[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/v/, I want to play pic related. I know, it's been memed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 13

/v/, I want to play pic related.

I know, it's been memed to death and I haven't really cared about TES since Morrowind. But I want to give it a fair shot. So if I were to play it, what should I focus my play on, and what mods should I get?
>>
>>380786343
>what should I focus my play on
What does this mean? Boot it up and do what you do, it's impossible to fuck up as you get all the skills and craft the best armour in a few hours. The combat is pretty sweet but the rpg aspect and exploration sux dix. Stop posting here and go play it and you'll have some fun
>>
Give it a vanilla run, and play it however you want. The main story will get you some good shouts, but side quests are more entertaining. Explore and enjoy the world. Melee is janky, magic is fun. Id say maybe just use a grafix mod
>>
bare fist fighting only
>>
>>380786343
http://wiki.step-project.com/STEP:2.10.0

That guide aims to make the game look better and fix up broken stuff without changing too much of the experience. It provides a solid base for horse cocks and loli vampires and loli vampires with horse cocks later.
>>
>I want to give this game a fair shot
>which mods should I use guise?
I can't tell up from down any more
>>
>>380786801
>magic is fun
ur joking right?
melee
>run up to enemy, bonk them on the head over and over til health bar goes down
magic
>dual cast to stun lock over and over and over. or make enemies fight each other than dual cast stun lock last man standing. or have your minions bonk the enemies on the head til they die.
archery
>sit in stealth, fire arrow, get stealth crit, run back to shadows to be in stealth again, rinse repeat. forever. or kite them while back peddling, only works outdoors and will probably simply not work for long, probably have to switch to melee when they get close
>most shouts are useless, save the one that make them all ragdoll around
no matter how you fight in this game, it's boring as fuck
>>
>>380788823
now explain how morrowind was "oh so different!".
>>
File: 1495647436779.jpg (62KB, 833x710px) Image search: [Google]
1495647436779.jpg
62KB, 833x710px
>>380786343
Just buy the game and enjoy it without mods!
It's the greatest game ever created!
>>
File: dtnmi.jpg (231KB, 627x502px) Image search: [Google]
dtnmi.jpg
231KB, 627x502px
>>380789097
>>
>>380788976
it wasn't, save for magic allowing you to do more stuff that was mostly pointless like drain stats. why would you waste mana doing that when you can just bonk them on the head til they die or nuke them with damage? thought leach spell was really neat and so was alchemy.
all TES games have garbage combat gameplay
>>
>>380786343
>frostfall
>some magic spell mods
>sancrosanct (if doing a vampire run)
>realistic spells and disease
>convenient horses
>unofficial patches
>combat mod
>alternate start

I'd go against archery mods because they fucked up my game once. With the above mods you should really have fun and everything else (graphics, new quests, enemies etc) are mostly flavour.
>>
File: 1368983405517.png (4KB, 210x229px) Image search: [Google]
1368983405517.png
4KB, 210x229px
>>380789369
>>380788140

Thanks anons.
>>
>>380789274
I'll give you credit for not being a nostalgia fag, you gave your opinion and stuck with it.
>>
>>380786343
It's easy, the game is essentially a checklist.
>Guilds
>Main story
>DLC
>Daedric Quests

Once all those are done you can consider yourself done vanilla wise since almost all the sidequests are Radiant bullshit or boring anyways. The three options of playing; stealth, magic, or combat are pretty boring so doesn't really matter what you decide to go with, even though there is no penalty for doing all of them.
>>
Bug Fixes:
Unofficial Skyrim Patch
Safety Load

Immersion Mods
Enhanced Camera (if you want cooler looking first person view
Immersive First Person View (Shit when it's used for combat, best used with sex mods. It's possible to use it in tandem with the above mod)

Main Quest Altering Mods:
The Paarthunax Dilemma (Use this if you want to avoid killing Paarthunax and still want to have the Blades on your side

Player Homes:
FC Kagrenacs Instant Fortress

Fun Stuff:
Burning Skies (If you want to transform into and play as a Dragon)
>>
I like Vampire Mods that let you alter the Vampire mechanics so you actually die in sunlight
>>
File: enb 2017_01_08 04_05_25_52.jpg (247KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
enb 2017_01_08 04_05_25_52.jpg
247KB, 1920x1080px
My most fun run was using the Requiem mod. It balances pretty much every aspect of the game. Early game is pretty challenging, mid game is tough then you get powerful as fuck at the end which satisfies the power hunger in me.
>>
>>380790464
most of the better quests aren't part of those you mentioned tho
>>380790910
is requiem the once that forces no fast travel and makes you deal yet recieve more damage?
>>
>>380786343
I fell for the 970 meme a couple years ago so my gpu unfortunately cant handle hundreds of graphics mods but if your computer can, and you're looking to really enjoy your playthrough, then graphics mods really do make the game look fantastic. But because of the absolutely shitty ui and leveling / combat system in vanilla, you'd probably want to focus on combat and gameplay overhauls, perhaps things like:

