[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Now that we know Prime 4 is in development, are you playing the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 7

File: metroidprimetrilogy.jpg (95KB, 256x360px) Image search: [Google]
metroidprimetrilogy.jpg
95KB, 256x360px
Now that we know Prime 4 is in development, are you playing the trilogy once again? Also Metroid thread.
>>
babby's first Halo-like
>>
>>380823706
>Halo has hallway levels that you kill enemies just to get to the next objective with the only secrets being skulls, only 1 per level
>Metroid Prime has you going in open areas that has lots of secrets and can be tracked back to once you get better shit.

What did anon mean by this?
>>
I haven't unpacked my Wii and MPTrilogy since last time I moved so maybe I'll try to see how they emulate. Never finished 2 or 3.
>>
I was thinking of finally getting back to 3. Not as good as the first 2 but was still fun, just not enough to keep me playing.
They've had a lot of time to sit on it though, so hopefully 4 will be more atmospheric/exploration based like 1 and 2.
>>
>>380823897
>they both look like shit because they were made 15 years ago but halo came first
>babby halo
I think this is what he meant
>>
>>380824260
I dont think Prime 1 or 2 looks like shit. I like the colors.
>>
>>380823898
The emulation runs pretty well. Although upscaling the graphics will leave dead pixels in the center.
>>
I'll definitely play it again before 4 comes out. I bought the trilogy on Wii-U and only replayed 3 since it was the one I hadn't played for the longest, but I need to get on 1 and 2 again.

Metroid Prime has the best vibe of any video game ever made. I've played 1 four times and 2 three times and it's still a blast to play them again.
>>
I think its just because I played Prime 1 and 2 on Gamecube controller for so long but I really dont like the revamped Wiimote controls for them. Got through Prime 3 fine but for 1 and 2 I prefer the controller.
>>
>>380823602
Should I play them on GC or Wii?
>>
>>380823602
Man they really need to put the Trilogy on the Switch. Prime on the go is seriously one of my childhood dreams.
>>
Going from 2 to 3 directly is quite a dip in quality.
It's like they wanted to put all the wii gimmicks in, make it more cinematic but not putting much thought in level design and puzzles.
>>
>>380824560
It really depends on how you want to play the game. I would recommend the GC version if you play on your TV or want to do the original skips. Wii Version for PC.
>>
I've actually been replaying the entire series in release order since both a mainline and prime game got announced. Almost done with Fusion, with Prime being next on the list.

I actually had a lot more fun with my Metroid NES playthrough than I expected to have. The game has become severely underrated.
>>
>>380824560

Depends how you feel about motion controls. I actually liked them in Trilogy.
>>
>>380823706

retardation or bait
>>
>>380823602
What is the likelihood that they port it to the Switch before Prime 4 is released
>>
File: 1491005282443.png (337KB, 499x559px) Image search: [Google]
1491005282443.png
337KB, 499x559px
>tfw want to continue playing Prime 2 but remember that I left off on the key collection bullshit
>>
played it a couple years back when it was in the wii shop or was it the wii u shop?. i got stuck on the snow level and i didnt know where else to go to progress so i just gave up and never touched it again.
>>
>>380825408

i've yet to play Prime 2. is it Wind Waker triforce hunting tier?
>>
I only ever replay Prime, because I just love sequence breaking and getting the Space Jump early. I hope 4 takes everything that made Prime good and add in a dash of sequence breaking.

I'm glad, at least, that Sylux will have a place in the story.
>>
>>380825547
Did you play Prime 1? If so, then it's just like the artifact collection in that game.
The only good part about it is that it is in the late game.
>>
How is Prime 3 (or any of the 3 Wii versions) With KB+M on Dolphin? Thinking of replaying 3 on Dolphin.
>>
>>380825413
You're just slightly behind where I left off, I think. I passed the puzzle here and then I had to back track so I stopped playing.
>>
>>380825778
Currently going through Prime 1 on Wii with KB&M. It takes sometime getting use to the controls but it feels great once you get used to it.
>>
It's 98% confirmed they'll release the trilogy on Switch once Prime 4 is near completion, the most optimistic time-frame would be November 2018 but most likely Summer 2019
>>
>>380825607
Since it's being developed internally, I expect a bunch of sequence breaks. It's pretty much become synonymous with Metroid. They don't even need big ones that let us skip big upgrades. Just a few small things would be fine, being able to skip around to other parts of the planet. Though that's harder since loading times and stuff.
>>
What's the best way to emulate them?
I was gonna do Trilogy but I ran into a slew of issues (like the emulated pointer stopping at certain boundaries), while the Gamecube version works, but only in 4:3. Widescreen hack causes pop-in at certain areas, and Prime 2 is much more nasty in this regard
>>
File: 6f5.gif (349KB, 159x161px) Image search: [Google]
6f5.gif
349KB, 159x161px
>>380824260
>they both look like shit
>implying Prime 1 didn't age like fine wine
Take that back, fucker
>>
>>380826343
IR Center: 100
IR Width/Length: 70
Set this in dolphin controls should fix the Wii pointer issue
>>
>>380826468
I was trying to interpret the retard. Game still looks great to this day unlike Halo.
>>
>>380824974
>I actually had a lot more fun with my Metroid NES playthrough than I expected to have. The game has become severely underrated.

