[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just picked up the remastered version of this game, I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: Final Fantasy.jpg (37KB, 250x365px) Image search: [Google]
Final Fantasy.jpg
37KB, 250x365px
Just picked up the remastered version of this game, I'm not huge into JRPGs, but I understand the basics, however not much of the strategy. What are some tips that you guys could give me so I don't end up realizing I shit the bed way too far in the game?
>>
Don't worry about it.
>>
>>380787895
Level Kimahri up to the point where you need to use him in his solo fight, then drop him immediately after that since you'll never need him again. It makes rotating characters out for leveling a little bit less tedious when it's 6 instead of 7.
>>
>>380787895
The game is not very difficult. There's no way to mess up so bad it's unsalvageable.
>>
File: 10-yuna-a4.jpg (23KB, 455x345px) Image search: [Google]
10-yuna-a4.jpg
23KB, 455x345px
>>380787895
Get the Destruction Sphere treasure in every single Aeon trial. If you don't do this you can't get a hidden Aeon that's absurdly powerful. I think they made it so you can't really miss any Al Bhed Primers either, but looking up a guide for those is probably in your best interest if you're only doing one playthrough. Everyone ends up being the same during postgame save for their overdrives, so pick the team you like and enjoy the game.

Have fun OP, it's a really fun ride.
>>
File: lulu1.gif (1MB, 500x231px) Image search: [Google]
lulu1.gif
1MB, 500x231px
>>380787895
This isn't something that'll fuck you over, but it's something you should pay attention to so you can get the most out of your weapons.
At a certain point, you'll get the ability to use items to upgrade & add bonuses to your weapons. I'd advise you don't waste the really good upgrades on weapons with less than 4 slots for upgrades. You'll get to the point where a vendor sells weapons with 4 slots and +10 Strength/Magic already on them, I'd suggest you use those really good upgrades on those weapons.
Unless you're prepared to grind for the ultimate gear, in which case everything I said is null.
>>
>>380788434
>>380788531
>>380788857
>>380788895
Are there any abilities I should seek after? I notice that my party shares an ability grid, is there any use to crossing my party members' path or should I keep them where they are at.
>>
>>380788857

I distinctly remember being unable to access some primers when I went back at the end of the game.
>>
>>380789843
Just keep going on their own path, you'll cross paths mostly near the end of the game, I forget if one or two of them do cross earlier than that, I am not including khimarhi, he can go a lot of places from his starting point
>>
>>380787895
Make sure you get the special treasure from each dungeon. Also talk to the dog in the first town.
>>
File: db.gif (1005KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
db.gif
1005KB, 500x333px
>>380789843
You can cross paths, but you'll get teleportation spheres naturally during your playthrough so it's nothing you need to actively worry about. Just upgrade their sphere grids until you can't anymore, then use a teleport sphere to move them elsewhere and continue from there.
As far as weapon upgrades, look out for whichever item gives you Evade & Counter. I forget what they are, but I'm pretty sure you come across them naturally too. I normally have at least 4 members of my team with various counterattacks on their weapons by the end of the game, and that's without going out of my way to farm the items
>>
>>380789843
Haste. Tidus gets it pretty early on in his grid. What I do is save Kimahri's sphere levels until you get an item called a Lv. 1 Key Sphere, which breaks the lock between Kimahri and Tidus's grid. Then I have Kimahri get Haste ASAP and it's very useful. Otherwise, Kimahri just has random stats on his grid and you eventually have to choose someone else's path for him. Taking up to Haste makes him a great asset.
>>
Auto-haste, first strike.
Those two will make many fights a breeze.

Also learn 2 customize gear.
>>
>>380787895
Pick the standard sphere grid at the start of the game, that way you won't risk screwing up your stats
>>
>>380787895
Fight every fight - don't run away, rotate everyone for each fight and pick up every node you come across (standard grid) and you can't go wrong. By the time you get to the end of their designated sphere grid paths, you will be experienced enough to know what to do.

Game is really easy anon, you don't need tips.
>>
Just use whoever one hit kills whatever enemy you're fighting, There's no strategy in FFX until the very end and by then you'll know what to do.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.