[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>heard that persona 5 is good >buy it >started playing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 3

>heard that persona 5 is good
>buy it
>started playing it
>begins by bombarding you with half-hour cutscenes and dialog
>tutorial level is literally 5 minutes long
>after that is more dialog and cutscenes
>every 2 seconds you walk, a dialog box appears
>after 20 hours of dialog, gameplay is in
>tutorial level done
>fight enemy
>kills me in less than 1 turn because weakness lol

nice game faggots
>>
>>380699140
You never saw it coming?
>>
Holy shit, you're really bad.
>>
>>380699140

>complaining about the opening hours of a JRPG

Well, you died. Keep going. Don't make a goddamn thread on /v/ about it.
>>
>>380699140
>>after 20 hours of dialog, gameplay is in
Your reading comprehension would have to be Kindergarten tier.
>>
>>380699140
>kills me in less than 1 turn because weakness lol

git gud
>>
>>380699140
It's a movie game. Most of it is cutscenes, and gameplay consists of the player teleporting to whichever cutscene he wants to activate on a particular day. Combat is cinematic and you can literally set battles to play automatically.
>>
>>380699140
The tutorial is actually like 10 hours long
>>
A RIVER
>>
So how many floors until I can get the treasure in the first palace?
>>
>>380699140
Oh shit, I'm sorry
>>
>>380699140
It's okay, autism can be debilitating. You can go back to Minecraft. It's a quick game to get into and you won't have to concentrate on any "complicated" dialogue or anything. :)
>>
>>380699140

It is almost like you are playing a JRPG or something.
>>
>>380699140
Take your time or get smoked
>>
>>380699140
Another "game is bad because I lose" episode.

You assholes should just receive cancer.
>>
>>380699647
fpbp

>>380699140
You probably should have started withRIVERS INA DRY LAND

THE LAST ACE IN A LOST HAND!
>>
File: Anal.png (97KB, 500x422px) Image search: [Google]
Anal.png
97KB, 500x422px
>>380704886
A HEARTBEAT FOR A TINMAN
>>
It's a JRPG, I'm not sure what you expected. Having about 5-10 hours of playtime between start and the time you actually get into the meat of the game is pretty standard for the more story driven ones.
>>
>>380699140
>it gets good after 10 hours

every time
>>
>>380705060
>tinman

literally what the fuck

it's demon you dumb weeb
>>
>>380707016
Not him, but no its really not though
>>
>>380700362
P5 looks nothing like a movie, fucking retard. Obviously you don't know what a movie game is. Movie game doesn't mean the same as story game, nor is it the same as JRPG. Movie games are almost exclusively a western thing
>>
>>380699140
>tutorial level is literally 5 minutes long
Oh I wish that was the tutorial level. Imagine the game game didn't have to appease to the retards and could get the basics of combat and movement out of the way right then and there without having to go through explaining combat all over again for every battle of the first 5 hours.

It wasn't until 11 hours in that I finally beat the first dungeon and tasted freedom, and to be fair, they have let me be for the most part free finally. Holy shit however, it was actually 11 hours. I checked my time and everything. 11 hours before I was given freedom to make my own decisions and spend time how I wanted.
>>
>>380699140
>because weakness lol
that's a fucking main gameplay aspect of smt games. take advantage of weaknesses against the enemy, cover your own weaknesses, and exploit debuffs/ status ailments against certain opponents.
git gud
>>
>>380699140
I agree, I honestly think the only appeal of these games is the waifus. Nobody would willingly spend 80 hours playing a game that was 50% visual novel for fun.
>>
>>380699647
heh
>>
>>380699140
How did the years of persona 4 posting not tell you that there were a lot of cutscenes and dialog?
If you wanted a persona 5 thread, you could have just asked.
>>
>>380699140
for some reason op, i dont belive you.

you just made shit up to start a persona 5 thread didint you?
>>
>>380707636
>movie games are exculsively a western thing
kek what a retarded weeb
>>
>>380707825
Eh, they implement the visual novel stuff cleverly when it comes to deciding how to spend your finite time on the too many social links there are as well as balancing improving your stats in addition to working towards progress in the temples and mementos. It's not the idea of dialog that concerns me so much as when the game takes away your agency, and the game does do that painfully at times, but it's not 50% of the game. It's more like 25% then.
>>
>>380707016
never read/watched the wizard of oz?
>>
>>380707636
Movie games aren't movie games because they look nice, dumb anime poster.
They're movie games because you sit and watch them rather than playing them. Persona 5 is a movie game.
>>
>>380699647
Kek
>>
>>380708310
Movie games are games that try to be movies. They have ugly ass """realistic""" graphics and real-time combat because the whole fucking point is a cinematic experience

P5 is not that. P5 has tons of dialogue, READING, and is clearly designed to look like a typical JRPG, not a movie game. Again, a game is not a movie game just because it has a story.
>>
>>380699140
Persona 5 was my first JRPG and first turn based game that I actually played for more than an hour and the few deaths I had on normal mode were like 12+ hours into the game at the second palace and a few more deaths at around the 100 hour mark and beyond. I died maybe 5-6 times total in a 136 hour playthrough. How retarded are you?
>>
>>380708310
Nah. Movie games are games that add pretend gameplay over the cutscenes and make no attempt to interweave the 2 outside of "WOW, look! QTEs! When you press the button, something awesome happens! YOU DID THAT! WHAT A GAME!"
They would clearly much rather be making a movie, but because they made a game, they have to put some generic extremely scripted third person shooter segments inbetween all these cutscenes and witty dialog.

Persona 5 has a lot of story, but it interweaves it with it's gameplay better.
>>
>>380708310
What? Movie games are games that try to replicate a typical hollywood style of cinematics and storytelling. Movie games are games like CoD4 campaign, Uncharted 4, Heavy Rain, etc. Persona 5 is a JRPG that has a lot of dialogue because it's also part social sim / dating sim.
>>
>>380708870
>>380709359

Alright then it's a book game.

Not even a good book at that

And no, having characters interupt you every 10 minutes with some shitty dialogue isn't a good mix of gameplay and story.
>>
>>380710961
I know you're mad about what OP told you, and I'll admit that first 6 hours is terrible as you go through tutorial land, but it really does lighten up a lot after that. Once you get freedom to do social links at your own leisure and control when and how you approach the dungeons, it's really not as you describe at all.
>>
>>380699140
you must be a retard if it took you 20 hours to get to the first battle
>>
>>380699823
This, its not our fault you cant git gud.
>>
>>380702304
Sorry for what?
>>
How is the ps3 port? Is it good?
>>
>>380699140
Hardly surprised. Persona is the kind of homosexual tweens play.

It's just a poorly written gay japanese teen drama: the video game.
>>
>be OP
>hurr I cant read text hurr im retarded
>hurr its a movie game im a gamer cause my first fps is cawwaduty
>HURR WEEBS AMIRITE?
Lol have fun wasting the 70-80 bucks you paid for a game you suck ass at.
>>
>>380714638
Smt is always the better option.
>>
>>380714602
its just like the ps4 version but with longer load times and no dlc.
>>
File: laughing elf man.jpg (16KB, 255x352px) Image search: [Google]
laughing elf man.jpg
16KB, 255x352px
As PC master race, I've never had problems with grindan in Persona games.

I just rev up Cheat Engine and suddenly I have a gorillion yen and lvl 99 personas.

Can't wait until 5 gets ported.
>>
The persona series gets memed so much it makes me want to try it, but I know I'll end up hating it
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.