[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/v/, you told me this game was shit. Sure, presentation-wise

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

/v/, you told me this game was shit. Sure, presentation-wise it's not really Metal Gear, but this is the most fun game I've played this gen.
>>
Gameplay is 10/10 desu
Even if the side Ops repeated constantly I had fun doing them each time. The way all the systems come together and the various approaches you can take just keeps it fresh, regardless of how simple the Objective is.

That said, watch a Trailer or two and you can understand where the disappointment comes from
>>
>told me this game was shit
>most fun game I've played this gen
This is not a contradiction, anon.
>>
I thought it was boring. The Division was way better in terms of making me feel tacti-cool.
>>
How far through are you though?

I'm not one of these guys who got annoyed about the fairly lacklustre and I did enjoy this game a lot, but it has some problems which really fucking bothered me.The game plays smooth as fucking butter however it's a real problem that 90% of it can be breezed through be simply sleep-darting > fultoning away everything in your path. I feel like to get the most out of the game you have to put some self-imposed limitations as far as what you can do, and that just grinds me gears.

But the biggest problem was that, you have all these excellent mechanics and no fucking sweet setpieces to take advantage of them in. It fell for the open world trap and really suffers for it, there just aren't enough really awesome creative and diverse envronments to sneak through. Why is 90% of it outdoors?! In those few occasions where the levels are distinctive and interesting to sneak through the game really shines (been a while since i played but off the top of my head, the stinger missile recovery mission is a good example).

So yeah. Good game that shoots itself in the foot a bit. Real pity too.
>>
>>380800741
With this in mind, consider: Ground Zeros was the better game.
>>
You are having artificial fun, and all the fun you had with the game will be automatically invalidated the moment you get kinda bored of the game after playing it for 100+ hours.

MGSV is fucking fun, its variety is lacking and its presentation is terribly sterile and rushed, but I still have a blast whenever I pop it up.
>>
Did Caramel kill himself?
>>
>>380799862
The reason I hated it is because chatper 2makes you repeat 2 missions for every 1 story mission you do get, and there is cut story content.
If the game would be chapter 1 only I'd love it
>>
>>380799862
>wow guys this game is great and i haven't got to chapter 2 yet

the honeymoon will soon be over
>>
>>380799862
Kojima is a hack. I just finished watching Evangelion, and the amount of shit he ripped from it is ridiculous, in regards to MGS1 & 2.
>>
>>380799862
what compel you to keep making these bait thread? autism?
>>
>>380801291
and PW.
>>
>>380801291
how so?
>>
I wish there was more stuff to do, because I can't stop base building.
>>
1>2>3>>4>>5>>>>>PW
>>
>>380801982
>3>1>2>4>5 chapter 1>PW>5 chapter 2
>>
>>380801982
>>380802865
>dirty casul fans

2>PW>1>3>GZ>4>The Phantom Meme
>>
>>380803379
>Peace Walker above anytbing
>Call others casual
>>
>>380803719
PW is amazing. You are just a dumb chad that needs 2 hour cutscenes to adsorb story.
>>
>>380803904
Peace Walker had some of the worst boss fights in the series, although that's better than 5s 0 boss fights
>>
>>380803904
PW 2nd, MGSV last
>MGSV is literally an upgraded version of shit walker made for PSP. yes, maybe less content, but the content in MGSV far exceeds PW's. PW is good for the story, the game itself, plays like dog shit in comparison to MGSV.
>>
is this about mgs V? i played the first 30min of this game last night high as fuck i had to crawl in hospital in front of me was another man crawling and u could see his butthole then theres this man in flames who the butthole man sprayed water on and then there were these guys who couldnt see shit but only hear then i skipped some cutscenes and fireman i skip another one and before i knew it i was on horse while butthole man was driving and i had to shoot the fireman then i skipped some cutscene and i was in afghanistan
>>
>>380804134
MGSMeme has the best gameplay in the series, therefore it's the best XDD
>>
>>380804134
MGSV gameplay with PW story would be the best metal gear hands down.
>>
File: 1441734248989.png (269KB, 858x400px) Image search: [Google]
1441734248989.png
269KB, 858x400px
>>380803904
I love Peace Walker. It did everything MGSV needed to do character-wise. The tapes are god tier and do a great job at detailing the characters and Mother Base. It made the destruction of it and recruiting of former soldiers so emotional. MGSV never does this so even something as good as Mission 43 falls flat.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.