[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm growing out of vidya, /v/ What can I do to rekindle

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: 1497572034243.gif (1MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1497572034243.gif
1MB, 640x360px
I'm growing out of vidya, /v/

What can I do to rekindle my affection for it? ;-;
>>
play that horror game you were always too scared to try
>>
Seems like you've grow up out of vidiegame but yo failed to grow up out of your childhood.

You still need a hobby to fill your time. A proepr adult would have a a house, a decent job and prbably a gf he would like to have got sex for a sole purpose of making children.
>>
>>380830454
"Growing out" is an I-am-bad-with-words-also-what-is-self-reflection way of saying that something has changed in your life.

One of the most common changes is that you have started working, which 1) limits your time (and forces you to prioritize); 2) might put emotional strain on you.

Alternatively, you may have starting to realize how much time you have put into gaming instead of something with more tangible gains, say playing musical instrument, learning a language, or finishing your programming projects.

Yet another cause is oversaturation with entertainment because you actually don't work.

It is useless (and could be harmful) to recommend anything if you don't share more information.
>>
Stop playing shitty games
>>
File: 1467673546955.png (834KB, 720x1152px) Image search: [Google]
1467673546955.png
834KB, 720x1152px
>>
Don't play it.
>>
File: watashi.jpg (315KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
watashi.jpg
315KB, 1280x720px
>>380830775
Well, I've been working for two years now, but my disinterest in vidya began this year.
Furthermore, 2016 was far more hectic than 2017 for me, but I still managed to dig some time for gaming every now and then.

If I had to make an assumption, I'd guess that the problem is that games are too.. shitty for me now? I started reading seriously last year, and most games just seem bad to me because I play story-driven stuff, like Persona. And that's exactly why I can only play atmospheric stuff (think Ueda's games) now.

But even then, I've been a film buff for years, and one medium being better than the other (at least when it comes to story-telling) has never affected my enjoyment when it comes to games.
>>
File: IMG-20170604-WA0000.jpg (198KB, 570x1054px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20170604-WA0000.jpg
198KB, 570x1054px
>>380831318
Here's my current list of shit to look into. Some unreleased.
Talos Principle
Links Awakening
Chrono Cross
FF VIII
Lunar series
Earthbound
System shock 2
Ffvii remake
Star citizen
Cyberpunk 2077
Rdr 2
Marathon series
Chrono trigger
>>
>>380831709
Thanks for the list, anon.

At this point I'm only waiting for FFVIIR, Death Stranding and whatever Miyazaki is working on. Although a new Catherine-esque game from Atlus would be nice.
>>
>>380830454
Get off of /v/. This place exists to suck the fun out of vidya
>>
>>380830454
Honestly I think you're playing the wrong games.

My personal advice: avoid any game that you already know a lot about. Try to go into a game as fresh as possible. Let yourself be surprised and not have to worry about preconceptions.
>>
>>380831318
Well, playing games for the story has never ended well, anon. You do know that there are games that offer absolutely stunning gameplay/interaction/customization (very often these are old and PC-only)?

Take a look at KotOR2, Mask of the Betrayer, Deus Ex, VtMB, Gothic 1/2, or more gameplay-oriented genres (city builders, for instance).

It is also important to 1) balance gaming with other activities in the short-term (make frequent breaks), and 2) balance it with other activities in the long-term (non-entertainment and non-job-related).

>>380831709
I can personally attest to Chono Cross and FF8, which are classic PS1-era JRPGs (story is alright, I guess). I'd say Chrono Trigger, Lunar, and Earthbound are overrated (but fun); SS2 is excellent but I would rather recommend Deus Ex or Thief 1 if you haven't played those. Star Citizen is a masterful scam.
>>
>>380832254
I love the Kotor games, VtMB, and the original Deus Ex is one of my all-time favorite games. Haven't played the Gothic games though.

Maybe I should just revisit the games I used to love. I've been meaning to replay Deus-Ex and MGS1 for a while now.
>>
>>380832549
Mgs1 holds up and is a fave of mine. Machinarium, penumbra/amnesia, and puzzle agent all caught me by surprise in recent years. DotA has been fun for a while too.
>>
>>380830454
Play games you grew up with. Play old games that you have never tried before. Try new game genres. Play arcade-y games. I would start by emulating 8-16 bit games. If you grew up with them play the games you grew up with and games you never got to play. there are MANY 8-16 bit games. Forget about politics and shit and just enjoy the game for what it is. If that doesn't do it. Try game genres genres or series that you've never played or given a chance. I'm going to play Ace Combat in preparation for AC7. Never played Ace Combat. Gonna play Beyond Good and Evil cos BGE2 is gonna be dog shit etc. Good luck! Hope it works out for you.
>>
>>380835358
Fans of Ace Combat play it for the story and presentation, not for the gameplay
>>
>>380835358
Thanks, anon, that's what I'll try.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.