[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can someone explain to me what's good about this series?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: mh3.jpg (13KB, 247x204px) Image search: [Google]
mh3.jpg
13KB, 247x204px
Can someone explain to me what's good about this series?

I played pic related for like 2 hours, and this is incredibly boring. It feels like Dark Souls without HP bars, camera lock, or a proper plot/map design, instead just focusing on menial tasks and fetch quests.

What boggles my mind the most is how the game appears to want to be intentionally boring and obnoxious. Loot doesn't come straight to you, instead, you need to unsheathe your weapon, kill the monster, sheathe your weapon, wait for its death animation to stop, harvest the material, wait for the harvesting animation to stop, repeat. If you're against many monsters, some of the bodies may disappear before you're even done with killing them all.

I don't understand this game at all.
>>
>>380832202
The charm is in online multiplayer and it's likely that there are few left playing 3U online.
>>
>>380832202
It's not very good, the series is mostly shit with loads of autists that like bad gameplay.
Luckily we're finally getting a good MH so just wait for World in PS4.
>>
>>380832334
I enjoy solo more personally, multiplayer can be fun with friends but with random people it's just a clusterfuck and people are doing random shit
>>
THIS IS NOW A MONSTER HUNTER THREAD

What's you favorite monster?
What are you hunting?
What's your favorite weapon?
Favorite fighting style?
>>
>>380832591
>Barioth
>nothing, I got burnt out on generation and haven't touched it since
>Hammer, HH, Switch axe but must of the time I grinding through single player with LS and GS
>guild
>>
>>380832591
nothing beats my status hbg
>>
>>380832202
I liked it a lot when it first came out on the ps2
The whole game felt like a power trip for me than anything else really. It got old by the time I got around the psp spin offs
>>
>>380832202

>Camera lock
>HP bars

I GET TO POST IT

Wait shit I don't have it on this PC
>>
>>380832534
Yeah, I can't wait for Monster Hunter 4 exclusive for PS4*

*also available on PC
>>
>>380832202

I would like the series more if there was no time-limits. Time limits are pretty much the literal definition of artificial difficulty.
>>
>>380832591
>Tigrex
>Finishing all the village quests in generations
>Lance
>really like aerial style, but it makes the game not monster hunter, too easy and arcadey
>>
>>380832591

Probably Naruga
Just getting through all of my event quests and upgrading weapons/armor
Bow/HH
Adept
>>
>>380832202
>He thinks the trash mob gathering tutorial quests are the game

>>380832591
Zinogre
Nothing right now
Changes based on the game, but 3U gunlance overall
Depends on the weapon

>>380834316
t. never played monster hunter
If you're bad enough to hit time limits, you're bad enough for the time limit not to matter.
>>
What's the best 3ds monster hunter game? Keep in mind I don't have a n3ds. Having only played Peace Walker my biggest fears is that all the monsters are spongey and unresponsive, but with 3ds that the controls will be awful and the performance tearjerking.
>>
>>380835360
4U, but the reduced population of online users kinda kills it. Also, MH is one of the very few games where if you're seriously going to play for any length of time, you kinda need to get either a circle pad pro or a new 3DS.
>>
>>380835573
Brilliant, just like Kid Icarus. Why didn't they ship the damn thing without a second nub?
>>
>>380832202
>Can someone explain to me what's good about this series?
https://youtu.be/RgGOUn_K8_Q?t=7m43s
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.