[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So a closed-doors demo of MHW has been released, and it look

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 570
Thread images: 52

File: 067180.jpg (104KB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
067180.jpg
104KB, 853x480px
So a closed-doors demo of MHW has been released, and it looks 10x better than what they showed at E3. Why would they lowball themselves like this?

https://youtu.be/x1DHztVP_nM
(caution bootleg cam quality)
>>
Why do closed doors demos exist? E3 is to show off new stuff and create hype, showing something off only to certain people and making them sign an NDA is stupid.

This extended demo should have gone up as soon as Sony's press conference ended.
>>
>>380819042
>and it looks 10x better than what they showed at E3
stop baiting
>>
>>380820064

I agree, you'd think they wasn't to generate as much hype as possible wand show the fanbase that they didn't just shit out something completely new.
>>
>>380820597
want* and* jfc.
>>
>>380820064
because it generates more hype and interest for select content providers to ensure excitement floats behind a title after E3 is over.

let it die announced an entire overhaul and DOUBLING of story content, as in, another like 20 hours of shit, plus a new multiplayer mode. No one even remembers it happened though, because they just announced it. Fucking suda and shin.
>>
>>380819042
>constantly talking voice-over telling you what to do
I really hope this was just for that demo, because that's just retarded

>>380820064
Because it looks rough as fuck and the publishers don't want to show it to the public in that state. It's fine to show it to the press though cause they're most likely informed enough that they won't judge a game that is still in development on bugs and other jank.
>>
Positives
>14 weapons, so the leak was wrong about that
>Greatsword looks like it plays like the greatsword
>Not always open world, just like the old maps without loading screens
>Looks like it's actually monster hunter, with how health and stamina work as well as the sharpness meter

Negatives
>You can move while healing
>Still have mounting shit and it looks even worse because if you fuck up the already easy mechanic you can just re-mount instantly
>Some dumb run-away shit while the monster chases you through half the map that is hopefully just to show-off the game.
>The tracking shit, I guess. Although I don't really care if it's either ignorable of the actual monster fighting is good.

Other than that the game most likely won't have G-Rank either which sucks.
>>
>>380819042

>Voice-over fi lady tells you exactly what to do because the GIANT GLOWING GREEN SHIT wasn't obvious enough
>Can dodge out of GS charge, I think?
>Grappling hook to atuo-re mount
>regenerating health
I hate the button prompts, new mounting seems shit too. A way to manage monster aggro is nice but just putting on an item is simple and boring.

Environments look FUCKING GREAT.
Monsters actually finally fighting each other is cool.

Game will be fun but casualized as all fuck.
>>
>>380820918
>I really hope this was just for that demo, because that's just retarded
Fuck tutorials, they're for casuals, right?
>>
To deter elitists
>>
>>380819042
I hope the gimmicks they add are useless. At the end of the day I just want to fight a monster mano y mano, not do some dumb grapple bullshit or spend hours running away or after it. Also hope that the monster fights are heavily toned down in number, otherwise you could just bait them into fighting eachother for easy carves.
>>
>>380821545
>>Still have mounting shit and it looks even worse because if you fuck up the already easy mechanic you can just re-mount instantly

There might be a cooldown period or maybe each try requires more effort.

>>Some dumb run-away shit while the monster chases you through half the map that is hopefully just to show-off the game.

They did the same for MH4. The whole trailer had the hunter running and jumping over platforms, I'm sure this is very overly exaggerated.

>>380821696
>regenerating health
Red health always regenerated...
If you are complaining about the speed it regenerates you don't know his armor skills and if the value is tweaked for the demo. Just like how the damage values are tweaked.
>>
>>380822123
>Red health always regenerated...

I don't mean red health, I'm aware of that. that. Let me see if I can find a time code. It's possible it was an item, it was pretty dark, but there was a gradual increase in the health bar past the red section
>>
>>380819042
>monster hunts a herbivore and eats it whole.
>proceeds to ignore player and leave the area since it just ate.

I REALLY hope that is not just a scripted event and that it really can happen randomly. That's actually really cool.
>>
>>380822123
>They did the same for MH4. The whole trailer had the hunter running and jumping over platforms, I'm sure this is very overly exaggerated.

I've always assumed that's more to show off the new verticality stuff. This not only emphasizes it, but it has a lot of unique animations attached to it, like that tunnel one.
>>
>>380820064
You don't sign an NDA, they just show you a meme-y little video before that says not to record it.
>>
>>380822269
They did say that there are herbs or some shit lying around and you can just grab and eat it on the spot. It'll regenerate as much as a green herb so that's no big deal.
>>
>>380822487
>>380822123
>>380822269

Upon review it seems like it was an optical illusion created by the camera slowly drifting and refocusing. Dodged that bullet, thank god.

I do hate switching weapons during quests; I'd prefer to be forced to actually prepare.
>>
Because the trailer was primarely not for fans of monster hunter but to generate hype amongst everyone, even people who never played a monster hunter before.
>>
>release new game with shit gimmick and mechanics and roster
>everybody loves 4U
>preview new game with updated visuals and monster AI and a grappling mechanic we know nothing about and introduce changes to balance out with other changes
>"""CORE""" MH fans hate it
I swear, you faggots just want them to make the same game twice.
>>
File: 1487256055457.jpg (13KB, 234x264px) Image search: [Google]
1487256055457.jpg
13KB, 234x264px
I dont care how similar it is to old monster hunter, they've already made too many critical changes for me to have any hope that it will be nearly as good as other MH titles. I mean come on, the whole fucking game is built around the health potion flex animation and the game looks like a Crysis mod, gritty realistic ultra-detailed environments dont fit monster hunter at all, even Tri was stylized
>>
>>380822975

Difference is 4U only ADDED mechanics, MHW is taking away mechanics. There is a reason why MH has kept releasing good games and thats because they dont fuck with the formula
>>
>>380823020
See that's the thing, all current monsters are built around that very specific healing timing and what it can be punished by

So that means they either have to overhaul everything, make completely new monsters or just leave the game very very easy
>>
File: goofyshrug2.png (275KB, 582x878px) Image search: [Google]
goofyshrug2.png
275KB, 582x878px
>>380822975
>I swear, you faggots just want them to make the same game twice.

Was that unclear? I want every game to be Freedom Unite to the previous game's MHF2

I just want the same shit with more content. I like the game and I never want to stop playing it.

I never liked the arts or the styles and I still play Guild style like a cranky old man and I really only use weapons that were in MH1. I don't really mind other additions, but shit that makes you not have to think about preparation or not have to find an opening to do shit or not have to learn how a monster behaves in general pisses me off.

This looks like it adds a lot of good; more complex monster behavior, huge environments, etc, but it also adds the exact kind of bullshit I don't want in Monster Hunter.
>>
Not sure how to feel about this
>>
>>380823331
In order to account for the greater variability in quests and monster appearances, they introduced the ability to switch gear out after having set out from the hub or the village. If you make a mistake and forget to apply a certain set to your hunter or slap on a new piece of gear, it saves time from having to reload the game and then apply said gear or make said changes to your loadout (like the previous games). It's a smart application and in no way hinders the players' enjoyment or makes the game easier. It doesn't refill your health, it doesn't let you stock up on items.

This "it punishes lack of preperation" shit really just sounds like you're slapping accolades onto the games and calling it intentional design without accounting for probable concessions made due to hardware limitations and the proceeding philosophies and design elements that would follow suit with said concession.

If the bed was introduced today, you fuckers would be freaking out and calling it casual garbage.
>>
>>380823136
>Kept releasing good games
>Most successful MHs were all back during PSP era
>Always hearing about how MH has gotten increasingly more shitty with every iteration with 4, X, and XX being absolute weeb trash
>now has weeb fucking idol dance openings when old games used to focus on the aesthetic of the world to build setting

MH has been growing stale and stagnant over the years and has been in a dire need of an overhaul. Any of you fuckwits that want to complain about the game looking too realistic need to pop in the original PS2 game and experience first stepping out into the initial zone and taking in the beautiful fields giving away to rivers separating you from snow capped mountain tops, and then realize the only level we've seen on MHW takes place inside a giant fucking Yggdrasil world tree.
>>
>>380824694

I completely disagree. You don't quit out because you brought the wrong weapon, and you're stuck with that weapon and have to weigh it's pros and cons, none of this LOL WE KO'd HIM THREE TIMES BETTER NOT USE HAMMER ANYMORE shit
>>
please tell me you can at least use jap voices
>>
File: 1467866480754.png (221KB, 500x639px) Image search: [Google]
1467866480754.png
221KB, 500x639px
Will best monster be in?
>>
>>380826098
yes, rathalos is in
>>
>>380819042
>That glitch through walls at 21:30
>>
>>380821696
>>Grappling hook to atuo-re mount
You're retarded. The mounting obviously is completely different from 4U. He keeps jumping and relocating. The hookshot thing is probably part of it.
>>
>>380823136
They literally stated they're not removing mechanics.
>>
>>380827459

He got thrown off, hit one button and got back on

I'm not sure how else to describe it.
>>
>>380827536

They removed the potion flex, I'd call that a mechanic since it was a major part of how the game is played.
>>
>>380821545
>mounting
The mounting shit is great and it was the best addition to monhun. Just slashing at the monsters feet got old after a decade of same monhun
>>
>>380821696
>Can dodge out of GS charge, I think?
Pretty sure you could do that in p3p
>>
>>380827760

Lmao no. Mash button to knockdown a monster and do a gorrilion damage for free when they're knocked down is shit.
>>
>>380823020
> ever drinking potions
>>
File: 1495836652191.png (77KB, 270x282px) Image search: [Google]
1495836652191.png
77KB, 270x282px
>>380827760
>mounting is great
fuck that triggered me, who the fuck wants more mechanics in this game that turn monsters into ragdolls?
>>
>>380827874
Better than doing the same shit for two decades
>>
>>380828423

No, it's not better than actually having to fight the monster while having to think about your spacing and what attack is best for the situation you're in and what you expect the monster to do.

Don't let me stop you from having shit taste though, I'm sure they'll be catering towards you.
>>
>>380828352
Me.
Any game with climbing monsters is better than just slashing at their feet.

>But it makes shit too easy
Then the problem is capcom not balancing it right. They just gotta make it a challenge.
>>
>>380828423

No it is not

It ain't broke, stop fucking fixing it.
>>
>>380828536
>actually having to fight the monster
Poking their feet is not fighting
>>
File: ray2.jpg (152KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
ray2.jpg
152KB, 1024x576px
>no more gathering animations where you get to see up your femhunter's skirt
>>
File: 1452397427284.png (323KB, 578x507px) Image search: [Google]
1452397427284.png
323KB, 578x507px
>>380826098
If tigrex isn't in, I'll riot
>>
>>380828737
It is broke.
You just got used to it being broke.
>>
>Slashing feet
>Poking feet

Are we seriously going back to these kind of complaints? Jeez, at least try to pretend you've actually ever enjoyed playing monhun.
>>
>>380819042
Janky as fuck but that looks lile monster hunter to me fampai
>>
It looks fun, I already wanted a PS4 and this just seals the deal, but I will still complain about about not bringing double cross to the west, I was actually hype for it but I guess they don't want a different monhun to compete with their shiny new toy.
>>
>>380827651
no, that was a drawback for healing so it isn't free
in World, the drawback is moving slow while the heal itself is not instant, but makes hp regenerate, which will be punished by raged monsters, I presume.
>>
The charge looks completely unsatisfying and lack luster.
>>
>Release classic Monster Hunter
>Japan doesn't buy it because it's not handheld, West doesn't buy it because it's not Battlefield
>Release casualised Western trash
>It's casualised Western trash
How is this going to be good again?
>>
This Monster Hunter looks better than anything else before it. You mother fuckers can move onto other games. I like where MH is going and I'm hopping on for the ride.
>>
>>380829595

>Release classic Monster Hunter

What game are you talking about?
>>
>>380829694
What MHW could hypothetically end up being, keep up anon.
>>
File: 1495506640602.png (192KB, 526x399px) Image search: [Google]
1495506640602.png
192KB, 526x399px
>>380819042

>"leaked"
>damage control within days

Hope it was worth getting it on ps4/ pc.
>>
>>380828826
Fighting rex with that level of fidelity actually sounds terrifying.
>>
So are "westernised" and "casualized" buzzwords now?
>>
>>380819042
Looks pretty good. Do we know of a release date yet?
>>
>>380829807
>all that salt
>>
>>380820064
>Why do closed doors demos exist?
E3 had a closed demo because Capcom wants to reveal gameplay firsthand on a huge event they are holding in Japan in 3 days.
>>
File: mfwFART.png (529KB, 599x571px) Image search: [Google]
mfwFART.png
529KB, 599x571px
>>380830093

I have a pc and a ps4. Apply yourself and try again.
>>
>>380819042
Performance reasons? Maybe it didn't run well enough in time for the showing.
Even so, we should be against showing off titles at the absolute highest settings anyways. It leads to problems if they have to downgrade those settings later in development. Moreover, gamers have become a pleb faction who probably couldn't run it at e3 quality anyway, and hearing idiots complain about why games don't look good on shittops is just about the most infuriating thing ever.
>>
>>380828852

It ain't broke, you're just casual
>>
>>380829807
It was, thanks.

