[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: games/series you'd like to get into but quickly

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 8

File: q.jpg (129KB, 1515x520px) Image search: [Google]
q.jpg
129KB, 1515x520px
ITT: games/series you'd like to get into but quickly lose all interest in
>>
>>380795908
Second bombed? I haven't heard any news related to this seires since second came out.
>>
>>380796025
They released a phone game. That means the series is pretty much dead.
>>
>>380796196
https://www.destructoid.com/oh-yeah-bravely-default-has-a-mobile-game-coming-424886.phtml
What the fuck SE
>>
Persona. Tried both 3 and 4, but those painfully generic dungeons just kill it for me. I however heard that 5 is supposed to have better, hand-built dungeons, so perhaps it could work for me.
>>
>>380796613
I liked P3, thought P4 was casualized garbage, haven't played 5 but love the atmosphere of P1.
I recommend trying the original's remake on PSP
>>
File: [email protected] (357KB, 2340x1397px) Image search: [Google]
hearts_of_iron_iii_their_finest_hour_screenshot_4@2x.jpg
357KB, 2340x1397px
Hearts of Iron

I've begun playing so many times. In theory this series seems perfect and like a huge amount of fun.
But I play for an hour, then lose interest 'cause i can't be bothered to learn the ropes and spend a 25h save file just to learn the game.

This has happened many many times.
>>
File: RcRcC_JD.jpg (18KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
RcRcC_JD.jpg
18KB, 500x500px
>>380795908
The Elder Scrolls, in general. I see everyone saying how good Morrowinf and Oblivion are but everytime I think about playing such a big world I get lazy af.

I played Gothic 2 a long time a go, are TES games anything like that?

>>380796025
I think it sold like less than 50% of what Bravely Default sold, so yes, it bombed.
>>
>>380797078
Morrowind*
>>
Grand strategy. I've played the fuck out of Civ 5 but I'd like to get into something less cartoony and more militaristic.
>>
>>380795908
skyrim

never played any elders scrolls, big fallout 3, new vegas and 4 fan

I don't know, the world just seem empty, the setting is meh, the story is uninteresting and there's nothing to do, the combat is exactly the same as fallout but without the guns
>>
File: ss+(2017-06-17+at+03.31.38).jpg (65KB, 789x471px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2017-06-17+at+03.31.38).jpg
65KB, 789x471px
How's the Second compared to original game?
Currently i'm around the end of Default and so far i like it quite a lot even with an endless eight twist.
>>
>>380795908
I bought this game over a year ago and still havent finished it.
>>
>>380796613
P5 dungeons are well-built, but it seems they gave up on them after the first dungeon. The first one had a bunch of hidden goodies, shortcuts, etc. However, after that, all the dungeons become painfully linear with a gimmick or two sprinkled along. You can beat all the dungeons within a single day, with a second day needed to actually beat the boss.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I preferred the 3 and 4 generic dungeons.
>>
>>380797078
Is Gothic 2 good? How similar is it to something like, let's say, Fable?

I played Morrowind on release, but most of my enjoyment was because it was my first true open-world RPG. I tried going back to it, and although nostalgia can help soften the blow, the game isn't really all that. I like the setting and lore, but the actua combat is fucking tedious, especially after playing Oblivion and Skyrim.

I'd suggest you give it a whirl in vanilla first, but if you get tired of the roll-based combat, I think there's mods out there that make it more like Oblivion and Skyrim's combat.
>>
>>380797573
They remove some jobs, add a lot more and change some of the old ones, but everything in a good way. The job system is quite improved.

The story is not too deep, but it's okay, has some bosses that generate fun dynamics and a very good mind-blowing mechanic/plot twist towards the "ending"

Humor is good as always, the optional talks between the cast are better than ever and the music, even though it's quite different, fits the game really well and sounds good.

