[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Tfw she's finally back You're going to buy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 209
Thread images: 32

File: Samus.Aran.full.1914194.jpg (550KB, 800x710px) Image search: [Google]
Samus.Aran.full.1914194.jpg
550KB, 800x710px
>Tfw she's finally back
You're going to buy her games, right?
>>
>One game is a new entry in a beloved spin off that isn't being developed by the original studio
>The other is a remake developed by the guys that made a shitty Castlevania game and an already worse looking inferior remake to something a fan put out for free

It's like they only put these out just to get us to shut up.
>>
Well well well
>>
>Friend said that he will lend me his Wii so that I can play through the Metroid Prime collection
Should I bother doing it?
>>
I buy every single mainline and mainline Prime game.
>>
>>380710628
if you saw nintendo treehouse yesterday you would know that nintedo has supervision on mercury steam
>>
>>380710451
I'm likely going to get the 3DS Metroid as I don't have a switch. Probably gonna play through ZM, SM, and maybe fusion via emulation as it's been ages.
>>
>>380710451
Not the remake fuck mercury steam
>>
>>380710451
See looks likes she has a 10 year old face on this drawing
>>
Too bad she won't look like her old self and it'll just be Other M Samus shoved down our threads from now on.
>>
>>380711087
Thats why the game looks so shitty? Im thinking nintendo doesnt give a fuck and let them do their stuff just looks that shitty parry and qtes
>>
>>380711427
Sakimichan is the only artist I've seen that is simultaneously great and awful at the same time.
>>
>>380711294

> Maybe Fusion

ok like Fusion wasn't the best handheld metroid ever.
>>
>>380710451
Yes, I will buy a New 3DS and Samus Returns and then after that I will buy Metroid Dread when it's released in 2019 the same year as Prime 4 for the 3DS since the 3DS will last beyond 2018 and I know Sakamoto will just build Dread off the Samus Returns engine. I hope they add GBA VC to the 3DS that way I can have every 2D Metroid game.
>>
>>380711427
Whats wrong with that
>>
File: Metroid-Other-M-02.jpg (35KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
Metroid-Other-M-02.jpg
35KB, 960x540px
>>380711457
other m samus is qt tho
the problem with other m was the writing. not how she looked
>>
>>380711369
i don't understand how they're still getting work the best game they ever made was maybe a 5,5/10
do they work for free or something ?
>>
>>380711457
And no one gives a fuck.
>>
>>380710451
Sakimichan is an awful artist
>>
File: Samus_2D_endings.jpg (11KB, 250x192px) Image search: [Google]
Samus_2D_endings.jpg
11KB, 250x192px
>>380711631
Considering her looks were shit, I'd say they were a problem.
>>
Literally who?
>>
>>380711608
Cause that aint Samus?
>>
>>380710451
Too little too late, I think. Last new Nintendo game I bought was Brawl.
Maybe someone will have an entertaining playthrough of it one day...
>>
>>380711734
Not him but like I said here>>380711667 who gives a shit.
>>
>>380711667
You're deluding yourself if you seriously think that.
>>
>>380711734
her looks were qt
and those pixel art are devoid of detail.
other m samus drawn in those pixel style would look the same as those sprites
>>
>>380711457
They wouldn't call it Prime 4 if it was going to be Other M Samus. They know they dun goofed.
>>
>>380711087

I'm pretty sure they supervised Other M too
>>
>>380711660
Maybe not for free but probably low wages
>>
File: 1471671655052.gif (2MB, 256x192px) Image search: [Google]
1471671655052.gif
2MB, 256x192px
>>380711963
>gross mole
>midget
>high heels
>neon yellow yellow hair, like it's spray painted on

Give me a fucking break.
>>
>closest thing to traditional Metroid is on a dead handheld

I don't know what I was expecting.
>>
>>380711912
Why are you playing Metroid. It isn't about the bitch in thee suit, it's about the fucking suit. I play Metroid to explore an alien world and shoot aliens in the fucking face. If you really have that much of a problem with suitless Samus then go play Prime 1 and you can stare at dyke Samus all day, no one will miss your retarded ass. Out of all the complaints this is the stupidest .
>>
File: IMG_0391.jpg (128KB, 463x411px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0391.jpg
128KB, 463x411px
>>380710451
Offcourse I will Anon.
>>
>>380711087

>nintedo has supervision

This isn't automatically a good thing (Sticker Star).
>>
>>380712152
*the
>>
>>380712129
I don't know what you mean by dead. You want to wait for potential games because the system is "alive"? The 3DS has seven fucking years of games to play or pirate
>>
File: dem other m's.jpg (48KB, 552x674px) Image search: [Google]
dem other m's.jpg
48KB, 552x674px
>>380712103
Both are cute variants
>>
File: 1470476150550.jpg (46KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1470476150550.jpg
46KB, 250x250px
>>380712152
It's a pretty fair thing to want some parity in the visual design of the main heroine. Other M was shit, ditch the look and go back to the Super or ZM look (even though I think Hunters is the best). The complaint is a pretty fair one.
>>
If the game is good, I'll get it. As it looks right now, I see nothing but disgusting casual features scattered about everywhere.

>b-but just don't use them

I have to skip 90% of the game just so I don't fall asleep. How nice. Bravo Nintendo.
>>
>>380712287

>You want to wait for potential games because the system is "alive"?

They wouldn't be potential games if they weren't being released on the dead system instead.
>>
File: HOLY SHIT.jpg (118KB, 736x804px) Image search: [Google]
HOLY SHIT.jpg
118KB, 736x804px
>>
>>380710451
I just bought a New 3DS because the circlepad on my original one broke. I'll be getting Samus Returns and Ever Oasis when those are released.
>>
>>380712217
That's a different beast. SS is shit bevause it is built up on a bad idea. They did exactly what they wanted to do, but the core idea was shit.
Here the core idea is to make a proper 2D Metroid game
>>
>>380712532

How do you know that was their intent? For all we know they want to make a more "cinematic" Metroid, based on how easy it is to parry counter every enemy in the game.
>>
>>380712103
looks the same
she's just aryan blonde in every game
>>
>>380712405
>posting Brawl
Samus never looked the same since Metroid NES, she has no fucking visual design parity. I could care less what she looks like under the suit. I just care about if the game is good. You're a retard that's bitching because this design came from a garbage game when the design really doesn't look bad at all. Again if this is such an issue for you. Go make a Prime 4 thread and bitch about it there to the Prime fanbase.
>>
>>380712532

>Here the core idea is to make a proper 2D Metroid game

The core idea was to make a proper TTYD style game until senile hand cannon man vetoed it.
>>
>>380710758
Yeah
>>
>>380712661
>Prime fanbase