Absolutely detested playing on my 3ds.
>>
>>380829446

Okay but it's a mechanic
>>
>>380819042
They've never been good at making trailers.
It seems their logi was "everyone already knows the core shit let's ONLY show the new shit in the reveal" and didn't realize MH-tards would sperg out so much in fear that the Lost Planet'd the series
>>
>>380822735
It's a side effect of having up to and including 4 big monsters roaming around the same map, switching equipment is a huge QoLchange to address the multiple monster angle.
>>
How much do you guys think it will sell in Jap land? For reference

Tri on the Wii(The most popular system at the time) sold 1 million copies
P3rd on PSP is the best selling MH game at 5 million
P3rd on PS3 sold 400k
Tri G/ on Wii U sold 500k
MH4 on 3DS sold 4 million
MH4G sold 3DS 3.2 million
>>
File: Frauenberg_030.jpg (524KB, 1920x1440px) Image search: [Google]
Frauenberg_030.jpg
524KB, 1920x1440px
>>380830329

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judgment_of_Solomon
>>
>>380830869
1 million like Tri

FFXV barely passed 1 million on PS4 (and is the only million seller game in Japan there) due to price cuts and digital sales

Capcom is banking on the West making up lost sales in Japan which is retarded
>>
I've always wanted to try monster hunter so this could be the game that makes me wish i had a PS4. But i thought the same about Nioh and that turned out to be a disaster.
>>
>Loved the PS2 MonHuns
>Loved the PSP MonHuns
>3U and 4U were shit on massively because MUH NINTENDO even though they improved on a lot of things like how clunky the Hunter controlled, and fucking hitboxes, and added tons of stuff
>All people ask for is to bring MH back to the PS2 era

Fucking hell, so many people don't even like Monster Hunter, just Sonyposting. X is fucking shit, I agree to that, but X is a shitty spin-off made from recycled content.
>>
>>380829807
I find it really unlikely that a "bootleg" video can be filmed from a fucking tripod. That camera is not shaking at all and obviously mounted on a tripod. No fucking way this is legit bootleg, it's Capcom's viral PR Team going at it
>>
>>380820797
Is that Let It Die thing out yet? or is it later down the line?
>>
File: 1495553731514.jpg (155KB, 722x575px) Image search: [Google]
1495553731514.jpg
155KB, 722x575px
>>380819042
I'm gonna sound contrarian but this doesn't look very great. Yes, the game is called Monster HUNTER, but it was never about realistically hunting down a monster it was about 1v1 combat against huge monsters with big movesets. In this demo here we see 30 seconds of actual melee combat and the rest is just running around, luring the monster into things and what not. I get that it makes the game more of a "realistic" HUNTING game, but again, that kind of hunting was never what it was about in the first place.
>>
>>380831139
>ruin half the areas in every map by adding fucking retarded ledges and cliffs
>improved
>>
>>380831382

Yeah, which is fine. It's a valid marketing tactic now.

But hey, people here seem to be eating it up. So I guess it worked.
>>
>>380823136
4U took out swimming.
>>
>>380831538
>Show off Demo aimed at newcomers that showcases how would a real hunt would look like with all the different possibilites around is entirely fucking different on how a MH player would do it which basically involves running facefist into the monster to fucking murder him all over

Hold the fucking presses anon, i think you may be retarded
>>
File: Nioh_20170518234815.webm (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Nioh_20170518234815.webm
1MB, 1280x720px
>>380831082
what? nioh is fine

Im having a lot of fun with it
>>
>>380823020
>>380823280
The monsters have entirely new animations that people who've seen it say are a lot less predictable. I think that's why you can move and drink now. The monsters don't telegraph their attacks and then spend 2 seconds getting their bearings again anymore.
>>
BOW LOOKS FUCKING AWESOME, DRAGGING AN EXPLOSIVE ARROW THROUGH THE FUCKING GROUND TO IGNITE IT AND EXPLODE IT ON RATHS HEAD MADE ME CUM BUCKETS
>>
When will Monster Hunter go back to the reserved and tongue in cheek atmosphere of Tri? Fuck this curayzee anime bullshit.
>>
>>380831139
Monster Hunter X isn't "fucking shit". You say shit like, "3U and 4U added a bunch of stuff and improved things" but MHX "added a bunch of stuff and improved things" as well, you retard. It added Hunter Styles and Special Moves, improved gathering and made it so that hitting the monster while someone has mounted it doesn't fuck up the entire party and actually helps. You know what was fucking shitty? As soon as someone mounts a monster in MH4U everyone has to stand around and jerk off like retards instead of fucking hitting the Monster. That added stuff shook up the gameplay more than jumping off shit did. Fuck you irrational MHX haters.
>>
>>380819042
>hits monster
>no blood, not impact animation

eww, what the fuck?
>>
File: 1497476972466.jpg (3KB, 125x117px) Image search: [Google]
1497476972466.jpg
3KB, 125x117px
>>380820283
Monster Hunter World is coming to the Switch, right?
>>
>>380831082
>i thought the same about Nioh and that turned out to be a disaster.

But you don't have a PS4 so you haven't played it...so why do you think it was a disaster? Probably my second favorite game on PS4, honestly.
>>
>>380832091
Sorry friend! I imagine you will probably get an XX port though!
>>
RELEASE WHEN??
>>
>>380819042
>first minute
>Alright partner, it's Monster Hunter Worldâ„¢ time.
>>
>Longsword can jump off slides and do slashes in the air and the spirit blades turns the camera all fucking anime with "heh.. nothing personal" jump and crescent moon slashes and shit.

Fuck me, i want this game no
>>
>>380831871
More power to you, but it is DEFINITELY NOT fine.

Was expecting a mix of Ninja Gaiden and Onimusha. I got no Ninja Gaiden, i got no Onimusha, all i got was a straight Souls Shit clone with no enemy and environment variety and a mishandled Diablo loot system. Story is not engaging and is poorly presented, Characters are not engaging either. It's one of the most repetitive games i've seen in a long time. I hope Team Ninja never wastes their time with something like this ever again, would be a tragedy to lose them to more Souls Shit.
>>
>>380832076
Yeah, I hope they fix that shit.
>>
>>380829958
Just imagine fighting a brute tigrex in that jungle. Stomping through any rocks and shit and then roaring so loud the trees break.
>>
If Capcom won't translate MHXX for the Switch, then they'd have really screwed Nintendo users.
>>
>>380832393
>approaching it as souls style game

what?
>>
>>380832393
>Story is not engaging and is poorly presented, Characters are not engaging either.

Nigga you didn't like it because you're not playing it for the right reasons. Clunky inventory and repetitive enemies / areas is a legitimate complaint, but not nearly enough to take away from that NEAR-PERFECT combat. Better combat than any Souls game, desu. Fantastic game in my opinion.
>>
File: 1461396167210.gif (32KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1461396167210.gif
32KB, 250x250px
>>380824867
>>
>>380832106
>You need to be the one making the button inputs to judge it meme

Not having a PS4 doesn't mean you can't have ever played it, not for an extended period of time of course.
>>
File: mhxx.png (189KB, 400x480px) Image search: [Google]
mhxx.png
189KB, 400x480px
>>380832429
I was gonna buy XX if it got localized to but fuck em I'll just pirate and play with Japs
>>
>>380832429
>Not having a CFW 3ds at this day and age with the millionth times you had to hack yours.

Nigga it's your fucking fault for being fucking stupid. I'm enjoying my MHXX at this very moment with the english patch and you are crying over being stupid yourself.
>>
>>380832429
I do see that happening, but who knows. It's definitely coming to 3DS though, no doubt.
>>
>>380832573
Fuck you, man. I wanna play MH on the Switch and every platform has Monster Hunter now except mine.
>>
>>380832429
>>380832636
They said in an interview that they currently don't have any plans to localize MHXX
>>
>>380832553
I just think it's funny for you to call a PS4 game a disaster if you don't have a PS4, and other PS4 owners actually love it.
>>
>>380832750
Well obviously PS4 owners love cinematic, sparkly shit that lacks gameplay

But i used to play MH for the gameplay
>>
>>380832816
>Well obviously PS4 owners love cinematic, sparkly shit that lacks gameplay
Wrecked.
>>
File: 1487972212931.png (973KB, 927x907px) Image search: [Google]
1487972212931.png
973KB, 927x907px
>>380832816
>lacks gameplay
Nigga, I know you haven't played the game, but you gotta try harder than that.
>>
>>380821745
no, tutorials are for literal retards
>>
>>380832880
The funny part is that doesn't describe the game in the slightest.
>>
>>380832816
B-but nioh runs at a non cinematic 60fps and it's nearly all gameplay with short cutscenes
>>
>>380833000
He's never played it, what do you expect?
>>
>>380833107
I'd expect him to be doing this for the (you)s desu
>>
>>380820918

Like the last 5 MH games had extremely obnoxious tutorials where a helper was constantly popping up telling you what to do. Why are people acting like this is new?
>>
>>380820064
They will likely have an extended video in the coming weeks/months. If someone fucks up while playing, they can play it differently. Showing a stream where the game could potentially fuck up hurts the image of the game.
>>
>>380832749
I'm already getting World, but this makes my blood boil. I am still fully expecting it localized on 3DS or Switch. I can dream.
>>
>>380832393
The combat is quite different than souls. Not as different as Ninnja Gaiden is, but it's still a much faster, more aggressive game that is much more focused on combos.
>>
>>380833238
>>380820064
They're releasing it on the 20th. Probably so as not to ride only on E3 hype, and to help not be lost in the E3 week. Now people will be like "Oh yeah! MH World! This looks sick!" and remember it for longer since it's not one of 60 games they will see that day.
>>
>>380830932

>The one woman, holding her apron out like "Yeaaah, I'm going to catch me half a baby"
>>
>>380819042
The footage definitely eased some of my concerns. I still don't agree with all the decisions made (like moving while using a potion), but overall they only seem as bad as Generations additions, if that.

Although, the hitboxes in that footage looked really bad, worse than any MH since Tri. Hope that's just because they aren't done polishing.
>>
>>380832483
Why wouldn't you? The AI behaves exactly the same. It's literally the same game anon.

>>380832512
>the right reasons

I literally said i had high hopes for Nioh, i wanted it to be the great game it was supposed to be. My only reasons is wanting a good game.

>NEAR-PERFECT combat

This makes me roll my eyes every time. Go play Team Ninja's actual action game and see what they are really capable off, this is a big joke in comparison, Everyone praises this combat way too fucking much in comparison with Souls Shit, the most natural way to play this game is with the same back and forth at full speed whiff punish boring tactics that you use in Souls. The stance idea is better on paper then in practice but still neat and so is customizing combos strings though that is a just a masked way of keeping controls simple by compartmentalizing them. Now this is all great but again, most of the gameplay will devolve into back forth (movement i mean) whiff punish. It also has too much focus on critical attacks like souls.

