shotgun was only better on longer distances, but in very little distance the Pump Shotgun was superior.
I remember I used 2 shots in the chest to kill someone with the Combat and only one with the Pump on a short distance.
>>
>>380904632
It really bothers me because when you have a set of weapons that is clearly superior to the other there's no use for the old set.
>>
Now I gotta reinstall. I bought the boxed version back in the day and there's like 5 DVDs and unfortunately the key won't activate on steam. Pain in the ass but fuck it, I had a craving for some open world game lately.
>>
>>380904774
The Pump Shotgun did seem to carry a stronger punch. But those reloading times meant you couldn't afford fucking it up.
>>
>>380902423

Yeah, it was basically just plug and play and not a chore like a mmo.

GTA V's online is full of loading times, queues and instances and weird issues with playing with friends sometimes.

GTA IV was basically just like a 2004 valve game, it had an easy to use server browser, no matchmaking necessary, shortish loading times.
It was much more fun and I spent around 2x as much time playing it than GTA V's online despite grinding on it for hundreds of hours.
>>
>>380904615
>>380904615
Amen. Something about the early missions where you sit around doing work for some low level gangbanger to retrieve $20 for him. I miss that so much when im in algonquin doing work for the FBI to assassinate some police man.

Same in racing games. I love driving the shit boxes around in the early game and i have ifninitely more fun in my shitty lancer than i do in the end game lambos
>>
>>380904818
I didnt feel there was much of a different between guns in gta5 so i had the guns more tailored to each character eg michael with the silenced small pistol while trevor takes the big loud one. I do like it when weapons still have some use even if it is pure cosmetic

>>380904931
Less is more essentially. Remove all the missiosn and money, just give an open world with some simple game modes and its 10/10. I remember playing a game mode in gta4 once every blue moon because you could make up so much dumb fun shit in free roam you rarely felt the need (that isnt to say game modes werent often the tits too)
>>
>>380904615
They need to slow down the progression. Gta4 had it pretty slow as the first two islands show, gta5 went 0 to 100 in half a second and it really suffered for that.
>>
the swingset glitch was some of the most fun i ever had on a GTA game

i miss it
>>
>>380904920
The Pump Shotgun was my second favorite weapon after the Combat Pistol (which was the only one who made the normal pistol completely useless, so this was kinda misbalanced, you can argue if the other weapons are better but this is made through how you handle the missions, but the Combat Pistol was in every regard just better).

I liked the Combat Pistol even so much, I rarely used any kind of machine gun, at the end I had like 1000 kills for the Combat Pistol, 70% of it were headshots.
>>
>>380874068
Fuck I did this so much. Wish my GTA IV on the 360 didn't have that shitty texture loading glitch
>>
>>380905597
>that sound it makes

taking out m4 wielding swat with it made sense when a gun sounds that damn good. Glad to hear im not the only one who tried to use that as much as possible

I kinda wish gta sometimes went the sleeping dogs route where guns arent there at all times. I feel like more missions involving knife fights or chases that canrt be ended in seconds would be more fun if the player needs to tackle the enemy instead of just knee capping em
>>
This thread's been comfy, it's sad we'll be back to hating videogames in a few minutes.
>>
CAN THIS THREAD DIE ALREADY I NEED TO GET BACK TO WORK

>>380905927
so comfy i love it. fun discussion of good times with one my fav games. is there anythign better? this place does have some good threads once in a blue moon
>>
>>380905870
To manage that design decision you must set it somewhere in Europe, the average US citizen has more weapons at home than pets or children.
>>
>>380905597
Same, I absolutely loved the Combat Pistol, and would get properly anal about the headshot rate I had for it. Last I checked it was around 85% with 90% of the kills done in free aim.
>>
>>380906229
yeah is why i doubt it will ever happen. Maybe heavily controleld new york?
>>
File: 1304790570564.jpg (151KB, 448x488px) Image search: [Google]
1304790570564.jpg
151KB, 448x488px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqE8M2ZnFL8
Good thread boys
>>
>>380904774
The combat shotgun seems like more of a riot shotgun. One shot at close range would incapacitate people npcs but never kill. The pump shotgun at close range decimates, and absolutely kills.
>>
>shoot RPG for the first time
>rocket skids across the floor

FUCKING AMAZING
>>
File: a bit closer.jpg (34KB, 427x300px) Image search: [Google]
a bit closer.jpg
34KB, 427x300px
this was a really comfy thread
>>
What were your favorite police stand-off places?
>hospital
>inside of that Italian restaurant
>interior of that place where you do Final Interview
>that beach with the ramp all the police cars go down(if the cops aren't walking down the cliff)
>>
>>380906781
>shoot RPG at helicopter body
>explodes in two pieces and falls
>shoot RPG at propeller
>it swerves in the other direction and nosedives
hnnnnnnng
>>
>>380906648
That reminds me that the weapons in GTA V had almost no weight. The Pump Shotgun in IV felt like a heavy ass weapon, the same in V felt like airsoft.
Exactly like the Gatling Gun, it doesn't felt or sounds like you throw a big ass Gun with you.

How did they fucked this so up? I mean, I had kinda fun with the gunplay in V when I use Michaels slow mo ability (something like that gets me everytime), but as Trevor or Franklin? It felt like children airsoft toy.
Thread posts: 522
Thread images: 82

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.