[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When do you think the 3DS will be officially dead? I hope Nintendo

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: Who asked for this.jpg (265KB, 1280x640px) Image search: [Google]
Who asked for this.jpg
265KB, 1280x640px
When do you think the 3DS will be officially dead?

I hope Nintendo stops supporting it by 2018 and then solely focus on the Switch and smart phones for portable gaming.
>>
>>380699792
>focus on the Switch and smart phones for portable gaming
That sounds horrible.
>>
Remember that the Game Boy took 12 years to die, and the DS took 7 ONLY because of the Vita. Now that there's no competition, expect it to be alive until the base Switch model can be made cheap enough to fill the 'cheap underpowered handheld' market Nintendo is known for.
>>
File: 3DS 2017 games.jpg (4MB, 5168x1956px) Image search: [Google]
3DS 2017 games.jpg
4MB, 5168x1956px
>>380699792
>When do you think the 3DS will be officially dead?
never
>>
>>380699792
Why do people hate Hey! Pikmin so much? Pikmin 3 wasn't that long ago, and theres no way they're putting a core game on a ds. for what is basically casual lemmings, looks decent.
>>
>>380699957
Yeah, I think Nintendo is out of gimmicks, although you might see a hardware upgrade in a few years.
>>
Hard to say, but with them doubling down on the 2DS XL and the rather sizable amount of remakes this year, I give it until 2019 at best with 2018 mostly winding down.

I get the feeling that it will still have some life in Japan for awhile, and will probably have games released until 2020 or so, if not longer. I still get the feeling Capcom will still make 3DS Monster Hunter games for the Japanese audience due to how big the game is over there on handhelds and port them over to the Switch later.
>>
>>380700184
It was revealed around the same time when the only things on the horizon were Federation Force and Color Splash, plus people were worried it was Pikmin 4.
>>
>>380699792
Maybe two years from now once Switch finally reels in their full fanbase.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.