[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just bought this for 3bux should I just go all in with vanilla

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: gothic2.jpg (58KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
gothic2.jpg
58KB, 460x215px
Just bought this for 3bux should I just go all in with vanilla or are there any required mods/graphics overhauls?
>>
>>380830173
The widescreen mod if it isn't included, make no other changes, everything just works. If you find your ass getting kicked too often, consider playing without expansion.
>>
>>380830173
There is dx 11 renderer mod, but other than performance and dx11 mod play vanilla.
>>
>>380830431
>consider playing without expansion.

What do you mean anon?
>>
>>380830583
The absolutely excellent Night of the Raven expansion for G2 makes the game more challenging – it adds new quests and a whole new zone which you can visit pretty early and rake all that juicy XP and items, so it balances out (but might be too punishing for a newcomer). One significant change is dynamic learning costs for attributes and skills. The expansion is truly great but some argue that it fucks up the carefully woven balance of vanilla G2, and I tend to agree. However, if you plan on only one playthrough in the future, it might as well be full G2+NotR.
>>
>>380830173
Follow https://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Gothic_II
>>
>>380830583
The game with expansion can be really fucking hard if you don't know it well enough. You are actually able to completely mess up your character if you spend points not only on wrong abilities but also in wrong order.
For example you should leave all +STR or +AGI consumables to the very end of the game when leveling them is no longer profitable etc.
>>
>>380831184
>but some argue that it fucks up the carefully woven balance of vanilla G2, and I tend to agree.
Bullshit, sure the cost of stats is higher but you get tons of stat upgardes from items. Play with expansion op. It IS more chalanging but it also makes the game better. Gothic is not casual game, think of dark souls level of difficulty for the beginner.
>>
>>380831393
You should level str or dex to 60-70 and then use all consumables to wield best weapons. There is no point in leveling melee weapons above 70% crit chance, rest you spend on alchemy, language and other usefull skills like skinning and opening locks.
>>
Can this game be played with a controller?
>>
>>380831413
Not only stat costs, there are many changes that definitely change the feel of the game (say, you can see vendors selling overpowered items right from the start). And "stat upgrades from items" is a classic noobtrap because you can't train beyond cap, while you can get beyond cap with items.
>>
>>380831552
You sure you don't mean weapon wielding? There are enough boosts in game that going above 60% makes no sense since you are able to get 100% anyway.
>>
I found the controls unbearable. If there is mod helps with that and the general handling of the character and UI, take it.
>>
>>380832893
Yeah, it's called "Go to settings and turn off Use Gothic 1 controls".
>>
>>380832893
Just use keyboard only, if you learn how to use it the controls are great.
>>
>>380831184
>expansion messes up vanilla
Like, I'll probably only play this once. NotR might be fun, but is it essential to enjoy Gothic II?
>>
>>380834539
Absolutely not. It is one of the greatest expansions for RPGs of all time (I'd rate it almost on par with Chaos Strikes Back), but if you feel like challenge frustrates you too much, you may want to skip that (and vanilla G2 is challenging enough). The pacing is also better in vanilla.
>>
>>380831413
I did a replay with NotR recently. The start was way harder, I couldnt beat most NPCs so I spent as much time as I could in the 1st chapter trying to beef up. What ended up happening is that I set foot in the valley of mines for the first time wielding (what I later found out) basically the best 1h sword in the game(orc slayer) 3-shotting orcs I'm supposed to be running from. Didn't even have to use the cave entrance, just busted through the orc camp no problem. There's a difficulty cliff at the start that just plummets as soon as the first chapter which I certainly don't remember happening in vanilla.
>>
>>380833657
Ctrl+Fuck off
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.