Is it better then Souls combat? Sure, but that's not what i asked for, i didn't want Souls Shit but slightly better.

It's not an awful game but it's the very definition of mediocre when it could have been great. Biggest disappointment of the year.
>>
>>380832750
yeah, that's called being free of buyers remorse. Also all the Souls Shitters bought the PS4 for Bloodborne so obviously they are more then happy to lap up more of the same sewage water.
>>
>>380833634
>he doesnt know

no matter how long your paragraphs are, you're still just another scrub
>>
>>380833634
>i didn't want Souls Shit but slightly better.
This was everything the game was advertised as being. Blame no one but yourself. I played Ninja Gaiden when it came out and while it was fun and very challenging, I remember the combat being very arcade-y. Not sure how to explain that, but that's how it felt. It has admittedly been years, though.
>>
>>380832429
>Wanting to play XX
>playing X

M8 im a huge monhun fanboy and always went where his franchise went but X almost killed MH for me, can't imagine how shit double cross would be
>>
>>380833943
Brave style looks sooo fucking stupid
but that final boss looks fun as fuck
>>
>>380833571
I disliked the potion thing until I realized there are no loading screens to lose monsters for heals and consumables. If a monster is pissed you have no safe haven, also when seasoned enough you know exactly when to pot anyway.
>>
>>380833776
>this is an opinion held by a real person
I can hear your autistic screeching from here. You're probably no older than 21.
>>
>>380827860
didn't know persona 3 portable has a charging great sword
>>
>>380832993
t. has never played a real MH game
>>
Quick name one monster you definitely want be in MH world

For me it's nargacuga
>>
>>380834049
This also made me think: is whetstoning going to be a lot faster? I didn't watch OPs footage, it's too shitty. Did they use a whetstone? I think they would have to change that mechanic if you can't change areas. Also, how are you going to cook meat? I guess you can still run away if it's looking away or something. ???
>>
>>380834049

For fuck's sake don't tell me you zone to heal

Or at least tell me you don't do it while playing with other people
>>
>>380834197
He was talking about Nioh. But, for that matter, it doesn't describe MH either...what are you on about mate?
>>
>>380819042
>itt oldfags who hate chage
>>
>>380834260
I'm curious as well, strange problem to have. I'm willing to bend a bit for seemless maps though
>>
>>380834339
Oh my god, I bet you don't ride a bike with brakes either, and you never drink whisky on the rocks. You stuck-up rule-fags are the absolute worst.
>>
>>380832573
CFW doesn't magically turn your 3ds screen to 720p.
>>
>>380819042
Doesn't look very hard, imo
>>
>>380834472

Stop dragging your team down, asshole
>>
>>380834339
Nah I never get hit and always perfect the monster with zero potions or consumables via kicking them to death.
>>
>>380834618
It's a demo, which means death was probably impossible, the enemy damage was severely nerfed, aggro was probably reduced, etc. This is not representative of actual game footage.
>>
>>380833850
Yeah, that's what i thought, run along to play in the sand box with all the rest of the fanboys.

>>380833940
>This was everything the game was advertised as being

Bullshit it was. The game was literally not in the sorry state it as released when it was at Alpha. Just the way they changed movement played a huge part it ending up playing the way it does. Once upon a time it was trying to be it's own thing, borrowing more from NG, with some elements lifted from the Souls series, mainly the amrita and relation to attributes and stuff like that. It was not trying to be a straight Souls clone, at least it was not advertised as such.

They were also name dropping Kurosawa's name left and right which gave the hope that it was gonna have real focus on storytelling, characterization and presentation, what it ended up having was a joke, from the minute it starts you can see it's beyond being even an afterthought.

Yeah i am not sure what you are even trying to say in regards to Ninja Gaiden by calling it arcade-y. It's like we are discussing Mount and Blade or something,
>>
>>380834049
>also when seasoned enough you know exactly when to pot anyway.

That's the point. When you're "seasoned enough" you can dodge all the monster's attacks so why even make them do damage, right? The point is to get seasoned. Fuck off and die.
>>
>>380834648
So you are the type that goes through everyones profile and make sure they have the Armor skills you think is the best, and are using the most upgraded weapon with proper element.
>>
File: sadpeterparker.jpg (83KB, 309x445px) Image search: [Google]
sadpeterparker.jpg
83KB, 309x445px
>>380834648
I'm sorry.
>>
>>380834063
>it's an underage thinks adults are happy about and proud of being old episode
>>
>>380834756

Hell nah, I just don't want fuckers goofing off during a hunt.
>>
>>380819042
>Running while drinking potions
L O L
>>
>>380835015
monsters don't telegraph and spend as much time recovering from attacks as they used to, also no areas to run to if you're one hit from death. This is just a quality of life thing, not gonna break the game.
>>
>>380833943
>but X almost killed MH for me
Quit being such a fucking drama queen. How could Monster Hunter X POSSIBLY have affected you so negatively? I'd like to hear your reasoning because I am a long time fan and really enjoy the game.
>>
>>380834737
You don't even need to be "seasoned" to know when to heal.

>Oh hey the monster ran off in a random direction because it was distracted by cats/other players, time to heal.

Point is MH has never been hard and anyone pretending it was is fucking delusional. The changes to healing in MHW don't really change the gameplay that much at all.
>>
>>380821545
>Some dumb run-away shit while the monster chases you through half the map that is hopefully just to show-off the game.
It probably just "that one" element to make the video much more engaging but not not actually happen in-game.
>>
>>380819042
The game felt more like Dragon's Dogma rather than Monster Hunter for some reason.
>>
File: XHBa71T.jpg (70KB, 702x1024px) Image search: [Google]
XHBa71T.jpg
70KB, 702x1024px
>>380835236
>The changes to healing in MHW don't really change the gameplay that much at all.
Healing is central gameplay mechanic to Monster Hunter, thus, changing the way healing works does change the gameplay significantly.
>>
>>380835137
>it's ok they changed things because it's a result of them changing things even more
>>
>>380835236
>Point is MH has never been hard and anyone pretending it was is fucking delusional.

This. I can 2 man most things in guild within 5-6 minutes. Most people play in groups of 4...The game really isn't as hard as most people make it out to be.

>>380835368

Yes but walking and drinking potion doesn't have that big of an impact as most people make it out to be. It might save you a few times but I've seen enough people who die with evasion + 3 to know that this change won't affect much. You not going to miraculously dodge everything just because you can move a little now.
>>
>>380835642
>Yes but walking and drinking potion doesn't have that big of an impact as most people make it out to be.
Good point, but it's still far less punishing than being forced to stand still.
>because you can move a little now.
That DEFINITELY is not "a little", which is why I am so upset about it.
>>
>>380835642
>Thinks he can talk about MH's challenge like it's easy
>I can two man most things in guild

FUCKING LOL
>>
Sorry to stay off topic like this but it just dawned on me why or at least a major reason why Nioh combat feels so lack luster and dull.

It allows for far too many 1v1 situations

So it was Team Ninja ignoring their own history to fall for the worst SoulsShit game's meme.

Again, sorry.
>>
gonna be real here, looks like they took mechanics from lost planet 1 and 2, implementing that into monster hunter.

its essentially monster hunter, but with all sorts of extra added shit they've already developed and simply just wanted to put in.
>>
>>380835642
>move a little now.
You can fucking sprint while drinking potions now my dude, thats no a little bit of movement.
>>
File: everyone stfu.jpg (38KB, 400x426px) Image search: [Google]
everyone stfu.jpg
38KB, 400x426px
>>380819042
>https://youtu.be/x1DHztVP_nM

>NPC runs her mouth in your ear the entire goddamn time, even though it's a medieval-tech fantasy game and she should have no way of communicating with you

Can NPCs in games just please shut the fuck up, forever? God I thought it was bad when TW3 poked fun at it by having the witch chick conjure some ham-fisted way to talk you you via those stones during the quest involving all the rats, but shit's just getting worse.
>>
>>380836831
Can YOU people shut up? It's just a E3 demo.
>>
My only concerns are:
-Healing is too easy, and any game where healing is easy fucks up difficulty completely
-graphic realism destroys the colorful and vibrant designs of monster hunter
-Mounting is bullshit and makes monsters seem less like gigantic threats.

Probably the biggest thing is if the realism makes the game less colorful honestly.
>>
>>380836972
I'm not shitting on the game explicitly, just the goddamn NEED to have an NPC talk in the player's ear incessantly like we're gonna have a nervous breakdown if we're alone with our thoughts for five minutes.
>>
>>380836972
Am I having a stroke? Did we not go through the exact same thing with Horizon, only to have Ashly fucking Burch whine in your ear constantly in the finished release?
>>
>>380819042
Their "cinematic trailers" are always significantly worse than their actual gameplay trailers, at least as far as MH fans are concerned.
>>
>>380837046
>Healing is easy
Never was it shown that the guy was healing in battle, he only does with when the monster is pussying out
>Graphic realism destroys pretty colors
Yeah, because MonHun was all about the colors
>Mounting makes monsters feel small
It does the exact opposite, being able to cling onto something makes it feel big, plus it opens up other modes of attack instead of just hacking away at its heel.
>>
>>380837107
IT's obviously not gonna be like that beyond the tutorial quests, and will probably be able to turn it off. Plus, I like her voice, sounds kinda like Eden Riegel.
>>
>>380836831
God, her voice is so annoying.
>>
>>380837193
One is a protagonist, the other is a tutorial NPC. You might not be able to mute the former in most games, but the latter is a granted.
>>
>>380837214
Check the video at 18:10. You can see the dude healing in combat. He can walk at about the same unsheathe LS speed when he's drinking a pot. Although it still does take a few seconds for him to finish the animation.
>>
>>380837046
>-Healing is too easy, and any game where healing is easy fucks up difficulty completely
Two or three games that get this complaint the most that I see are Dark Souls 3, Bloodborne, and Dragon's Dogma. In Dogma shit's completely optional (I mean it's always optional but in DD you don't even have to carry healing items at all) and in BB in DaS3 only retards who invade and get fucked actually think the healing is too fast, like it being slower would help them not get fucked.
I'm sure it will work out fine in MonHun.

>-Mounting is bullshit and makes monsters seem less like gigantic threats.
It worked out fine in Dogma IMO. I'd have a little faith that they'll balance it ok.

>-graphic realism destroys the colorful and vibrant designs of monster hunter
I wouldn't worry too much about that.
>>
>>380820283
T-This
F-Fuck this PC exclusive
S-Switch bros unite
>>
>>380837549
>It's fine because you don't HAVE to use healing items

Stop. I'm excited for World but your logic is retarded. DD's healing system pretty much broke the game unless you completely ignored it, and that's not okay.
>>
>>380837549
>Souls this Souls that
This is an MH thread. Compared to the unchanged healing animation we had for a decade, this one IS too fast and safe. Not that a good player couldn't easily find an opening to heal during a fight before, but the new ability to walk while healing enables potion chugging baddies to heal safely at any time with little to no repercussion.
>>
>>380837874
I disagree. I think giving the player organic ways to select difficulty is a good thing.

You can either carry 500 Kingwarish and Wakestones and then cry the game is too easy, or you can carry nothing and have fun and actually get punished for your mistakes.

