[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Spend 2000 bucks on a new computer >doesn't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

>Spend 2000 bucks on a new computer
>doesn't have a turbo button
>>
>>380833864
cuck.
>>
Haha! Memes...
>>
>>380833917
The Joker, as I feel he could learn a lot from me as I too am a sociopath. Sure, I haven't been classified as such by a psychological professional (I'm far too smart for that) but I recognize enough symptoms to know I'm mentally 'ill'. Personally, I feel that the Joker has yet to realize his full potential and he could learn a thing or two about from me. We would probably bond over our mutual hate for society and it hypocrisy and how other people are only useful as pawns. We could take turns showing each other our knife collections, though I'm sure mine is much larger than his.
>>
It doesn't because you already are a turbo faggot.
>>
Most of asus motherboards have it
>>
Turbo buttons just slow it down anyway. seriously. why the called it "turbo" I'll never know.
>>
>>380833864
>spend $280 on new GPU
>$140 on new CPU
>play ps2 games on emulator

Why is there no modern equivalent of Crysis 1? inb4 someone posts one of the many pretty games that looks good but has shit gameplay, Crysis 1 looked amazing AND was fun as fuck.
>>
>>380834000
your cuck turbo button only makes your wife's bull thrust harder.
>>
File: doug button.jpg (11KB, 244x206px) Image search: [Google]
doug button.jpg
11KB, 244x206px
>>380833864
>doesn't have a Doug button

you don't know pain, anon
>>
>my first computer was a backbook pro

>seeing old computers and hearing about the old internet days when speed was slow

thank god I didn't have to deal with that shit
>>
>>380833864
What did the turbo buttons actually do?
>>
File: 1471949081854.jpg (44KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1471949081854.jpg
44KB, 600x450px
>>380833864
>spend X on A
>don't get the expected value out of A
>>
>>380834254
They turned you into a cockloving sissy gayboy
>>
>>380833864
We do need a turbo button though, you turn it off to get console parity with ports.
>>
>>380834254
You know how bad modern devs make things work based on a capped frame rate and shit goes bad if you uncap it? It was a button to cap shit to that so badly programmed stuff would not fuck up.
>>
>>380834254
It's another way to say high performance mode.
>>
>>380834254
Slowed your processor down so legacy games wouldn't run in 'turbo' mode.
>>
>>380834254
Lots of early PC games ran as fast as they could, using as much CPU power as was available. The problem arose when PC games timed a lot of their actions based on CPU timings, and then much faster CPUs were released. Playing an old game on a newer computer would be like playing it on super-fast-foward, to the point of being unplayable. Pressing the Turbo Button makes the CPU run slower, so older PC games would run as intended.
For example, if an enemy was programed to attack once every 3 seconds, and timed this based on 4 Mhz processer, playing this game on an 80 Mhz processor meant the enemy would instead attack 20 times faster, launching an attack every 20 seconds. Obviously, developers learned to time their games based on other metrics than the CPU clock, and this problem ceased being an issue.
>>
>>380834251

>It's the year 2001
>I finally get a brand new Dell Optiplex with a Pentium 4 at 2.9 GHz, 1GB in RAM, and an 80GB IDE HDD, CD Burner and 3.5 inch disk reader
>Dial Up phone at whooping 256Kbits
>one minute on the internet counts as 1 call but I'm the only one that know how to use a computer so they could never find out
>first days I only go to chat rooms, look up jokes and play flash games
>find out about forums, downloading music, games, pictures
>first months went fine
>1 hour daily and it never went over the free call limit
>I become addicted
>more than 1000 extra calls per month
>all the same number
>parents are outraged and they blame each other
>father calls the number and It's only weird noises
>"Anon, it was you?"
>maybe if I pretend I don't know they won't find out themselves
>they call the telephone company and they find out
>One month without computer and we are cancelling the internet

It was the longest year in my entire life, felt worse than when I went cold turkey last year.
>>
>>380834254
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2q02Bxtqds
>>
>>380835249
>Obviously, developers learned to time their games based on other metrics than the CPU clock, and this problem ceased being an issue.
Until they started timing based on FPS
>>
File: VanquishBug.png (641KB, 980x705px) Image search: [Google]
VanquishBug.png
641KB, 980x705px
>>380836331
Looks like I'm gonna need a GPU with a turbo button.
>>
>>380834193
>DOUG
>FASTER
>>
>>380834193
>tfw no mr. dink button
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.