[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

People are spamming GTA 5 with negative reviews even though the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 5

File: fuck.png (515KB, 966x578px) Image search: [Google]
fuck.png
515KB, 966x578px
People are spamming GTA 5 with negative reviews even though the game was developed by the rockstar in the UK and the companies responsible for all these shitty choices are American. This is not fair at all for rockstar north.
>>
I'm sure they're extremely worried about the 20,000 or so negative reviews when they have 80 million copies of GTA V sold
>>
>>380842418
That honestly doesn't matter. Fuck off being this retarded should be a crime.
>>
>>380842518
>>
I hope they didn't hurt the big corporate entity's feelings :(
>>
Yeah they should be giving negative reviews towards Take Two's games instead
>>
GTAV must be the highest grossing game of all time, right?

it's the 4th best selling game of all time, the majority of those sales being at $60 and $30 at the very lowest because rockstar never puts it on sale below that, and it has extremely scheisty microtransactions for its online
>>
>>380842817
It made a billion dollars in three days, so probably
>>
>>380842418
Is OP gonna cry?
>>
>>380843035
/v/ has changed a lot since last time I came here

>urg caring abut vido game comapny? XDDDD that's like an memez
>>
There was the comments a Take Two exec made recently about GTA online players not being monetized enough. Compared them to fish, with a few players being 'whales' they could milk for a lot of cash and others being 'minnows' who might pay a little in each, but collectively pay a lot as a 'school'.

Went on to suggest people who don't buy micro-transactions are basically thieves and 'nothing is for free forever', as though people didn't pay 60 bucks for a game which had the promise of an online section that would be improved and added upon after release.
>>
>>380843245
>Compared them to fish, with a few players being 'whales' they could milk for a lot of cash and others being 'minnows' who might pay a little in each, but collectively pay a lot as a 'school'.
That's common terminology when it comes to mobile games
If they really want to go down that route they should just spin off the GTAOnline part and make it F2P or something, people don't want to deal with that shit if they're just wanting a singleplayer experience
>>
>>380843185
https://archive.is/0oWWu
>"Take-Two's actions were not specifically targeting single player mods. Unfortunately OpenIV enables recent malicious mods that allow harassment of players and interfere with the GTA Online experience for everybody. We are working to figure out how we can continue to support the creative community without negatively impacting our players."

Defend this, shill
>>
>>380843361
Exactly. I'd get it if the game were free and this was how it was funded, but this was a game released several times over multiple platforms and re-releases, all of which charged full price.

It's like some of these companies are not happy making a profit or even a really good profit; they'll only be happy if they got literally all of the money, and fuck the people who've already supported the game with their hard earned cash.
>>
>>380843245
link to the interview?

can't find shit on googol
>>
>>380842418
Well it is Rockstars fault for bowing down to the publisher. Take-Two has way too much saying in anything it is involved in for my liking. They are just the fucking publisher

Also the reviews are not gonna hurt anybody, but it will definitely leave a dent in their reputation. This whole controversy is gaining speed.
>>
>>380843416
i dont have to. see openiv response to this bullshit
>>
File: gtav price.png (18KB, 270x49px) Image search: [Google]
gtav price.png
18KB, 270x49px
Why is this allowed
>>
>>380843416
>Unfortunately OpenIV enables recent malicious mods that allow harassment of players and interfere with the GTA Online experience

This is simply not true. the openIV team specifically stated they did not mess with any functions involving online play and even put measurements in place to prevent it beeing used in online.
>>
>>380843416
Rockstar north are the ones who developed the game and nothing else, they didn't even put in the microtransactions.

Rockstar games are the american publishers which are one of the companies making the shitty decisions.
>>
>>380843502
It wasn't an interview, it was a meeting in London with potential investors. There were a few game devs there like Jeff Kaplan from Blizzard. I'll see if I can find it I'd honestly just be googling based on what I just said, I only read it in passing and forgot about it until this thread popped up.
>>
People should be spamming negative reviews because of that shitty practice of them raising the price right before a sale so they can say "look we lowered the price" but in reality it's the same price as it is normally before the price hike.

Fuck ANY company who does that. That's actually objectively scumbag territory.
>>
>>380843416
OpenIV is merely a file editor. Online trainers and hacks that script kiddies use is memory hacking. You cannot go online in a game with different files obviously since you're version will not be matching other player's versions, and file checks are the oldest thing known to man. This is just PR since they're sadly Take2's bitch.
>>
it should be spammed with negative reviews because of the fucking monetized online
>>
>>380843704
>I blindly trust Russian developers and their closed source code that they refuse to release to the public even though it's now useless to them.
>>
>>380843863
Again, rockstar north developed the game, rockstar games are in charge of all this shit.
>>
>>380843416
If you knew anything about OpenIV and modding you'd know that's just a PR lie.
>>
>>380844010

I don't give two shits who the fuck did what, fuck the entire company.

All of them are assholes.
>>
>>380844010
Who fucking cares, if Rockstar North is so great why don't they self-publish?
>>
>>380843986
>closed source code
>>
ITT: Retards who don't understand bad publicity

>Hurr durr this does nothing retards they have already sold a billion copies

Are people supposed to do this to take two games??

What you fail to see is that this happens, Rockstar see it, they might talk to Take Two about it. Also websites pick this up and write about it, giving Rockstar a bad image and perhaps effecting future sales of their other games.
>>
>>380842418
What the fuck happened? I heard they banned people for using mods or some shit
>>
>>380842418
Maybe Rockstar should man the fuck up and go independent then? It's not as if they've got no money and don't have a well known brand.
>>
>>380844056
It is two seperate companies, that is what I am trying to say. Rockstar games are shitty publishers and Rockstar north are great developers.