>>380837898
>it's irrelevant to good players (me :^) ) but baddies can exploit it and that's bad
I mean... it's your blood pressure anon. You be mad about what you wanna be mad about. I feel like that's a lot of doomsaying and free association on your part though, since if the game is going to hold on to its old norms, "baddies" can just roll a 4-man squad all the time and never git gud anyway.
>>
>>380837898
Ah yes, I can totally avoid that thing that takes up the whole screen by simply walking away.
>>
>>380838237
Or the game can actually be well balanced and not force me to heavily gimp myself in order to get any sort of challenge from it.
>>
>>380838337
Yeah, alright anon. Guess we're all out of luck you're not there to quarterback development for all those incompetents at Crapcom.
>>
>>380834342
No he wasn't?
>>
>>380838465
Nigga all I'm asking for is a fucking functional healing system. I'm not asking for much. All they had to do was add some sort of healing animation and boom it's fixed. Get some standards my man.
>>
>>380838237
I want my hunts to last longer than the others player's potion stock, preferably even clear quests to get the mats.
>>380838246
It might be surprising for you, but yes, most of the times you actually can. There are very few attacks that actually home on you. Most just target the spot you're currently at, and moving two steps actually lets you completely avoid those. You'd know that if you actually played the games.
>>
>no arts

Its shit
>>
>>380832091

if you only got a switch I feel bad for you son
>>
>>380838591
Right, because fights aren't totally chaotic now and the tutorial monster isn't completely bigger than your Giadromes and the game isn't functionally different as it permits more attack animations from the game. You know what, I'll just fold, shitflinging this early isn't going to do shit.
>>
>>380838606
The Bow has some sort of power/fire shot, HBG has gatling mode and LS has a new stab/jump attack of sorts. Although it's not entirely clear if they're parts of the weapons' standard moveset or not. The latter seemed to be usable at any time.
>>
>>380832091
Switch probably will get something else.
>>
>>380838606
>Its arts

no shit
>>
Interview with the director concerning the accusations that they casualized the game for the foreign market.

(Fujioka)"Everytime you come up with a new concept you need to think again about all already existing gameplay features. You cant introduce any change like it exists in a vacuum. You need to ask yourself: "Do I still need this gameplay feature? Do I need to improve it or even remove it?". We didnt start to work with the mindset that we need to make it easier so that more people are able to play this game. We had a concept for the game in mind and as a natural consequence of that some Gameplay elements became more accesible/comprehendible.

(Author of the article) Fujioka listed the seamless map as an example. The player will be much closer to the monster since there are no loading screens between different areas but seamless transitions. Because of this some gameplay elements got changed. Fot example you dont need to stop anymore to drink a potion. You can now drink a potion on the run

(Fujioka)"This gameplay mechanic (the flexing after drinking a potion) existed because of the slower battlespeef in previous installments. We needed to change the mechanic in order for it to become more in tune with the gameplay since the game is much more interactive now. We didnt cut out the flexing animation because it might be annoying for western players but on the contrary. We did it because it fits the gameplay more
>>
>>380838567
Nah dawg, nah..

They'd give you dat heal animation and you'd still be all up in here trippin'. Crying 'bout it's 2fast or it's 2slow. Jus like all them Soulsniggas. Ya'll niggas just like bitchin' 'bout shit.
>>
>>380838606
>being this anime
>>
>>380838870
Source? This is going to put a lot on suicide watch.
>>
>>380838870
based fucking Fuijoka
>>
>>380836082
>he doesnt know how to deal with many opponents

sounds like you dont know how to play at all
>>
>>380838992
http://www.gamepro.de/artikel/monster-hunter-world-entwickler-aeussern-sich-zu-casual-vorwuerfen,3315791.html

Translated by a bro on /mhg/
>>
>>380838870
>the casualization is actually the result of the jap players being pussies and running out to another zone to heal
>>
>>380838756
I got 99 problems but a Switch ain't one
>>
>>380839159
MH was already casual though. Now it's just casual in a different way.
>>
>>380819042
Holy fuck that looked so sick

Thank god its coming to PC so I dont have to buy a PS4
>>
>>380839238
>gets released years later gta 5 style
>>
>>380839403
To be fair, gta wasnt announced for pc until the current gen ports were

The fact that they've announced a release now is a good sign
>>
>>380839403
>Gets 60 fps superior version
>Gets G-Rank since it's a later relase
Hue,
>>
>>380819042
When I heard voice acting, I legitimately got mad there. I know it's stupid, but it felt so out of place. Do westerners really hate to read or does every game beed vouce acting these days?
>>
>>380839775
>need voice acting
Being a phone poster is cancer
>>
>>380839848
>phone poster
Opinion disregarded
>>
>>380839775
>Do westerners really hate to read
Yes. It's fucking sad.

>or does every game need voice acting these days?
This too. It's a fucking trope at this point that a game isn't a game unless there's a disembodied voice incessantly gabbing in your ear.
>>
>>380821545
>Mounting
>An easy mechanic in world

Nig did you see that bow guy fail at mounting rathalos? Shit is fucking bonkers now
>>
>>380839775
It's fucking tutorial, stop being so bitchy, faggots
It'll not be everytime you playing the game for fucks sake
>>
>>380839987
>can mount raths mid air now
>they still never fucking land
R E M O V E
A
T
H
S
>>
It's not a REAL MH game unless I spend 4 hours looting bushes until i get any action
>>
>>380831382
>chinese subs

It's a fucking leak, chinese people are the worst and will not uphold any legally binding contract. Wouldn't be surprised if they knew the exact chink that leaked it but know it wouldn't stand in chinese courts for a second.
>>
>>380840039
Doesn't stop her voice from being fucking annoying.
>>
>>380833225
Because they don't play MH. They're just here to pretend they're in a sekrit klub and start console war bullshit.
>>
>>380840092
>Flies around with you while you crawl around on it trying to get a wing break to force it to land as it flies into trees and shit trying to knock you off shadow of the Colossus style
>Lands 12 areas away

Brings a whole new meaning to world tour
>>
File: 1445184014500.png (388KB, 744x1043px) Image search: [Google]
1445184014500.png
388KB, 744x1043px
>>380840224
Retract this! Retract this right fucking now!
Her voice is cute! CUTE!
>>
>>380831025
>which is retarded

wow, anon can you tell me how is that retarded?
>>
>>380819042
>https://youtu.be/x1DHztVP_nM
Well, I'm hype.

The scoutflies seem stupid but but at least their more aesthetically pleasing than a shitty GPS line like it otherwise could have been.
>>
All I want to know is, can I play as a grill?
>>
>>380840753
When you think about it, the scoutflies are little more than a glorified paintball.
>>
>>380840856
Paintball isn't unnecessary visual bloat tho.That's the problem
>>
>>380840852
å‹¿è«–
>>
>>380840852
I do not think MH is progressive enough to include cooking appratuses.
>>380840892
Paintball isn't going to be a thing I think since no more minimap.
>>
>>380840753
You can turn the scoutfiles off right? if so then holy shit i going start saving money for this.
>>
>>380840915
I hope you're right.
>>
>>380840892
I guess.
The devs seem to have long wanted to incorporate bug pets in the game, if you take a look at the concept art albums. First IG and now the scoutflies.
>>
>>380840983
The PR guy on twitter confirmed female hunters are in. Honestly, I dunno why would anyone ever think they wouldn't be.
>>
>>380841092
>I dunno why would anyone ever think they wouldn't be

>Capcom
>"cinematic"

I was having flashbacks of Lost Planet 3.
>>
>>380830119
Why in Japan? /v/ told me this was a westernized game?
>>
>>380830119
>huge event they are holding in Japan
Wasn't it just a regular Capcom Channel stream?
>>
>>380839775
Tell me how new players are supposed to get tutorial info. If the tutorial is during the hunt, you don't want to bombard the player with text boxes, do you?
>>
>>380822381
That shit was so fucking stupid.

>You will be given an air strike, and air strike of sharks

Saw the MonHun one and the Spider-Man reel and no one laughed.
>>
>>380841717
It wasn't a problem in previous games
>>
File: 1212888203135.jpg (48KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1212888203135.jpg
48KB, 640x480px
Do people really think you're going to be dodging monster attacks while using items and walking at that slow pace or are they just pretending to be retarded?
>>
>>380819042
So it wasn't a meme

The game really DOES look like shit. I feel kind of bad for you guys.
>>
>>380831983
>>>380823020
>>>380823280
>The monsters have entirely new animations that people who've seen it say are a lot less predictable. I think that's why you can move and drink now. The monsters don't telegraph their attacks and then spend 2 seconds getting their bearings again anymore.

Yeah watching a demo it sure is less predictable. We'll learn the telegraphs all the same.
>>
File: mho tutorial.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
mho tutorial.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>380841717
>>
>>380841957
I just watched again and when you drink the potion you can move but you're locked in the drinking animation and your health bar fills slowly which is actually worse than before. You could just flex and heal instantly now it makes it harder.
>>
>>380840983
Isn't the archer in the OP video a female character? I don't think male armours have miniskirts and thigh highs.
>>
>>380841957
>slow
Are you "pretending" to be retarded?
And to answer your question, yes, you most absolutely can dodge monster attacks by simply walking away. Ukanlos' beam, Teostra's supernova, Deviljho's breath, Rajang's beam all these potentially lethal attacks can be avoided by walking away.
>>
File: 1497355403797.jpg (526KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1497355403797.jpg
526KB, 1920x1080px
>>380842096
Yes
>>
>>380841932
Agreed, but MHW introduces a number of different mechanics this time around.
>>
>>380819042
Did they rip off the monster trail thing from Witcher?
>>
>>380842048
fuuuuuuuuuuck that
>>
File: g rank armor.jpg (594KB, 1194x1956px) Image search: [Google]
g rank armor.jpg
594KB, 1194x1956px
>>380842096
>I don't think male armours have miniskirts and thigh highs.
Unfortunately.
>>
>>380835638
>it's ok they changed things
Yes.

These stagnant assclowns gobbling up rehash+rehashG Turbo Alpha 7th impact XXX edition (now with more Rathalos recolors) every other year are so fucking funny to watch, it's like they don't even hear themselves.
>>
>vespoids are back

Has anybody discussed this true terror?
>>
File: 1457758331166.gif (2MB, 356x200px) Image search: [Google]
1457758331166.gif
2MB, 356x200px
>better controls
>better graphics
>better and more fluid animations
>better hitboxes
>no load screens between zones
>on both console and PC
>monster trails instead of just wandering around until you find it or heading to the spawn points when you know more about the monster
>able to lure out monsters without necessarily aggroing them
>able to be near some monsters without aggroing them because they don't have a hate boner for humans and you're not a concern until you make yourself one
>proper monster vs monster fights rather than them accidentally damaging each other while teaming up to satisfy their Hunter murderboners
>destructible environments that actually do shit
>more of an emphasis on using the environment instead of shitloads of items you made while still having items
>more in-depth mounting system
>no difference between Village and Guild quests, they're merged, no more village babbies getting BTFO and ruining your quests
>more scarring and more frequently

>less blood
>can move while using items and not an insignificant amount, removed flex
>grappling hook and everything about it, from crossing one end of the zone to another or being able to re-mount if you get thrown off
>scoutflies being a Monhun detective vision/witcher sense, the monster trail is obvious enough
>how easy stealth is
>drop-in/drop-out MP, you sign up to do a quest solo then you do it fucking solo or you quit
>seemingly free fast travel back to camp, even if farcasters were EZPZ to make you still needed to spend an item slot on it
>damage numbers and the fact that they were originally planning on saying fuck it and giving the monsters health bars
>the leak specifically mentioned it was being westernized and that there was internal strife at Capcom
I keep switching between hype and dread.
/blog
>>
>>380843107
The leak was wrong.
>>
>>380842327

Really digging the character designs. Looks like straight from MH1 visually, just wish the environments weren't so washed out.
>>
>>380819042
>voiced
I hope they have dual audio.
>>
>>380843107
To make it bleed you need to damage his parts/skin first

The hook can only be used on the orbs at certain areas

Damage numbers can be turned off

Scout flies are limited and can be used if you want

drop in mp is when you play SP only, there's the guild for normal multi quests
>>
>>380843315
Luckily that kind of thing is easily fixed in the PC version.
>>
File: DCT80ySWAAAn5Es.jpg (43KB, 812x291px) Image search: [Google]
DCT80ySWAAAn5Es.jpg
43KB, 812x291px
>>380840747
How is it fucking not?

These games do 3-4 million sales on portables in the Japan alone. Like he said this game is probably only gonna do 1 million tops in Japan which means for it to sell as well as other games in the series it will need to do 3-4 million in the west to make up for lost Japan sales.