I think that's because it has no mapscreen and the controls are stiff compared to the GBA remake that has a map and better controls + more content
>>
>>380823602

Has anyone tried playing MP3 on dolphin with mouse and keyboard in [current year]? How does it play?
>>
>>380824560
Motion controls are fine if you change their settings so that the pointer is in the center of the screen at all times.
>>
prime>2>3?
i really liked the first one, but the second one had a really slow pace and annoying backtracking with the dark world mechanic. I've heard 3 is worse, but should i just skip 2 and play it?
>>
>>380827212
Feel the same way for that order. Loved 1, got bored of 2 halfway in and dropped 3 pretty early in.
>>
Some other anon in another thread mentioned how Japs don't make fps shooters. So what are the odds they'll fuck it up if they're using a Japanese team?

>>380825998
Sauce?
>>
>>380825407
seems like a no brainer at this point. hope they do this
>>
>>380825998
prime 4 ain't getting released til 2020 at least
>>
>>380827212
3 has some really great worlds like Bryyo and Elysia but it's a bit more linear and story driven (mostly in the beginning and end) than the other 2. These issues didn't bother me much and I thought it was a satisfying way to conclude the trilogy.
>>
I replayed Prime 1 on Wii earlier this year for my like 20th playthrough. I might go in for 2 or 3. Probably Corruption since it's my least played through Prime game. 2 completions.
>>
>>380827212
for me it's 2>1>3
>>
>>380823602
I'm not planning on replaying it yet, maybe next year unless I randomly get the urge to & if I do I'll be playing it randomized.

Also I know a lot don't really like the controls but I hope we can get a Gamecube-esque control scheme in Prime 4 (though I guess we'd need the analog triggers for that to completely work), I'm so used to it & like it and the last time I tried playing the Trilogy collection the motion controls they just weren't clicking with me.
>>
File: 1386481412217.jpg (170KB, 600x913px) Image search: [Google]
1386481412217.jpg
170KB, 600x913px
>>380823602
I just beat 1 on Dolphin using kbm cuz i'm an absolute madman

2 soon maybe
>>
>>380823706
Prime 3 is the only game in the series that's anything like Halo
The first game is the only absolutely great one despite 2 having some top tier designs wasted on a game with way too many gimmicks stuffed in and a really bad early game
>>
>>380831889
>really bad early game

I think it's the opposite. I've played through 1 and 2 so many times and then just dropped it once it makes you collect all that dumb shit
>>
>>380823602
Sadly, I got into Prime so late, that by the time tht I played the first one, the trilogy was out of print and cost way too much.
>>
File: 1481610789680.gif (1MB, 384x288px) Image search: [Google]
1481610789680.gif
1MB, 384x288px
As someone who has the prime trillogy, I'm extremely bummed out it doesn't have the opening sequences available. Prime 2's opening is GOAT.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tA_ZSoMrAbs
You're gonna need to turn up the volume because apparently no one can be bothered enough to make a good video of the title intro.
>>
I've beaten Metroid on NES and Other M. I just beat Super Metroid about 10 minutes ago. What should I go for next?
>>
File: IMG_20170614_113218.jpg (54KB, 611x587px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170614_113218.jpg
54KB, 611x587px
2 is the only Prime I haven't beaten

Motivate me to go back to it
>>
File: 1480926046607.jpg (169KB, 902x698px) Image search: [Google]
1480926046607.jpg
169KB, 902x698px
>>380836025
I'm with you. Every time I try I get to the bog and drop it for some reason or another and I just can't be motivated enough to go back.
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.