You mean the Metroid fan base.
>>
>>380712743
No I mean the Prime fanbase they are the only ones that bitch about Samus suitless design when she barely takes the thing off. You'll fit right in with them.
>>
>>380712627
Adding a cinematic takedown to a game doesn't change the whole vision, the parry is just the "new game gimmick". For all we saw at the Treehouse it plays like any other 2D Metroid
>>
>>380712849
It's all one fanbase anon. There's no separation. Unless you're one of those assblasted Superfags who can't let it go even after 15 years.
>>
>>380713000
This
>>
>>380713051

Primefags are Nintendo's equivalent of RE4fags.
>>
>>380713051
You seem to be the one who can't let go of 15 years >>380711734. Game looks great and will only lead to Metroid Fusion's sequel in 2019, Metroid Dread. I have zero issues with the game thus far since it's a return to the series roots.
>>
>>380712627
>For all we know they want to make a more "cinematic" Metroid
Bru, THE ORIGINAL METROID WAS MADE with the intend to reproduce the "cinematic experience " of Ridley's Scott alien.

Don't flog around word like "cinematic experience" like it's magically making you right. If the contextual action is well integrated in the game, there is nothing wrong with that.
>>
>>380713131
They like a great game?
>>
>>380713000

>For all we saw at the Treehouse it plays like any other 2D Metroid
The problem is that it's built to be as casual as possible. Even if you ignore the parry mechanic, the enemies are designed to be slow, stupid, and repetitive. They even had a livestream today showing some fights against the gamma metroids. They hover slowly in the air, constantly exposing their weak spot, while barely attacking you. Then they go to the ground and VERY SLOWLY telegraph a melee attack, where you're supposed to do your epic cinematic take down.

All I'm saying is that I see bits of Other M coming through here, where Sakamoto would rather focus on style over substance, and I don't believe his lying ass for a second when he claims that he won't focus on the story this time.
>>
>>380710451
>You're going to buy her games, right?
I'm a huge Metroidfag. Of fucking course I'm going to buy her fucking games. Especially now that I'm no longer a NEET, have a job, and have a bit of disposable income nowadays.

>>380710758
Speaking of, HD remaster of MP Trilogy when? I'd actually buy that, god fucking dammit.
>>
>>380713276
>Sakamoto
Not him but the counters are all MercurySteam.
>>
>>380713259

>Bru, THE ORIGINAL METROID WAS MADE with the intend to reproduce the "cinematic experience " of Ridley's Scott alien.
It was designed to replicate that with GAMEPLAY. It didn't need cutscenes constantly, nor did we need an epic pseudo-quick time event for every enemy in the game, especially when they don't put up a fight as is.
>>
>>380712409
>I see nothing but disgusting casual features scattered about everywhere.
Wrong.
>I have to skip 90% of the game just so I don't fall asleep.
A feature (requiring timing skills) that is used from time to time, only in boss fights, and is only a small fraction of the boss fight IS NOT 90% OF THE GAME

>Bravo Nintendo.
Bravo, head in the butt anon! you are so much into
>CINEMATIC REEEEHHEHEE
that it alter your own perception of reality and make you think it's dfacto wrong no matter what.
>>
>>380713386
Hey everyone, if you see a post like this, it's ACfag. Report and hide
>>
>>380710758
Yes and you should suck his cock for that
>>
>>380713386
>It was designed to replicate that with GAMEPLAY
And so is the current game
>. It didn't need cutscenes constantly
SR doesn't constantly have cutscene either
>nor did we need an epic pseudo-quick time event for every enemy in the game
And Samus Returns doesn't rely on epic pseudo-quick time event for every enemy either. Only boss, and only sporadically.
>especially when they don't put up a fight as is.
Zeta Metroid was putting a hell of a fight.
>>
>>380713494
That's not ACfag you retarded idiot. Were you even around when he was still shitposting? ACfag was all about trying to derail a thread by claiming everyone loved Other M. God if you're gonna shitpost at least know what you're talking about.
>>
>>380713482

>A feature (requiring timing skills)
I see the exact same anon making this claim over and over again. is it the same guy? I swear, he must be a marketer to be in every single Metroid 2 thread, defending his company's next big project.

QTEs, contextual timing, whatever you call them. They do not require timing or skill. That's just a marketing gimmick to hide a blatant smudge on the gameplay.
>>
>>380713690
He also brings up "cinematic experience" and "QTE" in Metroid Samus Returns, you must not been in the threads yesterday and 2 days ago.
>>
>>380710451
AM2R will be better
>>
>>380713691
>I see the exact same anon making this claim over and over again. is it the same guy? I swear, he must be a marketer to be in every single Metroid 2 thread
I see the exact same complain >>380712409 over and over again. Is it the same guy? I swear he mut some hater to be in every singe Metroid 2 threat spouting the smae complain despite everyone calling him off.

>QTEs, contextual timing, whatever you call them. They do not require timing or skill.
They do.

>That's just a marketing gimmick to hide a blatant smudge on the gameplay.
No, it's an additional gameplay that add to the fighting.
>>
File: 1451432572974.jpg (18KB, 512x287px) Image search: [Google]
1451432572974.jpg
18KB, 512x287px
>>380713691
>QTEs, contextual timing, whatever you call them. They do not require timing or skill.
>if no input is made in time, it does not work
>doesn't require timing
>>
>>380713663

>And so is the current game
>SR doesn't have cutscenes
>Samus doesn't rely on epic quick time events on every enemy either

We only have Sakamoto's word on these things, and since he's an idiot who forgot how to make a good Metroid game, he doesn't get any validation until the game is released.

>Zeta Metroid was putting a hell of a fight.
Only if you've never played a video game before. Every attack of his was way too slow, and telegraphed too much to be a challenge.
>>
>>380713874
Will?
>>
>>380713997
There's no Samus Return to compare yet.
>>
>>380713929
>>380713958

>They do.
Then you might want to play videogames that aren't Call of Duty.

>No, it's an additional gameplay that add to the fighting.
There is no fighting. Enemies barely even attack you outside of the "contextual not quick time whatevers" that we're talking about.

