[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So the metroid announcements got me hungry for a Metroidvania

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: 1497544044110.jpg (52KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
1497544044110.jpg
52KB, 460x215px
So the metroid announcements got me hungry for a Metroidvania game.
is this one good?
>>
>>380742793
Eh it's alright. Combat takes too much time I think, the game would be loads better if all the enemies had their HP cut in half.
>>
I didn't like it and I'm a pretty big metroidvania fan. If you haven't played Hollow Knight yet I suggest you try that first, also Ori and the Blind Forest.
>>
>>380743078
I'll second Hollow Knight
>>
>>380743078
Ori was good, pretty psyched for the sequel.
>>
File: Drill.webm (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Drill.webm
2MB, 1920x1080px
The mix between classic-style graphics and modern techniques is neat. It's a nice game.
>>
>>380742793
it's really well made but I didn't enjoy playing it very much. Ori is still my favorite
>>
I really, really like guacamelee. Its got this good difficulty that's hard but not infuriating and getting all the optional relics for the good ending is FUN and challenging. The combat is also pretty solid.

People will tell you its a bad game though because it has MEMES from REDDIT!
>>
>>380743635
Guacamelee was so fucking good
>>
>>380742793
Buy the actual Metroid games off the VC so Nintendo sees more people wanting Metroid.
>>
>>380742793
Check out valdis story, bunny must die and la mulana

>>380743078
>>380743134
I'm going to have to heavily not recommend hollow knight, because the gameplay is extremely boring
>>
>>380743840
Severed is really fucking nice too. Its got the metroidvania feel of obtaining a power up and opening new areas to explore but with 1st person dungeon crawling.
>>
>>380742793
Axiom verge was pretty good but i enjoyed hollow knight more.
>>
>>380743635
Those meme's were REALLY out of place though. Fuck, it makes me sad to think about this. This game released during a period that le meme's were on the top of their game. 2x2 comics ruled the day.
>>
>>380744312
>>380743635
Didn't the re-release remove the memes?
>>
I really enjoyed the game. Great music and exploration
>>
I got about half way through (I think) and got burned out. There's a few nice mechanics, but all the guns kinda bleed in to one another and the rules about the glitch gun in particular annoyed me a lot.

Running from one end of the map to the other isn't fun.
>>
if you want a dark souls-esque metroidvania you should play salt and sanctuary, not hollow knight
>>
>>380742793
Hollow Knight is better esp. for the price

if you really want to be cool play environmental station alpha
>>
>>380742793
I thought axiom verge was extremely boring. Especially boss fights. It's always the same pattern over and over again. You can find yourself doing the same 3 moves on repeat for like 5 minutes straight. It's disgusting. Also, you can find shitloads of weapons but they're all trash except maybe 3-4 so don't even bother finishing it at 100%.

Game aesthetic is fucking lit though, i was sad when I saw that it was so bad
>>
>>380743635
The memes were annoying, but those aside, it was a legitimately great game. I should 100% it sometime.

I remember casuals whining about how hard the game was, but it was actually fairly easy to me outside of a few of the bosses, which weren't even that hard.

I need to get on all these indie Metroidvanias I need to play still.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.