[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>One of the illustrations shows the cramped, dirty noodle

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

>One of the illustrations shows the cramped, dirty noodle bar from the trailer, while another shows a massive spaceship orbiting a planet.

>Brunier says their game will be able to shift between these very different scales effortlessly and without loading, with the same level of graphical detail throughout.

>The studio has had to build a bespoke game engine called Voyager, which literally simulates the galaxy that the story takes place in, to achieve this trick.

>Players will be able to move from cramped interiors of buildings, to exploring cities, to traversing planets, to blasting off through space, Brunier says.

Is this another No Man Sky or should I believe?
>>
>>380784472
>no mans sky with competent story, setting, and characters

I'd be okay with it. It won't happen though
>>
Probably best to reserve judgement until we see actual gameplay
>>
>>380784472
It's no meme's sky. If you're told it'll be great but not shown why it's great ignore it.
>>
stop
this is at 0% development and Ubi will be dead by the end of the year

it's not going to happen anyway
>>
>>380784472
i dont think you can compare anything to nNMS
it was something that never had a chance and only the deeply deluded believed in
you can compare it to something like MEA that had promise before we got real evidence of its mediocrity
obviously we all know that most of the shit they promise us will either be dumbed down or taken out completely its the way of the world now
only time will tell once we get a better look at what they actually do
>>
File: tvjm2uqxlmaggajg46nd.gif (4MB, 800x340px) Image search: [Google]
tvjm2uqxlmaggajg46nd.gif
4MB, 800x340px
>>380784472
Well their engine is quite impressive right now.
>>
>>380784472
First and foremost, it is Ubisoft.
Prepare for downgrades.
>>
File: whale.jpg (116KB, 961x832px) Image search: [Google]
whale.jpg
116KB, 961x832px
>>380784472
I kind of doubt that being able to traverse planets means that we'll be exploring the entirety of multiple planets.

If it's anything like the first game they'll be sticking to Hub areas. Hopefully with more space whales.
>>
It's GTAO in space with BG&E trappings (basically just the presence of animal-men). It will have a 'story' that the players serve as peripheral characters in, which leads directly to BG&E1 (eg. finale is the giant pirate mothership being defeated and emergency crash-landing, then a very brief cinematic which reveals the planet is Hillys).
>>
>>380784472
>>380784874
>>380785053

https://youtu.be/jVwoQ-l7OY4
>1 dev game
>>
This has nothing to do anymore with BG&E.
Holy shit, why did they even keep the name? Why did they put a 2 behind it?
They could have done a reboot and it would have made more sense.

Different characters, different world, different tone. Somalia and Swiss are now part of the world that was shown in the first game? wtf?
Am I the only one annoyed by this?
>>
People was stupid for believe in a indie studio for something that big.

This game will have a proper AAA budget. Maybe it's not that impossible. You only have to think that they spent 3 years to make a proper engine for the game. Only knowing that, you can not compare it to No Man's Sky anymore.

It could end up being something good. The guy who presented it looked pretty passionate about it.
>>
I trust them to create a world I want to explore, with characters I will like. Basically like doublefine.

My trust does not extend to absolutely anything mechanical in the game, or anything they are talking about wanting the game to be like. Also like doublefine.

They've already said they're at "day 0" of development on the game itself, having just gotten the technology out of the way. I'm just going to go LALALALA I CANT HEAR YOU to everything they say the game will play like because I know for a fact the final thing is going to be completely different.
>>
>>380786548
That's true. ALL games change a lot through development.
>>
I think Ubisoft learned a little about the downgrades. Watchdogs 2 was everything they promised.

But only time will tell. No pre-orders.
>>
>its a fucking prequel
>still number it 2

i hope vivendi stops this project
>>
>Work hasn't even started on the game
>Describing all these amazing things the engine can do

Vivendi should not only take over ubisoft but chain those lazy frogs in a cellar.
>>
>>380784472
>Is this another No Man Sky or should I believe?

Ancel is calling the shots so there is reason to believe
>>
Because a prequel is what everybody wanted from BG&E2, right? Nobody cares about what happens to Jade and her friends, right?

I love Michael Ancel's passion, but he's quite possibly the stupidest motherfucker in the industry. Besides the Hybrids what the fuck is Beyond Good & Evil about this game?
>>
you can do literally anything
>>
Well, Ancel himself said the game was canceled at least once...
>>
File: Cancelled BGE.webm (3MB, 640x266px) Image search: [Google]
Cancelled BGE.webm
3MB, 640x266px
>>380784472
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.