If the casuals at the treehouse can nail the timing 9 times out of 10, it's not hard enough.
>>
Samus Retrun = Castlevania Mirror of Fate Crap
AM2R = Master Piece made by 1 guy.
>>
stop making samus into a waifu you anime loving piece of shit
>>
File: 1408437358808.jpg (328KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1408437358808.jpg
328KB, 1920x1080px
>>380710451
yea, never had the chance to play the prime serie i ordered prime 1 and 2 for dirt cheap on ebay. should i bother with prime 3? apparently it's not as good
>>
>>380710451
If she naked from the start till the ends
I'm buy it
If not
I'm buy it any way

It's Nintendo faggot
buy its ! Now!
>>
>>380713968
>>SR doesn't have cutscenes
Oh look at me , I am a smart person, first I will claim that this game has
>cutscenes CONSTANTLY
and when I am pointed out that it doesn't have constantly cutscene, I, smarty that I am will pretend that what that anon was actually claiming there is NO CUTSCENE AT ALL, which, as we all know is the exact - same as saying that a game doesn't constantly have cutscene. I am a master debater like that.

>We only have Sakamoto's word on these things,
We have literally seen every video. Parry is literally a normal close range attack, it as much a cinematic as when Samus fire the her gun. There are only Contextualised actions when fighting a boss and only sporadically.

>Only if you've never played a video game before. Every attack of his was way too slow,
He was actually quick and dealt lots of damge. There is only visual cue for the special parry.
and telegraphed too much to be a challenge.
It is no more telegrpahed than any other metroid Boss

Boss with gimmick whose you have to leanr a strategy to beat HAVE ALWAYS EXISTED IN METROID.
>>
>>380712743
No underage there's always been a divide. Primefags are not metroid fans.
>>
>>380710451
>You're going to buy her games, right?
No, but I'll be remodeling her asshole.
>>
>>380713131
>Primefags are Nintendo's equivalent of RE7fags.

FTFY

>>380713271
RE4 was great, Prime is not.
>>
>>380713874
>will

it IS better.
>>
>>380714120
>Then you might want to play videogames that aren't Call of Duty.
I jusdge timing difficulty by each indivifdual game. Every game mechanic can become super easy or difficult depending of how you implement it.
>There is no fighting. Enemies barely even attack you outside of the "contextual not quick time whatevers" that we're talking about.
Thi sis 100% false. ther is no contexxtualised action outsode of boss fight. you fight ennemies normally and parry is even quicker done with normal eneiues as it is don in the Rockstar Batman games.

>If the casuals at the treehouse can nail the timing 9 times out of 10, it's not hard enough.
they are not casual they play videogames for a living.
>>
>>380714569
These, a good comparison would be Halo fans vs Warfags.
>>
>>380710628
>One game is a new entry in a beloved spin off that isn't being developed by the original studio
Corruption was a piece of shit so I'd rather a new studio instead of Retro. And didn't a lot of key staff behind Prime 1 and 2 leave before 3 as well?

I agree with your point about Samus Returns though.
>>
>>380714810
*this
>>
>>380710451
>Not a black woman with an afro

Day 1 boycott.
>>
>>380712103
I once kept replaying that cutscene so I could masturbate to it.
I fucked up with the timing and ended up cumming on the cinematic selection menu though.
>>
>>380714562

>Oh look at me , I am a smart person, first I will claim that this game has

But every time you fight a boss, it's a cutscene. That's the only reason those cinematic take-downs even exist, to make the game feel less videogamey.

>We have literally seen every video
And every video has the parry mechanic being abused way too easily to dispatch 90% of enemies. It's like they're not even playing a video game.

>He was actually quick and dealt lots of damge
I'm afraid you have some low standards then. That wouldn't even be considered easy in Am2R.

>Boss with gimmick whose you have to leanr a strategy to beat HAVE ALWAYS EXISTED IN METROID.
Those gimmicks require gameplay at least, instead of cinematics. Look, I even have some events from the live stream to back up my point.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJABBMAqZsU

Skip to 2:57 and you'll see the fight with Arachnus. Notice how he's ultra-slow and every attack of his is avoidable without even touching the control stick? Infact, when they go into morphball mode, he can't even try and touch them. He just stupidly bounces around the room. THIS is good game design?

>>380714791

>they are not casual they play videogames for a living.
Every one in the industry "plays videogames for a living". Not all of them are good at it. These are the same people who couldn't beat Super Metroid. That's right, they were among the kids who said things like "y doesn't metroid crawl". These people do not deserve the benefit of the doubt.
>>
the prime series is a fps with a handheld controller, seriously the first one was pretty cool but we didn't need any rehashes

I've already played the metoid 2 remake, it was breddy gud

I'm sure as shit not playing a 'other M' inspired ultra-cool combat bullshit remake
>>
File: SR Zeta.webm (2MB, 708x720px) Image search: [Google]
SR Zeta.webm
2MB, 708x720px
Most enemies in Samus Returns have multiple attacks. Usually just two, but Metroid bosses can have upwards of five different moves they'll use. Among these, typically only one (for Metroids, less than 1/5 of their moveset) is able to be countered. It's almost always the charge. When they use this charge, you have 3 options:

>Just shoot him
It's Metroid, the vast majority of these fuckers will die before even getting into charge range. If they start the charge, they'll die before they finish. I guarantee by the end we'll have a stacking screen covering beam that hits every enemy twice and also the enemies behind them. Not bosses, obviously.

>Dodge, motherfucker
Just get out of the way. Jump, morphball, somersault away from the enemies one charge move or the numerous other uncounterable attacks they have.

>Counter
One thing I haven't seen discussed is that the counter move actually has two parts to it. The first is the initial melee 'parry', which knocks the enemy back and stuns it. The second is the 'counter,' where hitting a second button causes Samus to shoot a stronger shot or missile. It was shown in the stream that you can do the first without the second. Incidentally, the boss "cutscene" seems to be part of the counter half. I'm pretty sure you can do the 'parry' and then not hit the button to continue into the 'counter' animation. Thus skipping the "cutscene" thing entirely if you don't like it. Also, the counter animation actually uses up missiles so it might end up being limited.
>>
>>380714810
considering primefags literally are halofags flocking to a halo reskin it works.
>>
>>380715157
>the prime series is a fps with a handheld controller, seriously the first one was pretty cool but we didn't need any rehashes
The only one I agree with.
>>
>>380715258
Thing is, I'm a Halo and don't even like Prime.
>>
>>380715180
look at how awful this fight is, they can't even make up their mind what kind of visual or animation style they want

when in doubt make a xenomorph and add a melee gimmick, I just can't get excited about this
>>
>>380715360
It's because prime is bootleg quality.
>>
>>380715180

That's still way too casual. How can people be so far gone that they think timing button presses is hard, when you don't have to dodge or worry about your environment at any point? The game does all the fancy flips and jumpkicks for you. It's a glorified turret section from Call of duty.
>>
>parrying requires no skill
> infact if a game has parry its shit
I always knew dark souls was shit.
>>
>>380715405
Not him then just shoot the fucker then. Stop whining like a bitch.
>>
You gotta at least respect ACfag's autismal dedication, he has been sperging out non stop for 3 days with the same asinine "arguments", I wonder if he will keep up this rhythm until October or people will finally learn to tell him to fuck off first.
>>
>>380710451
Why do super-only fags have to shit up every metroid thread?
I can't remember the last time we had a decent metroid thread.
>>
File: images.png (4KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
images.png
4KB, 225x225px
>>380715565

>entire board talks about how Dark Souls is "shit" because it's overrated and has a hard to deal with fanbase
>parry system now needs to be defended
>"wtf I love Dark souls now"
>>
>>380714980
>But every time you fight a boss, it's a cutscene.
That is not "constantly cutscene. And yes there is a small into. aAND THERE IS ZERO FUCKING THING WRONG WITH THAT. it might not be up to your tastes, but it doesn't means it's bad or that it should be forbidden.
>to make the game feel less videogamey.
Cutscen have existed since ever in videogame. little intro to the boss is literally a stapple of the videogame genre. You basically don't see that anywhere outside of videoames.

