[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone else catching up with the 3DS M&L games now that superstar

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

Anyone else catching up with the 3DS M&L games now that superstar saga's remaster has been officially announced? just started pic related and despite the tutorial dragging far, FAR longer than it had any right to, I'm really having a good time. Should I expect the same level of overall enjoyment from paper jam?
>>
No. Dream Team is the last game that had unique enemies and environments. Paper Jam recycles everything you've already seen from a Mario game
>>
>>380784825
I need to catch up on the Mario & Luigi series in general since I own every game except Dream Team (though my Paper Jam save got lost when I transferred it to my New 3DS)

>Should I expect the same level of overall enjoyment from paper jam?
It has minigames that pad it quite a bit, but the overall gameplay is still quite good. Most people are turned off it since it uses established characters like the Koopalings, Toadette and Bowser Jr. (certainly better than Sticker Star and Color Splash did).
>>
>>380785340
*But I felt it used them quite well.
>>
Paper Jam is definitely the worst but still not a "bad" game I guess. Hoping the gameplay in future titles doesn't resemble what we saw there.
>>
>>380784825
Wow are you me? I just started a new save file last night since i never beat the game the first time playing it when it . no point in picking up where i last left off because i would be completely lost.
>>
Don't play Dream Team it's fucking horrible, tutorial doesn't stop until the very end of the game and even then it's piss easy. Just play Paper Jam and call it a day.
>>
File: 1495502763526.jpg (165KB, 1002x960px) Image search: [Google]
1495502763526.jpg
165KB, 1002x960px
Dream Team was probably the worst professionally developed and released game I've ever played in my life, and it stings even more because I fucking loved Superstar Saga and Inside Story.

Also, the current art style of the series is fucking awful. Go back to using flat colours with big outlines.
>>
File: erykbone.png (15KB, 75x104px) Image search: [Google]
erykbone.png
15KB, 75x104px
>>380784825
yo this thread is wild
>>
>>380785739
I have no clue who that is, but I assume you think this is a shill thread. couldn't care less
>>
File: erykbone.png (15KB, 75x104px) Image search: [Google]
erykbone.png
15KB, 75x104px
>>380786060
yo this thread is mad wild
>>
>>380784825

Paper Jam basically solved the tutorial issue. If you play well enough the game will completely bypass tutorials for returning features with no hint that there even in the game and there's an option to speed through any dialogue.

It's also well paced and the writing is rather good and less obnoxious than Dream Team/BiS. It's like the inverse of Dream Team.
>>
>>380784825
Paper Jam is the most tedious game the ever made.
Every 10 minutes you're forced to play some shitty Toad collecting minigame in order to progress, or some asinine Paperctaft battle. The story, setting and characters are ass too, the only saving grace is the combat.
Stick to DT and then move to the older ones.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.