[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the appeal of these games? I'm a Dark Souls

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: monster hunter souls.jpg (204KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
monster hunter souls.jpg
204KB, 1280x720px
What's the appeal of these games? I'm a Dark Souls veteranand every so often I see webm comparisons floating by in /dsg/. From what I've seen, MH has pretty bad hitboxes on par with King's Field IV, and instead of being a test of wits and skill it's just a matter of slowly hitting something over and over again until you kill it

What is the appeal of MH? Should I bother with it if I like Dark Souls?
Should I be excited for MHW?
>>
>>380799362
Dark Souls is about adventure and everything being glass canon including enemies and yourself.

Monster Hunter has a much different combat system, is about fighting a wide variety of large mother fuckers and collecting their shit to upgrade your gear in a much faster paced game.

Try out the MH series but don't even bring up the Souls series as a comparison. Just try the fucking game.
>>
>>380799362
>soulsfag
>complaining about bad hitboxes
LMAO
>>
File: 1483529039952.jpg (31KB, 220x220px) Image search: [Google]
1483529039952.jpg
31KB, 220x220px
>I'm a Dark Souls veteran
>>
>>380799362
>What is the appeal of MH?
Energy filled characters, amusing dialogue, solid gameplay, great designs, amazing OST and a challenge that isn't insurmountable.
Grinding/farming is fun, but like Disgaea it's almost entirely optional.

>Should I bother with it if I like Dark Souls?
It's not that much like DS, liking DS means basically nothing.

>Should I be excited for MHW?
Decide for yourself.
>>
>>380799362
>Should I bother with it if I like Dark Souls?

Solely because you like Dark Souls ? No
But if you have the time you should try the serie.
>>
>>380799362
>soulsfag
>think MH has bad hitboxes

Even Plesioth hip check and pretty much the entirety of FU has better hitboxes than Souls.
>>
I think the comparisons come from both being melee focused with long attack windups and a dodge roll. Appeal of MH is the gameplay loop of fight monster, upgrade gear, fight bigger monster and with its quirky visual style and animation choice.

Give it a shot. If you own a computer emulate MH3U on PPSSPP. Get the fan translation and HD pack. MH freedom might be more like the PS4 game however.
>>
>>380799867
>MH3U
You mean MH 3rd portable?
>>
>>380800265
Yeah. Thanks for correction.
>>
File: 1445061995382.jpg (302KB, 486x1103px) Image search: [Google]
1445061995382.jpg
302KB, 486x1103px
>soiling the monster hunter shitpost tradition with dark souls memes
come on guys we need to be more original, MHW has given us a lot of material to work with
>>
File: 1493096409354.jpg (49KB, 447x723px) Image search: [Google]
1493096409354.jpg
49KB, 447x723px
I've never played a MH game. Which one should I play? Any platform is fine.
>>
>>380803176
Mh world on ps4 >:-P
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.