>And every video has the parry mechanic being abused way too easily to dispatch 90% of enemies.
You are changing the point of discussion. you complained that every parry caused a cut-scene which it doesn't as it is just a normal attack like her gun. That's what you complain is about. And it's used against enemies because they actually are agressive.
> It's like they're not even playing a video game.
-pushing a button cause an attack
-if that attack touch the ennemy, it cuase damage
somehow this is not playing videogame.

Just admit you went
>is that QTE RHEEEEE
and lost any objectivity.
Fuck, I am 100% sure that if the screw attack was only itnroduced now, you would complain it's a betrayal of the game and casualisation.

>Skip to 2:57
That's definitely not the timestamp you wanted to show me.

>Those gimmicks require gameplay at least, instead of cinematics.
Getting rewarded to deliver bigger damage for showcasing good timing skill IS gameplay too. Also, it's only a fraction of the bossfight. stop acting bad faith like it constitute the meat of the fight when it's only an optional portion of it.

> These are the same people who couldn't beat Super Metroid. That's right, they were among the kids who said things like "y doesn't metroid crawl"
Source.
>>
>>380715621
shut the **** up primefag
>>
>>380715512
>when you don't have to dodge or worry about your environment

How do you melee counter the fireballs, out of curiosity?
>>
>>380711734
That reveal is still the greatest middle finger to dudebro gamers since Zoe Quinn
>>
>>380715512
>How can people be so far gone that they think timing button presses is hard,
Videogmae IS pressing buttons
>when you don't have to dodge or worry about your environment at any point?
You have to worry about it and parrying can require as much skill as dodging.
>>
File: 29297114.jpg (14KB, 456x320px) Image search: [Google]
29297114.jpg
14KB, 456x320px
>>380710451
>tfw i read it as she's finally blacked
>>
File: 1448054742361.png (75KB, 348x301px) Image search: [Google]
1448054742361.png
75KB, 348x301px
>>380712103
>Anti-mole meme

Kill yourself.
>>
File: RememberSer.gif (652KB, 450x120px) Image search: [Google]
RememberSer.gif
652KB, 450x120px
>>380716230
I would be okay with this.
>>
>>380715621
If you payed attention you would know that it's ACfag shitting up the thread. Most Metroid fans are happy about this game and 2D Metroid's future. The only faggots bitching about this are ACfag and fan game faggots that are still asshurt about that fan game's C&D.
>>
>>380714658
So primefags like a good game like RE7 fags?
>>
File: rememberMeEddie.gif (218KB, 147x120px) Image search: [Google]
rememberMeEddie.gif
218KB, 147x120px
>>380716341
>>
File: 15628.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
15628.gif
2MB, 320x240px
>>380716230
>>
>>380716263
This
>>
>>380716150
*tips tinfoil hat
>>
>>380712103
Best rendition of Samus.
>>
>>380716384
>RE7
>good

barely worth the effort to reply to your shit bait. Your (You) though since you're so starved.
>>
File: 1448075400587.png (309KB, 703x703px) Image search: [Google]
1448075400587.png
309KB, 703x703px
>>380716581
>RE7 is bad meme

Anti-RE7 fags SEETHING ITT
>>
>>380716816
go away marketer-kun, get XV-kun to join you and do some drunk driving please.
>>
>>380715751

>AND THERE IS ZERO FUCKING THING WRONG WITH THAT.
>Cutscen have existed since ever in videogame
It's a relic of the past that needs to be minimized, like games with frame rate drops, or games with casual mechanics for kids that could easily just be replaced with an easy mode so little timmy doesn't get upset. Just because we have the technology to shove in cutscenes now, doesn't mean we should.

>You are changing the point of discussion. you complained that every parry caused a cut-scene which it doesn't as it is just a normal attack like her gun.
That's the same point though. Every enemy is dispatched way too easy because the game designers think that the cool little cutscenes that happen during them somehow make up for the absolute lack of challenge.

>enemies actually are aggressive
Sure they are, which is why the game constantly goes into slow motion when you're anywhere near them, let alone using the counter mechanic.

>-pushing a button cause an attack
>-if that attack touch the ennemy, it causes a cinematic where Samus moves around without your consent, breaking the pacing of the game and removing control from you with the exception of one button
Ftfy

>Fuck, I am 100% sure that if the screw attack was only itnroduced now, you would complain it's a betrayal of the game and casualisation.
Difference: I have full control of the screw attack every single moment it's on screen. At no point does the game take control away and show me a cinematic of Samus ripping through an enemy for 10 seconds.

>That's definitely not the timestamp you wanted to show me.
2 hours and 57 minutes.

>Getting rewarded to deliver bigger damage for showcasing good timing skill IS gameplay too
it trivializes the gameplay by doing too much damage for no risk. Please, for both our sakes, stop implying that this takes skill. I have the feeling I'm talking to a Nintendo representative.

>>380715898

>How do you melee counter the fireballs
You don't, because they don't hit you.
>>
File: 1478779447828.png (95KB, 232x198px) Image search: [Google]
1478779447828.png
95KB, 232x198px
>>380716884
>Don't have any constructive reasons for why RE7 is bad
>"S-S-Shill! Y-You must like XV too!"

SEETHING
>>
>>380715930

>Videogmae IS pressing buttons
Yes, buttonS, not button. With the cinematic, you don't have to use the control stick, so it's basically reduced to a button masher.

