[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Serious thread. Why does the story feel so contrived? Every

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6

Serious thread.
Why does the story feel so contrived?

Every single plot advancement just falls into place like a deus ex machina.

>School MC goes to just so happens to have a serious sexual predator
>Madarame's student stalks Ann out of nowhere in a subway with millions of people
>Get into account with a top mafia boss (kaneshiro) just by talking to people in shibuya
>one of the world's top hackers (futaba), who you just so happen to need, is the daughter of the coffee shop owner who took you in, she also lives across the street.
>The daughter of one of Japan's biggest and most corrupt corporate CEOs is just a year above you in your irrelevant school in bumfuck
>the sister of the woman investigating you in the phantom thieves case also goes to your school and becomes part of your team
>akechi meets you randomly in a TV station, he's also investigating the phantom thieves despite being a fucking little teen shit
>people keep meeting you in the subway, despite the fact that tokyo metro has 10 million people riding it daily.

Is there any explanation for all these ridiculous coincidences or is it just any case of "magic, dont go to explain shit".
Oh and if a character says "unforgivable" one more time, I'm breaking the disk in half.
>>
>>380738483
There is literally an evil god maneuvering you through the game to win a rigged bet.
>>
>>380738483
it's japan. they're all pedophiles.
>>
The point they're trying to make is that basically everyone is a fucking idiot in some way,. You aren't chancing upon the two people in Japan that are corrupt, you're discovering that everyone around you has fatal flaws. If the Phantom Thieves weren't awakened, a few of them would probably have their own Palaces.
>>
>>380738761
The people whose palaces you are entering aren't just normal baddies. They are:
>volleyball olympic medalist turned teacher
>top artist in Japan
>top shibuya mafia boss
>CEO of the most successful company in japan
>>
>>380738628
Fpbp
>>
File: YHVHStanza.png (40KB, 228x316px) Image search: [Google]
YHVHStanza.png
40KB, 228x316px
>>380738483
>Every single plot advancement just falls into place like a deus ex machina.
Uh
>>
>>380738628
ef pee bee pee

also
>irrelevant school in bumfuck
you're in like the middle of tokyo
>>
>>380738483
Because Yabadabadoo staged the whole thing. Even the main cast mentions how everything feels like a huge coincidence after another.

Yalby created a game with Akechi having the upper hand, but Joker managed to win the rigged game and defeat Yabadabadoo
>>
>>380738483
>why isn't my highschool friend and girlfriend simulator weeb game more deep and complicated?

I'll never understand retarded faggots like you. Just enjoy the game for clearly all it is
>>
File: 328865.jpg (37KB, 225x350px) Image search: [Google]
328865.jpg
37KB, 225x350px
>>380739651
>Yalby created a game with Akechi having the upper hand, but Joker managed to win the rigged game and defeat Yabadabadoo
>Akechi managed to lose a game rigger by literallg god in his favor
Fucking Groo
>>
>>380739817
If a game is going to take its story seriously, then I'm going to take it up at its word. I don't accept craaaaaazy explanations or other bullshit. All the pieces need to fall into place and be fully explainable or its FUCKING GARBAGE.
>>
Because it's Persona.
>>
>>380740087
He unconsciously rigged himself to lose trough his retardation
>>
File: REEEEEEE.png (1MB, 1232x717px) Image search: [Google]
REEEEEEE.png
1MB, 1232x717px
>>380740087
>>
>>380740087
Yalby is not good you fag. He's essentially a shard of YHVH but not YHVH himself.