MH4U and MHGen had some of the biggest marketing pushes in the west which lead to MH4U doing 1.5 million in the west and MHGen doing 1 million respectively. In the west ALONE MH4U sold better than SFV in all regions, which leads back to the question, why abandon handhelds? Its fucking dumb?
>>
File: Image 245.jpg (558KB, 1297x897px) Image search: [Google]
Image 245.jpg
558KB, 1297x897px
>>380843942
>>
>>380843942
>Why abandon one platform?
Why not if you can get 3?
>>
>>380843942
so what if they gonna focus on the west? salty much?
>>
>>380843942
>the games sell well on the handhelds
>this means they won't sell well on consoles
What kind of backwards logic is that? What makes you think they won't sell EVEN BETTER on home consoles than they do on handhelds?
>>
>>380844205
because hurrr durr japan
>>
>>380843942
>resident evil 6
>15% japan
>85% overseas
Just goes to show overseas has shit taste.
>>
>>380844329
You're overseas.
>>
>>380844205
Because they've tried it multiple times and it doesn't fucking work.
>>
>>380844436
Source?
>>
File: photo.jpg (96KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
photo.jpg
96KB, 900x900px
>>380844075
Can you explain what this image is showing me? Is it saying they'll lose money in Japan and are using the west to make up for it
>>380844182
No I have a PC/Vita/3DS. I can play MHWorld. I have nothing to be "salty" about

>>380844205
>>380844282
So you dont follow MH's sales history at all I'm guessing? Japan makes up the bulk of MH sales. Always have always will. Consoles are not as popular as handhelds in Japan. MH games always sell better on handhelds rather than consoles. Tri was on the best selling home console in Japan and only sold 1 million copes. That same year they released Portable 3rd that was literally the same game with removed mechanics and it sold 5 times that.
>>
>>380844623
It means they are targeting more sales in the West. Even in that chart alone, you can see they've been doing that since 2 years ago.
>>
>>380844623
Kill me, Pete.
>>
>>380844614
Look up the sales for Tri, 3U and 3rd HD. They're on console and sold significantly less than the handheld games.
>>
>>380844623
Tri was when the series jumped platforms, so it had naturally low sales, because the playerbase remained on PSP.
I know how popular handhelnds in Japan, but it's the very opposite in the west. I know many people who'd like to get into the series, but they just refuse to play on a tiny screen with cramped controls.
Portability only restricts the franchise.
>>
>>380843942
http://www.vgchartz.com/game/7683/devil-may-cry-4/
http://www.vgchartz.com/game/47359/resident-evil-6/
http://www.vgchartz.com/game/84734/monster-hunter-4-ultimate/

???????
>>
>>380844915
>Genre: Role-Playing
>>
>>380844985
Yes and?
>>
>>380845036
There are no RPG elements in MH, it's a pure action game.
>>
File: 1350093637953.png (27KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1350093637953.png
27KB, 400x400px
>get PS4 version
>no delay, will have an online community
>get PC version
>delayed, but looks and runs the best. online community will evaporate in a month tops
>>
>>380845087
That's objectively wrong. But I respect your opinion.
>>
>>380843107
>damage numbers
Not gonna complain too much about anything that puts useful player feedback into the game instead of having to rely on a wiki. Instead of going online to read about each monsters hitzones you can just see for yourself how effective your attacks are.
>>
>>380845113
I only want to play with my friends anyway. Playing with randoms is shit.
>>
File: 1334541469912.jpg (77KB, 569x510px) Image search: [Google]
1334541469912.jpg
77KB, 569x510px
>>380821545
>most likely won't have G-Rank

Now I'm really worried.
>>
>>380845113
If people are still playing EDF 4.1 then people will still be playing monster hunter.
>>
>>380844735
Ah I see thanks. Seems like an odd choice to me though. MH is a multi million selling series when on handhelds in Japan. They honestly expect the west to pick up Japan's slack when World releases and sell 2-3 million copies?

>>380844915
>vgchartz
lmao

>>380844868
To prepare for the series jumping platforms Capcom release a port of MHG on Wii before releasing MH Tri which only sold 1 million .the series jumped platforms a year later with 3DS with Tri G and sold 2.1 million copes in Japan. And 2 years later on that same platform MH4 sold 4.1 million copies

the series jumping platforms has nothing to do with it
>>
>>380845218
On the bright side:
>G-rank will be a modestly priced DLC and not a full priced game you have to buy twice
>>
>>380845218
Wait for Monster Hunter World G.
>>
>>380845113
>Playing with randoms
>Playing with hackers
>Not playing alone and show that you are the real apex predator around here.
>>380845218
It's always been like this, why are people surprised? Capcom ships one with HR first, then an expansion comes along to put G - Rank.
>>
>>380821545
>>You can move while healing
First of all you're still stuck doing the heal animation, secondly this is not a negative you fucking moron, if it means to you so much you're free to stop moving while you're healing. Jesus fuck leave it to virgin faggots to get pissy when there are MORE options.
>>
>>380845257
>vgchartz lmao
As opposed to no source?
>lmao
>>
>>380845397
Dude just don't fucking respond to it. these are the same people that go to /g/ and greentext AMD. They don't even have a complaint, they're just retard forcing a meme of a forced meme of a forced meme. Even he doesn't know why its "lmao" he just knows he has to say it like a proper peer pressured bitch to mob mentality.
>>
>>380845176
This has to be shitposting, i refuse to believe that people actually needed to go to the wiki to know monsters hitzones.
Elemental weaknesses i understand because the games have always done shitty letting people know that, but you can litterally find out weakzones by just hitting the monster, god damn.
>>
>>380845257
No that chart is encompassing all of Capcom's releases for FY2017. Anyway only time will tell what will the sales be like. If we look back at MH3G, the first MH on 3DS, it won't sell relatively well at first, but push it for a couple more releases and the numbers will be there.

Monster Hunter
2004/3/11
PS2 - 288,559

Monster Hunter G
2005/1/20
PS2 - 237,393
Wii - 236,020

Monster Hunter Portable
2005/12/1
PSP - 1,122,604

Monster Hunter 2(Dos)
2006/2/16
PS2 - 692,228

Monster Hunter Portable 2nd
2007/2/22
PSP - 1,723,187

Monster Hunter Portable 2nd G
2008/3/27
PSP - 4,206,723

Monster Hunter 3(Tri)
2009/8/1
Wii - 1,077,273

Monster Hunter Portable 3rd
2010/12/1
PSP - 4,801,854
PS3 - 441,375

Monster Hunter 3(Tri)G
2011/12/10
3DS - 1,924,664
WiiU - 221,586

Monster Hunter 4
2013/9/14
3DS - 3,556,119

Monster Hunter 4G
2014/10/11
3DS - 2,594,453

Monster Hunter Cross
2015/11/28
3DS - 2,816,712

Monster Hunter Double Cross
2017/3/18
3DS - 1,570,653

Monhan Nikki Poka Poka Airou Mura
2010/8/26
PSP - 583,536

Monhan Nikki Poka Poka Airou Mura G
2011/8/10
PSP - 245,210

Airou Puzzle
2012/7/19
PSP - 10,093

Monhan Nikki Poka Poka Airou Mura DX
2015/9/10
3DS - 112,317

Monster Hunter Stories
2016/10/08
3DS - 297,206

PSP - 11,854,368 (not including spinoffs, 4 games, staggered releases)
3DS - 12,462,601 (not including spinoffs, 5 games, back to back releases )
>>
>>380845509
>Elemental weaknesses

Nigga that's why people go to the wiki you stupid retard. No one looks up physical hitzones how dense are you?
>>
>>380844391
I'm in the minority.
>>
>>380845176
But hitsparks already did that
>>
>>380845113
The game is at its best when it's just you and the monster anyway.
>>
>>380845397
A literal 5 second search of "capcom game sales" dumbass. Stop trusting vgchartz. They've been proven wrong time and time again

http://www.capcom.co.jp/ir/english/finance/million.html
>>
>>380845628
Try hitting a G rank monster with an LR weapon. Same hitspark, but a fraction of the damage.
>>
>>380819042
>video already removed
Man they act fast.
>>
>>380845387
>I've never played a Monster Hunter
>>
>>380845619
Read the post i replied to.
>>
>>380845517
Why did p3rd sell so well?
>>
>>380845675
https://u.nya.is/fzyrht.mp4
>>
>>380845330
>It's always been like this, why are people surprised? Capcom ships one with HR first, then an expansion comes along to put G - Rank.

True, but this is intended for a western market and we're not used to getting jewed quite as hard as the Japs are.
>>
>>380845675
Because its fake anon
>>
>>380845509
>>380845619
Everyone goes on the wiki to look up the raw hitzones, since element is a meme and is not worth using.
>>
>>380845671
>not upgrading your weapon by that point
Thats just common sense you are lacking and i dont think some number popups are going to fix that.
>>
>>380845176
The effect of how much blood there was, how much sharpness was required to not bounce, and how long your swing got stuck in the monster were enough indication to determine the weak points of monsters. Having numbers appear is no different from just straight-up having a health bar for the monster.
>>
>>380845734
>since element is a meme

lmaowat. Slime would like a word with you.
>>
>>380845726
>Not used to getting jewed
Didn't they rerelease Diablo 2 with expansion and everyone was fine with it? Or am I remembering it wrong?
>>
>>380845671
Yes and? Seeing the actual damage numbers doesn't increase your damage. The visual feedback is there to tell you you're hitting the right spot, not that you're hitting for massive damage.
>>
>>380845803
element and status aren't the same thing, dipshit
>>
>>380845803
Honestly, nothing I can possibly reply to you, can do a better job at ridiculing you than your own post.
>>
>>380845647
Even that list has different numbers then were posted for sales, and has no information regarding the split between "japan" and "overseas".
>>
>>380845716
Because MHP2ndG sold over 4 million in the long term. So naturally the same numbers will transfer over to the next release on the same platform.
>>
>>380845671
But he was talking about how damage numbers told you the hitzones you should be aiming for with your weapon, not about how the damage numbers tell you how much damage is done. Those are two different things.
>>
File: 1496893928772.gif (481KB, 500x290px) Image search: [Google]
1496893928772.gif
481KB, 500x290px
>Not found

Reupload now pls
>>
>>380845849
But I won't know how much damage I'm doing? I asked the internet and they told me to calculate the damage myself according to the official damage formula from the guidebooks.
>>
>>380820064
Because then only journos see it and will spread it's praises blindly
>>
>These people arguing about damage numbers.
Don't like it? Take it off. Need it? Turn it on. Seriously, it's just as superficial as a crosshair at this point.
>>
>>380845963
>>380845725
>>
>>380845734
>Everyone goes on the wiki to look up the raw hitzones
Have never needed to do that, infact no one i have played with has done that because there is just no need to
>>
>>380845987
Why would you EVER need to know exactly how much damage you're doing?
>>
Looks definitely westernized but with improvements and decent combat.
>>
there was literally nothing wrong with the original monster hunter on ps2, why couldn't they just have kept adding monsters to that
>>
>>380846030
thank you!!
>>
>>380845921
The image was literally from Capcom's Investors Meeting report. You're literally on the page for investor shit. Search it or use google you fucking mong
>>
>>380846056
Okay, let me reiterate then, everyone who wants to improve their performance during a hunt does.
>>
>>380846061
Ask the people who like to calculate their own damage
>>
>>380846021
yeah but now i'll be at a disadvantage, with everyone turning it on
>>
>>380845834
because it was actually a good game and expansion
>>
>>380846109
Nigga you provide the source, it's your data. Don't be salty because no one fucking believes yourass.com
>>
>>380846078
MH PS2 is too clunky

t. MH PS2 baby
>>
>>380845987
>Oh, oh no, how much damage am I doing? Will I ever be able to succeed without knowing?