>You have to worry about it
Except the game does it for you automatically.
>>
>>380710451
nah. Hated the first Metroid Prime (didn't even bother to finish it) and the 2D game with the ugly 3D models doesn't appeal to me at all. If they did some nice handdrawn stuff (like Ori), then perhaps I would consider the 2D game.
>>
>>380716987
>VR tech demo
>braindead easy combat
>enemies are not a threat
>game is half outlast half CoD zombies
>made for the youtube/twitch streamer audience
>no content to speak of outside the main game
>no unlockables
>all extra shit is paid DLC
>worst story in the series
>worst characters in the series
>actually managed to dethroned Code Veronica as the most boring and unimaginative RE game
>I'M REDFIELD

stay mad capcvck
>>
>>380716416
>>380716341
>Samus' helmet opens in the middle of the game
>It's a black woman
>"Remember me, white boi?"
>>
>>380715621
When you primefags FUCK OFF AND LEARN THAT PRIME GAMES ARE NOT REAL METROID GAMES.

Go back to yout fucking Halo or whatever FPS. Fucking asshole.
>>
>>380715621
>super only fags

my favorite game is Zero Mission, AM2R a close second. stupid primefag.
>>
>>380717053
>>380716956
This is ACfag.
Don't reply to him.
>>
>>380716956
>You don't, because they don't hit you.

Can you provide a video of a player defeating any Metroid boss while making no control pad inputs and using only the melee counter? I'd just like to see how dedicated you are to your argument that dodging is now unnecessary.
>>
>>380710451
who's that?
>>
>>380717563

>>380716482
>>
>>380717617
My wife
>>
>>380717574

>Can you provide a video of a player defeating any Metroid boss while making no control pad inputs and using only the melee counter?
It's already perfectly possible ingame, since the Metroid, once countered, immediately runs away and gets right back into the same position to be countered again.
>>
>gameS

I'm only buying Samus Returns. Not supporting more Prime shit.
>>
>>380717574
Stop replying to ACfag.
>>
>>380716956
>It's a relic of the past that needs to be minimized
It is minimized in SR, though.

also, no, it's not a relic of the past. all all. it has always been there.

>That's the same point though.
No, "everything is cinematic" isn't the same point as "enemies are too easy".
> because the game designers think that the cool little cutscenes
There is zero cutscene when parry is used against normal enemies. It's just an attack like any other. It's like complaining you can use screw attack agaisnt enemies ramming toward you.
> for the absolute lack of challenge.
Metroid Game have never been the hardest kind of games. This one so far look on par with the others.

>Sure they are, which is why the game constantly goes into slow motion
It doesn't. only sporadically against bossfight.

>>-if that attack touch the ennemy, it causes a cinematic
It doesn't. This only happens during boss fights. with normal enemies, it's just a normal attack.

>Samus moves around without your consent
in the context of the boss fight imagine this: if a bear suddenly drop at you, you also get limited in your movements, the game reflect that.
>breaking the pacing of the game
It's well integrated to the pacing of the fight.
> with the exception of one button
the slow mo only happens because you have to do more parries.
>ifference: I have full control of the screw attack every single moment it's on screen.
and you have full controll of the parry attack at every single moment of the screen too.
>At no point does the game take control away and show me a cinematic of Samus ripping through an enemy for 10 seconds.
Neiotehr does SR.
>it trivializes the gameplay by doing too much damage for no risk.
Wrong, it's not trivialised because there is the risk of missing the parry. also, when done right, it can give a good pacing to the fight.

>Please, for both our sakes, stop implying that this takes skill
I am not implying it, I am outright saying it.
>>
>>380715180
Dropped.
>>
>>380711631
>mole
>stipper heels
>zero suit
nah
>>
File: 1465658515291.png (61KB, 605x307px) Image search: [Google]
1465658515291.png
61KB, 605x307px
>>380717752
I'm not seeing that video. Just curious as to how you think you'll be getting the Zeta off the ceiling using only the melee counter.

>>380717804
Fine, last (you) he gets.
>>
>>380710451
Why she became a WoW blood elve?
>>
>>380717812
Don't reply to ACfag.
>>
>>380717563
>>380717804
>>380718118
samefag with no argument other than muh tinfoil hat internet bogeyman who made me mad shit
>>
File: 1486351686187.jpg (379KB, 1053x1449px) Image search: [Google]
1486351686187.jpg
379KB, 1053x1449px
Man I'm so happy that Metroid is back I'll buy this shit even if it doesn't live up to my highest expectations just to keep the franchise alive.
>>
>>380714980
> Notice how he's ultra-slow and every attack of his is avoidable without even touching the control stick?
No, you are full of shit, I am literlay seeing the player ahaving to move to avoid this attacl, but oh wait there is one time when she avoid it by remaining in a corner, I guess this mean it erase reality and nothing else exist anymore so it can back up your point.
>He just stupidly bounces around the room. THIS is good game design?
He touched Samus several time. and this is how Aracnus was in MEtroid 2. Even easier, actually.
> I have the feeling I'm talking to a Nintendo representative.
You are talking with someone diasgreeing with you.
>>
File: 1495401428053.png (44KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
1495401428053.png
44KB, 657x527px
Can't wait to enjoy 2D Metroid and a new Prime while you fags are still bitching over them on /v/.
>>
>>380717812

>It is minimized in SR, though.
The parry mechanic argues otherwise.

>also, no, it's not a relic of the past. all all. it has always been there.
Much like developers who cut corners. We shouldn't be heralding them as good.

>No, "everything is cinematic" isn't the same point as "enemies are too easy".
It is when the reason they're easy is so that Samus can kill them in an over-the-top cinematic.

>There is zero cutscene when parry is used against normal enemies.
Against the tiny guys, maybe, but every larger enemy, and I mean EVERY larger enemy, becomes embarassingly easy with the parries.

>Metroid Game have never been the hardest kind of games.
"these games have a flaw. Let's not fix that flaw because muh nostalgia."

>It doesn't. only sporadically against bossfight.
Aha, so you ARE the same guy. He used that exact same phrasing as well. And it still isn't true here. "Sporadically'' is still way too much.

>It doesn't. This only happens during boss fights. with normal enemies, it's just a normal attack.
Only against tiny grunt enemies, aka 10% of what you fight.

>if a bear suddenly drop at you, you also get limited in your movements, the game reflect that.
If a bear drops on me, I should die. There shouldn't be some stupidly crazy "press x to jump up and do le ebin sweet jumpkick out of Bruce Lee".

>It's well integrated to the pacing of the fight.
No, it isn't.

>the slow mo only happens because you have to do more parries.
Yes, still no movement required. Still pressing one button.

>Neiotehr does SR.
Except during every single boss fight.

>Wrong, it's not trivialised because there is the risk of missing the parry.
No, there isn't. The attack window is way too huge for even the biggest casual to miss.

>I am not implying it, I am outright saying it.
And I'm saying you're outright wrong.

