[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why the fuck are people still demanding "diversity"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 1249957680-00.jpg (136KB, 640x850px) Image search: [Google]
1249957680-00.jpg
136KB, 640x850px
I don't get it the only diversity that should matter in a game are the different types of enemies you can kill or the different types of levels that you explore. But the diversity of the player characters always seems to be the #1 issue. Yet the player character is probably and should be always the least interesting part of the game. Like does anyone give two fucks with what Doom Guy looks behind his mask? People don't play doom for the riviting story of how a mentally retarded black child with no legs and who was raised by a single mother(who's also a centaur) finally got his got his break when augmented with superbits and became a space marine. No people play doom for the fast paced gameplay and the variety of enemies you can fucking murder with a diverse selection of guns. And persona the cast for all 6 main games is all fucking japanese, one single race. Does that detract from the game in any way? No. Fuck Monster Hunter is ignored by almost anyone mainstream outside of japan and it probably has the most diverse set of enemies other than the Souls series.

The only thing I can figure is that the whole call to arms about having diverse player characters stems from cosplayers who are too goddamned fat and ugly to pass for a videogame character and yet they crave the adoration and attention of low hanging fruit. And these fuckwits don't even play the games themselves usually and really have no idea what's out there.
>>
>>380703751
New age players are obsessed with things like character creation, and directly relating to the character/being similar to them. It's disgusting really, as it has helped lead to not only these frivolous diversity/representation issues, but also significantly less games with non-human protagonists.
>>
>p-please i only want straight white males to play ;.;

Pathetic!
>>
When I saw the BG&E2 presentation there were a ton of cheers when they mentioned multiculturalism and multiethnicity and it was like why the hell are they cheering science fiction and fantasy always had a ton of shit like that because they had made up races and non-humans to begin with. it was like are these people living under a fucking rock.
>>
>>380704083
Actually I want a Jak 4 game i want to play as a gun wielding elf.
>>
>>380704213
Non-humans usually don't count for those people and are actually seen as a negative, because there are more games with non-human protagonists than insert minority.
>>
>>380703751
>Yet the player character is probably and should be always the least interesting part of the game.

I have two things to say. You are looking at games with too much of a 90's/80's perspective which doesn't work with how much games are resembling movies these days. Essentially what you are asking for is for games to drop cutscenes and any kind of meaningful talking in general to an extent.

There is a game for you which is safe enough to not offend you, it is called super brothers swords and sorcery. Personally I think its bland shit but seems just up your alley as the protagonist is faceless and uninteresting.

>>380703970
People have wanted this kind of customization since forever. You have to be 14 not to know this
>>
>>380704416
Are they seriously that stupid?

Do they not know who the fuck Sonic The Hedgehog is or the fact that Crash bandicoot is coming back. Hell we live in the unievrse where fucking Bubsy is coming back. Non-human mascot characters have existed since the dawn of the medium, just look at Pac-Man or Donkey Kong. The two great progenitors of arcade games are fucking non-human.
>>
>>380704632
Yeah that's the problem games that resemble movies too much forget that they're games and wind up being shit. Uncharted 3 and 4, order 1886, and telltale games are the primary offenders.

When I played Rise of the Tomb Raider I was surprised how much control it allowed me for a large game. I was allowed to fuck up jumps, I could attack enemies in a myriad of ways. Hell it didn't hold my hand throughout the whole thing, it was better than Uncharted and I was baffled to why it didn't get greater praise.
>>
>>380704995
I didn't play that but I played the first one and hated it. Nothing but scripted events and dumb bullshit. meh. Literally Uncharted.
>>
>>380705498
Yeah the first one was far more linear and much smaller areas. Rise is much more of an improvement and had greater exploration. It also didn't have Kill 5 guys and wait more to spawn and then kill those 5 new guys before you're allowed to move on like Uncharted has.

Rise's only short coming was keeping the cinematic scenes in the time trials, the game was not suited for time trials and those were just tacked on in an attempted to get you to purchase coins with real money.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.