I really dislike Yew and Magnolia, though.
>>
>>380797542
>>380797078
TES, especially Skyrim, are fantastic games if you're too young to have any ideas about game design and concepts. Skyrim was probably the coolest thing I had ever played for about the first half year then it got old really fast because it's so shallow, I'd barely tolerate calling it an RPG. Bethesda needs to get their shit together; they have great ideas but god awful execution with zero polishing.
>>
>>380795908
Final fantasy 12, the only one that I didn't finish. Not a bad game at all, but I've tried so many times that I gave up. Last time I was 65h in and enjoying the shit out of it, had to stop playing it because of nonrelated issues, it was a really long time ago too so if I ever try it again, I'll have to start from beggining and I dont see that happening any time soon

La Noire, I love the 50s settings, potential soundtrack and after all the hype when it came out, I found myself finding it super dull and I had no reason to keep playing it. I only played it for one hour or so, maybe that was a tutorial and it gets better after?
>>
Bravely second failed cuz
>First game secret ending teased Magnolia being main MC, being in the distant future and Ba'als being very important, none of that happened in the actual game
>Inferior music (but justified as original composer was busy at the time)
>Censorship worse than the 90s, they changed a whole class because it was ofensive to indians, nevermind the fact indians actually were famous for using rifles at one point
>>
>>380798224
Thanks, anon.
Honestly i would prefer it to have the same main cast, but if it's still fun to play then i will endure the loss of Ringabel.
>>
>>380798160
gothic 2 was godlike when it came out but you don't seem like you'd enjoy a dated game like that nowadays because of what you said about morrowind. Imagine you trying to play morrowind now without that nostalgia to soften the blow and you have your answer

With that said, for people who want to play classic rpgs, gothic 1 and 2 are really worth playing
>>
>>380798629
It's not a huge spoiler, but I'll cover it anyway

There's a segment where Ringabel appears as a support char that's the best fucking part in the game.
>>
>>380795908
fallout 1 and 2

New Vegas easily became my favourite game, and I enjoyed the shit out of 3 before that. I just can't get into fallout 1 and 2 combat, although I'd really like to explore and see the world and story.

When talking about how New Vegas is so much better than 3 and 4, and faithful to the lore, I always pretend I played the shit out of the first two games when I was younger before fallout became popular, like I imagine 80% of classic fallout shitposters do[/spoilers]
>>
File: 1432695682720.jpg (19KB, 249x230px) Image search: [Google]
1432695682720.jpg
19KB, 249x230px
>>380797573
>>380798224
>Playing 1
>Get to the 1st reset
>Beat all the optional bosses and advance the story
>2nd reset.. but oh! There's a key to open those secret chests now!

I left the game there more than a year ago. I still think it's a great game but that seriously pissed me off. Is the ending payoff worth it? How many more resets are there? I feel like I HAVE to do the optional stuff, even moreso because I wanna master my jobs but IDK anymore. This whole reset thing seems like an awful design choice by the developers. Does 2 have resets also?
>>
>>380796025
>>380797078
Nope. Default did one million, Second did 700.000 according to the Bravely series twitter. Maybe it underperformed compared to Square Enix's expectations, but it's not a bomb.

They also said the series will continue. I'm guessing SE put them on Octopath Traveller to get used to the Switch before Bravely Third.
>>
>>380796613
SMT in general

The only Atlus games I actually liked were Catherine and Stella Deus
>>
>>380799305
Also consider that Second reused tons of stuff from Default and they already had the engine. There's a chance it was actually more profitable, or close to it.
>>
>>380795908
Fallout. I enjoy the TES games a good amount though.
>>
How much have I spoiled for myself? I know that Airy is the bad guy somehow, and that Alternis is Ringabel I think.
>>
>>380799148
can't remember how many resets were... 4 or 5, but you can force the secret ending in any of those resets. The ending is okay.

I've thought of that and I think the designers were trying to make you hate those crystals in order to make you destroy one of them to trigger the other ending.

2 has no resets.
>>
Vanilla wow. I played until lvl 16 or so before I got bored and stopped playing, after dying a lot exploring zones way higher leveled than I should even step foot on. I even had friends to play with, they all continued playing and some still go back to it nowadays, I never did.