>>380718007

>I'm not seeing that video
I linked a livestream where the zeta already gets off the ceiling to attack you. It's above.
>>
>>380713304
>Not a NEET anymore
Congrats Anon.
perhaps one day I will graduate from this hell called college and get a job that allows me to buy all the vidya I want.
>>
>>380718225

>No, you are full of shit, I am literlay seeing the player ahaving to move to avoid this attacl,
Because they're casual and intentionally move into his attack path so the boss seems harder. When they go into morphball mode, the fight becomes a joke.

>He touched Samus several time.
Like I said, this was intentional. The casual wanted to sell the game as decently challenging, but failed miserably.

>You are talking with someone diasgreeing with you.
And i can say the same.
>>
File: 1348170473151.jpg (90KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1348170473151.jpg
90KB, 640x480px
>Have two games come out that are pretty great
>Nobody buys them because they are arguing about said games instead of playing them
>>
>>380718196
I know and to make things better, since they made this engine for Samus Returns they can pull a Fusion and Zero Mission and use the same engine to make Metroid Dread for the 3DS and release it sometime in 2019 since that "may" be the last year for the 3DS and the 3DS could also end up getting GBA VS since Sakamoto wants a year of Samus.
>>
>>380718225
Stop replying to ACfag.
>>
>actually supporting the Prime shit

lol no
>>
If I didn't have to buy a fucking Switch to play it, I would be super interested. Shit console. Nintendo needs to stop doing retarded controller gimmicks and just make normal consoles.
>>
>>380718496
Have seen Metrod Samus Returns views on youtube and its place on Amazon, that game will sell well. It's a guaranteed that we will be getting Metroid Dread next after this game in 2019 for the 3DS.
>>
File: flat,800x800,075,f.jpg (45KB, 496x501px) Image search: [Google]
flat,800x800,075,f.jpg
45KB, 496x501px
>>380718731

>everyone I don't like is ACfag
>>
>>380718807
*you
>>
>>380718287
>The parry mechanic argues otherwise.
Not really. it only cause contextual action sporadically during boss fights, which is fitting for a boss fight.

>Much like developers who cut corners. We shouldn't be heralding them as good.
Just because you don't like something doesn't make it bad. when well used, there is nothing wrong with cinematic and contribute to the pacing.
>It is when the reason they're easy is so that Samus can kill them in an over-the-top cinematic.
Except those aren't cinematic, are not forcibly easy if it require timing skills and doesn't even exist outioisde of boss fight. again, we are talking about most enemies where parry does not cause any contextual actions.

>Against the tiny guys, maybe, but every larger enemy, and I mean EVERY larger enemy, becomes embarassingly easy with the parries.
Only boss fight and no, seeing that moment when oyu can parry are only a fraction of the fight.

>"these games have a flaw. Let's not fix that flaw because muh nostalgia."
This isn't some flaw that need "fixing", it the level of difficulty fans who have loved that series are used to and appreciate.

>Aha, so you ARE the same guy. He used that exact same phrasing as well. And it still isn't true here. "Sporadically'' is still way too much.
dude, you are the same guy too. And I have been using that term only in this thread.

>Only against tiny grunt enemies, aka 10% of what you fight.
Wrong 90% of what you fight are normal enemies. contextual action only happens agaisnt boss fights.

>If a bear drops on me, I should die.
But it's Samus we are talking about. soeshe just his limited by the metroid and have to struggle out of it.
>There shouldn't be some stupidly crazy "press x to jump up and do le ebin sweet jumpkick out of Bruce Lee".
there is no reason to forbid it. It require timing skill and is a nice change of pacing in the battle.

>No, it isn't.
Yes it is.
>>
>>380718807
>On the 3DS
please no, I want higher resolution, especially if they're doing 2.5D
>>
>>380718934
Why do you keep replying to ACfag? Stop.
>>
RETRO ISN'T EVEN RETRO

THE PRIME GUYS LEFT YEARS AGO HOLY SHIT IT DOESNT MATTER AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
>>380710451
>one of the games is literally another Metroid 2 remake
>somehow it's worse than AM2R AND the original
Weeww 0/10 originality 1/10 execution
>>
>>380718287
>Yes, still no movement required. Still pressing one button.
Not one button, you have to deliver the fire and also parry again whe the Zeta attack again. It('s a nice way to introduce new moves that can be implemented in normal gameplay.

>Except during every single boss fight.
Never take more than 3 seconds, not tens. not to mention you have to parry several time for the longest one.

> The attack window is way too huge for even the biggest casual to miss.
You haven't played the game.

>And I'm saying you're outright wrong.
No.

>I linked a livestream where the zeta already gets off the ceiling to attack you. It's above.

>I linked a livestream where the zeta already gets off the ceiling to attack you. It's above.
And in that video, you clearly can't defeat it by just using parry. The request that anon made
>while making no control pad inputs and using only the melee counter?
You failed to deliver.
>>
>>380710451
What the fuck is going on with that torso? It's bending wrong all over the place.
>>
>>380718963
Reggie already said it, 3ds will continue beyond 2018, plus making a new 2D game for the Switch would require redoing the engine from scratch to make HD assets meaning it would take another 8-13 years for Metroid Dread. Sakamoto did it before releasing Metroid Zero Mission at the end of the GBA's lifespan because he used the same engine as Fusion and he can do it again with Metroid Dread and after that move on to developing Metroid 6 for the Switch.
>>
>>380718483
>Because they're casual
Source?

>Like I said, this was intentional.
>i will make things up to back my point.

>And i can say the same.
But I don't call you a company shill.
>>
>>380714408
not the best Prime of the trilogy but it's good. Get it if you have a chance.
>>
>>380718934

>Not really. it only cause contextual action sporadically during boss fights, which is fitting for a boss fight.
AM2R didn't need them, so that at least alone proves that they're unnecessary. And it was a far better game.

>Except those aren't cinematic, are not forcibly easy if it require timing skills
There is no timing required. Stop with this meme.

>Only boss fight and no, seeing that moment when oyu can parry are only a fraction of the fight.
Uh, no. They ARE the fight. The enemy can't even touch you if you're even slightly competent at pressing a button.

>This isn't some flaw that need "fixing", it the level of difficulty fans who have loved that series are used to and appreciate.
Is that why the games have so many popular mods? Even Am2R has multiple difficulty modes and methods of play.

>contextual action only happens agaisnt boss fights.
And how many Metroids do you fight? Certainly isn't a few. And no, it's still too cinematic when you parry against other enemies. You shouldn't be able to cancel out their attacks period.

>But it's Samus we are talking about. soeshe just his limited by the metroid and have to struggle out of it.
Samus didn't need cinematic trash to deal with enemies. That's something Other M tried to push. She should be staying as far away from it as possible.

