[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Reminder that the Quake Champions beta is OPEN 24/7 NOW The

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 7

File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (57KB, 1728x972px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
57KB, 1728x972px
Reminder that the Quake Champions beta is OPEN 24/7 NOW

The beta is "CLOSED" but if you sign-up you pretty much get a code sent to you immediately

Get a key:

https://quake.bethesda.net/en/signup

Get the fuck in here

Play some fucking Quake

Post your ID, play some Quake someone here
>>
Wonder how long this will survive until nobody cares, like what happened to quake live.
>>
>>380817623
It's funny because the game is already dying in the beta. Champions has no lasting appeal.
>>
>>380817623
nobody wanted it marketer
>>
>create Bethesda account
>>
>>380817623
Game is already dead, nobody gives a shit. They fucked up the chance to give the genre something fresh by listening to the whiners who demanded a copy paste of Quake 3 on a new engine. Well, guess what, they got it, but surprise! They aren't playing it because they don't actually know what they want, which is why Reflex, Toxikk and UT4 all failed as well.

RIP arena, it was fun while it lasted
>>
Daily reminder that telefragging people is the only way to play Ranger.
>>
>>380818303
Who would have thought that throwing in shitty abilities and gimping movement wouldn't make arena shooters fun in 2017
>>
>>380819403
actually on the contrary it feels worse than quake 3 which is why nobody wants to play it. the weapons all have embedded input lag and the framerate drops are ridiculous but that one could be my machine. the hero system is shit, the new duel system is far from "classic" like they said it would be, and overall the whole thing didn't work with arena shooters, there were too many small differences between the characters.

quake live was "quake 3 pasted in a new engine with a few new things" and people play it over quake 3 because it is fucking better
>>
>>380819606

>gimping movement

I haven't heard much about this game but this doesn't seem very appealing to me any more.
>>
>>380819892
>the weapons all have embedded input lag
is this actually a thing? i thought it felt weird when i played it, but couldn't really put my finger on it.
>>
>>380819949
i don't know about gimping movement, i found sorlag fun to play with, but i really dislike that not every character could airstrafe and crouch slide, and some of the abilities just aren't very fun to play against like that zombie lady with mines which slows the game down to target practice or you lose 50 fucking health, or the woman that can go invisible and invulnerable and just run away midbattle. some of the bigger classes too feel like sponges and gives them a huge advantage just speed alone doesn't really give the lighter classes. i would need to play much more to come to a more educated opinion but on paper this doesn't seem very appealing. i wish i could play more than what i have but the game runs like shit for me on anything other than the lowest of the low settings it allows (not even allowing me to turn off antialiasing for fucks sake, thats my real problem i bet too) and even then with framerate drops to sub 5 fps in certain areas

>>380820253
rocketlauncher is the most obvious but everything felt slight delay. will probably be fixed by release though so i wont consider that a problem
>>
>>380820253
Only the rocket launcher has/had it (haven't played the latest patch), the rest of the weapons don't have it, that anon is full of shit.
>>
>>380817623
don't bother guys this game is boring as shit.
>>
>>380820394
>shoot lightning gun directly on enemy
>no damage for 400 ms
yeah okay
>>
>>380819892
Nobody believes you people who claim to want a copy and paste arena shooter anymore. You've had like 10 chances, but none of you actually want to play arena shooters anymore, it couldn't be any more obvious. You just want to cry and complain about how everything is casual trash nowadays, but that's all you will play.

Hell, nobody even plays Quake 3 / Live anymore.

>>380819949
They essentially removed every movement mechanic from Quake and divvied up each mechanic as passives to the champions. For instance, Anarki has air control whilst others do not.
>>
>>380820801
Nobody plays Quake copies because they aren't Quake.

>Hell, nobody even plays Quake 3 / Live anymore.
That's wrong, Live is the most popular Quake
>>
im just fucking pissy about the netcode its so horrible and inconsistent. it use to be good when the first closed beta wave came around
>>
File: quakelive.png (30KB, 709x124px) Image search: [Google]
quakelive.png
30KB, 709x124px
>>380820989
Right.

I mean, yeah, if you're a foreigner you might get a game. If you're in the US you might get a freeze tag game going during peak hours.

