[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I played Super Mario Odyssey for 20 minutes or so at a Nintendo

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 5

File: serveimage.jpg (124KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.jpg
124KB, 1280x720px
I played Super Mario Odyssey for 20 minutes or so at a Nintendo NYC event, ask me anything.
>>
>>380795321
what are you wearing?
>>
>>380795321
How long is your penis?
>>
>>380795402
Black jeans, socks, black shirt with gray stripes.
Underwear.
>>380795669
I'd say about six-and-a-half erect. Haven't measured in awhile, but it's bigger than average.
>>
>>380795321
Okay, i'll be the one to ask a serious question.

What all can Mario posses with his hat that wasn't shown in the trailer, or were you unable to do this?
>>
>>380795321
Is the game fun? Personal rate?
>>
>>380795321
How many worlds are there/did you see?

What stood out to you/was your favourite part?

Any sign of Luigi?
>>
>>380795757
>six-and-a-half
>bigger than average

that's like EXACTLY average
>>
>>380796328
uhhh no? nine inches is the average, small dick
>>
How are we supposed to know you're not a lying attentionwhore?
>>
>>380795321
How do the controls feel? Is it better to play it with the joycons, or would you say a pro controller?
>>
Can you list the control scheme here, or more specifically what every button does?
>>
>>380796502
>Being a 9 inch dicklet
>>
>>380796328
The world average erect length is about 5.7 inches. The American one is a bit bigger more around 6.5. Depends on what you're talking about.
>>
>>380795839
Didn't try to possess much. The glasses golem you saw in the trailer can move around. It isn't stationary. I did jump on the scooter the instant I saw it, and it was pretty fun to ride on.

>>380795949
Very fun. Lots of little Nintendo touches, especially in terms of Mario's personal appearance. If he touches a spiky cactus, for example, he'll have thorns in his nose which stay there, even when posing with a moon (which looks funny). If he gets stuck in sand, his clothes get dirty. Stuff like that.
The movement still feels a bit closer to 3D world than 64 (no triple jump, quicker acceleration and turning), but this may have partially been due to the short travel distance of the joy-con joystick. The objectives themselves are pretty unique, too, and I don't think any of them will seem repetitive.

Can't give it a score. Too early.

>>380796053
I played 10 minutes of the mexico level and 10 of New Donk City. I loved the seamless transitions between the 2D retro bits a la ALTTP and 3D platforming, and I also loved the atmosphere and density of New Donk City. It feels like there's a ton to do in that level. No sign of Luigi, although I found a pixel art Cat Mario.

>>380796328
average is five inches senpai
http://www.menshealth.com/sex-women/average-penis-size

>>380796596
http://www.nintendonyc.com/
anyone in NYC can play it through the whole week

>>380796609
I'd say a pro controller is better. Stick travel times and all that. Plus, motion controls are there, but not necessary.

>>380796759
A/B = jump
Y = hat, hold to spin hat
ZR = crouch
X = don't remember
left and right stick = obvious
minus = map (you can teleport to flags you've touched)
>>
>>380797023
>no triple jump
Nigger what
>>
>>380797269
I tried to do it. Maybe I fucked it up, but I don't think there's a triple jump. Watch the Treehouse gameplay, see if they do it.
>>
>>380797023
There's a triple jump, dude
>>
>>380797329
There's a triple jump, we've seen it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTvAQcQo3iE
You just suck at Mario.
>>
What color was your last poop?
>>
>>380795321
Does mario feel heavier or lighter than he did in 64/sunshine?
>>
>>380797362
https://youtu.be/27SWKUt_Cus?t=1m25s
>>
>>380797023
What's the button to dive/roll?
How smooth do the actions chain together? Can you effortlessly string together jumps and dives like you could in SM64?
What do the L/R and ZL buttons do?
Does clicking the sticks do anything?
Does the d-pad do anything?

Also Triple Jumping definitely is in the game.
>>
>>380797362
>>380797406
Fair enough. I do kinda suck at Mario, but I at least managed to complete some objectives. I tried jumping three times in succession. Should have asked the nice demo lady about the triple jump, honestly.

>>380797409
Light brown. Was pretty liquid-ey, actually. Not fun.

>>380797495
I'd say lighter, but my credibility about judging Mario games is quickly deteriorating here, so take it with a grain of salt.
>>
>>380797809
Alright.Thanks for the reply,I look forward to playing this game.
>>
How long did you have to wait in line?
>>
>>380797770
Oh shit, I completely forgot about the roll. That's X, I think. You press Y to boost while rolling.
Chaining actions felt smooth enough, although I spent more time going for objectives than I did messing around with mechanics. There's other videos in the thread that seem to go more in depth on the movement.

Couldn't tell you about the other buttons.