>there is no reason to forbid it.
It doesn't belong. It takes control from the player.

>Yes it is.
No, it isn't.
>>
>>380719162

>Not one button, you have to deliver the fire and also parry again whe the Zeta attack again.
Still doesn't require any more button presses. You still don't have to move or navigate away from it's attacks, since it goes into slow motion to prevent you feeling a challenge.

>Never take more than 3 seconds
Look at the webm posted above. Literally lasts 10 seconds minimum.

>You haven't played the game.
The casual filth at the treehouse has though.

>And in that video, you clearly can't defeat it by just using parry.
Because the streamer was a massive casual. give me the game, I could do it in my sleep.
>>
>>380719237

>Source?
They're treehouse.

>i will make things up to back my point.
Because nintendo doesn't want to advertise their game as le ebin hardcore experience that's still accessible to the filthy normies?

>But I don't call you a company shill.
Because I'm not telling people that they're not allowed to criticize a game.
>>
File: 1490364545145.jpg (17KB, 304x234px) Image search: [Google]
1490364545145.jpg
17KB, 304x234px
It sucks that Metroid is one of those series that you can't really properly get to anymore. You had to play them before 7th or 6th gen to fully appreciate the gameplay. It's still good today, but not outstanding and innovating a metroidvania is pretty hard. I can see why Nintendo is hesitant about making new entries.

t: someone who finished Zero Mission yesterday as his first Metroid game
It was good, maybe 8/10 but I don't really get too excited about the idea of playing more of them. Only thing that made it really memorable was that I accidentally broke sequence and had to look up how to continue from there on the internets.
>>
>>380719254
>AM2R didn't need them, so that at least alone proves that they're unnecessary.
In the end everything is unnecessary. Sorry, this isn't an argument. Something unnecessary doesn't mean it is bad.
>And it was a far better game.
So you have played Sr and could do a comparison?

>There is no timing required. Stop with this meme.
There is, it has been shown.
>Uh, no. They ARE the fight. The enemy can't even touch you if you're even slightly competent at pressing a button.
Wrong. only a fraction of the attacks can be parried.

>Is that why the games have so many popular mods? Even Am2R has multiple difficulty modes and methods of play.
every Metroid game since Prime have difficulty setting. you aren't making a point. What we saw was definitely on normal mode.

>And how many Metroids do you fight?
In the original, 49, if I remember right.

> And no, it's still too cinematic when you parry against other enemies
100% ABSOLUTELY WRONG. THOSE ARE ZERO CINEMATIC MOMENTS.
>You shouldn't be able to cancel out their attacks period.
there is nothing wrong with that. Attacking your enemy to stop them form attacking you is legit. With that logic, Link shouldn't be allowed to have a shield. It's the same as turning into screw attack when they jump at you.

>Samus didn't need cinematic trash to deal with enemies.
someone didn't play Super.
>She should be staying as far away from it as possible.
>gameplay in a series isn't allowed to change or have modification.
There is nothing wrong with implementing close range attack.

>It doesn't belong. It takes control from the player.
Wrong, it give DIFFERENT control to the player, granting them th e ability to do stiuff they normally can't do.

>No, it isn't.
Yes it is.
>>
>>380710451
Heck no
Frick no
Darn no
Cheesus criminy man
>>
Someone post cool Samus pictures please. Also I want a Metroid television show, just throwing it out there.
>>
>>380718840
fucking THIS, grow the fuck up primefags, the entire board is sick of your shit. Whinest fanbase ever.
>>
>>380719995

>In the end everything is unnecessary. Sorry, this isn't an argument. Something unnecessary doesn't mean it is bad.
It's not only unnecessary, it is proven to break the flow of the gameplay, since AM2R had far superior fights. What made them superior? The enemies were ruthless killers. You weren't allowed to interrupt their attacks, you couldn't melee them, you couldn't even rely on your I-frames. They could do all of that and more to kill you, and you just had to deal with it. The challenge gave it a thrill and a risk to every fight. When you can stun an enemy over and over and rip off large chunks of their health in the process, it feels one sided.

>So you have played Sr and could do a comparison?
From the 3+ hours of footage, yes I can sufficiently say that I've experienced the game enough. I'm still buying it of course, if only to see if it changes during the 4 month development, so let it never be said that I didn't try to support Metroid. However, I'm not jerking Nintendo off as a god among developers just because they made a game. They will get the full brunt of my criticism, and after getting some hands on experience, I'll be even better equipped to demonstrate how casual the game is.

>There is, it has been shown.
And the casuals at treehouse have been able to do it with little trouble. That;'s a big red flag.

>Wrong. only a fraction of the attacks can be parried.
And the other half don't hit you. The gamma bombs every part of the flloor except the part you're on, and the zeta shoots the entire wall ABOVE you, but forgets to shoot at you directly.

>you aren't making a point. What we saw was definitely on normal mode.
That doesn't really mean anything. Even Other M had a hard mdoe, but it didn't do anything because the game was already designed to be a movie. All the "mash x to win" mechanics were still in place.

>In the original, 49, if I remember right.
So that's 49 boss battles that are gonna be quick time event compatible.
>>
>>380720227
This
>>
>>380711553
She always makes the face nice then becomes lazy with everything else.
>>
>>380719404
>Still doesn't require any more button presses. You still don't have to move or navigate away from it's attacks, since it goes into slow motion to prevent you feeling a challenge.
It still require timing skill and you can't rely on button smashing like you usually do.
There is challenge if timing is tight.
>Look at the webm posted above. Literally lasts 10 seconds minimum.
Which one? it doesn't take more than 3 seconds.

>The casual filth at the treehouse has though.
>treehouse
>casuals
source?

>Because the streamer was a massive casual
Source?
>>380719464
>They're treehouse.
Source that treehouse are casual?

>Because nintendo doesn't want to advertise their game as le ebin hardcore experience that's still accessible to the filthy normies?
You have to make a choice, either you turst what Nintendo say or you don't. you don't selectively decide what Nintendo say is true or not. and they did say they wanted it to be a challenge.

>Because I'm not telling people that they're not allowed to criticize a game.
But you are telling them they are not allowed to enjoy it.yet I don't call you out as shilling for the concurrence.

People can have their own opinion, you know.

Fuck I wouldn't even argue with you if you simply said "I don't like this game because I don't enjoy contextual action and the mere nanosecond of cutscene send me into a screetching state of terror". But here you are saying how wrong everyone is and how it's sad people enjoy this as if you were the sole judge of what is good or bad.
>>
>>380710451
Do you know what MercurySteam that's developing the game is, OP? Do you know what they did before? This shit is worse than the Team Ninja fiasco.
>>
>>380715914
Here's that (you) you want
>>
>>380719995

>100% ABSOLUTELY WRONG. THOSE ARE ZERO CINEMATIC MOMENTS.
Game still slows down to show them dying. Too much cinema garbage.