Keep up persona only fags
>>
>japanese writing
>>
File: nyar-aki.jpg (45KB, 200x247px) Image search: [Google]
nyar-aki.jpg
45KB, 200x247px
>>380740087
More like
>Yaldy still has to depend on a fucking retard to win the game for him, and do nothing for that retard except giving him the Wild Card

Meanwhile Nyarly has Jun by the balls and pull out motherfucking Hitler after he jobs
>>
>>380738483
It's literally god trying to watch you fight off another wildcard user.
>>
File: 1497326486708.png (170KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1497326486708.png
170KB, 512x512px
>>380741129
Details, anon.
I know all about the great will, amala network and all that other crap.
Fact is Akechi lost a game that a deity rigged in his favor.
I like smt too, but there is no need to make a constant dick measuring contest.
Christ anon
>>
>>380738483
You're supposed to see it like fate is bringing these people together and unravelling throughout the game. It's usually the manipulation of a god or something.
>>
>>380739817
There are people who LITERALLY analyse world of warcraft lore. Autism is a disease. They cannot suspend disbelief.
>>
>>380738483
>Why does the story feel so contrived?
Because it is? It's not meant to be a slice of life drama, it's a game telling you a story.

>School MC goes to just so happens to have a serious sexual predator
...That's the story. Do you read history and think "Germany just so happened to elect an efficient dictator just before going to war"?
>Madarame's student stalks Ann out of nowhere in a subway with millions of people
He saw her once before and precisely BECAUSE of this point, the second time he sees her he follows her.
>Get into account with a top mafia boss (kaneshiro) just by talking to people in shibuya
You literally only find him because Makoto gets herself captured by screeching that if they don't take her to him she'll call the police.
>one of the world's top hackers (futaba), who you just so happen to need, is the daughter of the coffee shop owner who took you in, she also lives across the street.
Given the greater narrative elements at play it's not entirely contrived. Sojiro's nature as her guardian is already hinted at because he became your guardian already.
>The daughter of one of Japan's biggest and most corrupt corporate CEOs is just a year above you in your irrelevant school in bumfuck
Happens all the time? You're in central fucking Tokyo, not some shithole like Inaba.
>the sister of the woman investigating you in the phantom thieves case also goes to your school and becomes part of your team
Again, these happen in relation to one another, not in spite of one another. If you pay attention to the story it flows together.
>akechi meets you randomly in a TV station, he's also investigating the phantom thieves despite being a fucking little teen shit
THE DETECTIVE HAPPENS TO BE INVESTIGATING A CRIME
Really makes you think
>people keep meeting you in the subway, despite the fact that tokyo metro has 10 million people riding it daily.
They meet you in the hub areas, which, if you've ever been to Japan, aren't that big.
>>
>>380739248
Hmmm it's almost like the message of the game is that getting too big for your boots causes your personality to become horrible and affect those around you negatively hmmmm
>>
>>380740087
Akechi is Griffith, only he lost.
>>
>>380738483
Are your new to jrpgs? They're all like that.
>>
>>380738483
Maybe if you actually played the game you'd realize that nothing in the game happened by chance. It was a god fucking with you
>>
>>380741372
Yaldy is to Igor as Nyarly is to Phil. He's working with what he's got, he can't full-blown godmode it
>>
>>380740396
>I don't accept craaaaaazy explanations or other bullshit.
What's wrong with all the posts that doesn't do "craaaaaazy explanations or other bullshit" above yours?
Why did you just straight ignoring that?
>>
The story is so fucking weak in this game.
>>
>>380742896
They all sound craaaaaazy to me.
>>
>>380744764
SMT in general is miles crazier than this, yet I don't see you complaining.
>>
>>380744951
I've played Persona 3 and half of Persona 4 and the stories in those games didn't bother me like this one. In Persona 4 for example Inaba is a small town so it makes sense that you constantly make random encounters, make friends with everybody etc etc. The same shit doesn't cut it in a massive megalopolis like Tokyo. Every main enemy and character is literally across the street or goes to the same school despite all being famous, rich and powerful people with control over massive parts of society.
>>
>>380745137
See, you nitpicking hard.
>Inaba is a small town so it makes sense that you constantly make random encounters, make friends with everybody etc etc.
Yet this happen in Tokyo which is fucking crowded and a random counter doesn't makes sense to you?
Great logic.

>Every main enemy goes to the same school
Literally only Kamoshida and Akechi and even that THAT'S because Shujin is one of well known school.
That doesn't makes sense?
Sounds to me you just hate it because it doesn't goes the way you want to.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.