[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How the fuck do you aim with this shit in fps games? I was always

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 14

File: dualshock_4.jpg (37KB, 642x403px) Image search: [Google]
dualshock_4.jpg
37KB, 642x403px
How the fuck do you aim with this shit in fps games?
I was always avoiding these type of vidya on consoles, but I recently bough Battlefront on ps4 and this is a fucking disaster.
Am I doing something wrong and there is a certain way of aiming with analog stick, or people are satisfied with these sloppy aiming controlls, where you are hoping that enemy will be on the center of the screen to begin with?
>>
yeah there's no good way to do it. controllers just inherently suck.
>>
>>380858305
Point camera at enemy, lean heavily on the aim assist and don't try to manually adjust it too much.
In certain games (e.g. CoDs by default) it actually autotracks moving targets after the initial snap to target so trying to manually adjust actually just throws your aim off.
>>
Having a similar problem. Coming from a mouse and keyboard to a controller is just fucking aweful. I got a Narcon controller which helps a bit thanks to adjustable software for tuning the right stick sensitivity grade, you also tend to learn to aim a lot more with movement instead of trying to always shift the stick. Practice obviously helps a lot but sadly it will always leave you wishing you had a mouse
>>
>>380858553
>Play game where the entire point is being able to centre your screen on the target effectively
>Game does it for you anyway
Thanks consoles.
>>
>>380858305
you use the right analog stick to move the target thingy on the screen closer to the person you want to die and kill them with one of the other buttons on the controller.
>>
>>380858305
I also bought Battlefront on PS4, and I'm a PC fag. Weird.
Does Sony have some top-notch subliminal messaging that makes you want to buy the game on console?
>>
Just let the game aim for you, consoles sure are great huh?
>>
>>380858305
The fact that DS4 has dogshit analogue sticks doesn't help it further
>>
>>380858879
http://swbstats.com/
at least there are players to play with on ps4
>>
File: 979829686989853999.jpg (53KB, 704x480px) Image search: [Google]
979829686989853999.jpg
53KB, 704x480px
>>380858305
Everyone else is also playing with the same 'shitty controls', pcbro so you better get good and stop crying.
>>
I just wanna ask: DS4 or XBONE controller for PC?
>>
>>380858879
I don't like having too many clients so I get multiplats on my PS4 if it's not available on Steam or Gog
>>
>>380859024
My dick in your mouth.
>>
>>380858879
>Does Sony have some top-notch subliminal messaging that makes you want to buy the game on console?

Yes. In our case it's wojak posting and "post your collection and your black hand" threads. We're literally being mentally BLACKED by Sony.
>>
>>380859024
I've had good experiences with both. I prefer the DS4 because I'm an LEDfag and steams big picture mode lets me set the color for the tiny lightbar.
>>
File: 1497399346858.png (169KB, 545x370px) Image search: [Google]
1497399346858.png
169KB, 545x370px
>>380858305
There was always the idea that FPS are a 'soft exclusive' to PC.
Not for any technical reason, they could most certainly have a mouse work on modern consoles, but they are living room and couch aimed devices. A mouse is not very applicable there.
I suppose if people hate their console attached to a PC monitor at a desk, and used one of those converters but they look dodgy as fuck to me.
>>
Use both sticks to aim.
>>
>>380859024
DS4 is way better, especially the dpad
>>
>>380859024
Both are ok, I guess. BUT if you want to play for very long periods of time I'd recommend xbone because the left analog is more comfortably placed.
>>
>>380859192
>>380859303
Are drivers still a problem? I like the XBone's AA. DS4's battery is going to die at some point and I hate charging. I like DS4's shape better, though.
>>
>>380859407
I didn't have any problems with the DS4. It was just plug and play. The battery life is shit though, absolutely, but it doesn't affect me since I play wired. I don't feel like being a Bluetooth dongle
>>
>>380859407
This post is retarded for two reasons.
First, most Xbox One controllers nowadays come with a rechargeable battery.
Second, the DS4 battery can be swapped if you want.
>>
>>380859024
M$ controllers work natively and the left analog + dpad are better placed.
>>
>>380859407
Steam has native DS4 support now, except you need to turn it on via Big Picture which is retarded.

