[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

In the unlikely event any of you had kids, would you make them

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: 1497699815604.png (56KB, 450x325px) Image search: [Google]
1497699815604.png
56KB, 450x325px
In the unlikely event any of you had kids, would you make them play games from past consoles or would you let them start with current gen immediately?
>>
Let's be real no kid's going to want to play a NES MegaMan after playing GTA V or some shit.
>>
I wouldn't let them play video-games.
>>
I'd let them play whatever games they want. The only thing I'd insist they do is watch the classic movies like Die Hard and Evil Dead 2 and if they didn't like them I'd disown them.
>>
At what age is it appropriate to let children play videogames?
>>
>>380848086
2d platformers
>>
>>380848086
when I was a kid my dad gave me a toaster PC with SNES and GBA emulators installed, along with hundreds of ROMS
I feel that was a good move on his part, and I would like to provide the same for my kids if I have any. I'd have more emulators too, of course,since its at the point where later gens can also run on a toaster
>>
>>380848086
I have a 2yo son and that's my exact plan -- make him play through the console generations so he appreciates what we have today. Nothing autistic like "you must beat these 20 games before I let you move on", just make that his only option for a while until I feel it's time to move up.
>>
>>380849271
I'd say once they can read and write.
don't give them anything you can't afford to replace, but if they do fuck it up make them wait several months before you do so they don't become shitty brats that expect their own impulsiveness to never make them unhappy
>>
I wouldn't let my kid touch video games at all.

It's poison.
>>
>>380848713
This.
Videogames makes people useless.
Before you know it, your kids will be posting on /pol/ and jerking off to cartoons, or going on tumblr and trying to snip their dick off.
>>
>>380850486
>Make your seed play through videogame console generations.
>Not autistic.
What happened to playing fucking sports?
>>
>>380848086
I do and I do... My 9 year old loves booting up the hacked Wii and playing all the emulated SNES, nes, and genesis games .. He
recently discovered that there were power ranger games and is playing the hell out of them
>>
File: IMG_1250.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1250.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>380850486
I was about to say something smart about how autistic this seemed but is this any different then my dad making me watch the westerns and older movies he grew up with?

As for me, I'd get s read before anything. If they seem interested in anything I'm doing, I'll gradually introduce them into it. If not, I'll just figure out what they're into.

My parents never really allowed me to try things I wanted to learn or do because money was always concern/complaint and dictated every decision they made. So I was stuck with what little vidya I had. But, it allowed me to master those games and appreciate what they were all about. The downside is that it's a hobby that takes precedence over other things I should be doing. It's all checks and balances though, right?
>>
I have a 4 year old daughter. The only game she's played is MK8D easymodo for that reason. She fucks around on my phone mostly.

The BM isn't really into the whole vidya thing and I'm not really worried about it.
>>
I'd have the old stuff there but I wouldn't demand he plays the old stuff. I'd sit them down and show them the old stuff I used to play if they are interested
>>
>>380848086
I'd let them play what they want to play if they want to play.
Would make sure that they are mature enough for the games they play, tho.
>>
Lans only

If he or she wants something they can save their own money and buy themselves whatever
>>
File: 1483036806719.jpg (26KB, 350x247px) Image search: [Google]
1483036806719.jpg
26KB, 350x247px
>>380850486
It's a nice thought honestly but unless you keep the kid in a bubble it's just not gonna pan out. As soon as they head over to a friend's house and see what modern games look and play like in the flesh they're gonna resent being forced to stick with the older stuff you're feeding them when they could be playing whatever the FotM is with their friends. Better to play older stuff with them in moderation and keep it as an always open option for them if they get curious. Being able to compare and contrast with the new stuff they're playing would probably lead to them developing a natural appreciation for it.
>>
Have kids. Started with Mario Kart 8 and currently Rocket League is a hit.

Making them play games in historical order is fucking retarded and I can't believe how common it is to hear this autists talk about it. If this thought ever crossed your mind, do not breed. Your children will be out of touch and alienated from their peers from the beginning.
>>
>>380848713
This
>>
>>380848643
Kids love Shovel Knight so who knows?
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.