[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's stopping you from becoming an e-sports ATHLETE and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: DCE-6UdV0AAjq9M.jpg (128KB, 960x800px) Image search: [Google]
DCE-6UdV0AAjq9M.jpg
128KB, 960x800px
What's stopping you from becoming an e-sports ATHLETE and earning millions, /v/?
>>
>>380717083
I don't look cringe inducing enough.
>>
>>380717083
>SFV left behind

LMAO
>>
>>380717083

>slaving away at a video game year round for the CHANCE of winning 10k.

Wow that sounds like a great way to earn less than min wage. Or nothing because you didn't win.
>>
>>380717083
What a terrible graphic. Why would you say "X million+"? For all we know, counter strike could have awarded 500 million overall because that still fits 10 million+
>>
>>380717083
I have to compete with a million other players with more skill and free time than me playing the game.
>>
>>380717238

Fighting games are a thinking man's gaem. Sorry not all games can appeal to 3rd worlders
>>
i really don't know why anyone would seriously get involved in competitive league of legends. from what i've seen and read it's super serious and no fun allowed
>>
>>380717083
The problem is that these games die after a few years compared to real life sports and if the player can't adopt, like from broodwar to sc2 or cs 1.6 to GO, you are just fucked and need a backup plan to do something else in your life. Not even all "pros" make a lot, only the 50 something elite nerds on the best teams that get all the money
>>
>>380717083
>1. 51,000
>2. 8,651
>3. 4,423
>4. 13,277
>5. 3,856

Doesn't sound quite as impressive when you break the individual numbers down

This is even more disturbing considering this requires professional training which mean you wont be working or doing anything else but practicing
>>
>>380717950
What did you expect? Should all the losers in a tournament be compensated for losing? It's not their fucking wage, it's a prize for winning
>>
>>380717950
a lot of them earn salaries
>>
>>380718116
>It's not their fucking wage, it's a prize for winning
No shit Sherlock

The point is it HAS TO BE A FUCKING WAGE in order to get to the level you have to be at

Or you have to be inherently wealthy, which I'm sure most are

Fact is nobody is going to make a living off this shit
>>
>>380718259
>The point is it HAS TO BE A FUCKING WAGE in order to get to the level you have to be at
I don't even follow any e-sports but even I know all the top players have teams and sponsors. Fucking idiot
>>380718247
Yes
>>
>>380718312
That's not the point asswipe. I get there are a couple thousand people on the entire planet that make a decent living off of it

The point is that its a gamble and most people cant take the risk to hope they might with 1st to 3rd place at a DOTA international

OPs question was why doesn't everybody become an esports athlete and make millions halfwit and I'm answering because its not remotely realistic for the mass majority of people and the people that did succeed was because of luck and timing
>>
>>380719061
>OPs question was why doesn't everybody become an esports athlete
It actually wasn't
Just join a team and git gud
>>
File: Dumbass.png (288KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
Dumbass.png
288KB, 512x512px
>>380719230
Y you need team if you so gud?
>>
>>380719702
To get a salary
>>
File: Gooby%20%20car%20suspicious.png (9KB, 386x269px) Image search: [Google]
Gooby%20%20car%20suspicious.png
9KB, 386x269px
>>380720163
>>
>>380717083
Don't know about DotA 2, but Riot pays a salary to all professionals who play in the different championship series.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.