[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I don't play fighting games (except for Smash for the 3

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: sg.png (295KB, 300x431px) Image search: [Google]
sg.png
295KB, 300x431px
I don't play fighting games (except for Smash for the 3 of you who consider it one)

I've been watching gameplay of this for a week now.

Is it a good game for those new to fighting games?

Does it teach the player how to play?
Not forcing them to put in 100+ hours just to learn the basics?
>>
It has a good tutorial and you'll have a basic understanding of how to move and do a combo after you're done. You still have to work though and you probably won't ever win a match.
>>
There is literally no fighting game worth playing that doesn't require a huge investment of time to get good. That being said if you're more into playing to fuck around casually, SG is pretty lenient to get into.
>>
>>380843221
I'm fine with putting in some work to learn the game. And I don't expect to be a great player. I just want to experience a fun fighting game.

I gave MvC and shot. And that was....a thing
>>
>>380843385
Some fighting games just won't jive with you. You have to play a bunch to see what you like. My personal favorite is UNIEL. That game feels so damn good to control and play. No tutorial though.
>>
>>380843329
I understand getting good takes practice. I just hold the belief that you shouldn't have to put in hours to enjoy a game, but do so BECASUE you enjoy it.

As long as I can have fun while learning it, I don't mind
>>
>>380842501
It has a great tutorial for learning the genre, although it's not one of the most simple games like SFV

I recommend Yomi to everyone who want to get ito fighting, it's a TURN based fighting game, and so is very good for learning all the theory, mind games, terminology etc at your own pace. And it's a pretty good and fun game in general.

Wait for this summer sales and get both.
>>
>>380842501
Skullgirls has some long ass combos so prepare to be bored to tears and frustration for your first thirty hoursq
>>
File: 1413326093975[1].png (309KB, 440x831px) Image search: [Google]
1413326093975[1].png
309KB, 440x831px
Best girl
>>
>>380843660
Can you please explain why Brain Drain's robot is modeled after her, of all characters?

Not complaining, just confused
>>
Guilty gear has an interesting tutorial but I don't think that game is beginner friendly at all.
>>
>>380843783
Ms. Fortune's VA does such a good robot impression that the devs were motivated to make a non-canon robot version of the original character.
>>
>>380844050
It's not but you tend to jive with either 4 or 6 button fighters. 4 button is the patrician choice.
>>
>>380844178
Wait, that wasn't edited?
>>
>>380843541
>I recommend Yomi to everyone who want to get ito fighting, it's a TURN based fighting game, and so is very good for learning all the theory, mind games, terminology etc at your own pace. And it's a pretty good and fun game in general.

Not him, but thanks senpai.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.