[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does everyone say GTA IV has the worst missions in the series?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: gg.jpg (82KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
gg.jpg
82KB, 1280x720px
Why does everyone say GTA IV has the worst missions in the series? I always found that so strange. In my opinion it has the best. Seems like people don't like how "samey" they are, but IMO if the main mechanics are good then it's ok. The shooting mechanics are one of the best parts of the game, so why not have most of the missions just involve shooting guys? I think it does a lot to make the missions feel intense and immersive.

What I like about the missions is you often end up "progressing" throughout an area; you start in a hotel lobby but climb all the way up to the room, or you start at the bottom of a construction site and go through its layout to the end, or you go through a museum. I like that feeling of "going through" an area, shooting guys all the way.

I don't really like missions need variety just for the sake of it; I don't think it would be better if there was a mission with scuba diving for instance.
>>
Because the gunplay in 4 is fucking awful, its clunky and the movement sucks.
>>
>>380850318
I dunno Anon-kun. I like IV more than SA and V, personally. Nothing about SA impressed me other than planes and not dying when you go in water. The rest was bloat. IV is especially good with the expansions, I wish they'd bring back being able to lead a gang of bikers around.
>>
File: gta knife.webm (3MB, 1080x608px) Image search: [Google]
gta knife.webm
3MB, 1080x608px
I liked GTA IV a lot and I thought the missions were fine. Of course they were really realistic and real life based unlike the sci-fi stuff of San Andreas, but I thought that was just fine because the game mechanics of IV were realistic as well.
I liked how shooting felt meaty and punchy, and how sometimes the shot person didn't die completely and they just ended squirming on the floor.

GTA V missions were pretty much on the same level as GTA IV missions, except now they had long loooong road trips across the map.
>>
boring,

>follow this
>kill this
>end
>>
>>380850876
>except now they had long loooong road trips across the map.

Same thing happened shortly after the entire map was unlocked in SA.

>drive from one corner of the map to the other
>have fun for 2 minutes
>drive back

It got old fast. I'd rather do IV's 50 "walk through a shooting gallery" missions.
>>
>>380851180
Do you know some better objectives?
>>
Open IV is dead so GTA have no interest anymore.
>>
>>380851180
Meanwhile, most of V's mission were:
>go here
>follow scripted setpiece
>end
In IV, you had freedom of approach in the majority of missions.

Case in point:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCERLIPbEyM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xmSu1aDsQY
>>
My main complaint about GTA V is the broken stealth. Sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn't. Most time it didn't work like you think stealth would work.

>that mission where you need to steal drill truck
>yard full of workers and guards
>can snipe most of the workers and guards with silenced sniper, no problem
>guards/workers behind some container inexplicably aware of what is going on even though the killing is happening beyond their sight

or

>shoot a lone camper with silenced pistol in a middle of nowhere
>suddenly cops are after you

I wish you could at least shoot the witness before he calls the cops.
>>
>>380853919

That "stealing the drill" mission drove me crazy. I eventually just said "fuck it" and stole it in the open and had to lose the wanted level. The stealth mechanics are so broken.
>>
>>380854304
I sniped everyone and then hid behind the dumpsters and waited for the cops to leave. It worked, but goddamn it was a bittersweet feeling.
>>
>>380850318
Why do you make threads about GTA IV every day, you OCD cunt?
Is that the only game you play, or something?
>>
>>380853919
After hours of toying around in the capture creator in V, I know exactly how the stealth works and I can tell you that it's garbage.

I'll give you a quick rundown:
>enemy lines of sight are very narrow but also very long
>crouching makes no difference
>sprinting is silent
>unless the person you're killing is a gang member, stealth kills don't work when the wanted level is active
>gunshots are completely silent at long distances
>sometimes pistol whips are silent, other times they aren't.

Stealth was clear an afterthought in this game.
>>
>>380850318
The shooting mechanics are terrible and the gund are unwieldy. The only good thing about them is the localized damage, provided you actually hit one of the limbs with those idiotic hitboxes and the janky reticule.
>>
>>380850318
I liked it how it felt like an Urban 70s movie set in modern day New York. I even found the gunplay fun, the Shotgun felt powerful as fuck.

The only negative side on GTA IV, which also GTA V has, is that the character was built on realistic movements so you have a delay in the on foot controls, everything else makes it for me to the best GTA (and I've played them all on release, except for GTA 1 and 2).
>>
I think GTA V proved really well, that graphics don't necessarily make a good game. I'm not saying it sucked, but IV just felt way better in almost everything game play related. Being able to terrorize the city is essential for a gta game and in IV it was possible in contrast to V, because of the ridiculous behavior of the cops
>>
File: gta v live love laugh.jpg (78KB, 960x536px) Image search: [Google]
gta v live love laugh.jpg
78KB, 960x536px
>play through GTA V
>never got all the way to the top of mount chilliad
>never saw a single shark
>never got hipsters on Trevor's yard
>got bitten by bobcat only once
>saw maybe 2-3 other dogs, other than Chop
>never bought a single property
>never explored the internte
>never went to the movies
>tried out the rollercoaster once, was kinda dull
>never tried the stockmarket
>TV had only 2 programs on at once
>never saw a female cop

I had good time playing it, but I feel like I missed a whole lot of content. The random events were pretty cool desu senpai, they brought some life to the streets. I was also kinda disappointed over the character customization. At firs you had only like 2 haircuts/beard available for each character, and after few missions I went to barber again and saw there was like one new haircut I thought new haircuts would appear as I process with the game like in San Andreas. I kept going to the barbershops expecting to see new hairstyles, but after few hours I realized there were no more new haircuts.

I also kinda miss the thing from GTA IV where you could wear hat and glasses, and then have them knocked out of your head if you got hit hard enough.
>>
File: gta v drink.webm (1MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
gta v drink.webm
1MB, 640x360px
>>380856262
GTA IV felt so much more *real* than V. The city was sleazy and filthy just like real life cities with narrow alleys and garbage bags on every corner. GTA V was great, but I wish it was more like GTA IV.
>>
>>380856987

GTA IV had zero customization. Hardly any clothes and no haircuts.
>>
>>380858830
I was expecting V to expand on that, and they kinda did, but not much.
>>
>>380857317
GTA V was simplified as fuck to be accessible to casuals. It worked for them though getting over 2 billion dollars, I fear for GTA VI though...
>>
>>380860384
GTA VI is gonna have a female POC with a big afro as the lead and will deal with real world problems rather than be a satire. Her reasons for being the way she is is because it's society's fault, not her life choices.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.