[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does not SEGA try to make Sonic spin-offs? They could take

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

Why does not SEGA try to make Sonic spin-offs?
They could take all these innovations and not change what Sonic is supposed to be.
>>
Because everyone collectively forgot how to make games once hardware got good and optimization quit mattering
>>
>>380757445
Because Sega doesn't actually give a fuck about Sonic besides milking it for autist money. That's why they have Japanese Rick Berman in charge of Sonic so he can't fuck up any more important Sega franchise, that's why they don't devote any budget to spin-offs unless they're generally safe choices (it's really cheap to get a bunch of fans to make an official fan game), and why Sonic games are chronically given tight deadlines.
>>
File: 1494563123597.gif (1MB, 300x251px) Image search: [Google]
1494563123597.gif
1MB, 300x251px
>>380757445
Sega decided that would have when about sometime after Nintendo developers marketed when.
>>
>>380757445
Because the Storybook series didn't sell.
>>
>>380759580
Because they played horribly and had boring stories.
Also have different characters.
>>
>>380757445
they made a game gear tails game
and you got the shadow game
and knuckles chaotix. None of them sell well, so that's why.
>>
>>380759206
>Sega decided that would have when about sometime after Nintendo developers marketed when.

You want to run that by me again?
>>
>>380759580
>Let's try something creative with Sonic
>It flops
>Let's try again!
>flop
>Let's
>flopflopflop
>repeat again for several more retarded ideas
>Oh well, I guess no one wants anything different so we'll just play it safe from now on.

This shit infuriates me to no end. Every time you say "I want Sonic to be more creative" you get mouth breathing idiots saying something like "Hur you want more Werehogs??" No you fucking mongoloid, I want Sonic Team to be creative but not by doing something
clearly fucking retarded like giving Sonic a talking magic sword.

The sheer amount of tone deafness IIzuka and his Yesmen have is astounding. How do you get "We don't want to play as any character other than Sonic." from "We don't want to play as a stupid fucking Werehog or walk around in a mech as Taills." But it's even worse than that.

IIzuka has recently gone on record saying that he actively avoids making characters like Tails and Knuckles playable because he doesn't want them to play similarly to Sonic, even though that's the main reason why people loved Sonic 3 so much. A game HE fucking worked on.
>>
>>380762848
I think people would have been more open minded with lost world if it had been an Amy game.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.