>there is nothing wrong with that.
It casualizes the game.

>It's the same as turning into screw attack when they jump at you.
Funfact, after you go down past sector 3 in AM2R, every enemy can break you out of a screw attack except the tiny grunts. The power distribution center is particularly fond of this with enemies that not only interrupt your screw attack, but in addition they ignore i-frames. Since you're at a high level of power at this point, these features are absolutely necessary to keep the game challenging.

>someone didn't play Super.
Flow of battle is never interrupted to make Samus do fancy flips that I have no control over.

>gameplay in a series isn't allowed to change or have modification.
It can, but it has to be positive, and more importantly, it can't casualize it.

>Wrong, it give DIFFERENT control to the player,
So I can move in every direction during the take down attacks? Not just in the fixed directions they tell me to?

>yes it is
No, it isn't.
>>
>>380710451
I only like 2d Metroid games. I might pickup Samus Returns, but it doesn't exactly fill me with any kind of hope.
>>
>>380720292
>It's not only unnecessary, it is proven to break the flow of the gameplay, since AM2R had far superior fights.
It's not if implemented right.
>. When you can stun an enemy over and over and rip off large chunks of their health in the process, it feels one sided.
Depend of how the fight is implmented and how much damage it can deal. with. It also allow change of pacing and diversity of ation.

It's different still, one isn't specifically better than the other.

>From the 3+ hours of footage, yes I can sufficiently say that I've experienced the game enough.
You can't judge on the parry mechanism without testing it yourself.

>And the casuals at treehouse have been able to do it with little trouble. That;'s a big red flag.
Source that they are casual?

>And the other half don't hit you.
It has hit samus, with huge damage.
>. The gamma bombs every part of the flloor except the part you're on,
Wrong.
>and the zeta shoots the entire wall ABOVE you, but forgets to shoot at you directly.
wrong.
>All the "mash x to win" mechanics were still in place.
the dodge mechanism isn't the same as the Parry one. You cna't smash your way out of it.

>So that's 49 boss battles that are gonna be quick time event compatible.
And there is nothing worng with that, as it doens't constitute the meat of the fight in the fist place.
>>
>>380719824
Literally shitting out genre copies every fucking year tho. Cinematic ARPG garbage around the clock, there is zero originality in the industry
>>
>>380716263
>>380716449
molefags get out

GET OUT
>>
>>380720373

>It still require timing skill
You're just gonna keep repeating this, aren't you?

>Fuck I wouldn't even argue with you if you simply said "I don't like this game because I don't enjoy contextual action and the mere nanosecond of cutscene send me into a screetching state of terror"
If I had said that, you'd simply say "you hate fun, you're missing out, you're an AM2Rfag". Because that's what's been said every single thread since the E3 reveal.If you really were fine with me saying that I just don't like contextual button presses, why continue pushing them as a good mechanic, as if your opinion takes precedence over mine?
>>
>>380720719
>primefag autism

go and stay go
>>
>>380720719
Primefags get out
>>
>>380718240
As much as I hate to agree with a frogposter, this.
Its been years since the last and now we're gettin two Metroid games? Color me fucking pumped.
And what's with this divide between Prime fags and 2D fags? If you're a real Metroid fan you've played both. I've played and beaten all the Metroid games. They're all good.
Why are we arguing when we should be celebrating?
>>
File: the mantra of the casual.png (375KB, 670x597px) Image search: [Google]
the mantra of the casual.png
375KB, 670x597px
>>380720676

>It's different still, one isn't specifically better than the other.
Except in this situation, the game is objectively better without it.

>Source that they are casual
They're glorified gaming journalists paid by Nintendo. The same people who unironically agree with articles like this. Also, they're the same people who praised Metroid: Federation Force.

>rest of your arguments
I promise I'm gonna buy the game and play it on its hardest difficulty, just so I can laugh at how people think that this game is so "difficult."I feel like I'm back in 2009 and people are memeing Dark Souls as "le hardcore prepare to die" experience. The exact same marketing tactics.
>>
>>380720951

>Why are we arguing when we should be celebrating?
There are shills among us trying to spew hate at AM2R, while shouting down all criticism of Samus Returns. The thought of both existing didn't occur to them because they're not getting paid to push that idea.
>>
>>380720526
>Game still slows down to show them dying
Literally wrong
>>
>>380721082
I wouldn't doubt there might be shills ITT, although one never knows 100%. Its possible.
Wish they'd leave AM2R alone. Its a damn fine remake and a labor of love. Plus, I'm sure its not gonna stop anyone from buying the new games. Not gonna stop me.
>>
>>380720951
There's no "divide". We know nothig about the new Prime (it's probably on the prototyping stage, if even that) and we know everything about Samus Returns and it's the worst kind of knowledge: it's gotten outsourced to a horrible fucking mess of a company with a track record of not knowing what the fuck they're doing.

People believe that, even though MercurySteam is horrid, Nintendo would never allow them to slack and beat them and the game into shape. The truth of the matter, though, is that Other M is a thing: bad developers make bad games, period.
>>
>>380721383

See, right there, The game slows down to a brief pause to show us the enemy getting knocked back. Like the game suffered a framerate drop.

>>380721448

Trust me, I'm the guy who's super skeptical of Samus Returns, and I'm still gonna buy it, if only to at least acknowledge if Nintendo still has that talent. The whole game doesn't look bad, I just hate that I have to avoid multiple mechanics just to have fun, while Am2R already has a fan planning a boss rush mode. Seems kinda one-sided.
>>
Did anyone notice that SR-388 is near a black hole?
>>
Prime haters and Waifu posters need to btfo
>>
>>380722512
t. primefag go be an sjw somewhere else.
>>
>>380710451
Yes, though I'll probably wait a bit to see if Prime 4 is good before I do
>>
File: Metroid Sprites 2x.png (37KB, 1296x536px) Image search: [Google]
Metroid Sprites 2x.png
37KB, 1296x536px
>>
>>380717079
I'd love a 2D Metroid with visuals like that, but right now I'm just glad we're getting a 2D Metroid at all.
>>
>>380710451
The Yuro preorder is too good to pass up on
>game
>GB version included
>40 page artbook
>steelbook
>CD
>keychain
>pin
>>
>>380710451
...yes
>>
>>380711734
>>380711963
this
>>
>>380725584
so many variations missing. a shame.
Thread posts: 209
Thread images: 32

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.