[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

to this day I still don't know why channel 3 is special

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: nes_rf_adapter.jpg (31KB, 640x407px) Image search: [Google]
nes_rf_adapter.jpg
31KB, 640x407px
to this day I still don't know why channel 3 is special for rf connectors
>>
>>380822336
Channels 3 and 4 or usually clearer spectrum-wise compared to UHF bands in the USA, meaning less chance of interference.
>>
>>380822336
>he didnt use channel 4
>>
>>380822427
oh right channel 4 too, I only used channel 3 back then and never used 4
>>380822469
4 is death
>>
Superior channel 4 user here
Channel 3 is for fags
>>
The choice allowed the user to select the unused channel in their area so that the connected device would be able to provide video and audio on an RF feed to the television without excessive interference from a broadcast signal.
>>
>>380822564
>>380822427
why did no one use channels 3 or 4 anyway
>>
>>380822687
For this reason
>>
>>380822759
I only know video games using RF, I forgot if betamax and VCRs back then use that or have used Video out
>>
>>380822920
My VCRs did. For some reason our crts never had rca inputs. So all our games and vcrs wwre connected through an rf adapter if i remember right.
>>
>>380822920
We had a DVD Player/VCR combo that we plugged the rf connector to so we could use it as a sort of box to change channels through. Sort of like how Dish/Cox boxes are now.
>>
>>380822920

it depended on the tv desu. older tv's that didn't have RCA connectors with a composite video plug required an rf adapter for vcr's.
>>
File: Picture4-2.png (66KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
Picture4-2.png
66KB, 320x240px
>>380822920
I remember when we had to connect this shit with a screwdriver.
>>
>>380823178
yeah that's what I had too
>>380823117
man RF connectors are still being made to this day?
>>
https://youtu.be/FvT8jG1OVdI?t=3m50s

3:50 mark

Why even use the RF box?
>>
Remember back when TVs only had limited amount of channels and you could "set" what program to show in said channel?
>>
>>380822469
We had ABC on channel 4
>>
>>380823229
>man RF connectors are still being made to this day?
nah this was way back when DVD players were first getting popular in the late 90s and early 2000s. I remember we got a 2 DVD Changer(remember having to insert disc 2? kek) and that piece of shit was about 50% bigger than an original xbox. And it died within the year.

After that we got the DVD/VCR combo. Both of them could've been hooked up by RCA cable, and our ancient VCR(which is still in my dad's bedroom at home to this day) was always hooked up via RCA from what I remember in the late 90s.
>>
>>380822469
he's using it right now
>>
>>380823587
Ahh I see, yeah I remember them being available in that time, though I thought AV cables were big at that point?
>>
>>380823686
>though I thought AV cables were big at that point?
they were, but in order to have the TV antenna(fuck cable save money) signal come through the box you needed to have the signal running from the rf cable connected to the antenna all the way through the box, which requires rf. It's similar to what Microsoft was pretending was "revolutionary" at the xbone's launch. Even though fucking VCRs had been doing the same shit for fucking decades.

it was basically a cheap ass way that allowed us to have a universal remote without having to actually change the TV's channel and just change the channel on the box itself.

Kek. I still remember having to help my dad hook our SNES up to that tornado of cables behind the TV. It's not exactly fun when the little rotating nut on the rf connector is stuck in place while you're screwing the end of the cable onto the connectors.
>>
>>380823178
My nigger, i had one of those because my TV was old as fuck.
>>
Unrelated, but maybe someone here might know; Someone in another thread was saying how we owe modern day internet thanks to the technologies of the Sega Channel or some such.
>>
>>380822687
Channel 3 and 4 are used here in Canada, 1 had no channel here
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.