[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What would you think about a Souls game in which you only have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

What would you think about a Souls game in which you only have one life? If you die you have to make a new character. Your old character that died becomes a permanent enemy in the world until you kill him.
>>
Then it would just be a roguelike
>>
>>380853462

Too many bullshit deaths in these games for that to not be cancerous.
However nothing is stopping you from playing it by your own rules and delete a character on death. I haven't watched much of his shit but I am pretty sure LobosJr has done that. There is nothing he hasn't done. One day he will finish Dark Souls only with his nose at the controls or something.
>>
>>380853462
I love nethack!
>>
>>380853462
That sounds annoying, since invaders are a lot harder to kill than most enemies, so you would have a very hard time killing your own hollowed character, unless the AI were dumbed down.
>>
>>380853559
/thread got it in one. Nicely done.
>>
>>380853462
Souls bosses require elements of discovery before you can beat them.

For example, I doubt anyone who had learned to git gud and use both hands beat four kings first try since the strategy is to DPS race him when the entire game before had been about dodging and parrying.

Thus ironman mode would be bullshit there.
>>
>>380853462
I think it would undermine a core mechanic of Souls, which was death & retrieval.

If you were punished that harshly for a mistake/death, you wouldn't want to play Souls.

Maybe as a Hardcore difficulty option, but you can just play "permadeath" as a personal challenge already.
>>
File: 1490668567786.jpg (54KB, 656x532px) Image search: [Google]
1490668567786.jpg
54KB, 656x532px
>>380853462
>imagine that applied to DaS1
>the fucking mayhem and madness that would be the Bed of Chaos fog gate
>>
>>380853462
So... ZombiU?
>>
>>380853462
Necropolis does just that, but I guess you're too fucking lazy to do your own research.
Is it really too much to expect from /v/irgins to know about video games?
>>
>>380853462
I know how to make it work, anon.

Making it strictly like a roguelike game would be a bad idea. It's just bad design if you can seemingly random lose your character due to a bullshit deathtrap or insta-kill.

For the game to be "fair," you'd need to design the proper tools so that a skillful person could escape death. If there is a pitfall that leads to instant death, give the character the ability to cling to the edge if you press the grab button quick enough and give your character tools to sniff out pitfall traps so that the player may be smart enough to discover the trap before falling to it.

tl;dr: make it fair and it'd be great.
>>
>>380853462
So basically Let It Die?
>>
>>380853462
>an -rpg- which is largely satisfying to play because there's consistent/regular progress, either by getting to the next bonfire, killing the next boss, or getting gear/levels
>hey what if we make it a rogue-like
Sounds great.
>>
>>380853462
That's LITERALLY Let It Die. It's a good game, but it would be better if it wasn't F2P.
>>
>>380853462
They originally wanted to do a permadeath more in Demon's Souls. There's a reason they didn't go through with it
>>
>>380853462
This is a mechanic in Stone Soup. Which becomes horseshit if you die as a mage who comes back as overpowered monster who wrecks your next character
>>
>>380853559
No it wouldn't
>>
File: sorc.gif (221KB, 214x225px) Image search: [Google]
sorc.gif
221KB, 214x225px
>>380856934
>>380856994
bioware on suicide watch

>>380857215
no
>>
It would ruin the game and I'd just stop playing as soon as I died
>>
File: 1496247645809.jpg (407KB, 880x1566px) Image search: [Google]
1496247645809.jpg
407KB, 880x1566px
>>380857517
This is a non-videogames thread.

Post things like pic related.
>>
>>380853462
If it's a souls game then is plagued with mediocre hitboxes, ghost reach, shit netcode and poor level design choices
I'd say those are not the traits I'd expect from a permadeath game
>>
>>380860204
It's a small part, look leeterr.
>>380859296
It's Whitetentacle in oppost actually.
>>
>>380860204
leeterr.tumblr.com/tagged/Lara%20Croft
>>
>>380861247
Fug, should have deleted entire thread in this case.
>>
>>380858431
Nobody knows who she is.
She was there 2 years ago and probably get back to Hydeland.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.