Once you've done that you can exit Big Picture, leave Steam up and use it in other games outside of Steam too.
>>
>>380858305
>How the fuck do you aim with this shit in fps games?

You don't, auto-aiming is a thing.
>>
>>380860061
>needing auto-aim
Fucking casuals
>>
>>380860012
>needs Steam to use DS4
Just kill yourself.
SCP driver is way better and doesn't need that shit DRM to work.
>>
Not really relevant but i need to ask. Can you turn on rumble manually and keep it on with this controller?
>>
>>380858305
Babbies first non easy mode with m +k.....

It actually takes skill to get headshots and pull off crazy shit with a controller.
>>
>>380859715
>the left analog + dpad are better placed.
kys deluded normalfag
>>
>>380860250
>convenient built in feature to largest platform basically every PC player uses is a bad thing
>use this driver which requires additional setup just because

Next you'll be telling anon to install linux
>>
>>380859271
Those adapters work but it feels nowhere near as good as on PC. Usually input lag out the ass on top of the much higher input lag consoles typically have. Aim assist really fuck with it some games you can't turn it off completely.
>>
>>380860742
>needs to load up Steam entirely just to play non-Steam games with the DS4
Wow, what a good goy.
>>
File: image.jpg (167KB, 802x1024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
167KB, 802x1024px
>>380858305
>playing fps games

Pfft...
>>
>>380858305

Its fucking retarded. Instead of lock on aiming becoming the norm whatever retards decided that precision aiming with this device is tolerable. Now we have games with lmao bullet magnetism (useless) or aim assist (huge delay). Thanks cod. In the meantime games like gta red dead redemption and metroid prime are universally accepted as quality entries and all of them have lock on.
>>
>>380858305
Practice more. I hated using a keyboard for PC gaming at first but I got used to it after a while.
>>
>>380860141
Auto aiming is built into all shooters on console. The controllers are far too imprecise for it to ever be completely manual.
>>
File: 1494349905576.gif (733KB, 540x360px) Image search: [Google]
1494349905576.gif
733KB, 540x360px
>>380859024
I much prefer Xbox controllers due to them being the most comfortable and natural to use.
>>
It's 100% experience. The more you play the more used to it you will get. It's really hard at first if you're doing an FPS for the first time on console but the more you play it you'll get way better at it. It's pretty much just muscle memory to get gud.
>>
haha op just get used to shitty game design haha
its totally not cumbersome and dominated by 12 years olds thathave clinical brain damage and will protect shitty game design decisions haha

Stop playing shooter if they dont have lock on, just stop
>>
>>380859192
If you get the DS4 application for windows (so you can use it in emulators and stuff along with steam) you can do that and change the vibrations and stuff, along with a ton of other shit
>>
>>380858305
Playing an FPS on a controller is disgusting.

But the thing is it sucks for everybody else too not just you so it's fair

Put a controller vs M/KB and the one using a controller stands no chance
>>
File: 1493971050909.png (149KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
1493971050909.png
149KB, 625x626px
>>380858305
>>
>>380863987
>But the thing is it sucks for everybody else too not just you so it's fair

Except for those who have the adapter which enables them to play with their keyboard and mouse and they destroy all the controller babbies.
>>
>>380863503
You can't ever 'git gud' if the game auto-aims for you
>>
>playing FPS "games" tailored for casual normies who need autoaim for everything, thus defeating the point of an FPS and making a piss easy game even easier

WEW
>>
Sensitivity all the way up, make small flicks to move your aim
>>
>>380864482

How about making good games then?
Ever tried not eating shit and being content with it?
>>
>>380864262
1v1 me on CoD, I assure you I've got more gud than you have
>>
You just need to git gud faggot.
Yes it is possible because there are people who are able to do it really fuckin well.
>>
File: trump4.jpg (19KB, 300x339px) Image search: [Google]
trump4.jpg
19KB, 300x339px
>playing shooters with a controller
>>
>>380864626
Don't need to make your own games to know when other games are shit, retard.
>>
>>380858305
>b-b-b-but PEE CEE MUSTARD RICE
You fags are so weak you can't even aim with a fucking controller. Like, goddamn; it's not a physically taxing ordeal. All you do is line up what's onscreen with the control sticks, and even babbys can do that right.
Perhaps we (console gamers) are inherently better suited to games that you are. We aren't bogged down with "m-m-muh 60fps", "m-m-muh 120hz refresh ratez", or your beloved "KEEE BOAR N' MOWSE". We don't rely on such petty meme peripherals to excel; we just play the fucking game.
tl;dr: Apply yourself!
>>
>>380865751

