[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How was this game? I barely played it back then and I didn't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

How was this game? I barely played it back then and I didn't like it, how was the wii version?
>>
File: 1394731798328.jpg (24KB, 500x564px) Image search: [Google]
1394731798328.jpg
24KB, 500x564px
I played this on GC with the bongos.
Fucking amazing game, the design is impeccable. Pure fun, platinum medal on every stage.
>>
a pretty fun game, if a bit on the easy side, and no replay value if youve already got all platinm medals
>>
>>380676661
I still own the wii version, the gameplay is very neat and the graphics are quite nice considering its age
>>
>>380676661

Just play Def Jam
>>
>>380676661
The best Donkey Kong game. Only flaw is that it's way too fucking short.

Gamecube Version is way better.
Wii version is serviceable but not nearly satisfying to play due to the reduced difficulty and excessive handholding.
>>
>>380679478
>The best Donkey Kong game
Unless Donkey Kong '94 counts, I agree.

>Only flaw is that it's way too fucking short.
The repeat boss fights are also kind of bummer.

>Gamecube Version is way better.
This cannot be stressed enough. Also, the bongo is surprisingly fun to use, especially for this game.
>>
My absolute favorite DK game, no lie.
It's perfect. The Bongo design is so perfect, so accurate and responsive. Very uniqe and clever. Easy to learn, hard to master. When you pull off huge chains you know you did some tricky shit and feel great about it.
>>
Make sure you play the GCN version.

Unlike Mario Tennis and Pikmin, the Wii port of DKJB is nothing like the GCN port.
>>
File: 1418258522348.jpg (207KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
1418258522348.jpg
207KB, 720x540px
>/v/ likes Junglebeat

But I agree, GC version is pretty great. Not sure if I'd commit to favorite DK game, but it's up there.
>>
>>380676661
Playing on the bongos is stupid amounts of fun, not sure if it holds up on a regular controller. Definitely worth checking it out, especially if you can find some bongos cheap
>>
>>380679779
>Donkey Kong '94

I'd argue it's more a Mario game since it's a remake of the arcade, but on a purely technical level it's superior to Jungle Beat. Would be perfect if it had a levels select after you beat it.

For the bosses, the Rocs and Cactus King were the only ones I ever felt cheated by. The double elephants were one of my favorites and the freeform nature of the hog battles never got old. None of those compared to the Kong fights though. I'll never forget fighting Sumo Kong on a fucking meteor crashing into Earth.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.