Have you played a SINGLE monster hunter game before you colossal asshat?
>>
>>380845987
You don't need to, that's just something you learn by fighting the monster multiple times.
>>
>>380846180
What more proof do you need. I linked you to their investor's site and showed you a picture of their data

youre a fucking idiot
>>
>>380846130
How do you go from the game having visual feedback to people who like to calculate their own damage? They're different things entirely. Some people like to collect postmarks, what next?
>>
>>380845849
The entire thing with monster hunter was that you didn't need to know the damage numbers, let alone your party members.
That's probably what shits me off the most about the damage numbers in MHW, seeing your own damage numbers is one thing but seeing everyones is another and is going to lead to some seriously bad DPS check rooms.
>>
>>380846109
None of the PDFs posted have anything related to the sales of individual games.
>>
>>380846061
Minmaxers who like to decide what actions are the best. Hitting the head for example, it's usually a better idea but it's always dangerous. You can just hit the legs, safer but less damage. Now say a head strike deals 60 but leg strikes deal 40. You can then decide if you it's worth it. It's autistic but understandable.
>>380846179
I can't remember a GRank expansion being bad though.
>>
>>380846256
So Capcom is acknowledging the people who like to calculate damage.
>>
>>380844623
End my fucking life, Pete
>>
>>380846114
So its just you speedrunning fags then?
Got it
>>
>>380846275
Well, if it's your own autism that is bothering you, you can just turn them off. And if you're confident in your own hunting skills, you have nothing to fear from randoms kicking your for poor performance or anything. It's not like the game is gonna show the damage total of each player after the hunt (actually maybe it will, who knows). And you'd have to be one of those autistic savants to notice and sum up all the damage numbers coming from three different hunters throughout the entire quest.
>>
>>380846021
It's far, far less superficial than the half lock-on system used in 3U onwards. The lock-on saves a couple of fractions of a second needed to spin the camera yourself, which is still necessary to do manually when there's no large monster present anyways. With damage numbers, it's incredibly easy to calculate how much health a boss has (see: any matroid-like castlevania) and is no different from just giving the monster a health bar. Anyone who turns the numbers off will be at an immediate disadvantage, not only because they don't have a pseudo-health bar of the monster, but also because it will take longer to determine the weak points of a monster.
>>
>>380846318
t. longsword user in mismatched armor with autoguard as only skill.
>>
I hope that the game continues having a good soundtrack, and that they don't alter the soundtrack for existing monsters
Half related, this is really smooth
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8XwmzclMyA
>>
>>380846293
You absolutely don't need to see the damage numbers popping up constantly during the hunt to accomplish that. All you need to know is the monster's hitzones. You don't even need to know the actual numbers, unless you're using WE, you just need to know which body part is the weakest.
>>
>>380819042
Looks like the next step after MH4G
But still , hunter arts are fucking in , fuck that naruto LS bullshit
>>
>>380846281
I'm not spoonfeeding you if you think I'm dumb enough to make a fake image of sales. Youre apparently inept enough to not be able to properly search the site for data, read the thread and put shit together yourself using Google

Dont fucking reproduce
>>
>>380846296
No, it's a crutch that's on by default to act like a false health bar for the monster and to give free information about where the monster's weak points are.
>>
>>380846593
>I'm not spoonfeeding you

And there it is folks. Backed into a corner and right off a cliff.
>>
>>380846296
Yeah, they sell game guides to them.
People has been doing those gotcha bitch montages just fine without the damage numbers. Because they plan it beforehand, not because they're calculating it as they go. They know their weapon attack values, the monster's hitzones and the damage formula. So they know exactly how many hits it would take to stagger the monster even before they start the quest. It's all about the prep work.
>>
>>380846516
That's what minmaxers want, how effective is it. Sure, you know that from the blood spurts your attacking the right spot with the right sharpness with the right weapon, but you don't know the specifics, in this case, the numbers. It's generally done by those people who give you long winded number calculations to tell you why attacking with the GS with Blue sharpness but less damage is 5% better than attacking with Green sharpness but more.
>>
>>380846645
Literally gave you the website to find the data and the website that have the overall data

Fuck off
>>
>>380820064
>This extended demo should have gone up as soon as Sony's press conference ended.

no way, the myles announcement was the best mic drop ever
>>
>>380846318
I don't speedrun, but I don't want my hunts to drag on forever because I just obliviously wail at the monster's armored parts. It's human nature to strive for more rational approach to your tasks.
>>
>>380846139
>tfw didn't realise mh was a pvp game
>>
>>380846139
How will you be at a disadvantage?
>>
File: 1488332545401.jpg (39KB, 409x487px) Image search: [Google]
1488332545401.jpg
39KB, 409x487px
>>380846692
Why are you even replying to him still you fucking retard
>>
>>380846692
You can't link it directly because there is nothing on that website that proves your claim.
>>
>>380846657
>5% better
Your example is more like 15%
>>
>>380846061
Going to screencap those charged attack damage and show it to everyone, m8.
This definitely going to happen.
>>
>>380846657
Even those people don't need that. Actually especially those people. As you said yourself they already know that GS with blue sharpness but less damage is 5% better than attacking with a green sharpness weapon. They don't need to see those numbers, because they've already done their number crunching before they even set off on the quest.
>>
>>380846789
Don't ruin my fun.
>>
someone is losing their press pass next year
>>
>>380846871
>>380846839
You tell them that, surely you've met that faggot who tells you that the armor your wearing is shit because it has 10 less armor than the best one, even though you wear it for fashion and the best one looks like shit.
>>
File: 1497596648660.jpg (44KB, 392x373px) Image search: [Google]
1497596648660.jpg
44KB, 392x373px
>>380846862
>>
I just hope it wont be too casualized, will still be fun and satisfying along with plenty of monsters.
>>
>>380819042
Even though this shit is heavy prepared for E3, it looks hype as fuck. If they manage to make all the fights cool like this, I'm fucking sold.
>>
>>380846976
What does this have to do with our previous conversation though?
>>
>>380846892
They're not gonna find out who did this if he was able to get away with recording the whole thing
>>
File: crying.jpg (149KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
crying.jpg
149KB, 700x700px
re-upload the video
>>
>>380847142
>>380845725
>>
>>380847045
Well, what I meant is, some people would like this because it gives them factual numbers to reason out why they use some gear and strats and why your playstyle is inferior to theirs.
>>
Since it's now going to be easy to measure how much "contribution" you made on the game, is that mean more people will shift toward heavy-hitting weapon instead of using weapon type they enjoy the most?
I'm so gonna look forward into everyone using same weapon type during online play.
>>
>>380847202
If I refused to play with anyone who I think is inferior to me, I'd have to play solo in every single game.
>>
>>380847265
How much does a HH user with AuL song contribute to the hunt? Or a para DB user? Or a status LBG user?
>>
>>380820064

Because these demos are most likely unfinished and they don't want people to get the wrong idea when stuff will change in the future.
>>
>>380846030
>>380845725
So fucking hyped!!
>>
File: feeler.jpg (69KB, 645x773px) Image search: [Google]
feeler.jpg
69KB, 645x773px
>Monster hunter
>When you realize you were the monster all along
>Genociding animals just to make a slutty armor for your character
>>
>>380847608
>Genociding animals just to make a slutty armor for your character
there's literally nothing wrong with that
>>
>>380832393
Why didn't you play one of the three different demo versions they released so you'd know what to expect? BAKA
>>
>>380847608
>that you won't even use because the good looking armours have shittier skills than the ugly ones
>>
>>380847725
Everytime.
>>
>>380847608
>Giant monster tries to destroy your fort
>You kill it
>Somehow you're the bad guy
Damn monster revisionists.
>>
>>380847771
>You save the fucking city like everyday
>People still treat you like shit and charge you for items
>>
I will cry if my boi Brachy isn't in
>>
>>380819042
>that constant handholding
>press X to dodge the enemy monster's attack
>press Y to attack the monster's weak point
>>
>>380843107
>monster trails instead of just wandering around until you find it or heading to the spawn points when you know more about the monster
This is not a good thing. The scout bugs indicator is literally turn off your brain and follow the lights hurrrdurrr casualized bullshit.
>damage numbers and the fact that they were originally planning on saying fuck it and giving the monsters health bars
I know about the health bars but it seems like they didn't go through with it but was there damage numbers? I couldn't see them in the video.
>>
>>380847771
If you read the actual in-game quest descriptions, it's often shit like "I saw a weird animal in the forest and it looked funny at me, so I want you to kill it". Or "the princess of the neighboring kingdom absolutely wants you to capture a Rajang alive to have fun with him".
>>
>>380847830
>Kill giant monster
>Get 3 scales
>Guild keeps everything else
>>380847845
>What is a tutorial?
>>
Are paintballs dead?
>>
>>380847841
I'm sorry, anon. He was too anime.
>>
>>380847608
>Directed by Yoko Taro
>>
>>380847907
you think it's a tutorial, but that's how the whole game is going to be like
>>
>>380847871
Okay, please tell me how is following the bugs any worse than knowing the exact area the monster always spawns in, and then just following the pink dot on your map?
>>
>>380847924
He would fit in World considering how anime the attacks are.

A middle point between 4 and X
>>
>>380847995
>T-that not a tutorial you guys
>M-monster hunter n-never had a tutorial
Play the games first. I suggest MHFU and from what I heard 4U is pretty good too.
>>
damage control by the nintendies
>>
>>380847998
You actually have to use an item to apply the pink dot and have prior knowledge of where the monster spawns.
Now you just shut off your brain and follow the pretty lights. It's dumbed down.
>>
So are are guaranteed Joe is making it in? Seeing as how this new flagship uses Joe's skeleton.
>>
>>380848037
Not him but monster hunter's tutorial was stealing eggs and then running the fuck away from rathalos. And then the handholding stops there and you're on your own after that.
>>
why does it have to release later on pc?
what's with this meme?
>>
Which MH is the better single player experience?
MH4U or XX?
>>
>>380848197
Monster hunter tutorials were the trainer talking to you for 40 hours.
>>
>>380848120
>Dumbed down
>Actually have to know the map and memorize it since minimaps are gone
>Have to reset levelling up Scout Bugs if flying monsters get away again
>No paintballs to have psychic knowledge of where it is for 10 mins.
>>
>>380848242
4U. just play FU
>>
>>380847725
>>380847769
Praying to god that World gets the same cosmetic armour system as XX, probably won't though since nothing else at all from XX is in due likely to completely separate development
>>
File: 1458757282319.png (654KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1458757282319.png
654KB, 700x700px
inb4 you can't turn off guild bitches' tips. She keeps telling what to do through your entire MHW experience.
>>
I just want Conga's farts in HD.
>>
>>380848242
4U is hands down the best game in the series.
>>
>>380848485
Congalala can congafuckfuck off
>>
>>380848485
Umph, please daddy
>>
>>380819042
>removed
damn jews
>>
>>380848432
Oh my, Hunter, you're looking mad as a Savage Deviljho. Quickly, take a Cool Drink!
>>
>>380848432
Hey listen
>>
>>380848432
>>380848608
>>380848617
ha ha yeah ha ha
>>
>>380845113
LOL people still play FU online you dumb fucking shit
>>
>>380847841
Lets hope nintendo don't go full banzai and ban these monsters.
Reminder sony got cucked with Zinogre so it can happen.
>>
>>380848516
>Cant handle getting farted in the face when being almost dead
>>
>>380848578
>>380845725
>>
If I have to listen to some dumb american whore to get missions I'm not buying this game. All American VA's are shit and only detract from a game. Give me nipponesse or give me death.
>>
>>380848754
How about French?
>>
>>380848754
I agree, but honestly in terms of annoying American voices, she's probably one of the least offensive I've heard.
>>
>>380848261
Are you blind? There's a minimap in the bottom left hand corner and you can open up a full map. Watch the video.
Also having scout bugs in the first place is already automated handholding. At least you have to make paintballs and psychoserum.
>>
>>380848261
Also
>scout bugs literally light up any interactable objects instead of having to learn about them and remember what they look like
How is this not casualized?
>>
File: hngg.png (100KB, 370x323px) Image search: [Google]
hngg.png
100KB, 370x323px
I just hope that the aerial pole vault from MHX was internalized into the insect glaive