>Reading comprhension, how does it work?
>>
Don't worry you're not alone. Console shooters work terribly with a controller if you're experienced in PC shooters.
>>
>>380858305
console games are dead
>>
>>380858305
The handful of games that let you use gyro aiming are really fucking good. It's really precise. Why don't more games use it?
>>
to help you instead of just spamming >controller
like half of the other anons:

you'll find that it's easier not to try to track your target precisely with just the right stick, doing so is nearly impossible with a sensitivity high enough to turn around - instead you want to get your reticle fairly close to your target and then use a lot of strafing to line up the shot, firing when your reticle is about to cross your target. use short flicks to readjust your aim when the target moves around
>>
>>380858305

you will never be able to aim like you do on mouse and keyboard, you have to accept the fact that you will always be limited that way. let the auto aim help you and dont try to always go for headshots, just shoot center mass
>>
>>380866474
>we just play the fucking game
>what is skill
>>
Literally git gud
>>
>>380867016
>gyro aiming
You mean aiming with the motion sensor? I hope not
>>
>>380866474
Yeah, consolefags must be better since all of their games have aim assist, and the lower framerates give them more time to react.
>>
File: steam controller.jpg (175KB, 1245x700px) Image search: [Google]
steam controller.jpg
175KB, 1245x700px
Consoles really need to bite the bullet and start offering a non-traditional alternative to twin analog sticks on an official controller for their console. Analog sticks are inaccurate garbage and pretty much any game that involves them and aiming has so much aim assist that you aren't even playing the game yourself.

Offer a trackpad/gyo controller on console and watch it become the standard in a few short years because of how fucking badly you can trounce analog stick controller with better control solutions like the Steam Controller.

It would be incredible to see what something as versatile as the Steam Controller could accomplish with in game support over just being an overlay
>>
File: vomitchan.jpg (82KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
vomitchan.jpg
82KB, 680x680px
>playing fps
>>
>>380867352
Have you tried it? It actually works now unlike the PS3's terrible unresponsive Sixaxis shit. It's the most precise aiming you can get without a mouse.
>>
>>380867503
>Offer a trackpad/gyo controller on console and watch it become the standard in a few short years
You mean like the PS4 controller? The one where barely any devs ever actually use the trackpad and gyro for anything?
>>
>>380858879
Could be that Battlefront onky has splitscreen on consoles
>>
>>380864626
I just play good games instead, and laugh at /v/eddit faggots like you who decide, on your own accord, to play shit games and then complain about how its either:
>too easy
>too shit
>too short
>not "comfy"
>not "kino"
>shit playerbase
Its simple, online multiplayers are the cancer killing and stagnating the industry. Blink and you've got 100 quake clones but with easier casualised gameplay for underages and normies and just enough homosexual characters for it to be tumblr friendly for cringy fanart, and any reasonable person observing this fact is labeled nostalgiafag.
>>
>>380867473
It is 10 timea more skill to use a controller to pull of insane shit with a controller. A m+k is equivelant to a fork were a controller is a set of chop sticks.
>>
>>380859271
you don't need a converter for m+kb on PS4
it natively supports it, and certain games come with the option already, those that don't you can rebind to m+kb from settings
>>
>>380868031
Trackpads need to replace the analog sticks you fuck. That shit in the middle of the PS4 controller can't do shit.

