[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

These are the candidates for Evo 2018. Which games do you want

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 13

File: EVO 2018 Candidates.png (417KB, 948x458px) Image search: [Google]
EVO 2018 Candidates.png
417KB, 948x458px
These are the candidates for Evo 2018.

Which games do you want to see featured?
Which games do you NOT want to see featured?
Which games are going to be featured regardless of you want?

Discuss.

I almost included Killer Instinct, but let's all be real here, nothing can save that game. It's almost sad how dead it is.
>>
A R M S
R
M
S
>>
>>380732503
Guilty Gear
Everything else is trash
>>
>>380732503
Tekken 7, DBZ, DFV, Marvel, Melee, KOF

But mainly Tekken 7, it's the most watchable Tekken yet, and gets pretty fucking hype.
>>
>>380732503
>talks about KI being dead
>leaves marvel infinite and SF5 alone
Reallly gets the gray matter going
>>
>>380732503
I feel like KI could get some more play once it comes to PC though.
>>
>>380732503
Shouldn't we wait until MvC Infinite and DBZ come out before we consider them for Evo?
>>
I'd love to see ARMS but I doubt it's gonna make the cut.

What I really hope for is that DBFZ actually ends up being not just good, but great, and to receive a permanent place at EVO.
>>
>>380732712
SF5 sucks so fucking much but it's about as far from dead as you can get
>>
DBZ, KOF, GG, Blazblue, Tekken, and i'd like to see KI too
>>
>>380732741
Should we tell him?
>>
>>380732503
Guilty gear, Although I believe DBZ will get the spot considering its basically a reskin of GG that just released this year. ARMS would be nice although I don't know how well it will do. needless to say at this point Smash, SF and MvC are a given.
>>
>>380732712
Do you actually think KI has more players than SF and Marvel or are you just pretending to be retarded?
>>
The arms contest at E3 was the most boring shit I've ever seen.
>>
>>380732503
>Featured
Injustice 2, Guilty Gear, and Tekken 7

>Not featured
Fucking Smash

>Regardless
Smash, SFV and MvC:I
>>
looks fine to me

honestly i wish they just played USFIV or something instead of SFV
>>
>>380732503
KI is still a thing? Anyway
Frome there I only want DBZ, it would be fun to see how the community adapts to it and if it can become competitively viable since it seems to be a lot easier to get into than GG as some E3 impressions have been reporting.

What I do not want is ARMS, mostly because I doubt it can actually be a competitive game, could be wrong though.
>>
File: 1497146847633.jpg (40KB, 353x357px) Image search: [Google]
1497146847633.jpg
40KB, 353x357px
>no Gundam Versus
>>
File: 1382893596933.jpg (97KB, 504x470px) Image search: [Google]
1382893596933.jpg
97KB, 504x470px
What I Want
>SFV
>Tekken
>GG
>Melee/Sm4sh (I don't care which)
>Blazblue
>KoF
>KI
>Pokken
>Arms
>DBZ

What We're Actually Getting
>SFV
>MvCI
>Tekken
>GG
>Melee
>Sm4sh
>KoF
>IJ2
>DBZ
>>
>>380732741
M8
https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/store/p/killer-instinct/9nblggh1z149
>>
>>380732503
Why include Arms in that list? No one gives a shit about that trash, except game starved switchfags.
>>
Is Mario Odyssey going to be at EVO?
>>
>>380732503
Wanna give ARMS it's chance but it seriously just seems like an incredibly slow arena fighter to me.

