[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

They're jumping ship one by one. What's going on at

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3

File: ss+(2017-06-16+at+06.18.00).jpg (71KB, 599x476px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2017-06-16+at+06.18.00).jpg
71KB, 599x476px
They're jumping ship one by one. What's going on at Valve that's made their most known people leave?
>>
>>380747049
gaben assimilate them one by one
>>
>>380747049
they dont make any fucking games anymore
>>
>>380747206
resistance is futile
half life 3 will never happen
>>
Valve doesn't fire people they just ask them to leave or make it so leaving is the best option on the table, and only after they've done what they need to. Actually read up on how Valve works and you'll see that nothing unusual is happening and if anything multiple people leaving just means they've finished their work on a project that's soon to be announced.
>>
>>380747049
People leave companies all the time. I don't see the issue.
>>
>>380747049
I'm guessing some of these people want to make actual games, not just work on DotA and CS:GO forever
>>
switching from game developers to online retailers
>>
They pitched ideas for hl3 and Gabon threw a shit fit. They are leaving in retaliation
>>
>>380747558
>multiple people leaving just means they've finished their work on a project that's soon to be announced
Bullshit. Valve don't make real games anymore, they make game services. You cannot just finish them like traditional games. They require constant work and support.
>>
>>380747049
they're not making any fucking games
OR
everything they make to go public gets scrapped

>video game developers leaving a company that refuses to develop video games
what a fucking shocker
>>
Valve is done with hiring game makers to develop innovative games.

Now they only hire behavioral scientists and economists to develop innovative user monetization strategies.
>>
>>380748429
They've had a few games in production for a while now, most likely VR games
>>
>>380748706
They have 3 VR games in production.
Most likely game services actually.
>>
>>380747049
You already made this thread before, faggot. Valve is not a dev company anymore, that's why people who makes games are leaving it.
>>
A good question we have to ask is what are game developers even doing in valve? are they always jusy playing dnd and shit and thats what they call work?
>>
File: 1482359510505.jpg (35KB, 599x337px) Image search: [Google]
1482359510505.jpg
35KB, 599x337px
>>380747049
Probably been told that a bunch of ess jay doble u's are joining the studio and they're jumping shit to avoid the inevitable clusterF.
>>
valve is supposedly a shit place to work because of their weird principles
you can work on anything you want, but you constantly have to be working on stuff or you'll lose your job, so if a project hits a snag (even from something as minor as waiting for assets) it gets abandoned
>>
>>380747558
>soon to be announced
I'm tempted to screenshot your post so that in 2 years when Valve still haven't made a new game I can just bring it up as evidence of why people shouldn't apologise for them

stop cucking yourself to a corporation who gave up on it's fans years ago
>>
>>380748897
Fucking around and rolling on desks mostly.
>>
>>380747049
I mean these guys were in their 25~s30s when they made half life one. That was what, 20 years ago? They're in their 50s now. Most of them are retiring or just lost interest in videogames and are gonna do something else.
>>
>>380747049
he looks like a nu-male.
>>
valve is such a shitty company
>>
>>380749143
We can thank them actually.
They are trying to save game industry from the disaster that will otherwise happen in 7-10 years.
They are lazy fucks, but they are not bad guys here.
>>
>>380749026
kek
>>
>>380748893
Hello again. This is just a reminder that you need to go back to your subreddit.
>>
So why shouldnt this particular person ever leave Valve? Why is he so important for us?
>>
>>380750862
Who are you?
What subreddit?
>>
>>380747049
STEAM happened. Why make games when you can get paid distributing them instead?
>>
>>380747049
>we are not making games anymore and solely focusing on being a store
>so you can either leave now or we will make your life a living hell until you leave
>>
And? I know people that got hired. People come people go.
>>
>>380747049
Nothing. Nothing is going on. People don't want to make fucking hats for the rest of their lives, they want to make fucking video games.
>>
>>380747049
Creators wanna create, and valve isnt interested in creating anymore
>>
Valve is living 5 years into the future.
Noone there cares about shitty 2D games after they tried 10k vr hmd in the lab.
>>
File: cookie1.jpg (86KB, 1300x500px) Image search: [Google]
cookie1.jpg
86KB, 1300x500px
they couldn't handle GABEN's giant Pink cookie
>>
>>380747049
they are fucking rich leaving valve and want to try their own thing.
>>
>>380749143
Please do, I want to see it in 2 years.
>>
I've been saying this for years. This was always going to happen.
Valve realized how fucking hard it would be to create something as innovative and new as Half Life 2. Something that does some pretty impressive things for it's time, with physics and facial animation, and created an entirely new engine that is still being used today with intense modding capability.
They realized this was an impossibility, and so they completely dropped it. They can't make anything new or innovative because with the way FPS are today, they wouldn't be able to do something special.
And if they did, it would only be a shallow game that would never live up to the years of hype surrounding it. It would give them a bad reputation, not that it would have any affect on the strangle hold and monopoly Valve have on this industry with their online store.
But not bringing it out stops any future problems.

And who the fuck would want to work in that kind of environment. You'd do what? Work on Hats? Work on Cosmetics for DOTA?
>>
>>380747320
Simply this, they dont need videogame developers anymore, they need IT, costumer service and administratio staff only
>>
>>380747049
NO GAMES ALLOWED
>>
>>380752714
The thing is the longer the wait the worse it gets because they clearly never worked on it. HL2 is super bare bones now but if a company had spent 13 years working on one thing it would be incredibly dense, which is what huge companies are now starting to do. Big names have been shitting out walking simulators with A to B scripting for a good while now yet. Even sandbox games are super barren because they flood everything with randomised spawning.

These companies can't throw a couple hundred people on something for a year or two and expect it to have depth. It's the too many cooks scenario. I don't like the Witcher games but when I look at the Witcher 3 I see something unique in that there is years of depth to it and a unified goal. If devs translate more of this into world and gameplay design the industry would be way better off.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.