I can't go back to that slow as fuck pole vault that travels 2 feet
>>
>>380849125
>Make
>Literally just buy Psychoserum from the shop
>Literally just buy the ingredients and spend 1 minute to make 99 Paintballs.
>>
>>380849234
>implying having automated scout flies for doing absolutely nothing isn't worse
Please.
>>
>>380849332
>Follow the lights
Or.
>Magic psychic powers
Guess it's just pick your casual flavour I guess.
>>
>>380849189
They wanted objects to look more realistic, so of course you still wouldn't know is this shit interactive or not
In previous games most locations after Unite were grotesque as fuck, so everything was literally bright as shit and you could recognize it without any problem with them ps2 graphics
>t. still having fun in MHXX on my o3ds
>>
>>380849449
Not this natural after Unite I meant*
They'll probably make feature where bugs will be flying around interactive shit, just like it was in original but only in places with bugs
>>
>>380849428
One actually requires user interaction though.
>>380849449
Interactable objects already had something to indicate they were interactable, like say a bug collection point will have a butterfly flying around. They could just make it stand out more in this game but they decided to go with the "lol just follow the lights bro" method which is for braindead people.
>>
>>380849640
I dunno, the map is largely different now.
>>
>>380849640
>"lol just follow the lights bro"
They only showed the tutorial, why are you so fucking skeptical? It isn't made by Capcom Vancouver and it's gonna be literally some good shit just like Lost Planet 2 was. Kind of "westerned" but still a japanese game
>>
>>380850074
Pretty sure scout flies are a permanent feature and not a tutorial only feature.
>>
>>380850227
They're also limited in use though.
>>
>>380850227
Eh, better wait for a proper reveal since it's not clear how exactly they work.
>>
>>380850227
I think you're probably right but it could be an armor skill like Psychic if I really wanted to grasp at straws. Since you always start with an armor set with skills like that, it's possible.
>>
>>380831538
It's what it was MEANT to be about.

And of course they're going to show off the fancy new environmental effects and traps, you can still just beat the shit out of the monster without using them.
>>
>>380850227
I wish. The whole "track down the monster in this giant open area before you actually get to fight him" seems a really boring mechanic that gets old quickly.
>>
Rooms where?
>>
>>380850946
Down the road, bro.
>>
>>380850612
>monster hunter
>why track down the monster when the game can do it for you?
I think you're better off playing another game.
>>
>>380848432
hunter, that's an enemy deviljho, a single bite from it's maw could tear a man in half
>>
File: 5106_1.jpg (17KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
5106_1.jpg
17KB, 200x200px
>>380851320
I think you're better off joining the other anon in playing another game then.
>>
>>380848212
removing the 30 fps cap takes time bro
>>
>>380851320
>Other monster hunter games
>Go where the monster spawn, fight
>Monster hunter world
>Spend 5 minutes doing a fucking boring bug routine to find the monster
Yes you are right, this game is not for me, I'll go back playing real monster hunter games.
>>
>>380850227
They are but you have to charge up the bar before it shows you where the monster is.
You charge the bar by finding footprints or saliva or gouged trees and shit.
>>
File: DragonsDogma.jpg (43KB, 250x310px) Image search: [Google]
DragonsDogma.jpg
43KB, 250x310px
>>380851582
Four years to be precise.
>>
>>380851704
I hope you aren't so shit at this game that it's going to take you 5 minutes to figure out where the monster is.
>>
>>380851789
>>380851704
>People are forgetting that the maps are now fuckhueg
This is what I've been saying before, the new maps might demand this sort of boring bug mechanic. It's not going to be fun going after that Rathalos who refuses to come down then bumping into other 3 large monsters and taking unnecessary damage. Or who knows.
>>
>>380848212
they said they have a not so competent team in regards of PC development so they need time to make a decent port
>>
>>380851931
Won't bother me much. I can get the stupid bug bar to fill up while grabbing some gathering mats along the way then go kill the monster.
These new changes are well worth not having to play in 240p anymore and getting cramped hands on my n3ds xl
>>
>>380851553
>you have to acquire paintballs and actually get to the monster first to mark it
>but now you can just follow the light
Keep up will you?

>>380851704
>Spend 5 minutes doing a fucking boring bug routine to find the monster
That's because they were doing stupid shit in the tutorial trying to show off their "new game mechanics". I can assure you, you'll do the same shit in this game when you learn where the monster spawns too.
>>
>>380851931
>>380851708
Even if you have to charge up the bug. It doesn't change the lazy casualized mechanic of following the light. All the footprints or saliva or gouged trees will all be lit up for you, so you don't actually have to look for them, just follow the light. Dumb as bricks.
>>
>>380852245
Since there isn't loading screens with zones maybe we can keep most monsters in view and not even need the bug mechanic when we know the spawn points.
This might not work for flyers or ones that burrow and pop out in another zone though.
>>
>>380851931
>People are forgetting that the maps are now fuckhueg
It looks the same size, just without anymore loading screens. So it may look huge because there's no borders but that's only a perception error.
>>
>>380852245
>"""acquire""" paintballs with a tremendous effort in the supply box in the base camp
>proceed to the """search""" for the monster in its fixes spawn zone
You're grasping at straws there.
You have to find the monster's tracks and other traces of its presence before the flies can actually start tracking down the monster monster like paintballs do.
Keep up will you?
>>
>>380852441
I think they said it would be 2.5 times larger. It kinda have to with all the monsters rumning around
>>
>>380852393
>Since there isn't loading screens with zones maybe we can keep most monsters in view and not even need the bug mechanic when we know the spawn points.
You could always do this if you chase the monster through the loading screen.
>This might not work for flyers or ones that burrow and pop out in another zone though.
You follow the direction of the shadow when the monster flies off and they will usually head to a direction before they burrow, which indicates which area they're heading to.
>>
>>380849212
>tfw coptering all across the area

>>380848212
Consoles all have the same hardware. Even with the different editions, the amount of hardware specs the game needs to run properly on can be counted on one hand.

Meanwhile, a lot of PCs are custom built, so you have to make your software so that it adapts to the environment it's running on.
>>
>>380852441
Some of the people who saw both demos said one map had like 16 or so zones
>>
>>380852457
who honestly enjoy tracking the monster? this shit is why arenas are the best so i can get in and play the damn game
>>
>>380852457
>You have to find the monster's tracks and other traces of its presence before the flies can actually start tracking down the monster monster like paintballs do.
That's because you don't know where it spawns now. Once the game is out and people learn the spawn points. The same shit will just happen. Also >>380852357
>Even if you have to charge up the bug. It doesn't change the lazy casualized mechanic of following the light. All the footprints or saliva or gouged trees will all be lit up for you, so you don't actually have to look for them, just follow the light. Dumb as bricks.
Keep up will you? You're the one grasping at straws here. The scout flies are a causalized mechanic. More so than what you describe of paintballs and fixed spawns.
>>
>>380852629
Yeah so I'm saying if you didn't need paintballs to keep up maybe you don't need the bugs anon
>>
>>380852758
Do we even know if the monsters still spawn at this same areas though?
>>
>>380852575
>>380852656
Maybe, but in the hunting video, the distance they spent chasing the monster before they ended up killing it looks like the same size as the old maps.
>>
>>380852679
I don't think anyone does in its current state, but the mechanic is still in the game, and the fully equipped fruit flies aren't any worse than what we already have.
>>
>>380852245
Sure hope so, the demo players were absolute dogshit. I was literally worried they had removed the GS charge attack untill he finally used a level 1 half charged attack, probably by mistake, and then changed to LS.
Also they did say they removed arts, but then what are those special moves like the gun blazing from the HBG or the LS spirit dive in? He didn't even had to charge to use them.
Another thing that worries me about the demo is the monster running/changing area. Way, way too much time spent on chasing the dying monster without doing nothing at all, no fighting, no collecting stuff, just runnning behind it in narrow corridors.
>>
>>380852758
And there's a good chance the spawn areas will be random now. At any rate, it's not confirmed they fixes like they're used to be.
Again, please explain, how's following the light is any worse than following the pink dot on the minimap?
>>
>>380852873
No but since they're going with a "natural open world" now, it would make sense for monsters to always spawn in their nest now.
>>380852812
Correct, but it doesn't change the fact the bugs are a casualized mechanic which takes less effort than paintballs do.
>>380852908
>Sure hope so, the demo players were absolute dogshit
Yea it was painful to watch.
>>
>>380853042
It's not, people just want to complain about something
>>
>>380845694
>waah being able to still move whilst using estus even though you're locked to the animation till it finishes and slowed down drastically totally ruins the game and challenge guys ;_;
>>
>>380852679
The exact zone and environment you're fighting a monster in can and does affect what fighting them is like. If everything was fought in a boring empty arena it would be much more boring.
>>
>those annoying scout flies
>can walk rather fast while potting up
>all those scripted encounters with other monsters, you can tell because the animation of the rex' jump gets cancelled to start the "rath vs rex" trigger
>awful visual feedback on hit, no blood
>too much focus on environmental traps

Eh. I hope the full game isn't like that
>>
>>380853042
>Again, please explain, how's following the light is any worse than following the pink dot on the minimap?
>actually requires an item
>have to get to the monster and use said item on it
>or, just follow footprints and saliva and etc trails which automatically light up, and then follow said charged up light to get to the monster
>everything is done by following the light
Come on, do I really have to explain this?
>>
>>380852908
The demo was heavily scripted to show off interaction between two monsters, environment etc. I bet the monster was hard wired to change zones after a specific time according to the scenario. I don't expect them to run around that much in the full game.
>>
>>380853070
Just like with damage numbers and no flexing. If you don't like the new mechanic don't use it.
>>
>>380853138
>Slowed down drastically
Literally false, watch the demo, he was going at normal not-running speed.
>>
>>380853196
There's chance the game will be randomly generate your quest to call for intruder or not.
>>
>>380853175
And you have to find the saliva and other trails first, just like you have to find the monster now.
After that it's exactly the same, you're just following the green or the pink light.
>>
>>380853125
>>380853198
>make the game easier for noobs
>if you don't like it don't use it anon
And that's how you dumb down a franchise for the lowest common denominator and alienate your existing fanbase.
People like monster hunter cause it actually takes effort to play and having to know when you're safe to use items.
>>
>>380853294
Intruding monsters on quests with unstable environment has been a thing for quite some time already.
>>
>>380853313
2.5 x the map means 2.5 time the following the green light. is this better?
>>
>>380853313
>find the saliva
We diviner now?
>>
>>380853410
But we got actual monster interaction now, it's a good thing maybe if it doesn't happen way too often during the grind.
>>
Fuck video is down, someone care to describe what there was on it?
>>
>>380853313
>And you have to find the saliva and other trails first, just like you have to find the monster now.
And those things you have to find? Are all automatically lit up. Hence follow the light. Also it didn't take him long to actually "find" the first clue, which insteadly lead to the whole chain, basically following the light from start to finish. If he didn't waste his time around the start, he would've instantly ran into the first trail.
>>
>>380853429
Can't get any worse than the Dunes or Snowy Mountain. The new map seems to have more area interconnections, so you could just make a beeline for the monster, without having to go around the entire map.
>>
>people still acting like mh is some secret hardcore game for hardcore gamers like me when it's basically japan's call of duty
>>
>>380853505
>capture a G.Jaggi quest
>Savage Jho intrudes and OHKOs it
>>
>>380853523
Just watch it yourself

>>380845725

Warning: players are bad and trying too hard to show the "cool new mechanics".
>>
>>380853392
It's a few minor changes so far anon. Most of them you can disable or just choose not to use.
>knowing when you were safe to use items
Bullshit when I was a terrible scrub starting out all I had to do to use items was avoid an attack and potion. If I got hit while flexing I would move out of the way again and potion again. Don't pretend like that shit took a genius to figure out.
>>
File: mhworld Bow.webm (1MB, 1080x608px) Image search: [Google]
mhworld Bow.webm
1MB, 1080x608px
>>380819042
I have a few WebMs if anyone missed it
>>
File: Epiphany.jpg (27KB, 381x408px) Image search: [Google]
Epiphany.jpg
27KB, 381x408px
>These faggots basin the gameplay based on videos meant to show off the new stuff
>These faggots think they know everything about it
This is /v/ alright.
>>
File: mhworld gs backroll.webm (1MB, 1080x608px) Image search: [Google]
mhworld gs backroll.webm
1MB, 1080x608px
>>
>>380853539
They're automatically lit up in the same sense gathering spots have button prompts now showing you can interact with them. Why don't we go back to the old UI that didn't even show you could actually interact with that barely visible crack on the cave wall texture? Those were the days, right?
And it didn't take him long to find the clues, because it's a fucking demo. How hard is it to understand? It doesn't take long to find a monster that spawns in a fixed location either.
I'm telling you, it's not any worse, it's not better, it's just the same thing. I guess your favorite color is pink and you just don't like the green bugs or something.
>>
File: mhworld GS.webm (2MB, 1080x608px) Image search: [Google]
mhworld GS.webm
2MB, 1080x608px
Devs are probably reusing a few things from styles in MHGen/XX.
>>
>>380853760
>fucker is spamming arrow rain in multiplayer
>>
>>380853927
You seem like a reasonable fellow anon.
I would hunt with you.
>>
File: MHworld LS.webm (796KB, 1080x608px) Image search: [Google]
MHworld LS.webm
796KB, 1080x608px
Someone noted that this LS attack is reminiscent of one from Tencent's Monster Hunter Online.