>>380798097
I showed up at around 3, they gave me a wristband for 6. I came back about a half hour before 6 and was one of the first in. I got to play on their big 15-foot screen. So not too much waiting in line. The people who really had to wait were the ones who wanted to meet Charles Martinet.
>>
>>380797770
Also in regard to the motion controls, does simply moving the joycons/pro controller cause Mario to throw Cappy or do you need to hold Y whilst you move the controller.

And can Mario walk/tip-toe like he could in SM64 if you only tilt the analog stick slightly? Most people seem to struggle walking slowly in a straight line in all the gameplay footage I've seen.
>>
>>380798418
Shaking the right joycon throws Cappy. Shaking them both to the right (I think) causes him to start spinning around.

I don't know about the tip-toeing, although like I said earlier, we all got joy-cons and not pro controllers. the sticks have a short travel distance which makes it harder to make precise inputs, which may explain why people have trouble with that.
>>
>>380798418
Two more questions, is there a button to centre the camera behind Mario? And is there a button that lets you enter first-person perspective?
>>
>>380798691
There probably is, again, I didn't spend much time pressing buttons I didn't have explained to me. I was just going for objectives.

There are little robot dudes that let you look around the stage in a telescopic first-person perspective. Don't know if that's possible outside of them.
>>
File: atomicheadsaucercash.gif (127KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
atomicheadsaucercash.gif
127KB, 300x300px
>>380798336
>Charles Martinet is 61
>>
On top of one of the buildings in New Donk City, there's a man standing next to a parking spot for a scooter (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzMIt0DnwFQ&t=9m43s). Did you manage to drive a scooter up to him and see if he gave you a Power Moon?
>>
File: tumblr_orkdhlTySF1uhrpb3o1_1280.jpg (188KB, 802x1280px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_orkdhlTySF1uhrpb3o1_1280.jpg
188KB, 802x1280px
How much is Pauline in the game? What's her involvement in the story?
>>
>>380799524
Didn't do that. I only had 10 minutes, so I mainly followed the primary objectives. I've also been staying away from extensive coverage, because other than playing the game myself, I don't want to have too much spoiled to me ahead of time.

>>380799679
She's the main quest giver for New Donk City. She told me to find some musicians, and then once I did, she told me about something else that was wrong, but it wasn't part of the demo. Not sure if she has any story involvement outside of that.
>>
Are the levels timed?
>>
>>380795321
How are you today? Have you been taking care of yourself?
>>
>>380800260
Don't think so. They're set up like Banjo-Kazooie or Super Mario 64 levels, with a bunch of stuff to do inside them. Wouldn't make sense to time the player, especially with all the exploration they encourage you to do.

>>380800430
Sore throat. Still burned out from my shroom trip yesterday. I went to Central Park with a buddy, and it was beautiful and fun as hell, but as is the case with shrooms, I'm still feeling a bit shitty afterwards.
I've been eating a bunch of crappy food lately, so no, I haven't been taking great care of myself, but hot pockets and the like are cheap all things considered and I'm pretty strapped for cash. Need to get a job, too, but that's a blog post that nobody needs to hear.
>>
File: 5.jpg (56KB, 446x360px) Image search: [Google]
5.jpg
56KB, 446x360px
How smooth is the movement? Is it more fast paced like 64 or floaty like Galaxy?
>>
>>380797023
>closer to 3D world
>didn't know there was a triple jump
>admits to sucking

why are you even here
>>
>>380801781
Movement feels a bit weird because of the joycon sticks. It's sharp. Mario accelerates and decelerates very quickly.
>>
>>380802082
I honestly tried to do a triple jump. I swear I jumped three times in succession. Must have fucked something up.
You can close the tab anytime.
>>
>>380800260
no

>>380801781
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27SWKUt_Cus

Mario 64 speedrunner plays Odyssey demo
>>
>>380802460
oh shit the brochures look rad
>>
>>380802460
the dive looks like a guilty gear airdash
>>
File: 1497244611775.png (388KB, 800x768px) Image search: [Google]
1497244611775.png
388KB, 800x768px
>>380797023
>The movement still feels a bit closer to 3D world than 64 (no triple jump, quicker acceleration and turning),
Given the linear feel I got from the trailer, this bodes poorly.
>>
>>380802460
>zed
wtf button is zed?
>>
>>380804078
I'm assuming he's referring to the ZL and ZR button
>>
>>380803601
Game's not linear at all. There's objectives, but there's plenty of different things to do at any given time.
>>
From the gameplay I've seen the turning looks a little bit touchy. How does it feel?
>>
>>380805280
It is touchy. This is probably, as I've mentioned several times, due to the joycon stick having no real travel distance. Might be better on the Pro controller.
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.