SkyUI
Combat Evolved
Ordinator
Requiem
>>
>>380786343
Assuming you're playing on hardest difficulty
>sneak bow is good for exploring but you will get to a point were you can't progress because the game forces you into open combat
>sword and board is probably the easiest because of survivability
>two handed melee is hard mode and will require expert timing and knowledge of the terrain as well as lots of reload
>magic is pretty shit and you will never beat the game as a pure caster because of the way scaling works
>however, using it as a utility while also investing points in other areas can give you some options in battles that playing a pure class wouldn't
If you're just looking to rush through the game, I'd recommend a sword and board with light restoration and archery. If you're looking to role play, go the two handed with archery route.
>>
>>380791136
Name a single good quest in Skyrim. Or name a decent one that's not part of that list.
>>
File: ScreenShot574.jpg (413KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ScreenShot574.jpg
413KB, 1920x1080px
>>380791136
It disables fast travel, but you can re-enable it through the mod's settings menu. And yes it makes combat more lethal all around. But by the end of the game you'll probably tank everything with no issue, regardless of your build.
>>
File: cant....jpg (27KB, 504x415px) Image search: [Google]
cant....jpg
27KB, 504x415px
I'm playing this first time too, however I quit after 30 some hours for a long time now. Shit is boring as hell, ignored the main quest and did the dragonborn shit mostly. I picked nord waifu as my character whos stronk with dual handed weapons hehe. I also have some single handed warrior chick as my personal meat shield. However I started to do the vampire quests and thought itd be badass to be a vampire but even that's boring and feels like it disadvantages you. So don't become vampire it sucks, unless your an achievement whore like me. Also don't get excited about dragons, they are weak as piss and I feel mammoths are more a threat in this game unless your a magicfag.
>>
>>380791179
>magic is pretty shit
If you are a brainlet.
>>
>>380791136
>most of the better quests aren't part of those you mentioned tho
Name some then.

>>380791281
I'll help him out a bit. Lost to The Ages was good.
>>
i just installed it, i'm following one of zaric zhakaron's character builds, which are pretty intensive to set up but worth it. got the legacy of the dragonborn mod to quench my autism
>>
http://ultimateskyrim.bitballoon.com/
thank me later
>>
>>380791424
Sounds pretty good. I also did something similar in my last console playthrough without mods. I basically played on amateur and NEVER levelled up health so basically most enemies could be killed easily but the some could be applied to you
>>
>>380791625
forsworn conspiracy, lights out, that east empire quest, the murder one in windhelm
>>
>>380791879
I'll give you the Forsworn Conspiracy and Blood on Ice but Lights Out and Rise in the east are practically on the same level as other Radiant Quests.
>>
What are the best mods for a spellfag ?
>>
>>380792572
apocalypse
>>
>>380792847
you could probably run anything with a 1070, as long as its not all 4k shit, but idk
>>
>>380792572
Ordinator
Equippable Tomes
Thralls Expanded
Apocalypse- Magic of Skyrim
Immersive Spell Visuals
New Conjuration School
Many More Spells
Phenderix Magic Evolved
Phenderix Dead Thrall Overhaul
Various Robe mods
Undead FX
Magical College of Winterhold
Elemental Destruction Magic
Undeath Remastered

These are all shit I use.
>>
File: TESV.exe_DX9_20170605_052955.jpg (797KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
TESV.exe_DX9_20170605_052955.jpg
797KB, 1920x1080px
Skytweak lets you tweak damage scaling ranges (bonus damage from 0 skill to 100 weapon skill as well as tempering ability from 0 to 100 smithing), enemy level scaling, NPC scaling, damage modifiers, fall damage ranges, and all sorts of shit.
Heavy Armory gives more weapon types (shortswords, halberds, hatchets, mauls) for each grade of weapon for more aesthetics and diverse weapon types.
Also look into Lore Weapon Expansion.
Ordinator is vanilla perks but more and better.
Notice Board is Radiant Quests but in a Dragon's Dogma style format.
Brigandage expands starting armor options as well as bandit outfits like a motherfucker.
VIGILANT is the best fucking quest mod and I will fight you if you say otherwise.
Wildcat is fun if you're looking for a more chaotic fight, but Vigor is good if you want a slower, heavier combat system.
Apocalypse and Grim Grimoire are great spell mods. Colorful Magic is anime as fuck.
Both the above work with Spell Research, which makes you able to learn spells by yourself without the need of spell books.
>>
I've been thinking about trying Skyrim again. I played it for 20 hours when it first came out but stopped during the Fighters guild quest where you had to turn into a werewolf to complete the quest line.
At that point there were no choices to purge the guild or anything. I didn't like that.
>>
>>380794615
Just console kill them and then do something else.
>>
>>380786343
>fair shot
>mods
>>
What are some great mods for making Skyrim look its most beautiful? I just put together an i7-7700k with a GTX 1080 and I just bought Skyrim.
>>
>>380790369
Maybe the story was better?
>>
File: TESV 2017-06-10 10-37-45-56.jpg (3MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
TESV 2017-06-10 10-37-45-56.jpg
3MB, 2560x1440px
>>380796693
http://www.tesgeneral.com/graphics

http://www.tesgeneral.com/enb
>>
>>380796929
Does ENB still have problems with nvidia cards?
>>
File: TESV 2017-04-13 00-12-11-93.jpg (1MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
TESV 2017-04-13 00-12-11-93.jpg
1MB, 2560x1440px
>>380798095
No.
>>
File: 1454016307950.png (179KB, 384x295px) Image search: [Google]
1454016307950.png
179KB, 384x295px
>>380798191
Excellent.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.