KOF and KI just don't get any attention from anyone at EVO. Think KOF gets some pull at EVO Japan atleast.
>>
>>380733307
Would make EVO actually somewhat watchable.
>>
>>380733162
It's not Street Fighter so it sucks
>>
>>380733307
Yes. There's going to be a Wizard-esque Odyssey tournament to close the show.
>>
After the testpunch I thought ARMS was pretty mediocre with little depth, then Mr. Yabuki SCHOOLED that negro and holy shit I'm ready to see more of this game competitively.
>>
>>380733264
Never doubt the power of Nintenfags, their autism lets them keep two games of the same franchise in Evo
>>
>>380732503
I'm down for ARMS if only motion controls was forced, and they're streaming the people live as they're flailing

Could be good.
>>
>Elder God Tier
ARMS

>acceptable
Tekken 7
The King of Fighters XIV

>anime
BlazBlue
Guilty Gear
Dragonball FighterZ

>holy shit just die already
Injustice 2
Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
Super Smash Bros. Melee

>2017
>modern crapcom fighters
Street Fighter V
Marvel vs Capcom Infinite

>implying
Pokken
>>
>>380732503
want:
Arms
Sm4sh
Pokken
Injustice 2
mvci

Don't want:
Anything else on that pic
>>
File: 14_powers06.jpg (89KB, 1038x596px) Image search: [Google]
14_powers06.jpg
89KB, 1038x596px
Hey, guys, Killer Instinct isn't dead!
In fact, they just released the trailer for the final KI character, Eagle! You know, the character who's a huge part of the lore!
He's Thunder's brother, and he's the guy who Fulgore was modeled after!
Y-you guys care, r-right?
>>
>>380732996
Guilty gear is to dbz what tekken is to pokken, they realy arent that similar other than they are fast fighting games
>>
>>380733242
Good list Anon, if fucking only
>>
>>380732503
The only ones I wish I could exclude would be Melee (too broken), MvC:I (boring), Pokken (boring), ARMS (boring) and Injustice 2 (boring).

But my opinions aren't popular, and realistically speaking I would say KoF14 (low turnout), Pokken (low turnout), Dragonball Fighter Z (not out yet) and MAYBE Arms might not make it in.

Still wish KI made it. So underrated.
>>
>>380733823
Yeah
>>
>>380732503
>Which games do you want to see featured?
Tekken 7, GGRev 2, BBCF, KoF XIV, DBFZ
>Which games do you NOT want to see featured?
SFV, MvCi, Smash, Arms, Pokken
>Which games are going to be featured regardless of you want?
Everything but Pokken, Arms, and KoF XIV

I just wish Smash would get their own thing so we can have other stuff. If you absolutely HAVE to have it, then pick one, but two fucking slots?
>>
File: 1396211708879.png (880KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1396211708879.png
880KB, 720x720px
>SFV
Will be there regardless of how shitty the game is. Its, for some reason, the game that provides the most visibility and more visibility equals more sponsors and money involved. As long as they release updates and new characters, esportsfags will continue playing the game and support if they can get money/fame out of it.

>MvC:I
Another guaranteed game regardless of how bad it will be. Most FGC personalities are shills for this games so of course, Mr.Wizard and the Canons will want to please them by adding it to the roster.

>Tekken 7
Will probably be added to avoid the potantial shitstorm that would occur if they didn't. Truthfully, they don't give a shit about Tekken but they don't want any more problems than they already have so they'll add it and give them the Saturday slot for finals to not lose viewers and money.

>Rev2
Its presence will depend on how well it does this year and how fickle its community will be when DBFZ comes out. If we go by the history of the anime fighting game community, Rev2's community will move on to the next newer shit and as a result, it will die by the time Evo 2018 comes out. That said, it will most likely not be there.

>Melee
One of the few games that deserves to be there. Despite the community being a bunch of crybabies, the storyline for this game's community is great and it's a fun game to watch. If the finals are hype (i.e no Wobbles or Puff ledge camping), it will be there.

>Smash 4
Will be there for money. Evo knows it's a boring game to watch but the numbers of entrants are always growing which is more money for them at the end of the day.

>Blazblue
See Guilty Gear. It's already dead.

>KoFXIV
Was dead at release. Will not be there.

>Injustice 2
Will be there for the same reason as Tekken 7.

