[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /v/ is this game any good? I'm playing star ocean 3

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

Hey /v/ is this game any good?

I'm playing star ocean 3 right now and I'm thinking of getting this one next
>>
>>380789459
only if you are into fiore's ass
>>
>>380789459
Its not terrible, but its the worst in the series by far.
>>
the entire universe in the star ocean series is a video game called the eternal sphere and you fight the creator of it at the end of star ocean 3
>>
>>380789459
graphics are nice but its a huge fucking stepback from everything.
it literally makes the last hope look like a masterpiece.

I dont know if the game was rushed or that it was a new team that had no idea what they were doing
>>
It's really short for a star ocean game
like 20-25 hours worth with the extra content

No cutscenes, just them in idle animation speaking which could have been good but not so here. It reminds me of the lifeless cutscenes from xenosaga 3.
>>
>>380789459
It's "okay", but really really bland and somewhat short. Doesn't have the same sort of replay value or interesting characters to use in combat as SO2,3,4.
>>
File: DA4PsoEUIAAyspS.jpg (235KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
DA4PsoEUIAAyspS.jpg
235KB, 1920x1080px
>>380789459
It's a good 20 dollar game, don't expect much.
>>380789590
Luther was the most underwhelming final boss ever.
>>
>>380789617
Having all 7 party members in battle at the same time was awesome but late game when everyone has the flashiest skills, you can't see dick all so the rock-paper-sicssors mechanic becomes useless and you should just spam your strong skill.
>>
>>380789984
yup.
when the game was first announced, I was actually hyped about the big party member thing but it just became a fucking mess in the end.
>>
>>380789692
How are 2 and 4? Are they worth playing?
>>
>>380790517
Many say SO2 is the best one in the series.

4 had a really weak story but the combat is great though.
>>
>>380790887
Okay, I'll look into those, thanks guys
>>
>>380790887
I actually liked So4's story a lot.
Battling eldritch monstrosities like this fucker and then visiting a planet full of them with infinitely spawning murder ships while it shoots a death laser toward earth was badass.

Also, the sheer amount of planets you visit was rad. The space ship was comfy.

My biggest issue was Edge was a whiny baby, Reimi was a ball of shitty cliche's, and Lymle's "kay" got annoying.

Bacchus, the cat slut, the sorceress slut, green elf boy, and Arumat were all cool though.
>>
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (106KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
106KB, 1280x720px
>>380791689
Forgot my picture. Best boss fight, too.
>>
I liked it
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.