When hearing people talking so passionately about the good, irreplaceable times they had, it makes me regret my decision. I know there are vanilla private servers nowadays, but it just isn't the same, I'm not a teenager with tons of time anymore
>>
chrono trigger, big fan of classic jrpgs even
>>
>>380799581
Alternis is really obvious if you pay any attention, and most people started knowing about Airy since it was posted everywhere.
>>
>>380799581
It's fine if you know just that.
>>
>>380799805
>>380799856
Thanks, I'll get out of the thread before some jackass posts real spoilers.
>>
>>380799805
Even Airy is somewhat obvious. I've been playing it again recently and her dialogue is suspicious from the very beginning
>>
Bravely Second was total garbage

>Hurr DURRR For the gravy!
>>
Kotor (and probably kotor 2 by expansion)

One of those games considered by a lot of people as the best rpg ever made and I'd do anything to enjoy playing it.

What I see? Corridor dull planets and the worst combat I've ever seen on a rpg, all fights are exactly the same and completely devoid of any strategy whatsoever, where the solution to a fight you can't win is never changing what you're doing (because you can't) and only grinding until you're stronger
>>
>>380800054
I think it becomes really obvious around the second world after you've already heard the prophecy about a betrayer in your party.
Still, quite a fun twist.
>>
Honestly, BD did a much better job of being an FInal Fantasy game than FFXV did, and it wasn't even a fucking FF game. I think I'll go and replay it soon.
>>
>>380795908
The second half of this game is where it loses it for me.

It started out so strong, too.
>>
>>380800054
I think it's only really obvious if you already know. Otherwise it could just be seen as playful or weird.
>>
Most of my younger days were spent playing only, and only Diablo 2. For hours, days, weeks, months, years. Don't ask me how I did it because I can't

In the meantime my friends were getting into some of the series they still enjoy today, like zelda, final fantasy, metal gear and Gta to name a few. I despised all of those games and only played diablo 2.

Now I can't get into them because I only play league of legends
>>
>>380800485
oh boy
>>
>>380795908
·Any Bethesda game
·Dwarf Fortress (it's sad because I tried it multiple times but I can't)
·Vagrant Story because looks tedious as shit
·Jade Cocoon games. I think they've aged horribly
>>
Soulsborne games. I'm just too shit at them and can't be arsed getting any further in them when I have so many other games to play. I've got Dark Souls on my 360 through Games with Gold and refuse to buy any of the others till I finish that one. Which could be years in the furure at this rate
>>
File: 1494452851735.png (144KB, 340x310px) Image search: [Google]
1494452851735.png
144KB, 340x310px
>First game is good but rough around the edge, but does well enough to start a franchise
>lol let's gut the budget and fire half of the entire game staff from first game.

I swear, Squeenix want anything Not named FF fail.
>>
File: 1470451556281.jpg (2MB, 5000x5000px) Image search: [Google]
1470451556281.jpg
2MB, 5000x5000px
>>380795908
first one gets way too fucking repetitve

second one is cool but

>it freezes your system

Welp
>>
>>380800817
>it freezes your system
what? Is this real? Elaborate on that, please
>>
>both main characters were fairly boring most of the time
>still came to adore both of them more than most modern jrpg protagonists
>>
>tfw you liked the resets in BD
All that new boss background was pretty neat and the boss gauntlet in world8 was instense
>>
>>380799584
4 or 5 holy shit...
Good theory. Only way to get true ending is just do as the fairy says then and not break any crystals? Also thank god for 2
>>
>>380800904

Sometimes the game will randomly freeze the 3ds (have a 3DSXL)

I really hope they patched it up or something,had to constantly save
>>
>>380800485
yeah, I can't stop playing LoL and sometimes it feels like I don't even enjoy it.
>>
>>380796997
Play HoI 4 and follow the tutorial. After about 3-4 hours you'll know 90% of what you need. The last 10% is mostly for MP strats vs. humans.
>>
>make great not-final fantasy game
>ruin the sequel with cringe-worthy humor out of the ass
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.