>Pokken & Arms
Only if there's Nintendo $$$ involved. If not, then no

>DBZ
Most likely will be there as it will attract players from all the communities players and a lot of eyes. Will be the "Street Fighter of anime games"
>>
ARMS because not one game there has a MR. YABUKI. Fuck the fanboys who don't want it in because they wanna preserve the "manliness" of the FGC or some shit

YOU'RE PLAYING FUCKING VIDEO GAMES, YOU DISCARDED YOUR MANLINESS THE MOMENT YOU PICKED UP THE CONTROLLER
>>
File: 1462559586355.jpg (41KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1462559586355.jpg
41KB, 1280x720px
>>380732503
Tekken 7
KoF XIV
DFZ
GG Rev2
>>
File: Stay post ironic WB.jpg (90KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
Stay post ironic WB.jpg
90KB, 720x720px
>>380734929
Injustass 2 will be there souly because WB bucks and furry tears.
Nobody with an IQ over 50 gives a single fuck about that game.
No matter how much Sejam shills it
>>
>>380733857
That's a good analogy actually, So far however I've only seen a few videos of gameplay and besides the fact that in DBZ you can have a team it seems pretty similar in terms of mechanics.

In any case, I'm just saying that it's way more likely that DBZ gets chosen over GG if the decision comes to that, because they're pretty similar and DBZ is gonna release this year.
>>
>>380732503
But anon, 2018 is the year Super Street Fighter V comes out.
Why would anyone play the old version of V?
>>
>>380732503
No more Melee please, I'm getting tired of it already
Pipe dream but please no SFV, go back to 3rd Strike for the love of god
No MvCI, put DBZ instead
>>
>>380735459
Well, as soon as the logo for it (and the inevitable update for GG) are released, I'll be sure to update the picture
>>
>>380734974
>preserve the manliness
What the fuck are you talking about
People don't want it in because it's dull, that's all. That Gundam game would probably be more entertaining even
>>
Melee is a fucking awful game.
After playing it for 2 years seriously I've seen the light in how much artificial dark souls tier difficulty is in the game and how it wasn't meant to be competitive at all.
>>
>>380735721
>People don't want it in because it's dull, that's all.
>new games with new gameplay is dull
whatever u say r/kappa
>>
File: rachel-umbrellaspin.gif (75KB, 359x250px) Image search: [Google]
rachel-umbrellaspin.gif
75KB, 359x250px
I want BBCF in, but it's pretty much guaranteed not to be with the lack of an Extend and the low entrance numbers this year. We're getting the Sunday sendoff this year so I'm not too upset about it honestly.

>>380733242
This is pretty much what I'm thinking, though I'm sure they'll find a way to leave out even KoF.
>>
>>380734929
Found the meleequeer

>>380735291
Found the SF-Like cuck
>>
>>380732503
What I wanna see is Tekken, Dragonball, Guilty Gear and KofXIV. Thats all I really care about.
>>
>>380735948

Where is that animation from. I don't remember ever seeing it.
>>
>>380734929
DBZF and GG can co-exist. DBZF will open the floodgates to anime fighters. More people slowly have been picking up Xrd since DBZF announcement.
>>
>>380736332
It's her roll animation I believe
>>
>>380736105
t.Stoner
>>
>>380736334
I still can't believe DBZF is only about 20% done.
It looks so fucking fun.
>>
I have a feeling Nintendo VS is going to fuck with titles at stuff like EVO since they might want an all in deal where they feature all the Nintendo VS games or none at all.
>>
>>380732503
>Main Stage Gohan vs Cell final on Sunday.
It needs to happen.
>>
>>380736105
I don't even play Melee. I just like watching.

>>380736334
>DBZF and GG can co-exist.
They can the same way BB and GG can but it won't happen.
>>
6 games in main EVO

Guilty Gear
Dragonball Fighter Z
Melee
Tekken 7
ARMS
Then we have Capcom drones see which of their trash obligation games get in.
>>
>People actually saying arms
All the exhibitions have been boring as shit, yes even the dev one which people are trying to make out was amazing
>>
>>380736723
That doesnt make any sense. Maybe you're the stoner.
>>
File: 1497132635522.jpg (15KB, 375x375px) Image search: [Google]
1497132635522.jpg
15KB, 375x375px
Street Fighter
MvCI
Tekken 7
Rev 2
Melee
Smash 4
Injustice 2

Are guarantees, if not because of player base then because their publishers will force it in with money (i.e Injustice 2). It's not worth debating those seven.

