[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Heading to Wal-Mart to buy a Switch >Decide I don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

File: image.jpg (79KB, 357x399px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
79KB, 357x399px
>Heading to Wal-Mart to buy a Switch
>Decide I don't want to spend around $450 for ONE game
>Switch, Zelda, Pro Controller, Season Pass
>Go to Gamestop and buy new copy of Nier: Automata for $45 and $30 in PSN cards
>Get home and decide to finally play my copy of Witcher 3
>Witcher 3 Season Pass is on sale for $12.49

Did I make the best decision?
>>
Yes.
>>
>>380803825
Yes. Wait on the Switch until it has more games.

Captcha: Nierstein 6000
>>
Are you saying....a new console....costs more....than buying games....for an older console...you already own?

Consider my almonds all the way to activation status!
>>
File: They'll_Never_Believe_You.jpg (37KB, 359x450px) Image search: [Google]
They'll_Never_Believe_You.jpg
37KB, 359x450px
Eh, they're all alright. Nier is probably the most well-rounded. You might remember it, but the replay value is pretty low and it doesn't have the same lasting/memorable atmosphere as the first one.

BotW is a solid tech demo (for technology you probably have already experienced, albeit not in a hodgepodge) and TW3 is so much fucking respectable effort for what amounts to shitty storytelling and serviceable combat.

tl;dr I won't be replaying any of them ever, and there isn't much from them I want to see in games in the future.
>>
Nier is unironically Undertale for weeaboos.
>need to complete it 13 times for the story to get interesting meme
>ebil guys are not so ebil meme
>good guys were not so good meme
>cute characters try to kill you meme
>cute characters die tragically meme
>pathetic fanservice everywhere
>we couldn't create good gameplay, so we shove minigames up your ass every 2 seconds meme
>no effort went into actually creating the art assets for the game meme
>fanbase spends time shipping characters and mastrubating while talking about DEEP themes meme
>>
>>380804372
You want games with no replay value?
Horizon and Last Guardian
>>
>>380804130
I'm actually here for recommendations and suggestions. I'm asking if I made the best decision between the two options and not looking for applause for what I did.

It took a lot for me to decide against the Switch option and wanted to hear other opinions. But cool pasta bro!
>>
>>380804406
wut. the leaders of the robots were definitely evil. Especially the Red Girl.
>>
>>380804372
Just wanna throw in that the first half of TW3 has some pretty good storytelling but it really drops off about half way through.

You're 100% right about botw though, it has some interesting mechanics that look kinda cool but it doesn't really do anything interesting gameplay-wise with any of it. I feel like the game would have also been a lot better if they reduced the scale of everything and moved everything a bit closer together.
>>
>>380804543
>>380803825
You definitely did the right thing.
Only buy a console when the cost of the console is equal to the cost of all the games you want to buy for the console combined.
>>
>>380804406
>fanbase spends time shipping characters and mastrubating while talking about DEEP themes meme

This is the kind of shit that actually worries me. I'll play it and just keep my mouth shut about it when I hear people talking about it.
>>
>>380804372
>>380804686

Thanks for the feedback. I'm going to play Nier first as I've played about 10 hours of Witcher 3 previously and decided to drop it. Finally coming back to it.
>>
>>380804802
Not him but he's kind of right, especially the last point. I started watching a story analysis on it but I closed it after 2 minutes.
>>
>>380803825
Yes you did. Nier Automata is a great game.
>>
>>380803825
Yeh. Switch really won't be worth it until the holidays.
>>
>>380804781
This is a great way to look at a new system that I've never considered. Here's hoping for Zelda, Odyssey, Smash, Metroid, and WaveRace by Christmas 2018.
>>
File: tfw no crack.jpg (42KB, 480x352px) Image search: [Google]
tfw no crack.jpg
42KB, 480x352px
>>380804686
It's pretty good because it doesn't really tell you much. It keeps the mysteries a mystery, and introduces new aspects. However the first half utterly fails at introducing The White Frost and Geralt and Ciri's relationship, and expanding on Eredin/The Wild Hunt.

The first half of TW3 is so "good" because it pretty much has nothing to do with the second half. Makes me wonder why Geralt was even in the game. He is narcissistic and completely uninterested with the world(building), so that basically makes it a free pass for the writers. The only thing he seems to give a shit about is Ciri, and their relationship on-screen, outside of the books, is completely nonexistent outside of a 10 minute dream sequence and a therapy session (monologue).
Ciri would've been both funner to play as and more apt. Imagine playing and exploring all the things and places she monologues about? Imagine meeting up with Geralt instead of playing sleeping beauty, and then traveling and watching their relationship unfold akin to Geralt/Vesemir in White Orchard, except with 10x as much content/screentime. Yeah.
>>
>>380803825
Yep.
>>
>>380804573
Not really, they did some messed up stuff but they were the only beings actively trying to end the conflict.
>>
>>380803825
I'm going to wait until the Switch is $10
>>
>>380806618
I can assure you it will never go that low/ Nintendo would rather you never play their console than allow it to be sold for less than 99 dollars.
>>
>>380803825
The fact that you even considered buying the switch tells me you are a fag and you should end yourself now
>>
>>380806861
BUT THERE'S SO MANY GAMES I STILL NEED TO PLAY!!!
>>
File: awesome cougar.jpg (162KB, 439x454px) Image search: [Google]
awesome cougar.jpg
162KB, 439x454px
>>380803825
>buying sonybux
No you did not make the best decision
>>
>>380806553
Did you play the game? The girls wanted the war to go on forever. Read the document you get after ending c
>>
>>380807728
That's what they wanted initially. However the machines realized the futility of the conflict and tried to seek out new purpose, which is why there were so many machines that acted humanlike as the network rapidly tried to grow beyond what it's programmed to think. That's also what the Ark is, a way for the machines to escape the war and find new meaning elsewhere.
>>
>>380803825
why would you buy a switch when you can play breath of the wild on your computer?
>>
File: 1491278041766-a.jpg (382KB, 850x1393px) Image search: [Google]
1491278041766-a.jpg
382KB, 850x1393px
>>380804543
>recommendations
Buy Utawarerumono for PS4.
Just came out recently.
>>
>>380803825
uh yeah, switch isn't worth it yet imo. will be soon enough. ima get nier on pc once gayben sale hits
>>
>>380803825
I LOVE my switch, but unless you're into ARMS and eventually splat 2 you should wait a bit more before buying it.
Botw is great, best experience i had in years, lasts for soo long, but once you finish it(usually the cap is around 100 hours)you'll never touch it again.
Also Nier is fucking amazing, playing it right now(don't have much time to play and i was stuck with bloodborne-gladly).
Its techically lacking but it has a golden heart.

Oh, and if you don't own Bloodborne, do it asap.
Its probably the only meme V gets right: it is amazing. Its is a souls game, so if you don't like the genre you may not like it.

Somnia should be on sale right now, if you don't have it for pc get it.
I'd pay for PS plus also.
Even if you don't dig the online, you'll get a lot of free games.
this month the whole life is strange is for grabs for example.
Paying for the onlyne is a fucking jewery, but the free games are not bad.
>>
>>380803825
>I bought Nier Automata
no you didn't make a good decision
>>
>>380804406
>ITT: The spoiler for the entire game could be figured out in the first five minutes of playing the game. Since it is the first question someone asks.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.