That's all I got.
>>
>>380823280
>See that's the thing, all current monsters are built around that very specific healing timing and what it can be punished by
Are you all like, really fucking bad at monhun or something?

Monsters are not built around your potion animation you fucking idiots lmao. How the fuck do you think they base all of their design and balance around something that you don't even need to use cause you can just not get fucking hit.

Christ on a bike. I promise you retards, potion healing animation is nowhere near the core of what monster balance is designed around.
>>
>>380845716
it was easier to make potions
>>
>>380854027
Make a room then.
>>
>>380825053
>You don't quit out because you brought the wrong weapon
Literally 99% of all players will do exactly this. They will not just play through the shit with something they didn't want to use, are you bananas?
>>
>>380853634
Japan's call of duty is too hard for most western normalfags to play so yea, it is hardcore.
>>
>>380853951
This looks like GS brave mode so much is kind of painfull. And why is that roll so long? Evade distance up on basic armor?
>>
>>380853687
>Bullshit when I was a terrible scrub starting out all I had to do to use items was avoid an attack and potion. If I got hit while flexing I would move out of the way again and potion again. Don't pretend like that shit took a genius to figure out.
You're right, but now you can move while drinking a potion. Which makes it EASIER, hence CASUALIZED.
>>
>>380854132
>don't want to use something
>craft it
>equip it
>accept the quest with it
>ring ready at the quest gate with it
>OH SHIT WHY AM I USING THIS RIGHT NOW I NEED TO SWITCH GUYS
>>
>>380852758
>Mfw people complain about scout flies casuallising MHW.
>Mfw these people will rely on it exclusively for hunts.
>Mfw they probably take it away on HR and G so they start complaining about that too.

Cry more, the tears are delicious.
>>
>>380854006
>bow didn't even charge attacks much and most of the time spammed 0 charge attacks
>ls user tripping sns user
Those players were garbage. Did they do it on purpose to show that you can be utter shit at the game and still beat monsters?
They could've probably killed rath if they weren't retards.
>>
>>380854132
>Brought the wrong weapon
What? Pretty much everyone sticks to their favourite weapon. Even if it "doesn't work", most people would just be too stubborn and just try to kill the damn thing.
>>
>>380854031
I said Frontier LS, not MHO.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIQrgcWy5VI
>>
>>380854031
Just like my chinese cartoon.
>>
>>380854358
You forgot
>GS doesn't charge either
>HBG spams crags knocking the LS user around
>>
>>380853634
Over there it also has a rep for being a social game.

>>380854229
Never played with Brave GS too much in the XX demo, but it can apparently do a hop forward so that's probably why he gained a bit of distance.

>>380854416
I'll stand corrected then.
>>
File: 1456943275352.jpg (480KB, 1320x1020px) Image search: [Google]
1456943275352.jpg
480KB, 1320x1020px
>>380854330
>He thinks there will be a G rank in casual hunter world
>>
>>380853927
>They're automatically lit up in the same sense gathering spots have button prompts now showing you can interact with them
You actually had to go close to in-use range before the button prompt came up, which means the button prompt was for using the interactable, not for detecting it.
The scout bugs fly far off to light up interactable objects out of range, which means they're there to light shit up for braindead retards. Don't compare them like they're the same thing. The bugs have HUGE range. You just want to defend the game being dumbed down.
>>
File: Americans.jpg (6KB, 234x250px) Image search: [Google]
Americans.jpg
6KB, 234x250px
>>380854507
>He thinks there wouldn't be GRank to sell another copy of the game.
>>
>>380854330
If I'm complaining about scout flies why would I rely on it? Also what this guy said >>380854507
>>
>>380854478
>ls user runs up and melees the spot where the extremely visible lit crags are on the body of the monster and gets knocked back when it blows up
That video makes me all sorts of mad.
>>
>>380854569
I can't believe I'm typing this but I hope we get G rank as a dlc.
Fuck me I feel dirty.
>>
>>380853951
Those attacks and guard lacks of "unf".
>>
>>380854507
>>380854687

The removal of G rank in X and Generations was one of the biggest complaints about the game and partially why it flopped the amount that it did.

As the next entry in the main series, which is on consoles no less, they'd have to add it to keep playability up. It was probably one of the very first things they would propose to include at the draft.
>>
>>380854554
>being able to see interactable objects on the level is "dumbing down" now
Okay, I give up. I can't make you change your mind, that much is obvious. I'm just glad THIS, basically a glorified UI element, is your biggest complaint about the game.
>>
>>380854569
There won't be a second game when the first game bombs for being a casualized shit that even normalfags still can't play because they will complain about no lockon and no hp bars, and that existing mh fans won't buy because it's a dumbed down piece of shit.
>>
>>380854863
>don't worry we'll give you highly difficult quest for only $5 a pack
>>
>>380854794
You WISH it'll be DLC and not a rerelease. GRank is MonHun tradition, selling the same game with a bit more stuff for a few bucks is tradition.
>>380854863
>Implying normalfags won't be hailing this as the new Dark Souls
>Implying this early this would bomb
Sure.
>>
>>380854496
Basically brave GS is like this:
You get a super gutted moveset when you aren't in brave mode. With super gutted I mean you can't even do a charged attack without using a brave cancel (a slow as hell sheate animation). When you manage to beat the monster enough with this MH1 worthy moveset, you go into brave mode. Now all your rolls are ninja hops, you get special charge attacks after an evade and basically the main weakness of GS (being kinda slow on movements and having to rely on side rolls/sheate to relocate yourself) is gone, but you need to be always on the monster ass in order to fill the brave bar.
In the demo, the player seemed like it was playing GS in brave mode, without having to fill the brave energy. Probably there aren't side hops or else GS will be absolutely fucking broken.
>>
>>380854978
Yeah anon you nailed it.
>>
>>380854856
>basically a glorified UI element
>previously required some effort to learn or recognise things
>now all you do is follow the light
Is this what the casuals are calling it now? Making the game easier is dumbing down yes.
>>
>>380854260
>>380854412
Not at all, plenty of people craft weapons of all different kinds to switch between.
If there's a tail to cut, I'm taking a slicing weapon. If there's a part to smash, I'm taking a hammer. Plenty of situations I'll take a bow instead. Dunno why you think people don't do this shit.

And if they go on a mission with the wrong weapon equipped, they will 100% just reload and change it, not just continue
>>
>>380854796
That is all true until you realise they're trying to market the game to non monster hunter western players. I'll be honestly surprised if they have a g rank. I'm actually expecting them to remove ranks altogether to make it more "accessible" to new players.
>>
>>380855023
>previously required some effort to learn or recognise things
>tfw didn't know how to climb shit the first time i play portable 2, spending time doing nothing because i can't go anywhere
>>
>>380854978
Well if they keep u with this style of "making the game accessible" then yes it'll bomb since they're throwing away what made monster hunter games appealing in the first place.
>>
>>380855023
>required some effort
Come the fuck on anon the games made you pick up mats as the first quests in each game.
>>
>>380855163
I'm sorry you're fucking stupid. Thanks for proving my point.
>>
>>380855273
Learning to recognise collectable points does take more effort than following the light yes, that was the point. Get some reading comprehension.
>>
>you will experience the ultra hardcore experience of picking mushrooms

FUCKING CASUAAAAAAAAAAAAAALS
>>
>>380853951
>that amount of damage he takes from the monster
lel
>>
>>380855124
There will still be things to keep the old fanbase happy. Rankings is a staple of the series, removing it altogether would be an obviously poor decision.

There are better ways to make the game appeal to new players.
>>
>>380854796
>removal
U wat m8? They always make HR games first, and the expanded G-rank versions later.
And japs actually hate ramped up difficulty in G-rank, so it usually sells less than the base game.
>>
>>380855368
Rumaging animation is gone now, can't roleplay as mushroom hunter now.
>>
>>380855368
>look for mushrooms or
>just follow the light bro
Now tell me which is easier?
>>
>>380855409
Then it's a good thing this isn't aimed at japs then, isn't it?
>>
>>380855361
How does that require effort to learn how to do you dumb faggot? I hope you fall off your soapbox and break your neck.
>>
>>380854031
>the number of times he missed that final slash
At least the commentator also noted it
>>
>>380855398
I hope you're right. I really do.
>>380855389
>narrator saying you take alot of damage from monsters
>he only takes a silver of hp off
>>
>>380855420
>no more qthunter ass shots

Now THAT'S what people should be complaining about.
>>
>>380855474
Saying "removed G-rank" is still incorrect. G-rank is always added on top of a HR game, not the other way around.
>>
>>380855487
Did I not tell you to get some reading comprehension? One takes MORE effort than the other. Please stop replying to me if you're going to be an idiot.
>>
>>380855535
THIS
The real issue right here bros.
>>
File: This kills the heathen.jpg (287KB, 1161x757px) Image search: [Google]
This kills the heathen.jpg
287KB, 1161x757px
>>
>>380855428
>say hello
>wave
Tell me which is easier?
They're both easy you retard
>>
>>380855628
Lot of effort for a hired photoshopper
>>
>>380855680
Ssssssshhhhhhh
>>
File: 1471041303941.jpg (188KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1471041303941.jpg
188KB, 768x1024px
>>380855420
>>380855535
>>
>>380855651
>actually have to LOOK for mushrooms
>now you just follow bright and pretty lights which appear directly from your character so you know where to look
Yes they're different. You now no longer have to search since the light searches for you.
>>
>>380855767
>HAVE to look for mushrooms
Yes, because that conspicuously colored thing that stays in the same place everytime requires effort to find.
>>
>>380855745
I was waiting for this.
>>
>>380855767
>resource points didn't always spawn in the exact same places and stand out like christmas trees as it was
nintendofriend
>>
I never realized mushroom-picking quest is popular enough to generate discussion.
>>
>>380855853
Still takes MORE effort than following the pretty lights. How many times do I have to repeat it? Following the lights makes it easier since they do the searching for you now.
>>
>>380855879
You fuckers are really stupid. Following the lights are EASIER hence MAKES THE GAME EASIER. If you can't even realise this yourself you're fucking retarded.
>>
>>380855963
What difference does it make? It's the choice between having an arrow point out things and coloring something neongreen in a black background. It's not better, it's not worse.
>>
>>380855930
It's a last ditch attempt like the nazis of 1945. Hopefully the suicide comes soon.
>>
>>380855930
>>380856061
Actually, it's not even about mushrooms, it's about all the hand holding the game is adding with the scout bugs. Scout bugs = hand holding = casualizing the game.
Thread posts: 570
Thread images: 52

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.