I don't see EVO ever going above 9 games so that leaves 2 games left. The easy one to cut is BlazBlue. Despite ArcSys being popular, BlazBlue has always been a waning game in the face of Guilty Gear becoming more popular. If Dragon Ball FighterZ gets a solid worldwide release date a good few months before EVO, and that date gets announced well in advance before EVO finalizes their lineup in January (which I fully expect since Bamco wanted it to be an EVO-worthy fighter that can contend with Marvel), then DBZF is gonna replace BlazBlue.

That leaves the ninth game and I want to say KoFXIV is gonna be replaced by either Pokkén or ARMS. Like it or not, Pokkén has a pretty big competitive scene, almost got in over Marvel 3 this year and Switch is going to make it easy as fuck to set up. That said I wonder whether or not ARMS is going to be a surprising hit. The finals of the Invitational the other day were hype as fuck, people are already memeing the dev guy and 2GGC's next major July tournament has a huge ARMS focus.

Though again this prediction is contingent on whether DBZF is going to come out in time for EVO. If not, I expect the two final games to be Pokkén and KoF.
>>
>>380732503
First, add KI back. Second, remove ARMS and Pokken. Also add skullgirls
>>
>>380737527
Also EVO and CEO need to stop double dipping with the common area/stadium approach. It's killing the two tournaments. Soon, only Combo Breaker will be worth going to for a large tournament in the US. No one wants to spend $100 on tickets to watch shit on top of playing entrée fees for games as well as flights for their pseudo vacation. We've already figured this out.
>>
>>380735946
It being new doesn't automatically make it good and you know that. You guys complain about shilling all the time even yet here you are, arguing that a game should get in just because it's new.
>>
File: image.jpg (68KB, 576x432px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
68KB, 576x432px
What I want:
>Dragonball Z Fighters
>Tekken 7
>Guilty Gear Rev2
>Killer Instinct
>Patched Injustice 2 that fixes the fucking zoning
>King of Fighters XIV
>Super Smash Bros Melee
>Ultra Street Fighter 4
>Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3

What I expect:
>Street Fighter V
>Marvel vs Capcom Infinite
>Tekken 7
>Super Smash Bros Melee
>Smash 4
>Pokken Tournament DX
>Arms
>Injustice 2
>Dragonball Z Fighters

I'd say they should support more than 9 games and just have more games end on the second day. Next year is just going to be a contest of who can buy more games into EVO between Capcom and Nintendo
>>
File: 1464654013113.jpg (60KB, 478x552px) Image search: [Google]
1464654013113.jpg
60KB, 478x552px
>>380732503
>Want
GG Rev 2
DBFZ
KOF
Tekken 7
Melee

>Don't want
Mahvel
Pokken
Arms
Sm4sh

>Will be there
SFV
Mahvel

I just find Capcom games to be boring to watch now.
>>
File: 1497131755941.jpg (201KB, 764x720px) Image search: [Google]
1497131755941.jpg
201KB, 764x720px
>>380737170
It's okay if you didn't like it - I didn't either for quite a while - but fact is a whole shit ton of people would disagree with you. You'd be a fool to not acknowledge that ARMS is a wild card right now and people are slowly realizing they've been sleeping on it. Time will tell where it goes but I wouldn't count it out.
>>
File: Fixed_95a11c_5819078.jpg (66KB, 494x366px) Image search: [Google]
Fixed_95a11c_5819078.jpg
66KB, 494x366px
>>380732503
>Arms
I'm astounded at how many people want this game at evo. Imo it makes Pokken look exciting in comparison.
>>
I want all the arc's games in since they're all good and not fucking boring like sf5 and mvc.

I also want smash to die, but I'll settle for melee. Take your fucking CRT's and malfunctioning game cube controllers and have your own' stupid tournament. Let fighting games have their own tournament.
>>
I definitely want melee, smash 4, and blazblue. DBZ looks neat so far, so I'd be happy to see that. Arms, pokken, and GG would be cool, too.
Thread posts: 72
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.