[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I can't get this idea out of my head: >All those references

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 10

File: DCOfWn8W0AAAw3t.jpg (150KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
DCOfWn8W0AAAw3t.jpg
150KB, 1280x720px
I can't get this idea out of my head:

>All those references to past games in form of suits, enemies and locations.
>Bring back Pauline from Mario's first game
>The ending will probably involve Bowser's wedding with Peach, Mario storming into it while wearing the white suit and something happening between him and Peach.

Does anyone else get a real "This is the end" felling from this game? I know: it's Mario, the series will never end. But what if Miyamoto announces his retirement after the release of this game, and this is his final goodbye to fans and followers?
>>
what game is mexican mario from?
>>
>>380737837
nintendo just loves pandering to old fans
>>
File: Qix_end1_mex[1].gif (1KB, 160x144px) Image search: [Google]
Qix_end1_mex[1].gif
1KB, 160x144px
>>380738073
Qix version for the Game Boy. Even if it was a game by Taito, it was developed by Nintendo for that console.

Fun fact: if you played the multiplayer game, Player 1 would be Mario and Player 2 would be Luigi.
>>
File: Dr._Mario_box_art.jpg (205KB, 250x357px) Image search: [Google]
Dr._Mario_box_art.jpg
205KB, 250x357px
>>380737837
in this case i really hope there is a DR Mario world!
>>
File: IMG_4939.gif (1KB, 160x144px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4939.gif
1KB, 160x144px
>>380738454
neat
>>
You sound autistic.
>>
They SHOULD make every one of these huge "once every decade" 3D Mario games as if it were their last. They should all feel like complete masterpieces.

Lookin' at you, Sunshine.
>>
They want as many outfits in the game so they can sell as many amiibos as possible.
>>
File: Qix_nativeamericanmario[1].gif (699B, 32x32px) Image search: [Google]
Qix_nativeamericanmario[1].gif
699B, 32x32px
>>380738602
And in the cartridges there remains some information for an Egyptian and an Indian endings. https://tcrf.net/Qix_(Game_Boy)
>>
File: wake_me_up.png (41KB, 200x195px) Image search: [Google]
wake_me_up.png
41KB, 200x195px
>>380737837
I just hope they bring back Wart...
>>
>>380737837
Mario's getting married, of course it's going to be the last game. There's no time for games after marriage.
>>
>>380739091
Underrated.
>>
>>380737837
No, that is stupid, specially considering how little he has to do with this game. Those are just references brought by new blood because younglings love references. And the marriage thing will go nowhere, you naive fool.
>>
>>380739019
Only in your dreams, anon.
>>
File: Mario_Soldier.png (16KB, 149x137px) Image search: [Google]
Mario_Soldier.png
16KB, 149x137px
I'm dissapointed there's not a soldier costume to reference that one game
>>
File: pew.gif (2MB, 400x229px) Image search: [Google]
pew.gif
2MB, 400x229px
>>380740804
>>
>>380737837
No, they're just digging their claws into your nostalgia very, very hard this time.
>>
Isn't Miyamoto actually not involved with this game and instead working on Pikmin 4?
Anyway, yeah Nintendo is just doing fanservice (the good kind), it's good that they can get an emotional response out of Mario fans, but in your case you're just reading too much into it.
>>
File: smu2.jpg (2MB, 2400x3301px) Image search: [Google]
smu2.jpg
2MB, 2400x3301px
>>380737837
>tfw SMO is close to my dream Mario game idea

>collectathon
>takes place in the entire Mushroom World
>the map looks like the ones from the Mario & Luigi handheld games
>it's pretty big but every zone is linked by warp pipes to a hub
>you can still go through all of it by foot, no loading screens
>the world map includes: Peach's Castle (also works as hub), Toad Town (where you find various minigames and other side activities), the sewers (with a pipe labyrinth), Bowser's Fortress, Luigi's Mansion, Donkey Kong Jungle (and/or a construction site inspired by the original DK), Wario's Goldmine, Pianta Resort, E. Gadd's Laboratory, Rosalina's Planetarium or some sort of floating island, Yoshi's Island, plus a volcano, snowy mountains, a forest, a beach, an underwater land, a desert, a candy land
>some areas are huge, some are smaller
>you can chase whichever star you want in the order you prefer, and you can even see the stars in the distance while you're traveling
>to reach certain stars you need particular power-ups
>across the levels you'll find some blacked out "?" blocks
>you need to unlock those blocks to get the power-ups you need
>to unlock them you have to get certain stars (so for example you get the "star of the fire flower", you'll unlock all the fire flower "?" blocks across the map)
>some areas have Great stars (or King stars or whatever) that are protected by a boss
>getting these Great Stars unlocks playable characters (Luigi's Mansion = Luigi, Peach's Castle = Peach, etc.)
>FLUDD comes back as a power-up you find in "?" blocks
>so does Yoshi (like in SMW)
>maybe even hammers
>tons of cameos from every game of the franchise (Land, SMB2, and every major spinoff)
>a level which is a 3D version of SMB 1-1, where the star is on top of the flagpole
>>
Mario and Peach getting married would be a good ending and I hope they do it instead of some autistic Jap thing where something romantic kind of happens but it really doesn't
>>
>>380742415
For a moment I thought you wouldn't catch it, I'm glad you liked it, anon.
>>
File: 1477573791876.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1477573791876.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>380743602
>some autistic Jap thing where something romantic kind of happens but it really doesn't
>>
>>380738670
But Sunshine was a fucking masterpiece.
>>
>>380743281
I'd play it.
>>
>>380743912
FUCK
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.