>>380844061
Maybe they will now.
>>
>>380844212
If Take Two have the choice of pinning this on their bad business practices or R*, they'll pick R*. Anything to excuse nickle and diming their end users, they'll not admit it's a bad practice till people stop giving them money.

This is more likely to negatively effect R*s ability to make games in the future, as potential investors may be put of at what appears to be a black mark on the companies record despite being largely out of their hands.
>>
>>380844212
>implying bad reputation can harm AAA companies

most of their copies are sold to chads and niggers who can't even read
>>
Do I need to use OpenIV to add new car models or car skins into single player?
>>
This won't do anything, the millions who buy gta games will continue to do so.

All the rockstar people, all of them, could just rape everyones mothers and sisters repeatedly, kill everyones pets, and shit in their mouth and the person would still be like "gta 6? whens that comin out?"
>>
>>380844219
Take two interactive have made using mods against the law, Rockstar games(The american publishers) have said that is fine and Rockstar north (The UK devs) have no power to do anything about it.
>>
>>380844409
Yes, you dip. Only thing you can use now are script hook based mods that don't require any type of file replacement.
>>
>>380844665
So Rockstar has a way of knowing I'm modding single player and can ban me? I have no interest in playing GTA Online. With the summer sale coming up I'm thinking of either buying this or piriting it.
>>
>oh no some nasty comments on the internet :(
>meanwhile GTA V has made literally billions of dollars

How will R* cope?
>>
>>380845005
No, Take 2 sent a cease and desist letter to the creators of OpenIV. OpenIV is basically community mademod tools that let you poke around in the game files and replace things. Not wanting togo to court with a multi billion dollar corporation, the creatore of OPenIV have ceaed development of it and you can no longer download it.
>>
i thought modding is against the law?
sometimes you can change so much content it becomes a different game and modders can sell full versions and pass it as their own work.
>>
>>380845189
Are 90% of users here literally 10-13 years old now or something? Last time I came here /v/ was pretty good.

When people go to buy GTA 5 and reviews say "overwhelmingly negative" that affects sales very badly.

>itz not important becauz they already made som moneyz

The point is they are losing money for something that has nothing to do with them.
>>
>>380842418
Old /v/ would be laughing at this.
Neo-/v/eddit just tries to go against the norm all the goddamn time, even if it means being a bunch of pathetic moralcucks.
>T-THIS IS WRONG ;____;
Fuck off reddit.
>>
>>380842418
Their fault for selling their soul to the devil.
>>
>>380845876
Lol no they wouldn't, new /v/ is laughing at this.

>har har vido game ruined XDDDD

Sounds great
>>
>>380845876
You're trying way too hard.
>>
>>380845334
I realize that this seems like a dick move but U.S. property law forces companies to overprotect their IP. Failure to do so dilutes future property right claims making any litigation more difficult if it's ever actually necessary.

Although I could certainly be wrong, I'd bet that this was a result of Rockstar's general counsel than it was them actually caring about single player mods.
>>
>>380846089
Indeed he is!
He's obviously a meanie fancypants!
We need to fight all these poopyheads posting negative revrev's on GTA V's steam page!
Go V!
>>
File: 1497695020225.jpg (76KB, 632x880px) Image search: [Google]
1497695020225.jpg
76KB, 632x880px
Well fug it's never coming back now, no matter what happens.
>>
>>380842418
>This is not fair at all for [huge corporation]

You sympathies are misguided, cuck
>>
Poor company gets punished for treating its most loyal users like shit

>b-but its Take Two not Rockstar

Yeah just like its EAs fault if Bioware is shit
>>
File: 1495940321521.jpg (49KB, 494x433px) Image search: [Google]
1495940321521.jpg
49KB, 494x433px
>>380842418
>was developed by the rockstar in the UK and the companies responsible for all these shitty choices are American.

Fucking dumbass
>>
>Rating GTA 5 negative on a platform it sold next to nothing on.

Sure gonna have an impact
>>
>>380846127
totally unrelated
>>
>>380846089
Well shit, apologies.
>>
>>380846405
Its one of the highest sellers on Steam,what the fuck are you talking about?
>>
>>380846405
>next to nothing
It sold 7 million copies.
But even then, Rockstar has to fuck off from PC.
GTA 4 was a piece of shit, and so was GTA V, and now they decided to focus on the microtransactions-bait scam that GTA Online is.
They need to fuck off.
>>
>>380843416
openiv simply opens game archives and nothing else. they lie.
>>
>>380843416
>eats up empty corporate talk
>calls others shills
>>
>>380846248
What happened to R*'s positive stance on mods?
>>
>>380842418
pCucks are not people
>>
>>380846604
Rockstar has a positive stance.
Take Two is the one that made this happen.
Rockstar has no say on that.
>>
>>380842418
>defending companies that try everything hey can get away with to get your money
The review bombing will do literally nothing since people will still eat up whatever because omg geeee teeee aiiii but defending companies you don't own/are a shareholder of is literal cuck-tier.
>>
>>380846242
Doesn't patent law cover most software stuff, not copyright?
>>
>>380846851
Look
>>380843751
>>380844308
>>380844498
>>
>>380843245
This is so fucking scummy. This is like supervillain shit.
>>
>>380846242
came here to post this
>beaten to the punch
good job anon. someone needs to post this to steam board.
Thread posts: 70
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.