Most people would consider this dead, however.
>>
>>380820989
>Live is the most popular Quake
>Can't even get 500 concurrent users
I don't know how Quake Champions will fare, but QL is dead and the release of Q:C pretty much siphoned all the potential new players QL might've ever gotten.
>>
>>380820801
quake 3 and live did not have air control anything close to anarki in quake champions
>>
>>380821304
Quake World
>>
>>380820801
>Nobody believes you people who claim to want a copy and paste arena shooter anymore
>you people
i have literally never said this, in fact i believe this is a bad thing because arena shooter scene is dying and yet more arena shooters are spreading the stagnating userbase further apart causing us to splinter. i would be completely content with everyone staying on quakeworld forever, but now i have friends always playing quake live, occasionally playing reflex, or ratz instagib, or xonotic where my freefags reside, or telling me about unreal 4 and quake champions. some left entirely to play team fortress 2 and only occasionally come back. most others reminiscing the days of warsow and quake 2, or even playing doom/duke 3d multiplayer zandronum/meltdown respectively, and hyping up upcoming arena shooters i have no fucking interest in like whatever that meme happy face one built on top of the free to play cosmetic cancer shit or upcoming descent clones like SOL and overload fuck all you faggots for thinking i demand this stupid shit. i am absolutely satiated, i don't think having 50 games for the same thing to be a good thing, i hate the living fuck out of cashins like reflex which is just a 1:1 copy of cpma or toxikk which is just a copy of unreal. there is no originality in the genre and i wish it would die so the games i already play don't
>>
>>380821556
You can combine the playerbase of all of those games and you can't even break 1000 lmao. Give it up, not even vets want to play the same shit we played 20+ years ago.
>>
>>380821556
Quake: Champions is pretty much the last hope for the genere. If it doesn't succeed, I don't see anyone else reviving it, not in the foreseeable future, at least.
The only realistic candidate was UT4, but it's progressing so slowly and has so little money behind it that nobody really gives a shit about it.
>>
>>380821945
Diabotical might be decent
>>
>>380821646
thats what im talking about though. arena shooters demand thousands of hours to get better at so people settle for the one others are playing. if a new game wants to get users, it needs to get users, good luck. its the same shit with real time strategy games, where only two games really exist; starcraft and age of empires 2. even blizzard knew this, that is why the starcraft remake is going to be backwards compatible with the original, and the original is free. i don't hope quake champions fails, but if it does i hope it is monumental enough to not allow other quake live players to convert
>>
>>380822058
I think they have a lot of neat ideas behind it, but I don't see any evidence of a good game yet, more like a collection of features.
>>
please play this game
>>
>>380822389
Yeah; they definitely have a ways to go
>>
>>380821945
What about Lawbreakers?
>>
File: 1490577479626.jpg (23KB, 719x714px) Image search: [Google]
1490577479626.jpg
23KB, 719x714px
Oh so it really is bad. The memes were true. This is unfortunate.
>>
>>380822438
Fix the damn netcode first. Severe projectile delay and low fps causing stuttering opponents are not okay.
>>
>>380822608
I think it's too much of it's own thing, to have any impact on the classic arena shooter scene. I played it for like 5 hours during one of the CBT waves and couldn't form a coherent opinion about it because it felt really janky and unfinished.
>>
welp, apparently my toaster's too toasty to run qc. guess i'll stick with ql for when i want my quake fix.
>>
>>380817623
How hard will this game flop?
>>
>>380823170
If it's going to get a Steam release: not very, if it won't - it'll flop real hard.
>>
Your opinions don't matter in the slightest. It only matters if the of casuals like it, and you know it.
>>
File: 1478180268915.jpg (455KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1478180268915.jpg
455KB, 1280x720px
>Make Quake game using Overwatch type hero system
>Have to rent them or buy them with real money
What the fuck were they thinking?
>>
>>380823738
money
>>
>>380823738
If this is true then I will boycott this game.
>>
>>380824110
You rent with in-game currency, set to an amount that you can currently get by playing maybe 5 games. They also drop from loot boxes at which point they're given to you permanently but it doesn't even matter since only 3 characters are actually useful for going fast and getting kills.
>>
>lock characters behind paywall or "rent" them for couple of hours
LMAO ded game, I hate blizzard but they know better than to lock characters behind paywall.
>>
>>380824858
quake champions is free to play though, this is the league of legends system and it seems to work for them
>>
>>380818221
the beta doesn't feel that popular at this time, bethesda is doing the deals with twitch streamers and youtubes to shill it but even so, the numbers aren't that great. i think this is just going to be a weird quake that only a few fans play and quake live players will have a new game to mock in their elitist glory

also duel is seriously a downgrade from older duels. map control and brain play is less important, and with a 5 min time limit on rounds and a frag limit of 3 (????????????????) there's no room for real endurance in map control and interesting comebacks
>>
Have they fixed weapons yet? Last time I played, the only weapons that were even usable were the lightning gun, super shotgun, and railgun. Rocket trajectories were fucked as was splash damage, and the machine gun and nailgun were literally useless because rounds would just go through enemies harmlessly due to netcode and a bug. Have they also removed Nyx? That champion is broken bullshit so small and fast as to essentially be invincible because of a tiny hit box that is nigh impossible to hit with anything other than the hitscan lightning gun, not even taking into account her broken invisibility power.
>>
>>380825187
Projectile delay is still retarded and it's almost like hit detection got worse somehow. Even on E3's QC "esports" shit over LAN, rails were going through people.
>>
File: 3907-doom-dos-front-cover[1].jpg (277KB, 800x1207px) Image search: [Google]
3907-doom-dos-front-cover[1].jpg
277KB, 800x1207px
>release game for "free"
>lock 3/4 of the game behind a paywall

This is fucking bullshit. Fuck these guys.
>>
>>380821182
well in a game known for 1v1 this is a pretty big deal. most matches are at most 4v4 and some servers fill up to 12v12 daily in the US alone. players stay for hours so it doesn't ever feel dead
>>
File: relevant.jpg (120KB, 920x348px) Image search: [Google]
relevant.jpg
120KB, 920x348px
>>380822058
this game lost me when buying skins became a selling point. i strongly dislike stupid shit like lootcrates and other microtransactions, and the kickstarter heralded a skin for a reward if you spent 3000 dollars or some shit fuck them. in quake 3 if you wanted a skin you just installed one, good luck converting stingy arena autists like me you kikes. this is one of my biggest problems with reflex, literally cpma with golden dildos for weapons. they haven't even put textures in the fucking game yet (m-muh minimalist artstyle), but are selling weapons. im tired of this trend, i want videogames to go back to a hobby project and not just a cash cow. i hope they fail
>>
>>380817623
My sensitivity is not like in q3 and it makes me mad
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.