It's not really the devs fault when nobody knows that Sony has gyro. Sony doesn't ever show it off
>>
>>380868337
>It's not really the devs fault when nobody knows that Sony has gyro
fucking mong

the devs know that the DS4 has gyro, it's up to them to use it. Sony can't force them to (unless it's first party).
>>
>>380868337
The vita also has rear touch pad and rear camera. No one fucking took advantage of either. Remote play does for touch pad and Tearaway...i cant think of another game though. If people dont use it it will die off. I actually had to switch my contol scheme for rocket league cause i would accidentalky hit the touchpad and pause the game.
>>
>>380868241
More like a KBM is what actual gamers use ad controller is what normies use to justify their shit skills. And then of course some retard autist comes along who does a very trivial thing controllefags consider "insane shit" using a controller, while PC gamers do it on a regular basis because they use KBM
Controllers are ONLY good for hack and slash and racing crap, where still, a KBM is just as good.
I miss the times when video games were an awesome thing, an awesome hobby for autists to get better at, and with a sense of accomplishment, instead of "DUDE FUN LMAO DUDE COMFY LMAO" retards screehe difficulty down to 0 andching at each other thinking they're pro operators while the difficulty down to 0 and auto aim is on. Then these faggots compete with each others thinking they're hot shit while companies see it as an excuse to release more and more casualised noskill games.
>>
File: ten outta ten best controller.jpg (158KB, 1540x1000px) Image search: [Google]
ten outta ten best controller.jpg
158KB, 1540x1000px
>>380859024
Neither.

I use mt DS4 for driving and assassin's creed, everything else is either Steam controller or my Logitech G13.
>>
>>380864262
>He doesn't know that FPS on console actually requires skill and time to develop.

C'mon friend, we can play titanfall 2 and I'll kick your ass.
>>
File: 1422367923648.jpg (42KB, 400x550px) Image search: [Google]
1422367923648.jpg
42KB, 400x550px
>>380869059
Excellent tastes
>This controller will never take off
>I'll be stuck using dual analog on console until the end of time because the autistic cannot handle change
>My face when
>>
File: 1427999788465-3.jpg (119KB, 540x671px) Image search: [Google]
1427999788465-3.jpg
119KB, 540x671px
>>380869249
PC/Console crossplay for shooters got shitcanned after Shadowrun because PC players so thoroughly trashed console players that nerfs specific to the PC version of the game were rolling out. Microsoft was going to either bring a Halo game to PC with crossplay or add crossplay to an existing one but competitive teams kept losing to average joes on KB+M so they scrapped the idea.

Analog sticks are literally the second worst thing you can control a game with. The only thing worse than it is virtual buttons on a smart phone touchscreen.

Trackpads are more accurate, gyro is more accurate, trackballs are more accurate, the touchscreen/button Kid Icarus Uprising controls were more accurate, hell even circle pads are a minor upgrade (1:1 sliding motion over terrible inaccurate flopping motion of the sticks)

Sticks are literally the worst shit thats ever been shit out and only a retard would possibly defend using them in 2017. We use them on every console because we know they work and we know customers will react negatively to change and that's the only reason.
>>
>>380858305
>fps
Yeah, those games were never designed to be used with a controller. I don't understand why people get FPSs for consoles instead of PC.
>>
>>380858305
Hold down on the right stick
Burst fire
dont move the right stick to aim left and right
strafe to aim left and right
>>
File: 1398823365726.png (65KB, 355x328px) Image search: [Google]
1398823365726.png
65KB, 355x328px
>>380868640
>>380868720
>"Sony can't force them to"
The Steam Controller is capable of adding good gyro controls into literally any game of my choosing. Just make a prebuilt gyro in the controller that registers as the aiming stick for the game and you already have gyro in every console fps and tps out of the box.
Sony has also clearly failed to show off their gyro functionality. I think Gravity Rush 1 and 2 are the only Sony Gyro games I can think of and they just recently came to the PS4.
It's always up to the manufacturer to show off how to use their hardware. Nintendo did that with dual screens/touchscreen on the DS, motion controls on the wii, and 3D on the 3DS. In all of those cases devs followed suit and made games that took advantage of the hardware. With the WiiU Nintendo failed to communicate the features and how to use them for in game mechanics so nobody but Nintendo ever picked up WiiU features outside of a few specific examples. Sony was the exact same way with the Vita's back touchscreen, PS4's touchpad (which is a terrible touchpad anyway) an PS4's gyro. It's the same reason the Steam Controller never gained traction as much as I love it.
>>
File: laughing girls.png (351KB, 446x400px) Image search: [Google]
laughing girls.png
351KB, 446x400px
>>380858305
>He bought Battlefront
>>
>>380860429
>turn on auto aim

yeah boy that sure took lots of skill
Thread posts: 85
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.